• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Some OCs Up For Grabs

CanaryCry

Typin words til they make sense
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! Let me begin by saying I don’t push too hard for romance. If something develops organically between characters, that’s great, but I’m looking more for characters developing as just people throughout the plot as well, not necessarily tailored to romantic partners - found family, friends that will do anything for each other or simply people with their own agendas working with or against each other, that sort of thing. I’m not new to rping, nor am I new to Rpnation, but it’s been a really long time, so forgive me for being rusty, and also not really knowing how to use BBCode ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here’s what you can expect from me as a partner:
Anywhere from 1 - 6 or 7 paragraphs per reply, depending on what’s happening story wise. I understand some action or introspection requires long posts, and that some conversations or action require smaller ones, but no less than a paragraph of 6-8 sentences at least
I’m open to discussing story directions and details, but can also roll with surprises
If any romance is involved, I’m personally only up for mxf
I’m 28 with a full time job and other hobbies so I’ll probably only post once or maybe twice per day, or sometimes get busy and not be able to post at all, but will never disappear for long periods of time without warning

What I expect from you is about the same:
1-2 paragraphs at minimum
As willingness to discuss events or storylines/characters and see what works best for us both
Fair warning, if possible, if it’s going to be more than a few days between replies, with a preference for one reply a day/every other day
Would prefer someone over the age of 18, as otherwise I feel a bit strange about it even with nothing romantic or explicit going on

Typos happen - I generally use an iPad and the virtual keyboard/autocorrect combo, so I’m understanding of mistakes and make them myself - but a clear grasp of the English language and proper sentence/paragraph structure is appreciated. No blocks of text with dialogue buried inside, please.

All right! Finally on to the plots/characters I’ve got going. If you would be interested in doing either of these with me, please let me know here or pm me.

Modern/Superpowers

View attachment 950461
View attachment 950459

Evelyn and Luca are a pair I can’t separate in my brain. They live in a modern world where having superpowers is normal - having none is average (common), having one isn’t very abnormal (uncommon), having two is unlikely (rare), and having three separate, unrelated abilities is nearly impossible (ultra rare).
Luca is kept captive and used as a weapon by a man that can control his mind, and keeps him compliant through this and other tactics. For years he has used Luca’s power to slaughter anyone who is in his way (whether the man is going after government, criminals, or simply some sort of organization/gang he hates can be determined later on), and as Luca’s ability made it all happen quick and without much evidence left behind, he’s been the top name on a list of wanted murderers for a long time.
Evelyn is the one that figures it out, finds him, and gets someone with the right resources to set him free.
The rp itself could begin with Evelyn and your character meeting for the first time, when they free Luca, or later in life when he, Evelyn, and the person that actually got him free have known each other a while and are faced with some new foe or problem. I tend to play through my rps as half slice of life and half drama, if that makes any sense, with a big focus on character interactions and development, so the ratio of peace to action is up for discussion between us :)

Evelyn is one of the impossible humans blessed with three abilities, though this is often overlooked because none of her abilities are physically strong or give her any tangible power over anyone.
First, she has the ability of Sight, a way of seeing from one place to another through a certain medium. Her medium is water, and as water is a constantly shifting substance it is considered rare and powerful to be able to use it. If she were to be touching water in any way, she could see through another patch of still water anywhere within a certain radius of her body (i.e. putting her hand in a puddle and being able to see what is happening around a glass of water sitting inside a restaurant across the street.)
Second, she has an ability I’ve simply dubbed Insight. When she sees, hears, touches, or otherwise interacts with a person or object, she ‘just knows things’, without her consent or control. When she first meets a person she can get no insight whatsoever, or she can tell that they’re about to get divorced, or thinking of starting a new job, or other such things.
Third, she has a weak sort of technopathy, something she’s only managed to make strong enough for sending untraceable messages to phones or computers she otherwise would have no way to contact, or sending small electrical signals to make locked doors open or simple machines function.
Combined, she uses these abilities to become a person known only as The Informant. If you need to know something about your friends or enemies, she’ll get you that information for a price. As her messages seemingly have no source and her payment is always either made in cash or some other untraceable currency, we can make it so that no one has ever uncovered her identity, or any details about her gender, age, or location, or she can be a known face around town and sought out on purpose.
She also, as a defining visual trait, always carries an umbrella or parasol around with her.

Luca has only two abilities, but one is powerful enough to make him all but unbeatable.
First, he has the same Sight as Evelyn, able to see into places he isn’t physically present in through any source of still water.
Second, he has what he refers to as The Shadow, a sort of energy materialized by his own body but almost with its own consciousness. At will he can create and shape pieces of black energy into shields, weapons, even a platform to stand on and which can be used to lift him up, if he’s desperate and has enough strength left for it. On his own, or under the control of his captor, he can tear apart multiple enemies at once while protecting his own body from harm at the same time. The thing that makes him so unbeatable is that the Shadow seems to have a mind of its own at times, protecting Luca from physical harm without him ever seeing the blow coming. To date, the only things his Shadow hasn’t been able to pierce through were made of thick metal (meaning he can’t slice I-beams in half or destroy whole buildings on his own unless strategically targeting wood or stone supports that can be smashed by physical force rather than simply denting. His targets are, generally, strictly human)
If you’re a bit of a weeb like me, think of a mix of Gaara from Naruto, and Akutagawa from Bungou Stray Dogs.

The third character involved in their story and potentially played by you, is Shiver, whose identity is less solid and whose name and gender can be adjusted according to partner preference. Shiver has the ability to nullify others' powers and is the person who helped physically remove Luca from captivity, not only cutting short the control his captor had over him but also being the first person to touch him without fear as he is carried away from the building he was kept in.
Initially, Shiver may have been trying to hunt down Luca as the mysterious killer, not knowing he was being used, or could simply have been known to Evelyn already and asked to help. His history, job, and relationship with Evelyn can be discussed.
To Luca, Evelyn is safety, the one who found him and believed in him, and Shiver is basically God, the one who not only rescued him but can also make it one hundred percent certain that Luca won’t hurt anyone or lose control again.

Shiver can be replaced, though the ability-nullifying power would have to be kept or else changed to something reasonably able to keep Luca under control, even if it’s just empathy that will force him to feel calm, as the ability to pacify him would be the main reason they’re kept together. Any other details or any extra characters can be worked through together.

TLDR - Superpowers, hurt/comfort, found family, and a bit of teaching someone how to function in the modern world?
Vampires?

This wasn't gaining much traction so I’m adding in Arthur, who is a little more open to romance plots!

Arthur lives in a world where vampires (and other creatures, if it suits us) are known to humans but not popular, for obvious reasons. Vampires tend to live in small communities wherein life is necessarily night-centric, catering to their specific needs but otherwise mostly normal living - and if a human is willing to be hired out for live feeding rather than vampires feeding from predrawn, preserved blood bags, they get highly discounted room and board.
Arthur is one of these humans, once a promising young prodigy on the violin, but the pressure got to him and he disappeared off the music scene years ago. Now he lives inside one of these vampire communities as one of their most popular meals, as he‘ll cater to the whims of his clients far more willingly than others, chasing the drug-like high of the feed. Most feeders only stay temporarily, for financial reasons, and leave the second they can, but Arthur seems to be sticking around. The problem is that he’s noticed he’s been losing little chunks of memory at a time and the empty gaps are only getting longer as time goes on and he continues to sell his body as a meal to monsters.
YC might find him interesting, or simply want to help, but otherwise with some tweaking he can fit into other vampire plots you might have in mind yourself. Let me know if you’re interested :)
View attachment 951426

Last edited:
Here’s a quick opener for Evelyn and Luca, in case anyones interested in a writing sample. Have mercy, I’m rusty :closedeyescryingfrown:

It was late in the night, the first time she noticed it. Someone watching her, from the glass of water sitting on her coffee table. At first she thought she had imagined it, only seeing it from the corner of her eye, but when she turned curiously to look she saw the faint blue glow just as it disappeared. It was difficult to believe, another person with Sight just like hers happening to find her, so it wasn’t until the second time that she truly gave it any more thought.

Upon noticing it out of the corner of her eye once more, she walked to the kitchen island where a notebook rested and flipped to a clean page, wrote out the words “Please don’t leave. I’m going to turn around” and held them where they could be read over her shoulder. When she turned slowly to look, the small glow of Sight was still present, and she offered a small smile and sat nearby on the couch to attempt communication.

It took three days and several short, one-sided visits before her request to see the other person didn’t result in them leaving immediately. The Sight lingered long enough for her to reach out for the glass and gently touch the water the glow sat in, to follow its source back to an exhausted looking young man sitting in a dark, mostly bare room. Something felt wrong immediately, but it took days of random visits, yes and no questions, and some time pointing at letters of the alphabet to learn his name, to learn he needed help.

When her Insight finally told her how many people he’d killed, she hid from his sight for hours.

In the week that followed, she paid the location the Sight had come from multiple visits, careful not to get too close or be seen, and dug deep into the history of the Ghost Killer to gather as much information as possible. The killings had been going on since the young man she had seen was just a small child, and her Insight kept trying to tell her that something was wrong, that it wasn’t his fault, and like all other times it had nagged at her, she had to listen. For this trapped, wrongly accused soul, she did something she had never done before: offered to let someone meet the mysterious Informant in person. It was a risk, but she had to take it. Luca needed her help.

A starter for Arthur as well :)

The rain was the first thing Arthur noticed as he came to, soaking through his clothes to his underwear, through his shoes to his socks. It wasn’t the worst sensation he’d ever felt, nor the worst way he’d ever woken up from a night of drinking, but he was sitting on a bench, outside, in the rain, and he had no idea how he’d gotten there. How much had he lost this time, he wondered, anxiety crawling through the mud that appeared to be filling his brain. Everything was slow, muted. All he could hear was rain and all he could think of was trying to puzzle out how he’d gotten to the bench.

When it finally hit him, Arthur managed a faint, exhausted sort of smile at the memory of where he’d been and what had happened. One of his regular clients had hired him out for a niece to feed from him, because the girl wasn’t very experienced with live food, and because Arthur would do whatever they wanted. They’d given him the smoothest whiskey he’d ever drank in his life - and kept giving it to him until he could hardly stand up on his own, until it did its job and changed the very taste of his blood.

He’d told her he would need water after. He hadn’t thought he would need to explain that the water was for drinking.

It was almost funny, Arthur thought as he used the arm of the bench to get to his feet, and perhaps would’ve continued thinking it was funny if the earth didn’t immediately start to rotate under his feet the second he let go. He made it three or four dizzy, wobbling steps before finally drifting so far to the side his foot slipped off the concrete into the grass and he suddenly found himself lying in the mud. Maybe he would just sleep there, he thought as black crept quickly in at the edges of his vision, and started to close his eyes. It wasn’t as if he had much choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back