• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sol Reborn

With talk like that I can imagine the Spacers quickly becoming the unofficially designated antagonists of the RP that everyone gangs up on and destroys for the greater good.
Obviously I'm talking strategy out loud. I see the Spacers as not trying to intentionally fuck everyone over, but wanting to get rich while they can.

Plus I dont mind necessarily being the antagonists but you guys literally have moon fascists. They seem a little more evil than shrewd businessmen with spaceships.

Yeah... spaceships aren't super easy to predict the course of....
Yes, but he's talking about a railgun firing an unguided projectile. I suppose he could have some kind of guided missile in a magnetic sabot, but he hasn't given any indication of that. Thus, if the spaceship is far enough away it could change course or motivation before it was struck by said projectile. It's not fool-proof, by any measure, but it is a marked advantage in a hypothetical scenario where one spaceship and one fixed gun are firing back and forth.

Yes, but he's talking about a railgun firing an unguided projectile. I suppose he could have some kind of guided missile in a magnetic sabot, but he hasn't given any indication of that. Thus, if the spaceship is far enough away it could change course or motivation before it was struck by said projectile. It's not fool-proof, by any measure, but it is a marked advantage in a hypothetical scenario where one spaceship and one fixed gun are firing back and forth.
I will stick with my lasers, try to dodge that

I will stick with my lasers, try to dodge that
Lasers would actually most likely be the go-to anti-ship weapon. I suppose the deployment of a water-vapor mist would dull their effectiveness but I actually think the whole "refraction of light by water" only works under atmospheric conditions. I could be wrong.

Lasers would actually most likely be the go-to anti-ship weapon. I suppose the deployment of a water-vapor mist would dull their effectiveness but I actually think the whole "refraction of light by water" only works under atmospheric conditions. I could be wrong.
I think it would still work but... water is heavy and my laser won't hit the same location every time

I'm not fascist, im just a little authoritarian. There's still an elected senate, after all

I wasnt paying attention to the flag so i had to go back and look but yeah that's pretty neato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back