• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sol Reborn

I would love to join if not too late. I haven't the in depth knowledge as all of you for the hard science, but im sure i can make a faction interesting enough for ya'll to forgive me ^_^

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow actually, if you could help me understand the effects of prolonged exposure to micro gravity to zero gravity?
And maybe a quick refresher on the agreed tech level for this rp? i may have misread but it doesn't look like an initial starting point was established

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow actually, if you could help me understand the effects of prolonged exposure to micro gravity to zero gravity?
And maybe a quick refresher on the agreed tech level for this rp? i may have misread but it doesn't look like an initial starting point was established
Well for starters, the first thing to suffer is the skeletal system. Humans are adapted to our usual 1G pulling down on us and this affects bone development. Next would be blood pressure but for that, its gonna take awhile. Also your heart adapts to the grav.

Which is why my Martian Soldiers are gonna have problems with.... Things in the future. Earth gravity is gonna slowly kill them. As for tech level.... No FTL and energy weapons.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow thank you very much, so long term exposure, say... 2, 3 generations born and raised in space would basically consider planetfall to be a lost cause?
Not just a lost cause but DANGEROUS. Esp those born in 0-G BUT you have hope. Those living in orbital colonies can be in Torus type colonies that rotate to simulate 1G. A hard science way of achieving artificial gravity.

Ok so i've been reading the overview again and realised i may have made an error in my factions lore.

By regain contact, does that mean by the start of rp, no faction knows of the other? Or more-so only knowing of those that would be considered reasonable?

For example i plan for my group to be littered about in a very decentralized fashion through the belt, with a couple floatillas and a singular station left in stationary orbit around the sun between the belt and mars acting like a fuel stop/trading post.

Would i therefore have previous experience with spacebourne factions in that area? Or is that up for discussion between the players?

Ok so i've been reading the overview again and realised i may have made an error in my factions lore.

By regain contact, does that mean by the start of rp, no faction knows of the other? Or more-so only knowing of those that would be considered reasonable?

For example i plan for my group to be littered about in a very decentralized fashion through the belt, with a couple floatillas and a singular station left in stationary orbit around the sun between the belt and mars acting like a fuel stop/trading post.

Would i therefore have previous experience with spacebourne factions in that area? Or is that up for discussion between the players?
Radio will still travel but require high powered receivers (although myself and Fish are fixing that IC) The 'event' ending earth only JUST happened so we all know or have a good idea about what just happened. If your in the Belt, our two factions will very much know each other, depending on your lore we will either be good friends and trading partners or in competition.
Does that answer your query?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back