• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Society of Myths- Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Error404RealityFailed

Please contact operator to correct mistake
Creature Sheet:

Name:

Race: (Type of creature. I recommend doing a bit of research on mythology to find one you would like to have a character of. You may find something you didn't expect!)

Race Lore: (Some information on the race)

Appearance: (Picture maybe, then description below. Just description is fine, but please give it detail)

History: (This one may take a while, as I'd like to know the important details and maybe then some. Please give me the birth year, relationship to something (Parents, how are they doing?), thoughts on humans, and just what has happened to them in their lives.)

Personality: (Self explanatory)

Phobias: (Their greatest fears)

Position: (What kind of job do they have, where are they: Ex-Student, doctor, council person etc.)

Quirks: (What else do we need to know?)

Human Sheet:

Name:

Nationality: (Where are they from?)

Appearance: (Picture with description, or just a good description)

History: (What's been going on with them. What are they doing in my swamp?)

Personality: (Self Explanatory)

Phobias: (Greatest Fears)

Beliefs: (What do they believe when people talk about mythical creatures)

Quirks: (What else should we know?)

Name: Wahkan Nashoba (Sacred Wolf) (Nickname: Nash)

Race: Navajo Skinwalker

Race Lore:
Many Navajos believe firmly in the existence of skinwalkers and refuse to discuss them publicly for fear of retribution. They believe skinwalkers walk freely among the tribe and secretly transform under the cover of night. The term yee naaldooshii literally translates to “with it, he goes on all fours.” According to Navajo legend, a skinwalker is a medicine man or witch who has attained the highest level of priesthood in the tribe, but chose to use his or her power for evil by taking the form of an animal to inflict pain and suffering on others. To become a skinwalker requires the most evil of deeds, the killing of a close family member. They literally become humans who have acquired immense supernatural power, including the ability to transform into animals and other people. According to the Navajo skinwalker legend, these evil witches are typically seen in the form of a coyote, owl, fox, wolf or crow – although they do have the ability to turn into any animal they choose. Because it is believed that skinwalkers wear the skins of the animals they transform into, it is considered taboo to wear the pelt of any animal. In fact, the Navajo are only known to wear two hides, sheepskin and buckskin, both of which are only used for ceremonial purposes. Those who have talked of their encounters with these evil beings describe a number of ways in which a skinwalker will try to inflict harm. Some describe hearing knocks on the window or banging on the walls. Others have spotted an animal-like figure peering in through a window. According to Navajo skinwalker legend, they are seldom caught. Those who do track a skinwalker and learn of their true identity must pronounce the name of the evil one in full. Once this happens, the skinwalker will get sick or die for the wrongs they have inflicted against others.

Appearance:
674453ab4a587a37ed19210c07b2394a.jpg
delrayn_by_facetaiheiyo.jpg

Human Shape: Black hair that often falls in his face, which contrasts with his light colored skin. He is almost always seen wearing his black cloak with the hood pulled up and a black devilish looking mask. His eyes are light crystal blue. His body is thin and fit, and he's of average height for a boy of his age.
Wolf Shape: A large black wolf, about the size of an SUV, with crystal blue eyes that are chilling enough to stop his victims in their tracks. His fur seems pitch black, but if the light hits it right you can see streaks of gray here and there. Being so large, his silver claws are about a foot long on paws as large as tires.

History: Born in 1993 in the Blue Ridge Mountain range of North Carolina, Nash is the son of two pharmacists. It was a pretty average, boring life. His real name is Daniel Allan, but when he took on the hobby of Navajo witchcraft at 17 he chose his own name, Wahkan Nashoba, meaning sacred wolf. Not only was he an intern at his parents job, but he was also practicing ancient, evil witchcraft with a book he bought at an antique shop, and he excelled in both practices. He never fit in, he did poorly in school for the simple fact he didn't care about it, and he brushed off all human contact or interaction, hardly even speaking to his parents. When he had become as skilled as he could in Navajo witchcraft, he read further in the ancient book and discovered that he could, in fact, become a skin walker. All he had to do was kill his parents. It was the crime of the century in the small town in which he lived, and he was never caught. He took his book and ran off, into the woods, and eventually he caught wind if the Abiete Village, where he found his place. He still seldom talks to other mythical creatures, but is considered evil by humans. He must prey on them to survive, eating two or three in a night when he does feed, about once a week. He is heartless towards humans and has no empathy for them. He has emotions and empathy towards other creatures, just not humans.

Personality: He's pretty much a loner, not one for big crowds. If you're lucky, you can get him to remove his mask, but he has to like you and trust you a whole awful lot for him to reveal something personal or take off more than his mask. He's pretty much a closed book. He doesn't react to many things, and seems to have no emotion at all, but believe me it can be pulled out of him. He experiences emotions alright, but seldom shows it. He prefers to be off by himself, not thinking anyone will even care if he's alone. Who'd care about some herbal healer? In fact, it's rather suspicious how protective he is over his spellbook and his identity.
EDIT: He can be snarky in an attempt to get others to leave him alone, and sometimes it gets him into trouble.

Phobias: He is super protective over his book and fears loosing it, for it's his only source of power. So he's terrified of loosing it, and also terrified of his identity being revealed, for if someone says his full name to him, his REAL full name, he will get sick, or even die. That's why he stays away from everyone and rarely shows what he's feeling or reveals anything about himself, even his looks. Because of this, he is EXCELLENT in covering up his tracks, especially when he travels to the human-populated areas to hunt.

Position: Herbal healer of the village. If you're a creature that believes in witchcraft and you've got a problem, he might be able to help you out. He makes deals with other creatures to get the supplies he needs to perform his spells. If you can bring him what he needs, he will do his best to help you out.

Quirks: His Navajo spellbook is his only true possession. It's what he uses to perform all his spells and, even though he has a couple memorized, he's pretty much lost without it. Even if someone could get their hands on the book, they would not be able to perform about 90% of the spells in the book. They must be performed by someone with extreme practice and experience in Navajo witchcraft, and some can only be performed by Navajo Skinwalkers themselves. None of the spells in the book are fatal, in fact most are protection or healing spells, but there are a few offensive ones that Nash could use in combat.
Medieval_Renaissance_Flower_Leather_Handmade_Diary.jpg

EDIT: Nash can also, when in wolf shape, lock eyes with a target and read its mind as well as mimic its voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Morgan Cythraul (Means Water Demon)

Race: Rawhead/Bloody Bones

Race Lore:
Bloody Bones is sometimes regarded as a water demon haunting deep ponds and old marl pits (which often became filled with water to form ponds) where it dragged children into the depths. Children were told to "keep away from the marl-pit or rawhead and bloody bones will have you."
Ruth Tongue said in Somerset Folklore that he "lived in a dark cupboard, usually under the stairs. If you were heroic enough to peep through a crack you would get a glimpse of the dreadful, crouching creature, with blood running down his face, seated waiting on a pile of raw bones that had belonged to children who told lies or said bad words. If you peeped through the keyhole he got you anyway."

Appearance:
ff6c12164bc1147a7a6ee283731cce47--goodbye-lullaby-avril-lavigne.jpg

History: Morgan had been married for a year when she gave birth to her first child, a girl named Natalie. When Natalie was four, she couldn't talk much, but could talk enough to lie. Natalie lied to her mother about killing her little brother. It was an accident, she was just giving the baby a bath. She held her brother underwater too long and he drowned. Natalie told her mother she didn't do it, she didn't know how the tub got filled or how the baby got in. Morgan didn't believe her for a second. Outraged and distraught, she took Natalie on a drive that night, but drove the car into a lake, killing her daughter and herself. Natalie decomposed, but Morgan stayed perfectly intact. Once all that was left of Natalie was her bones, Morgan was resurrected and became "Bloody Bones", wearing her daughters bones as a necklace. She is now a water demon that feeds on lying human children, one each night, all over the country. She travels quickly, through any forms of water, be it gas, solid, or liquid. She feeds each night, then returns to Abiete Village.

Personality: She HATES being lied to and is very vengeful. She can't do too much, since she only has the power to kill children with her demonic powers, but she will hold quite a grudge and get back at you in any way she can. But as long as you stay on her good side, she's actually quite friendly. She will do her best to help you out in any way she can. She can be flirtatious if you're her type. However, she is very paranoid of being lied to, and quite skeptical, rarely ever believing someone 100%. She prefers dark, damp spaces and won't be seen often in a place that isn't and loves rainy and/or foggy days.

Phobias: Dry, bright places. Being lied to. Cars. Her necklace being taken.

Position: Makes and repairs personal weapons for other creatures. She can use a limited amount of demon magic to make the weapons enchanted if requested, but nothing super powerful. No Excaliburs.

Quirks: The only way to kill her is to take her bone necklace, burn it, then spread the ashes onto the pond where she died. She will then dissolve into a puddle. If someone takes it, even when sleeping, she will know about it because she can feel a lack of power and energy. She will then go to great lengths to get it back.
Bone Necklace:
bone-necklace-0.jpg

Last edited:
2a145bed4bc6f56687227bec08be67c6.jpg
Cineál

Female
Height:
"I can be as short or as tall as I wish"
5'4
Weight:
"As stout as a tree or light as a leaf"
100lbs
Race:
"What a tricky thing Race and Species is"
Fae
Daemon
Role:
"I can heal the most mortal of wounds, I can fight using the cleverest of tool, my surroundings"
Medic/ Support fighter {Prefers}

Weapons:
"The only weapon one needs truly is the mind"
Surroundings
Fire {Occasionally}
"I have had this blade through many trials and it has countless saved my life as it ended others'"
lann a bheidh i mbiotáille ina gcónaí/ lann spiorad =Blade of living spirit/ spirit blade
tumblr_nq1qxnkUxK1sa4fslo1_1280.jpg
This blade will not die nor rust or grow dull so long as the one using it does not as well. It has an added effect of having a bit of sentience and reacts to different people when held. {If a ranger were to grasp it, it might change the handle of the grip forcing you to hold it more like a hunting dagger and grow ridges. If a chef held it the blade might smooth out and possibly elongate} It was a fae gift from a black smith. Be warned however. Most fae gifts in hands of non fae tend to be volatile and cause harm to their owners after a while.

Personality:
Cineal is more often than not a peaceful and comforting presence. Likely her aura and force of will are known before she speaks any words because she has such a gift of her birth as part of nature. Her articulation is fine but words cannot always express her. She believes in keeping peace and actively works as a mediator between bridges when she needs to. Her long life has left her weary of War despite her intimate knowledge and experience of it. However like all creatures, like all fae she has a darker side to her soul. Her temper can flare like any others and when it does it is best to bring her mind back to peace or if she is too far gone steer clear until she is back to her self.
977c14a7bf338e4890813eaeb8ed4a3d.jpg

Background:
"Once I was a warrior, and the battlefield was my home. My body bathed in blood made me feel stronger. I have long since come to my senses and recognize my past can only be a strength to use to further my future goal of peace."

Abilities:
-Natures Salve: She can use her extensive knowledge of anatomy and nature to heal most wounds. {This is dependent upon the type/severity of injury and the person's race. I.E. Some races react differently to her abilities}

-Aurora: Her feelings can influence things and people around her. {When you smell lavender you feel calm when you smell peppermint you feel upbeat, When you meditate under a waterfall and listen are around nature that is peaceful do you not feel peaceful as well?}

-Woods Fire: She can start fires and direct them, throw them if she likes as well. {This is conditional, the spark of fire is derived from her life ability, It requires her temper to flare and to use either her own body or the nature around her.}

-Spark of Life: Living long enough you pick up tricks whether about your own self and race or the things about you. She can bring life. {This is not in the sense of bringing some one who was previously dead back to full health but it is within her power to stop someones complete passing if she is there within the first 3 minutes of their death. Afterward she is sapped of most energy}

-Spark of Life (continued): She can create small wood nymph like creatures from her own body. and can like a bee use a collective mind process with them {This is meant as a sort of reconnaissance because in this state her body is more fragile and vulnerable}

The actual Race of Fae she is, Daemon
{Daemons being more benevolent. Daemons are any of a wide range of creatures that come in many forms. Often of a mischievious nature. They, like demons, are skilled fighters and also have many powers, often of illusion or transformation. They can vary in form from grotesque to inhumanly beautiful. And take forms varying from that of an animal, to a human, or even a sphere of light. They can be tricky, and it is hard to extract a promise from one, but once you have, you can expect loyalty and dedication. They might be protectors, friends, enemies, neutral, solitary, warriors, or allies, anything depending on their will. They are so varying in fact, that it is impossible to account for them in one paragraph. Further reading is advised. Sometimes Seelie. Tentatively Neutral.}

Click Below to see Each Character's Info...

Name: Nonni Rulkia

Nickname: N/A

Race: Kitsune

Race Lore:
Kitsune are from Japanese folklore and are Japanese foxes. A kitsune can have up to nine tails, depending on its age, wisdom, and power. The only way to kill a kitsune is to cut off all of its tails, as it is said that one of the tails is its main tail and the source of all its power. Not knowing which tail is the main one, one would have to cut off all its tails to kill it. One, five, seven, and nine tails are the most common numbers in folk stories. When a kitsune gains its ninth tail, its fur becomes white or gold.

A kitsune is a shapeshifter, and usually, when it reaches the age of 100 years, it learns the ability to take on a human form. Thus, they have to be a fox for a hundred years before it can shapeshift from a fox to a human and back again. It is also said that a kitsune can duplicate other human beings, in other words, shapeshift into the look-a-likes of different people.

Kitsune can be either male or female, and usually take the form of young Japanese girls, beautiful women, and older men.
Kitsune are believed to possess superior intelligence, long life, and magical powers. They are a type of spiritual entity, and the word kitsune is often translated as fox spirit. However, this does not mean that kitsune are ghosts, nor that they are fundamentally different from regular foxes. Because the word spirit is used to reflect a state of knowledge or enlightenment, all long-lived foxes gain supernatural abilities.

There are thirteen different kinds of Kitsune, each with a corresponding element, listed as follows: Heaven (or Celestial or Prime), Void (or Dark), Wind, Spirit, Fire, Earth, River, Ocean, Mountain, Forest, Thunder, Time and Sound. One of the most important things to a Kitsune is freedom. They do not fare well to being locked away and do not like to be forced to do something they don't want to. Doing something like that would be likely to get you killed if they are freed. Kitsune love playing tricks. They like to take things and hide them from people, or do just about anything else to piss someone off.

Kitsunes' have things called Kitsune balls, or star balls, which is a small white-gold ball that is a Kitsune's most prized possession, since it is almost like their life force in a ball. If you get your hands on a Kitsune's star ball, you would have the ability to control the Kitsune and make it do your bidding. However, Kitsune hate being stripped of their freedom, and when the Kitsune gets its star ball back, there will be serious repercussions for you to deal with.

In some stories, kitsune have difficulty hiding their tails when they take human form; looking for the tail, perhaps when the fox gets drunk or careless, is a common method of discerning the creature's true nature. Variants on the theme have the kitsune retain other foxlike traits, such as a coating of fine hair, a fox-shaped shadow, or a reflection that shows its true form. Kitsune-gao or fox-faced refers to human females who have a narrow face with close-set eyes, thin eyebrows, and high cheekbones. Traditionally, this facial structure is considered attractive, and some tales ascribe it to foxes in human form. Kitsune have a fear and hatred of dogs even while in human form, and some become so rattled by the presence of dogs that they revert to the shape of a fox and flee.

Other supernatural abilities commonly attributed to the kitsune include possession, mouths or tails that generate fire or lightning (known as kitsune-bi; literally, fox-fire), willful manifestation in the dreams of others, flight, invisibility, and the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality. Some tales speak of kitsune with even greater powers, able to bend time and space, drive people mad, or take fantastic shapes such as a tree of incredible height or a second moon in the sky. Other kitsune have characteristics reminiscent of vampires or succubi and feed on the life or spirit of human beings, generally through sexual contact.

Appearance: in her fox form, she is a white slim fox with 9 tails that stands at about 3 ft tall at the tip of her ears. In her human form is a pale young looking girl with blue eyes and white hair (As seen in spoiler). She stands at a little under 5'1" and is able to hide her tail and ears but they will show whenever she is in pain or scared.

History: Originally born in Japan, Nonni moved away from home to Abiete Village because she heard that it was safe there, at least a lot safer than being constantly hunted by bounty hunters looking for the small fox with multiple tails.

Nonni moved to the town about 48 years ago and she has been there since, even if her mother and father disagree with her moving.

Personality: Has a generally kind and caring personality. Nonni enjoys helping others but can be a bit blunt with people around her. She is very outspoken and isn't afraid to say how she feels about others. Nonni is very intelligent and knowledgeable and will use the knowledge she has to her advantage in any and all situations if necessary.

Relationships:
Mother: Riztu Deceased
Father: Tomoko Deceased

Ruko: Friend
Willock: Acquaintance, Not sure how to feel
Lucas: Terribly scared of

Anyone else who wants to be added let me know
Phobias: Dogs & wolves

Position: Doctor

Quirks: She holds her star ball in a necklace around her neck. She never lets it leave her possession.

Name: Ruko Tridare

Nickname: Ruki

Race: Al-mi’raj

Race Lore: Al-mi'raj or Almiraj is a mythical beast from Arabic poetry said to live on a mysterious island called Jezîrat al-Tennyn within the confines of the Indian Ocean. Its name can be broken up several different ways, though is generally seen truncated as Mi'raj, Mir'aj or just Mira

Despite its docile appearance, Al-Mir'aj is actually a ferociously territorial predator known to be able to kill animals and people many times their own size with a few stabs of its horn. It also has an immense appetite and can devour other living things several times its size without effort. Al-Mir'aj frightens other animals and they will always flee from its presence due to this.

The people of the island were so terrified of Al-Mi'raj eating them and their livestock that they would turn to witches to ward them away as soon as the rumor of a Miraj met their ears. It was reported that only a true witch would charm the Miraj, rendering it harmless so the people could remove the Miraj from the area

Appearance: Resembles a large rabbit with long, soft, brown fur. A single black horn, one to two feet long and spiraled like that of a unicorn, protrudes from the forehead.

History: Ruki Has lived in the town her whole life, just born barely three years ago with her brothers and sisters. She has never left the town, and she hasn't been alive for the longest amount of time to know anything else, though she has had the occasional thoughts of what could be outside the town.

Personality: Ruki is started easily, which makes her very jumpy and always on edge and ready to attack. Because of this, it is recommended to everyone not to spook her or sneak up on her in any way. Even though she is easy to startle, when speaking to others she is very kind and honest with others. She is proud of who she is, even if some make fun of her because of her small size.

Relationships: Has many siblings (Because she's a bunny)
9 brothers: Sammy, Luke, Ringo, Matthew, George, Ryu, Toby, Kyle, and Liam
4 sisters: Luka, Luna, Sarah, and May
Mother: Trinity
Father: Johnathan

Nonni: Friend
Willock: Only met him once, doesn't like him.
Lucas: Acquaintance, keeps her distance but doesn't mind him

Phobias: Large birds, Heights

Position: Express mail delivery

Quirks: Ruki is very fast on her feet. Unlike most rabbits, Al-mi’raj are not herbivores, but are omnivores and will eat both animal and human flesh if necessary.

Name: Willock Traft Smith

Nickname: Will, William

Race: Wendigo

Race Lore:
According to the legends, a Wendigo is created whenever a human resorts to cannibalism to survive. In the past, this occurred more often when Indians and settlers found themselves stranded in the bitter snows and ice of the north woods. Sometimes stranded for days, any survivors might have felt compelled to cannibalize the dead in order to survive. Other versions of the legend cite that humans who displayed extreme greed, gluttony, and excess might also be possessed by a Wendigo, thus the myth served as a method of encouraging cooperation and moderation.

Native American versions of the creature spoke of a gigantic spirit, over fifteen feet tall, that had once been human but had been transformed into a creature by the use of magic. Though all of the descriptions of the creature vary slightly, the Wendigo is generally said to have glowing eyes, long yellowed fangs, terrible claws and overly long tongues. Sometimes they are described as having sallow, yellowish skin and other times, depicted to be covered with matted hair. The creature is said to have a number of skills and powers including stealth, is a near-perfect hunter, knows and uses every inch of its territory, and can control the weather through the use of dark magic. They are also portrayed as simultaneously gluttonous and emaciated from starvation.

Wendigos are said to be cursed to wander the land, eternally seeking to fulfill their voracious appetite for human flesh and if there is nothing left to eat, it starves to death.

A Wendigo allegedly made a number of appearances near a town called Rosesu in Northern Minnesota from the late 1800’s through the 1920’s. Each time that it was reported, an unexpected death followed and finally, it was seen no more.

"It was a large creature, as tall as a tree, with a lipless mouth and jagged teeth. Its breath was a strange hiss, its footprints full of blood, and it ate any man, woman or child who ventured into its territory. And those were the lucky ones. Sometimes, the Wendigo chose to possess a person instead, and then the luckless individual became a Wendigo himself, hunting down those he had once loved and feasting upon their flesh." -Ojibwa

Appearance: "The Wendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody. Its body was unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, giving off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption." -Basil Johnston, Ojibwe teacher and scholar, Ontario, Canada

History: Many years ago, when Willock was only 26 years old, Willock had both a wife and young child. His wife and he had been together for only five years and their child, Lily had just turned three on the night that it all happened.

Willock had come home from a hunting trip, not knowing that he had been followed and targetted by a local Wendigo. It had taken hold of Willocks mind and turned him into a Wendigo himself, which in turn caused his to kill and devour both his wife and child.

After Willock came back to his senses he was emotionally distraught after seeing what he had become and what he had done. He took off running into the forest and never heading back to the home or to the town. Ever since then, Willock has tried to keep himself away from everyone, only going after lone hunters and people in the forest because of the intense nonstop hunger.

Extra History: Willock will not bring it up, but some may remember - when he was 150 years old he has kidnapped a small child that had reminded him of his daughter. He did not harm the child physically, instead, he had kept her close, having her adventure with him for about four or five years until she had died from sickness.

This wasn't the only time as he had done this when he was around 180, but hunters had followed him until he gave up the kidnapping and let the child go.

When he was 214 he tried once again, this time the child traveled with him for around nine years until she made the choice to go back to living with her own kind.

Willock hasn't kidnapped another since then, but any who know of his past kidnappings have no doubt that he would try again if given the chance.

Personality: Cold, Harsh, prefers to be alone, rather than with others around him. He tends to stay away from crowds and will often watch from the sidelines instead. Though he prefers to be alone, he doesn't mind sitting down for a chat here and there to pass the time.
Most people suggest that his cold personality could be from him having a harsh past, others just believe that his in antisocial.

Relationships:
Wife: Nichole, Deceased
Daughter: Lily, Deceased

Nonni: Acquaintance
Ruko: Acquaintance
Lucas: Acquaintance

Leanna: The girl that Willock Kidnapped when he was 214. She was 2 years old when she was taken and she made the decision to go back to the humans when she was 11. Willock hasn't seen her since.

Phobias: needles, death (him dying, not others dying)

Position: Doesn't live in the town, instead he is commonly seen traveling around the town, only occasionally passing through. Many believe that he is possibly attacking humans who have strayed too far from their homes, making them easy meals.

Quirks: Willock often gets lost in memories of his past and he will often be seen mourning or staying out in space. Willock has trouble controlling his hunger around humanoid figures. Willock with absolutely lose it (Break down/cry) if he sees a small female child- this is because he terribly mourns the death of his daughter- some say this is because he wanted to see her grow up.

Name: Lucas William Wither

Nickname: Luke, Luci

Race: Cŵn Annwn

Race Lore:
In Welsh mythology and folklore, Cŵn Annwn (Welsh pronunciation: [kuːn ˈanʊn], "hounds of Annwn") were the spectral hounds of Annwn, the otherworld of Welsh myth. They were associated with a form of the Wild Hunt, presided over by either Arawn, king of Annwn in the First Branch of the Mabinogi and alluded to in the Fourth, or by Gwyn ap Nudd as the underworld king and king of the fair(y) folk is named in later medieval lore.

In Wales, they were associated with migrating geese, supposedly because their honking in the night is reminiscent of barking dogs.

Hunting grounds for the Cŵn Annwn are said to include the mountain of Cadair Idris, where it is believed "the howling of these huge dogs foretold death to anyone who heard them".

According to Welsh folklore, their growling is loudest when they are at a distance, and as they draw nearer, it grows softer and softer. Their coming is generally seen as a death portent.

The Cŵn Annwn is associated with death, as it has red ears. The Celts associated the color red with death. White is associated with the supernatural, and white animals are commonly owned by gods or other inhabitants of the Otherworld. Therefore, the Cŵn Annwn is associated with death and the supernatural.

Appearance: White wolf-like dog with bright red ears and pupil-less eyes.

History: Lucas was born in the village with his two sisters. He quickly grew up, into a stong a playful canine, which made his father and mother proud, even if lived in an overcrowded village that made it difficult for their family to roam easily.

Even with the village becoming more and more overpopulated over the few years he was there, Lucas never seemed to care much. He has always wondered what others were scared of when he spoke about leaving the village to live in the forest and adventure. The words shocked most of his family when he asked them about it, though he father knew Lucas to always be the adventurous type.

Lucas has at least once or twice left the safety of the village to adventure out on his own.

Personality: Hyper and energetic, though can become cold and serious. He enjoys interacting with others, but it very protective of those he holds close to him. He doesn't like to see others hurt and will always try to protect the innocent. Even with his energetic energy and kind composure, he can be seen as aggressive and hot-headed at times.

Relationships: His other pack members
Mother: Eliza
Father: Kodi
2 sisters: Kristy and Rune

Nonni: Acquaintance, She always runs away before he can say anything
Ruko: Acquaintance, would like to know her more, but she seems on edge
Willock: Acquaintance, he has seen him wondering the forest before and often tries to keep a distance from him.

Phobias: Cages, being trapped, claustrophobic

Position: Guard

Quirks: Lucas at times will act like a puppy and can easily be entertained by throwing a stick or ball for him to fetch. He enjoys long belly rubs and scratches behind the ear. His favorite food is chicken and he will do just about anything for the tasty bird.

0cb38477a4a0e502ce588d817fc124e0380a23d1_hq.jpga3d66fc582f7f6210aa7abe9bc11ac2d.jpg
tumblr_oxibqljrMr1vw5i2lo1_1280.jpg
1524085120838-png.428695
inktober_2017___cwn_annwn_by_sleyf-dbq0zie.jpg

Code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
OH! The horror!

Name: Lazarus

Race: Horror

Race Lore: A being not human but something else. Horrors are so diverse and complicated that each may have their own qualities. Most appearing like amalgamations of different lifeforms. Lazarus specifically has a few traits for his specific type of horror. His taloned feet and extra arms allow for good climbing abilities. His legs are rather springy and allow him to jump almost 10 feet in the air. When running he goes down on all fours(eights?) like an animal but when casually walking he stands on his hind legs, his fastest running speed can reach up to 30mph just slightly above the human maximum. His eyes can see moderately well in the dark but are unrivaled by cats or other nocturnal animals. Speak of eyes, the extra three on his forehead usually remain closed except for times of very high emotion such as being startled, angered or stressed. During very calm periods the second set may open slightly in a half lidded relaxed fashion but the middle eye usually remains shut. All eyes, when open, must look in the same direction, if Lazarus were to try and separate them like a chameleon to look around it would cause a lot of pain and disorientation. His mouth also usually remains closed and is used in a more human way when talking, but parts down his lips and retracts open when feeding or in times of defense. The black markings up his arms and legs can move and travel across the rest of his body, covering him in a deep dark grey, making it easier for him to hide in darkness. Horrors in general live for long periods of time making Lazarus still extremely young for his age.

Appearance:
monster.png
It was a quick drawing so sorry if its not very good, his arm poses are pretty awkward cause drawing regular arms is hard enough let alone 6 lol.
monstermouthexamples.png
This was also a quick drawing cause i thought I should include examples of what im talking about since i might not have put it in the best words.
I also have a quick sketch of how his arms kinda work. In case anyone was wondering about that but I doubt it.
A six armed, raptor legged humanoid with many eyes and a mouth that retracts open to expose sharp teeth. He has pale grayish skin and red eyes, the pupils resembling that of a goat. Black hair hangs right above his shoulders. His fingers are capped with long black claws. He's wearing a pair of human cargo shorts because even though he is a genderless monstrosity being see without pants is considered weird.

History: 'Born' in 1929, Lazarus had a very large family. Oddly enough his 'parents' had been a group of 5 humans who had interest in the occult. And one stormy evening, summoned something not natural into existence. Not knowing what to do and very scare of what they'd done but still feeling some responsibility they took care of him, like any moron dabbling in the dark arts for fun does with their new monstrosity child. Naming it Lazarus they kept this 'child' a secret. He was hidden in the cellar of an abandoned house, which was later bought by one of the 5 and rebuilt into a livable home. They did their best to teach him, he learned to speak and read and write like a human and was told the reasons why he could not go out into the human world. He was very fond of humans and the warnings did not stop his curiosity. He would sometimes sneak out of his hiding place and wonder around town after dark but was later chastised by his 'parents'. It later became apparent that Lazarus would greatly outlive his family. They were old and graying and could no longer take care of him and so one evening he was sent off into the forest. He lingered around the home he grew up in, only to cause problems. A grandchild of the one who owned the house would go playing in the woods against their grandparents words and met something not normal. The young child seen this as a friend. Eventually the child too got older and was no longer around, his parents had passed and so he left the woods surrounding his once home and has now been in Abiete Village since 2002.

Relationships:
Joseph Young, Father, Deceased.
Noah Brown, Father, Deceased.
Rosie Page, Mother, Deceased.
Isaac Page, Father, Deceased.
Harriet Moore, Mother, Deceased.
Marley Page, Friend?, Alive.

Personality: Lazarus tries to be a rather relaxed and laid back person, key word tries, he's extremely jumpy to the point of even mundane things startling him Although he is very curious and likes to take risks now and then. He is rather social, and enjoys talking to others even if he might not always have the right words. He can come off as very sarcastic and rude sometimes although that might not be his intention.

Phobias: Drowning, despite his figure Lazarus is not a very good swimmer and is somewhat unsettled every time he's around large bodies of water.

Position: general errand runner, if there is something someone needs, he is the person to find it. Need help with something, he will do it.

Quirks: Becomes easily obsessed with things. Although he is technically genderless, Lazarus still referes to himself as male. He will not wear a shirt because for one, they don't generally come with 6 arms holes and two, he finds them very uncomfortable.

OH! The humanity!

Name: Marley Page

Nationality: American

Appearance: Marley stands at about 5'7", has a rather medium build. Darker skin and wild, wispy black hair usually in two buns on top of her head. Round brown eyes. She wears mostly denim jackets, flight jackets, second hand t-shirts and jeans or overalls and never goes without her favorite pair of Doc Martens.

History: Marley doesn't have a very good recollection of her childhood. She moved around a lot as a child due to her parents passing in a car crash. First she was moved to her grandparents home. Her memories of her grand parents are very fuzzy but she does recalling wondering around the woods outside their backyard by herself around the age of 8. She had what she believes to be an imaginary friend she'd go running around the trees with. Before her 11th birthday though she moved into her aunts after her grandparents grew too old to take care of her. The rest of her life through school was normal. At 18 she went off to college and eventually graduated. Everything was fine till recently an argument with someone close to her, she moved out of her apartment and went back to the small town where she grew up. Oddly enough her grandparents old house was still for sale. Her aunt and uncle still live around the area and she goes to visit them on occasion.

Relationships:
Rosie Page, Grandmother, Deceased.
Isaac Page, Grandfather, Deceased.
Helena Page, Mother, Deceased.
Harvey Page, Father, Deceased.
Stanley Barrett, Uncle, Alive
Mattie Barrett, Aunt, Alive

Personality: Very reckless, doesn't think very long before doing or saying something. This doesn't mean she isnt polite, she tries to be very nice and considerate, even when in the middle of breaking into a old building or hiking through someone elses woods or property.

Phobias: Abandonment, she is terrified of being left alone.

Beliefs: Marley loves cryptozoology. She finds strange creatures and monsters facsinating and often goes 'monster hunting' in her spare time.

Quirks: She owns a small dog, a mix breed, named Phillip. Peels her fingers nails and bites her lips when nervous.

Last edited:
WIP
Name: Yǐn

Race: Sphinx

Race Lore: The sphinx has appeared in many cultures, in various literatures, and in art most notably in Oedipus Rex and the Sphinx of Giza. It is assumed that the sphinx is omniscient, therefor all knowing. The sphinx is a creature described many ways. Some say it had the lower body of a lion and head of a beautiful woman, while others say it has the lower body of a large cat and upper torso of a woman similar to a Centaur. Many claimed the beast had wings and great bronze claws, but it was hard to tell the truth among so many clashing tales.

The sphinx would often terrorize entire civilizations by killing off their people with words. The words were a riddle, answer correctly and the sphinx would die, answer incorrectly and the sphinx would devour you. Some thought the gods used the creatures to guard their treasures and would actively seek out their lairs, only to be bested by their power. Eventually it was thought that the sphinx died out and disappeared forever.

Small sphinx facts-
-Females are far larger than the males.
-Only females consume humans
-Males are almost never seen
-Males raise the young
-Males do not possess wings

Appearance:
sphinx_centaur___collab_by_camelid-d5gpzhk.png
From her paws to her head, Yǐn measures a little over six feet tall. She's around five and a half feet in length when you count the tail. Most of her skin is patterned with fur, even her wings are rather fuzzy.

History: Yǐn was born in 1968 at a remote village in south America. At the age of seven her father sent her north as hunters grew closer, he stayed to try and fend off the human menaces before fleeing with his daughter to the United States. Once they arrived in the village, Yin was enrolled in school. She was never top of the class due to a lack of interest, but she did ensure that doors were enlarged to allow all sorts of creatures to fit inside the walls.

Being a sphinx she aged quite slower than some of her classmates and often looked like a child compared to several others. However she certainly was not capable, shown mostly in her success in capturing a hunter preparing to attack the village. As such she dedicated herself to

Personality: (Self explanatory)

Phobias: (Their greatest fears)

Position: (What kind of job do they have, where are they: Ex-Student, doctor, council person etc.)

Quirks: (What else do we need to know?)

Last edited:
Name: Jan Tracker

Race: Mngwa/Nunda

Race Lore: A Mngwa is a large catlike creature that is somewhere between a lion, and a leopard. They are a southeastern african legend. Mngwa are known as ferocious hunters and are said to especially enjoy human flesh. They are known to be able to move with complete silence. They are known to only come out at night, and no hunter has ever succeeded in bringing one down. They are said to be twice as strong as a lion, and twice as quick as a leopard.

Appearance: Jan.jpg

Mngwa: Jan is a large gray striped wildcat. A typical Mngwa besides of her strange coat colors. (Most Mngwa are brindle)

Human disguise: a slim blonde with the same yellow eyes.

History: Jan was born in Tanzania in the 1980s to a pair of older Mngwa. The great cats prefer to keep to themselves in the African bush. Feeding off of foolish men that wander into their territories. Eventually the time came when she became old enough to where her parents forced her to leave and live the solitary life Mngwa were made for. She left out into the surrounding territory. Finding none. Only more, and more human settlements. She dared not hunt them for there were far too many for her to handle alone. Eventually she started to use a human disguise she acquired through magic. She eventually got fed up with it. She began to seek ways to bring more power to the mythical side of things. She knew she couldn't do it alone. So she took a few stops away where she created a team. She went to Greece, Ohio, and Norway. Meeting a Draugr, Minotaur, and Werewolf. Today they make up the. Mythical, Freedom, Force, of. Mercenaries. With Jan as leader they eventually found a sanctuary. Where they plan their next move.

Personality: Jan is cool under pressure, and above all things calculating, and clever. Although she is easily annoyed and doesn't take lip from anyone. These qualities have proven very useful in leading her team. And although she has a solitary nature that keeps her away from any sort of large scale mess. She is slowly becoming more of an extrovert with people she is familiar with. Although the antics of her squad often push her nerves in all of the wrong directions.

Phobias: The Grootslang. Earthquakes, and leading her team to their deaths.

Position: Leader of MFFM

Quirks: She is transfixed by music. Not used to such things. Has a mild addiction to Snickers bars.

Name: Midas

Race: Minotaur

Race Lore: A minotaur is a creature from ancient greek myth that was part man part bull. The first minotaur came from the ancient greek kingdom on the island of Crete. The king Minos was given a white bull by the god poseidon. He was told to sacrifice said bull, but he refused giving poseidon one of his own. As punishment the god cursed Minos' wife to lets say love the bull. They did things and the first minotaur was born. The minotaur was the sire of the others. Until it was killed by the Greek hero Theseus.

Appearance: Midas.jpg

Description: Midas is a large brown minotaur. He has the general body shape of a bipedal bull. His weapon of choice is a large double edged axe.

History: Midas was born in Greece. His mother raised him alone until he was in his teens. He did something that many young minotaurs did. He braved the labyrinth. Looking for adventure and fame. Unfortunately he shared the same fate as many minotaur. He ended up getting lost in the endless tunnels. He spent most of the young years of his life like this. Simply wandering and searching for a way out. Until a certain Mngwa who recruited him to join the MFFM. After a bit more recruiting adventures. He stays with the team. Acting as their muscle in a pinch.

Personality: Midas can be described as a giant muscle headed goof. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he tries his best, and is usually pretty friendly. Even acting as the groups voice of reason. Although he does love fighting. Bare fisted brawls especially. And he is not one who will back down. Some could call Midas the rock of the MFFM because no matter how crazy or magical things get Midas always sees them for what he thinks they are. Sure his predictions normally prove false. He tries his best either way, and sometimes it's more fun to sit down grab some popcorn and see what he thinks next.

Phobias: Hamburgers. Theseus. The labyrinth

Position: a member of the MFFM

Quirks: He has the accent of a Jersey tough guy. Hates being called longhorn.

Name: Logan Fox

Race: A human turned werewolf

Race Lore: There are different versions of lycanthropic races from all over the world. Some turn completely into animals, while some only go half way. Some have control of themselves others do not. Logan was infected by the Ohio variety. They look more like a bipedal wolf, and are not very tolerable of humans. The biggest weakness of a werewolf would their terrible reaction to silver

Appearance: Lycan.jpg

Description: Logan is forever trapped in his lycanthropic form. Appearing as a humanoid wolf. (Despite the picture he wears a pair of tattered jeans, and an bulletproof vest)

History: Logan was normal human in his early years. Other than the fact of his extreme proficiency in schoolwork. He became a law enforcer and on his first year of service ran into one of the Ohio werewolves. It bit Logan and infected him with its lycanthropy. He went into seclusion living in the woods. He mostly traveled with only himself and a shotgun for protection. He was usually struggling with loneliness when he met up with Jan, and Midas. He became the third member of the MFFM. Taking the role of the brainiest of the bunch. Following them to Norway, and then to their current locations.

Personality: Logan can often be snippy, witty, and sarcastic. Often bordering pessimism. Often leading him and Jan to but heads. Although snarky he sticks with the MFFM no matter how "crazy" a venture he believes they're taking next. Although if you ever comment on this he'll completely deny it and say some dumb excuse like he's got nowhere to go or the pay's good. The squad knows he sees them as his friends, and the little band of misfits wouldn't be the same without their snappy wolf.

Phobias: Dogs(Ironically enough). Failure. Spiders.

Position: Member of the MFFM

Quirks: Has a rivalry with Midas. Likes to debate even though he's terrible at it.

Name: Ghoul

Race: Norse Draugr

Race Lore: Draugrs are the Norse equivalent of a zombie. They are undead warriors that did not make it into Valhalla, or Helheim. Often they are those who died with stolen property. Leading them to live forever. They are normally used to guard treasures.

Appearance: Ghoul.jpg

Description: Ghoul is an undead skeletal warrior wearing viking armor. For unknown reasons he seems to have retained a beard.

History: Ghoul does not remember himself in life. The only thing he really remembered was that he was under an oath to protect his old master's tomb. He stayed underground for eons. Waiting for some fool to try and plunder the grave. days felt like moments to the draugr. Until one day the tomb was finally entered by a strange group of three. They convinced the draugr to break his oath. With the use of magic of course. The draugr carried a nordic rune that broke the seal. He became the fourth and final member of the MFFM. He goes with the team, and helps them. Even though quite frankly he is hardly ever aware of what is really going on.

Personality: Ghoul is helpful, and protective by nature. He loves to play jokes on pretty much everything, and is far more flirtatious than a zombie has any right to be. Ghoul could be called the MFFM's comic relief. The draggy is always getting into things, and going to places he isn't supposed to be in. Leave it to a living corpse to not live up to expectations. Despite it all Ghoul is always willing to lend a hand sometimes literally. As long as there are no toasters involved. Darn toasters.

Phobias: Toasters, The gods, and going back to his oath.

Position: Member of the MFFM.

Quirks: Ghoul cannot speak. He mostly communicates in grunts, and moans. With a lot of gestures in between.

Last edited:
Name:
“So you want to know what sound to call me by?”
Odric the frozen

Race:
“I’m not one of those tricksters, so stop asking”
frost troll

Race Lore:
“We frost trolls prepare for the worst, you never know which winter will be your last”
Frost trolls are primitive creatures that came from the wilderness of Midgard, These frost trolls live off the woods scavenging for food, resources to build weapons, clothing, etc, and even fending of the odd human that comes wandering into their woods, as they prepare for the harsh winters to come. Trolls are mostly known to think with there muscles before their brains taking pride in their gifted strength. Their features are rugged, like stone worn down by the weather, and their hair is wild. Some of them are so large and unkempt that plants can even take root in their skin. The ugliest of trolls can have single eyes, like a cyclops, or multiple heads.

Appearance:
“Ugly is a term made by humans, i prefer being called rugged”
20180529_212100.jpg
(quick sketch of him)
History:
“So you actually want to learn something about me”
Odric was born in a tribe during a migration thru Midgard. Thru most of his travels he learnt how to hunt, craft necessities from the forests around him, and how to fight. it wasn't till his tribe settled down that everything went down hill from there. An group of humans attacked the tribe, taken by surprise the trolls fell one by one. Odric still but a child ran from the scene, he ran as fast as he could never to look back. Years past as Ordic settled down in a small cave out side of town. He ended up bonded with the town, trading goods such as pelts, meat, fish, and even hand crafted trinket made from wood, or mud, in exchange he wish to live a simple life within his little cave. Although in winter time he can be seen sleeping next to the nearest heat source he could find in town. despite his looks and unkempt appearance he his quite smart, although he's normally taken for granted.

Personality:
“Hmrp you got me on a good day”
Odric tends to be grumpy troll, not really giving a care on what others say or how they act towards him. how ever he's usually calm, thinking before he makes his moves. he tries to break the stereotypical mold that all troll hate everything by being as kind as grumpy person can be. But when it comes to humans he hates them with a burning passion, ever since the attack his anger grew and grew in till the word "humans" would be enough to anger him.

Phobias:
“I not afraid of anything, well mostly anything”
Ordic is afraid of humans, he's afraid of their trickery and will lash out at them with out remorse.

Position:
“I hunter, i cook, and i clean, monthly “
Odric is an excellent hunter and tracker, he is also great at making trade offers.

Last edited:
Name: Rebecca Van Zant

Race: Undead (Lich)

Race Lore: First off, a lich is NOT a zombie, and to call one such is, to pardon the pun, a grave insult. Zombies are nonsentient walking corpses- essentially, a necromancer's puppet. Liches are beings that have trapped their own souls, binding them to an object so that when they die, they do not move on to the afterlife. If the object, properly known as a phylactery, is destroyed, then they go... well, wherever souls go after death. They do not need to eat, sleep, or perform other biological functions, and if they suffer any injury, even decapitation, they can simply reattach the lost flesh with a bit of thread. The only way to harm a lich is to damage or destroy the phylactery, and that would take impressive magical force.

Appearance:

1527709921131.png

There is a massive wound under her left breast, right where the heart would be. It is stitched up but unhealed, and close examination will reveal it to be what killed her.

Bio: Rebecca comes from a family of witches, so magic is as normal to her as the wind and the rain. She earned good grades in school, and proved to be a talented necromancer. But then, she was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. Normal medicine failed her, as did magical remedies. In desperation, she turned to black magic to solve her issues.

Binding her soul to a crystal was easy in theory, but she wasn't sure she would be able to properly control her body from the outside. She'd have to place the crystal within her corpse, but she needed to clear some room first. So she did what any girl would do in her situation... take a knife and rip her own heart out.

Her family was outraged. Magic like this was beyond all bounds of decency, and they cut ties completely. Rebecca struck out on her own, and is now living on her own in town.

Personality: For a dead girl, Rebecca's pretty lively. She's fun-loving and flamboyant, and does everything big. Despite the fact that she doesn't need to exercise anymore, she really enjoys running. She has a tendency to enjoy wordplay- she's probably used every "dead" pun in the book, and even added a few new ones herself. She wishes her parents would come around and understand why she did what she did, but realizes they're lost causes. She likes seeing the wonder on everyone's faces when they see a new spell for the first time- it's why she started teaching magic.

Phobias: Her phylactery being damaged or destroyed.

Position: Teaches magic at the town school

Quirks: Those attuned to magic will note a pulse of dark magic coming from her chest once a second, almost like a heartbeat- that's exactly what it's standing in for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back