• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soaring IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Tinytiger28

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: None

Will grinned broadly as he headed down the shoreline, a brown messenger bag over his shoulder. The bag contained everything they told him to bring. Probably. Will would be the first to point out that he wasn't the best at packing. But he didn't think he was forgetting anything. Clothes, an ID, some paperwork, five bucks (emergency money), and whatever was laying loosely at the bottom of his bag (a graveyard of pencils that were too short to use, bits of paper, shiny rocks, bottlecaps, marbles, pens that didn't write, buttons, and a number of other various knicknacks he had picked up over the years). Though, he had brought one other thing, but that was tucked safely in his jeans pocket.
A flamingo pink t-shirt hung over his shoulders. Slits were cut in the back, allowing his wings to rest tucked on the outside of his shirt. And, of course, he wore the ever present metal shock collar around his neck. It was a bit heavy, but he didn't have time to think about that. He was here! Finally here!

The sand was a clean white, and it squished softly under his shoes every time he took a step. The water was a calm blue, and the white-tipped waves gave a rythmic boom every minute or so. A seaside cliff curved around the beachside, creating a cove-like area that was surprisingly large.
Gulls cawed overhead. Will had absolutely no idea what they were saying, but whatever it was, it sounded interesting. He chirped at one, but didn't hear anything back. Maybe that only worked on birds that whistled a lot.
The academy itself was grandiose. It sat farther inland, on a large grassy patch that overlooked the sea. A glass dome covered the middle of it, sparkling brightly in the sunlight. The light gray brick branched off on either side, leading to two rectangular structures. Windows pockmarked the brick walls, and the stone steps leading up the main entrance almost seemed too tall to climb. A fine coating of sand had already been blown onto them, but otherwise, they were completely clean.
Of course, the campus wasn't perfect. There was a surprisingly large amount of plastic bags, bottles, and cans dotting the shoreline, and the fish smell certainly wasn't something Will wanted to have in his nose, but he could get over it. The salty spray of the ocean did enough to mostly erase the scent, besides, it was a beach. What more could he expect?
Though, maybe he should do a bit of trash pick up later...

A shape in the water nearby caught his eye. A white blob that was fan-shaped, with a rounded edge. Will glanced at it curiously. Without pausing to debate wether it was worth getting his shoes wet over, he waded a few feet into the water and scooped it out, examining it curiously.
It was a small shell, about the size of his palm. Ripples followed the fan shape, creating small curves along the surface, but the underside was smooth, with a reflective, pearlescent color.
Will beamed even wider. He never had a chance to collect seashells before.

He waded back to completely dry land, silently realising that he probably should've removed his shoes before he went in. The worn gray sneakers were soaked, but at least his jeans were safe. Wearing pants that were a few inches too short to reach your ankles could come in handy sometimes.

Vasile Shepern
Human - Principal - Location: Principal's Office - Tags: None

Vasile smirked. It was working perfectly. It took a lot of hard work, but finally, finally, his project was okayed, he even got a collaring license and everything, just so it would be legal. He snorted. As if any of this was legal. Ludicrous idea really. The brats didn't have many rights protecting them, but the ones they did were a hassle to deal with. No matter. Bypassing laws was a talent of his.
Honestly, at this point it was almost like the universe was bending to his will. The minute he had put any word out about this stupid "academy", those flappy idiots jumped at the chance to join. Promising that they'd be allowed to fly? Perfect bait.

He glanced out the window of his office. The subjects should be arriving soon. He hated to have to stoop down to their level in order to give the silly "introduction speech", but some acting was always necassary in life, Vasile supposed. At least Anton should be prepared by now. Prepping for that many variables would be a drain on resources. In fact, this entire school was. But, eventually, it would all be worth it. With just a little rearranging, it would quite easily become his base of operations. He just had to get the brats ready first.

Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Beach | Tags: T Tinytiger28

Artemis groaned into her hand, the winged stretching herself out. Her wings reached out with her arms, a few bones cracking as she did. A small grin played her lips at her completely exposed back, deciding today she would wear her backless tank top. It was all the more freeing for her wings, in the hopes to fly soon. She needed off of her feet anyways, even to just to hover around for a while would be worth wonders to the winged. She reached her hand to her collar, adjusting it in slight annoyance. She had a hatred for the shock collar, it frequently heated up and had almost burned her a short time ago. Of course, she was definitely glad to come and join this academy of sorts, she just wondered of what all would happen. She quickly shook her head and pushed forward, tucking her patterned wings safely away at her back.

“Well.. isn’t that a sight..” She said under her breathe, her different colored eyes widened at the sea before her very eyes. She had only visited the crystal blue waters at a younger age, in her more reckless times of her child hood. She shifted her weight to one foot, letting herself happily take in the new scent of the ocean, a wonderful saltiness hitting her nose “Fish~” She mumbled happily, almost licking her lips at the thought. She shook her head and laughed to herself, grabbing her bags strap with one hand. She knew for sure she had all her clothing, a brush for her nest of a head of hair, her one and only ID, what bullshit of paper work she filled out, and a few other odds and ends she had. Once she made sure she had everything in mind, she started to take a running start. She jumped up, allowing her wings to fan out as she flapped them a few times just to get a little air. She laughed excitedly as she searched around for the front entrance, squinting her eyes in the slightest. The building was obvious itself, the grey painted bricks and shiny glass dome gave an almost monestary feel to it. Her eyes scanned around the beach, just to see if anyone had stepped out yet. She was easily drawn to a stark difference in the sand. Another winged? Her eyes lingered on his bright wings, a creamy white against the pale sand below. Yet there were also darker feathers around their wings. “That’s pretty..” She mumbled, screaming as she nearly crashed straight into the wall before her, quickly turning to briefly scrape her forearm against it. She gave a heavy sigh of relief as she glanced down to her arm. A simple scratch, no biggie really. She shook out her hands as she dove down to the sand, landing a few safe feet away. So, instead of crashing into him, she at least landed on the warmed sand on her feet. Sort of.. As she came to a safe landed, apparently she had forgotten how to properly stand, her bare feet slipping in the sand and causing her to land belly first. She laid her cheek into the sand for a moment, huffing quietly as she contemplated how she would greet him. From the ground? Or awkwardly dust herself off?

She quickly pushed herself up, laughing quietly “I guess I found the entrance after all..” She mused, reaching down to quickly dust off the gathered sand at her front. She shook out the little bit of sand that ended up in her wings, tucking them back again “I swear I know how to land, I’m just very inexperienced with sand..” She chuckled quietly, slowly walking over to him “Artemis Tresouki.. I’m assuming your one of us who’s joining up her, hm?” She glanced to his collar, tapping her own briefly before she relaxed her arms to her side. So much for first impressions. So far she was a lunatic osprey who couldn’t land properly in the sand.

Last edited:
Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Will jumped, the feathers on the back of his neck poofing up with alarm as as a girl practically dropped out of the sky in front of him, and then promptly slipped and fell on the sand. His feathers relaxed as he realized it was another winged. Well, that was one way to meet people, he supposed.

"I swear, I know how to land, I'm just very inexperienced with sand..." She said. Huh, so she flew sometimes. He had only flown once or twice when he was a kid, usually keeping pretty low to the ground, and even then that sometimes set the collar off, but maybe that was just his town, after all he had heard of flight spaces in some cities and stuff before...
"Artemis Tresouki.. I’m assuming your one of us who’s joining up here, hm?”

"Oh, yeah!" Will beamed, happy to meet another winged so soon. "This is so epic, don't cha' think? I mean-" He gestured to the hulking building behind them in awe, "And it's not just the school, we get an entire beach, which is pretty cool, also I found a seashell-" Will held the tan shell a bit higher so it could be seen easier, "Which is nice cause I've never really seen a seashell before, didn't know they were so light, and-" He paused, suddenly realizing he hadn't even told Artemis his own name, "Oh, you can call me Will, by the way." He silently reminded himself to take a breath for a second, wanting to give Artemis a chance to speak, and make an attempt to actually stop and focus on one topic for more than a few seconds. This resolve didn't last long, as it finally ocurred to him that he was talking to another winged that didn't have wings just like his own. "Do you have falcon wings? Or are they something else?" He paused, taking a moment to look her wings over, "What about hawk? Eagle? Actually, scratch that last one, probably not eagle, huh?" Will mused, "But, I don't know much about birds, well, except for pidgeons, but otherwise, I'm just gonna assume I'm wrong. So... uh, what are they anyways?"

Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Beach | Tags: T Tinytiger28

Artemis couldn’t help but grin at how open he seemed. She enjoyed the refreshing personality, most of the winged from her home were quite alienated and not one for conversation. This was a fresh page for her to turn to and scribble on. “Epic isn’t my exact wording, but sure, let’s use your description.. It is quite interesting though.. I’m excited for more flying, and practicing my landing in the sand” She chuckled, digging her feet into the warm sand. It felt wonderful on her calloused and sore feet. Her eyes were drawn to the sea shell, raising a slight brow. He was moving so fast between topics her head was practically swimming. She would have to get used to that she supposed “Seashell.. oh that’s pretty.. Will? That’s not a seashell, wait..” She paused, the gears grinding a moment as she snapped out of her little daze “That would be your name.. goodness gracious..” She laughed quietly, shaking her head “You have to excuse me...” She smoothed out her brown locks and attempted to meet his eyes

She frowned ever so slightly at the hawk comment. It never bothered her that much, she just found it frustration to constnatly correct certain winged, humans especially, ugh. She did however share close relations to hawks. She believed she had some cousins of sorts with hawk wings.. maybe.. She wasn’t too sure, she never really met them “Eagle? No, goodness no, wings are too small for that.. Although I do look like hawk.. B-But their osprey wings.. A little on the.. more so boring side of wings if you ask me...” She shrugged, her wings spreading out for his hearts content on examination, giving a little nervous smile. “I’m wondering how their going to be bunking us though..” She mumbled to herself, turning slightly to the side as she pressed a finger to her lips in thought

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
"Whoa..." Will contemplated her wings, his face getting a off-in-space sort of look. Her wings were about average size by his standards, though, he hadn't met many other winged, so he could've been wrong. So they were osprey wings... He had seen an osprey once. Maybe. Could've been another bird, but it looked like what he thought an osprey looked like. He whistled to it, but it had only screeched in annoyance. Understandable. If he was a bird, he'd probably get annoyed by people whistling at him too. Was that a common thing for birds? Maybe that was just something he did.

He gave his head a light shake, trying to bring himself back to the present. Focusing was never his strong suit. "I hardly think they're boring-" Will protested, his wings spreading slightly, "I think they look pretty cool. I've always kinda wanted raptor-y wings. Better for flying fast, and diving, and... well, most bird things. Most flight things, actually. Not that I really fly much, but I guess I'll get to fly more now that I'm here, wonder if we're gonna end up having classes for that..." He glanced back at the school, pausing only for a moment before he straightened, suddenly jolting himself out of the train of thought. "Oh, right! We should probably register before it gets dark... or, whatever they do here before you enter... I've never done this before- ah, but I guess that's obvious..." Will trailed off. Wow, he needed to get better speaking skills. Probably made her nervous already... oh well. He could learn to act like a regular human being- actually, a regular winged, later.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Beach I Tags: T Tinytiger28 WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Zack was walking alongside the beach, his naked clawed feet nimbly touching and leaving the pavement, almost like he was ready to sprint at a moment's notice, his hands were tucked in baggy jeans, them being the only article of clothing he had on, his antennae constantly twitching and shifting on his head, sensing new vibrations in the air and heat changes. His shock collar was all scratched up, clearly noting signs of attempted destruction thanks to his clawed hands. His large hornet wings were a bit crushed under his backpack but he didn't mind, the backpack mostly containing sugary drinks on the side and books with his ID of his bug-eyed head and mandibles.

As Zack was walking along the pavement, his antennae shifted to a large collection of heat and air vibrations coming from the beach, Zack turned his head, his multiple eyes focused on the same thing, two winged discussing something on the beach, he made a couple of audible clicks with his mandibles and focused his gaze at them like a hunter stalking his prey, carefully noting any movement that can and would occur, the sun shined off his orange body, the black fur that coated him from head to stomach being the only the only thing discernible.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags:N/A)

Perhaps this was a mistake. Surely, this was too easy, wasn't it? Human's couldn't be all that welcoming of winged-folk, could they?

No. Jonah got over that thinking years ago. Sure, not all humans are kind, but it's not nice to generalize all of them by one stereotype. Perhaps it's best to look on the good side. It's better to trust, sometimes.

Though he'd never trust these humans on architecture. Why build it so close to a beach? You know what they say about foundations and sand.. Though I suppose it's not on the sand as such. But still, the salty air was something to grow used to. Jonah tucked his cross-necklace into his shirt, irritated that it had been bobbing up and down with every step he took. He seldom walked, if he could help it. Flying felt so much more natural and free.

He once again considered turning around. Doubt filled his mind. Too late now, though. It's not like he has any other choice, the church he had lived in for 9 years was shut down and he was left homeless. At least he had an education, of sorts. He'd come to the academy for both lodging, and to finish school, so that he could get a good job and buy his own house. Or at least get as close as a winged could get. Besides, it's nice to get away from the city now and again.

Perhaps a new dawn was approaching. One where humans could see past culture and race.

The Academy was huge, or at least compared to the suburbs where Jonah grew up. Perhaps there'd be flying space? How he'd longed to stretch his wings. The white feathers on his back rustled in the wind, and a few black feathers fell from his head. Ahead of him, he soar (see what I did there) some figures in the distance. Other winged perhaps?

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Yushin Yushin
Setsuro was so giddy with excitement he had to stop every few steps just to not lift into the air completely. Though he had already folded his paper wings to the smallest and most impractical form he could think of (a pair of long, thin insect wings with little wing area), he kept flapping them subconsciously, giving him enough propulsion that his walk was almost as bouncy as if he had strolled over the moon surface instead.

The beach! The sea! The open sky and fresh air! The school in the distance! Everything was new, bright and unexplored. Things Setsuro had only read about in stories now lay before him. He'd meet other winged, too! Aside from his parents, Setsuro had barely ever spoken to others of his kind, and even just seeing them in the part of the city where he had lived was fairly rare.

Of course, it was still a school, so it was bound to not be fun at all times, but schools also meant lots of paper, and paper meant he could fold origami if he got bored. Speaking of paper...

He stopped, took off his backpack and peeked inside to look over his belongings once more. It wasn't much - aside from a some spare clothes, toothbrush and so on, a reject copy of The Little Prince where a few pages fell out and the cover image was printed at an odd angle, several similarly defective pens and a stack of various loose sheets of paper, the only other things in there were his ID card and paperwork for being admitted to the school. These two were arguably the most important of Setsuro's possessions as well, at least for now. After making sure they were still there - though he already had checked half a dozen times on his way here - he moved on in his half hurrying, half stopping, bouncing gait.

Now that he drew closer, he could see several people up ahead, and they all appeared to be other winged! With a broad grin on his face, Setsuro caught up with the closest of them, a boy whose brightly white wings were a contrast to his black, feathery hair, and burst out, "Hi! Hello! Hey! Nice to meet you! Are you going to the academy, too? I'm Setsuro, but you can call me pretty much whatever!" Still beaming, he held out his hand for the other boy to shake.

Alright, maybe he was a tad overexcited, Setsuro had to admit to himself, but he just couldn't help himself when he was about to enter a whole new life. But surely, most of the other students were looking forward to meeting their fellow winged, too, right?

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Will scratched the back of his neck, attempting to smooth his feathers, which were slightly ruffled from his nervous excitement. He silently wondered what he could say that wouldn't sound annoying, or redundant, or otherwise stupid... Maybe he could just head to the school, but that might seem like he was just blowing her off...

A flash of orange caught his eye, leaving him once again distracted. He leaned to the side to glance around Artemis, squinting against the already fading sunlight. A humanoid figure walked along the sidewalk. And he was orange. Interesting.
He had a bug-like appearance. Bee? Maybe wasp. Something in that family. Definitely a winged. Will had never met a bug winged before... Was it harder to fly like that? Maybe it provided better maneuverability. Could he sting people too? What things did bees do? Could he do bee things? Or wasp things? Or hornet things?
Will grinned brightly, and enthusiastically waved a wing. Unfortunately, he underestimated how slippery the sand was, and had to clumsily flutter his other wing to keep from faceplanting into the beachside.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Beach I Interactions: T Tinytiger28 WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
As Zack was staring at these two winged, he began to make out their appearances: a young blonde boy, probably around 16-17 and a brown haired girl around the same age as the previous, were they friends? Allies? Zack wondered however his thought process was quickly cut short noticing the blonde person fluttering one of his wing, of course Zack thought it was to keep balance but it could've been a trap he thought, as he turned around to look for any other combatants but he didn't see nor sense them. So, Zack decided to approach them, this stand off was going no where and the sun was setting. He removed his backpack and held it in his right hand and began to approach them, as he was walking towards him, he spread his 7.2 feet (220 cm) wings out and fluttered them for a moment, kicking up some sand, even though Zack only fluttered his wings for a moment, they still created that iconic buzzing noise that is known for bees and hornets except much deeper. As he was approaching them, he was sure his hornet head was visible and pointed his antennae at them like a bull's horns, he also made various clicking noises again like he did at the sidewalk.

Last edited:
Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Felis Felis )

The first thing Jonah noticed was how energetic the guy was. Like, wow that's energetic. It was completely different from the other sullen faces of the winged's he had met but it was a welcome change.

Next, he noticed his Japanese appearance, both in his face and wings. Paper wings. He'd have to ask about that. His face bore similar dark features to his own. Up until now, Jonah had never even considered his own ethnicity, was he from the same area perhaps? A subtle smile spread across his face as he imagined that, if not for the wings, onlookers might think they'd be related.

Not only did "Setsuro" act child-like and innocent, but his height and face also reflected it too. The height was almost comical until Jonah realized he was only 3 or 4 inches taller.

The last thing Jonah noticed was how genuine he seemed. For all of his life, he had never seen a winged who seemed that genuine. Everyone in his neighbourhood was paranoid about who would backstab them next, whose house would be burned down by humans, whose child would be tortured for the sake of radical human demonstration. His scars throbbed once again in memory.
No. It was, ironically, in the eyes of humans that he first met that kind of genuineness and trust.

He had to stop thinking about that. Jonah allowed himself to reciprocate the genuine smile that he saw on the boy's face, and firmly shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you to Setsuro! I'm Jonah. Jonah Corvidae."

It was nice having someone to trust.

Ingrid Draven
(raven wings/ location: Beach/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 Yushin Yushin Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell )
School. The one place Ingrid would have never guessed to attend or be established for the winged. The idea is ludicrous itself, yet after finding out some humans have snapped pictures of her large wings making her out to be a creature they've dubned as "Thunder Bird", she decided to take a chance to make things right and hopefully keep her identity as well as her people from harm. The metallic collar was a bit excessive seeing as ahe is utterly harmless, but she supposed trust is a long journey to earn as is her trip to the academy.

"Where could it be. Where could it be." She chanted eyeing everything below her as she swiftly soars through the sky. Her eye light glisten when spotting a beach. A familiar presence lingering to be winged people just like herself. Lower wings tug back as if slamming the emergency break. Little did she know her elegant descent with her large wings casted a shadow over the group as if creating an eclipse. It was noticable that much is certain. When her feet landed gracefully on the ground, Ingrid sprouts her wings before retiring them around her body like a cloak. She scans the area locking eyes with a few others. She lowers her hat as if to hide her identity.

"Hello." She greeted. "I'm Ingrid. How do you do?"

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Yushin Yushin , Pumpkid Pumpkid
Setsuro kept shaking the other boy's hand enthusiastically for several moments before he realized it was probably high time to let it go. "Jonah Corvidae. That's a good name! It flows really well," he mused aloud, then remembered to add, "Oh! My last name is Scrivenor, maybe I should have said that. Setsuro Scrivenor." He chuckled softly, in a tone somewhere between amused and a bit self-conscious. "It's a bit of a mouthful at first, though, I think."

That had gone well, hadn't it? As far as Setsuro was concerned, he had just made his first friend. Maybe there was an instinctive bond between winged that made it so easy? Setsuro almost started laughing from that thought. That would be too storybook-like, wouldn't it? Almost like magic. Probably it was just that most winged were nice people. While Setsuro's experiences weren't exactly statistically expressive, he had only met kind winged so far, after all.

Just when he was about to suggest to go meet the group of other students he had spotted a bit further ahead, Setsuro noticed a shadow moving over and then past them. When he looked up, he saw winged with large black wings descend from the air and proceed to introduce herself to anyone within earshot. Setsuro's eyes widened when he realized that this must mean they had already stepped on the academy premises, else the girl would have surely been shocked by her collar.

Without having to worry about accidentally starting to fly, his wings now reflexively unfolded a bit more as he bounded towards Ingrid, once more holding out his hand. "Nice to meet you!" Setsuro cheerfully began to introduce himself. "My name's Setsuro, and over there is Jonah." He waved the other boy closer with a broad smile. As he looked from one to the other, a quizzical expression crossed his face before it lightened up again. "You two look like two faces of the same coin!" he exclaimed, followed by a happy, quiet laugh. "Because of your wing and hair colours, I mean."

Had that been a weird thing to say? Oh well, it was probably fine. After all, it was true - Jonah with his black hair and white wings and Ingrid with her black wings and silvery hair were aside from obvious differences in clothes, hair style and wing shape like a pair of mirrored images where the colours had been swapped around. The fact that both of them held themselves with a good amount of grace - which Setsuro lacked for the most part - helped reinforce that expression.

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Beach/ Tagged: Felis Felis & Yushin Yushin )

Ingrid is taken aback by Setsuro's chipper approach. Nonetheless gladly shook his hand as he proceeded to also introduce a rather timid looking Jonah. She shot him a smile hoping to inform him she is not of a threat. Just as her eyes pasted on Jonah, she took in the comparison of what Setsuro was talking about. It is indeed ironic that the two shared similar coatings. It would be a lot more interesting if both of them also held counterpart characteristics as well. Ingrid lets out a small chuckle finding it a little funny.

In truth at first glance Joanah did seem cute to her. One of the reasons her vision lingered on him. She had an interest of bizarre or unique things of any sort. That is her quirk. A knack she's come to accept as pointed out by humans. They were the worst and everytime she would look at one she felt anger and sadness compell her. Ingrid shakes her head returning to reply Setsuro's question.

"That is indeed odd. I like it already~!" She chirped. "Maybe our opposite traits is a sign? A sign that this school and our generation is on its way to bring balance." Her violet eyes stare over at the aacademy's building. The idea of changinf everyone's mind may sounds easy, but turn out difficult as the wise often say.

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Felis Felis & Pumpkid Pumpkid )

Jonah was good at making sure he didn't say anything rude or embarrassing. If he had no other skills, he'd at least be able to claim that much. Yet it took all of his will power to prevent himself from remarking on the second pair of wings that protruded from her back.

"Fascinating. I've never met anyone with four wings before." a wave of realization rushed over him. "I'm sorry, I didn't even stop to think if you're self-conscious of that."

He turned his face away in slight embarrassment. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Ingrid", He pulled his Bag strap further against his shoulder, slightly wincing in pain as the canvas rubbed against one of his scars. "Let's hope this year is one of new opportunities."

Ingrid Draven
(Location: Beach/ Tagged: Felis Felis & Yushin Yushin )

"Fascinating. I've never met anyone with four wings before." Jonah finally entered the conversation amazed by her secondary wings. Ingrid can agree at firs she herself was amazed when she was a child, she felt unique and superior at one point. That all changed when she found out there is more to this world than feeling how she is. Her feelings towards herself changed switching to fear when she found out how her people are treated. The more difderent the more valuable. Luckily nothing has happened as she is great with stealth.

Just as her fear changed so did her spirit. The will to protect and fight back for what's right. Her attention diverts to Jonah's question.

"That's alright. I fancy my wings. It seems everyone I met has never seen my wings before and the pleasure is all mine." She chirped. Ingrid noticed Jonah wincing. She frowned a bit concerned. "Agreed, but are you okay? You winced a bit."

Jonah Corvidae
(Dove/19/tags: Felis Felis & Pumpkid Pumpkid )

"Hm? No, I didn't.", he opted to change the topic as soon as possible. He pulled his collar further up, covering his neck as much as possible. "By the way, when are we expected to arrive by the academy? I don't want to rush, but it is sort of late in the afternoon. Besides, Setsuro looks pretty eager to get there too."

His eyes fell to the younger boy who had been almost bouncing constantly since they met. Jonah wondered what he had been doing when he was Setsuro's age. About 15-16? That was when he was running away from the human church. That's when he started getting... no... It didn't matter anymore. He was here now and that's what matters.

Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Will smiled as the bee- hornet? Still wasn't sure about that, but he mentally shrugged it off as the stranger headed toward him and Artemis. He blinked, slightly startled by the length of his wings. They were pretty big. Was that a bug thing? Having big wings?
Oh, and he was clicking again, pointing his antenna straight at him... It set Will on edge slightly, but it was just another winged. Probably fine. Winged always stuck up for eachother. Right?
Despite his usual blind trust of winged, the storm gray feathers on the back of his neck still rose ever so slightly, and his wings lay tense on his back. The bee-dude wasn't saying anything... Had he already annoyed the guy? Hopefully not.

"Uh, hi!" He chirped, attempting to make some sort of conversation. "I'm Will! I'm, ah-" Will paused, temporarily forgetting what he was going to say. With a glance at the looming building out of the corner of his eye, he continued, "-going to the academy. Are you gonna be a student here too?"

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Beach I Interactions: T Tinytiger28 WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Zack looked at this winged creature, disgusted already by his blind trust but that also proved this creature isn't capable of being a threat yet anyway... So, he lowered his wings, his antennae relaxing slightly, he put on his backpack and lowered his left hand into his jeans and the right hand remained free and ready for anything, even with the exoskeleton skin he had, his body still appeared to be physically muscular. He once again look at these two winged, still disgusted by the blonde one but unsure of the brown haired one. Zack's mood was already ruined today and this just irked him.

Zack heard the question and wondered whether to answer it or not... He decided he was. "Yes... I will be.." was his only answer, the voice was startling inhuman, it sort of sounded like dry ice wrapped in a metal sheath got together with a self-scratching chalkboard and the result is this voice but even with that voice his annoyance and anger could still be slightly felt. "Annd... you twoo... are also going?" the way he said his question almost made it sure he knew the answer since it was obvious but that tone made it seem he was very careful about what he says.

Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Beach | Tags: T Tinytiger28 Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Artemis chuckled weakly at his exclamation, cracking at her knuckles before fiddling with her tank top “Well, I guess their not boring.. Maybe they get that way when you stare at them long enough. Flying? Oh they are wonderful for that.. I don’t get to do it often, but I guess your right on the the whole more flying thing..” Her eyes narrowed in curious suspicioun as he leaned past her, her immediate reaction to turn and see what was going on.

“What in the ever loving hell..?” She whispered under her breath, her wings twitching in the slightest. She took a step back, sliding behind her new found friend. This winged was obviously a lot bigger than her, in the distant wing span alone. It made Arty quite uneasy. She squeaked as he started speaking, her hands naturally reaching up to cover her ears. She had an easy distrust for this man.. man? Bee? Hornet? Thing? Her hands shook a little, eyeing him carefully with her different colored hues “Hi.. Artemis..” She kept her introduction as short as possible, taking yet another step back in the warmed sand “Well, I mean I would hope that’s the only reason we’re out on a beach around the humans..” She said dryly, her once cheery tone almost gone as she seemed to be hiding behind Will

Zephyr William (Will)
Will cringed inwardly at the anger in the guy's tone. So he had annoyed him already... man, that must be a record. Maybe he was just antisocial. Or tired from a time change.
He shot a confused glance over his shoulder at Artemis. She seemed offput. He gulped quietly, and turned his gaze back to the bug-guy. "Yup!" Will attempted a cheery tone, but a slight edge crept into his voice. "So- uh, what's your name?" He continued, assuming that it was kind of rude just to call him bug-dude.
As he talked one of his wings spread without him noticing, providing a small barrier between the stranger and Artemis. Though it was subconsious, the message was clear. 'Don't touch her.' Even his blind trust had limits, and this guy wasn't exactly giving off a friendly vibe. Will didn't quite expect anything to go wrong, but if it did, he didn't want a near stranger to get caught up in something that was his fault.

logo-1913689_1280.png

Setsuro Scrivenor
折蘆 ・スクリブナー

Origami Wings

Interactions: Pumpkid Pumpkid , Yushin Yushin , WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell , T Tinytiger28 , Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
"Balance, huh?" Setsuro copied Ingrid's words more quietly, drifting into a thoughtful expression. Now that she had mentioned it, probably the image Setsuro would have wanted to use in his comparison was yin and yang - dark with a little light, and light with a little dark. That might have been an even more accurate description of their feather and hair colours. Well, deep thinking was all well and good, but not when there were still so many new things to see and people to meet.

"Yes, I'm sure it will be!" he smiled to Jonah's remark. Then, his excited energy making him fidgety again, Setsuro resumed bouncing up and down on his toes as he laughed and went on, "Haha, I guess you could call it that. Then... shall we go and meet the others before we go inside?" He pointed at the three figures a bit farther ahead and without waiting for a reply, began heading towards them.

He wasn't quite sure though what Jonah had meant when he had addressed Ingrid before - self-conscious about her wings? Setsuro wasn't sure how that could be an issue here among the students. Though he had always found the word itself weird (how did being conscious, aware of yourself make you insecure?), he had felt that emotion several times in his life before. Still, that had always been around humans - strangers trying to touch his wings to see if they were real, people whispering to each other and pointing at him. But here, they all were winged, so why would any of them feel uncomfortable about their wings here?

He dismissed the thought as he closed in on the remaining students on the beach, waving his hand cheerfully. There was one girl with cream and brown wings that looked like they'd otherwise be found on some bird of prey, a boy with greyish wings that had some stray black feathers and finally, one boy who not only had hornet wings, but whose whole body bore resemblance to the insect. Setsuro's eyes went wide with awe for a moment - he hadn't seen winged with any features of the animal or object their wings were from except for the wings themselves.

"Oh, wow," Setsuro found himself saying, before he caught himself. "Um, I mean, hello everyone! Nice to meet you all! My name is Setsuro, and..." he began his next introduction, then stopped to turn around to look if Jonah and Ingrid had actually followed him before he attempted to introduce two empty spots of air. He was still waving his hand, though more slowly now, as he wasn't sure to whom of the three in front of him to extend it first. How did group introductions go again, exactly?

Only then he noticed that the pattern in which the three winged were arranged before him was a bit... peculiar, though he couldn't figure out what the situation was. "Uh, I'm sorry if I interrupted or something," he apologized, his paper wings rustling as they unfolded and folded back again partially, an analogy to fidgeting with one's hands.

Zack Frothingham
Hornet Wings I Location: Beach I Interactions: Felis Felis WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell T Tinytiger28

Zack noticed the subconscious motion Will did and let out a small, eerie chuckle. He reached into a backpack pouch with his right hand and pulled out a disposable plastic bottle, it had a small vertical line that showed a greenish fluid inside, the bottle came with a straw. Zack grabbed the straw with his mandibles and began drinking from it, showing a relaxed-ish stance, well, relaxed enough for a paranoid humanoid hornet. Zack wondered whether he was going to be polite enough to give them their name but decided it would be better to form at least some communication with his future classmates who were also going to maybe be his roommates. "The name is K-15782..." Zack gave them his hive name, he knew they don't know anything about him and would assume it to be his real name. "You..." He looked at Artemis, "Artemis... The Greek goddess of the hunt... Your wings are.. beautiful...." The way Zack said Artemis' name was hauntingly scary and to top it off with his frightening voice.

Zack looked at the new arrival, Setsuro was his name, was it? Zack didn't care as he crushed the disposable plastic bottle in his clawed hand, it nearly split in two as it dropped to the ground. Zack's multiple eyes were staring directly at Setsuro and they were filled with a blinding flame of hatred and rage, he didn't like all this attention and made several clicks towards him.

Last edited:
Zephyr William (Will)
Dove Wings - Location: Beach - Tags: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Pumpkid Pumpkid Yushin Yushin Felis Felis
The bug-dude seemed to relax a bit as he grabbed the plastic bottle, an energy drink of some sort? What did he say his name was? K-15.. lots of numbers. Who in the world had a name like that?
Despite his curiousity, and usual impulsiveness, he didn't ask. Winged or not, K-whatever was ruffling Will's feathers more than he'd like to admit. "You... Artemis... The Greek goddess of the hunt... Your wings are beautiful..."
Oh God... he wasn't like that was he? He had been regaled by stories of creeps from his mom when he joined the cleaning service she worked at. It was only a warning to be careful, but Will was jumpy for weeks after that. Luckily, it had never escalated too far in his Mother's case, but it still bothered him that she had to deal with people like that.

Will didn't put his wing down, not even when he heard someone else join the conversation. He did glance in their direction, keeping K in sight within the corner of his eye (if the guy was gonna act like a petty human, he was gonna be treated like one). He was kinda short (not that Will was much taller). Reddish-black hair. Brown eyes. Paper wings. Had he not been otherwise occupied with K, he probably would've been asking a million-and-two questions about the strange wings, but, for once, he was relatively focused. Though, he couldn't keep his eyes from darting to the bug-man once again when he heard the sound of crushing plastic.
"Oh, you're not interupting anything." Will said, smiling in an attempt to draw attention away from his still-puffed feathers. "We were just gonna head up to the school, right, Artemis?" He cast a quick pleading look at the girl behind him, but his fake smile remained. "Just to register before it gets dark."
His wing relaxed a little, but the second one also spread, making the pose look more natural than just a single wing held to the side.

Last edited:
Artemis Tresouski
Osprey Wings | Current location: Beach | Tags: T Tinytiger28 Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Felis Felis

Artemis turned to find the new voice, spinning on her heel as she did. She had lowered herself into a defense position till she realized it was yet another winged. With paper wings? She felt as if she was dreaming by this point. First a bee man and now papered wings. She always heard rumors and stories about these sort of species of winged, but she only assumed them to be stories “Setsuro? Im Artemis.. Arty is fine if you prefer it..” She said kindly, more so enjoying this guys aura versus the other. “Excuse me a minute..?” She gave a nervous chuckle and turned back around

Arty looked up to the humanoid now known to herself as K-15, not giving to flying fucks if it was he real name or not. Her wings fluttered a little unconsciously at the mention of him, a chill running down her spine. She didn’t like him one bit “Thank you? I guess?” She said quietly, her eyes narrowing a little as he crushed the bottle “Right Will..” She stepped back next to him, tucking her wings in as quickly went to grab his hand, already trying to tug him off in the direction of the building. She had an uneasy feeling over this guy and she wanted out fast, giving him a look that screamed ‘Thanks’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back