• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

So you want to be a Shinobi?

-.-.Lucifer.-.-

Previously Lucifer1
The village of the elements (They practice; water, fire, earth and wind jutsu.) [ THIS IS THE BIGGEST VILLAGE, AND TENDS TO HAVE PEOPLE FROM THE OTHER VILLAGES STAYING IN IT, IS ALSO WHERE THE ACADEMY IS]

The village hidden in the dark (blood and bone, shadow jutsu)

The village of the light (lightning and medical jutsu)

--- Towns

The town of timeless sands (sand jutsu)

The town of frozen shards (ice jutsu)

The town of the swamp (clay, water, and earth jutsu)

The town of memories (advanced genjutsu)

The town of the volcano ( advanced fire jutsu)

High heels clacked against the wooden floor as a woman dressed in a tight pencil skirt, with her hair fashioned into a blonde bun, made her entrance into the room where the eight students awaited patiently. “Welcome” she greeted with a controlled smile, despite being the last person to enter the room.

She took a moment to scan the group before her, merely giving a nod of affirmation before looking down to her clipboard. “You are all here because you have a talent.” she continued, reaching to her desk where she picked up a pencil. She began to make marks on her clipboard, it was assumed that she was taking attendance.

“Three years ago, when the eight of you were first enrolled into the Academy of the Gifted, there was two hundred and three students in your group. You eight have passed through our grueling selection process, and will soon be graduating from the Academy.” she explained, her eyes never seeming to waiver from that damned clipboard. “Unfortunately, to ensure that our graduates are the best of their kind, there is only four spots available for graduation.”

“This means that only half of you will complete the program; I will be watching your progress throughout the year, and will have the final judgment of which four of you will graduate.” the woman said, lifting up her finger and adjusting her glasses. “That being said, my name is Miss Kido.. I was born in the Village of the Elements and have taught at the Academy for seventeen years.”

Miss Kido turned to the person sitting closest to the door, “Introduce yourself to me.”

Sitting cross legged, red hair falling over his thick brows, Rinn had been dozing off. His chin was resting gently in the palm of his hand, elbow propped on his knee. The young shinobi had slipped into a half-sleep, not paying attention to the clicks of those high heels. Not even registering the drown of her voice as she seemed to request a proper introduction.

Everyone waited patiently for a few moments, before a girl with heterochromia swiftly smacked his arm.

The boy faltered, head falling forward and making his neck crack. He shook himself, drooping eyes glancing sideways at Tsukimi Akane with a low growl. He straightened his back, taking his sweet time to stretch his arms above his head before standing, his posture slumped and unprofessional.

"Rinn Himura." He yawned, waving his black-nailed fingers over his mouth. "My mother was from the town of timeless Sands, father was from the town in the volcano." Not bothering to wait for a reply, the boy lay down on the bamboo flooring, hands propped behind his head.

From across the room a low chuckle could be heard, as a girl tried her -very- best to hold back her laughter. “The town of timeless sands, what a joke.” she iterated, perhaps as explanation for her mocking. This wasn't the first time she had mocked Rinn's heritage, surely it wouldn't be the last either.

The truth of it was; there was a general lack of respect for the smaller towns. The ninja's from them often proved to be much weaker, at least in comparison to the Village of the Elements. “My name is Adeline, I was born in the Village of the Elements and live with my mother, who was also born here.”

“Nice to meet you Adeline, but may I remind you; such negative comments will not be tolerated in my classroom.” Miss Kido scolded, only to get an eyeroll from Adeline who seemed more interested in the state of her appearance. “Thank you for sharing Rinn, who would like to go next?”

The question was seemingly deceptive; because everyone knew who Miss Kido wanted to go next,

Tsukimi Akane.

There were many rumors among the Academy regarding Tsukimi, some much more superficial than others. Most of them centered around those eyes; some people said one was to represent hell, while the other was heaven. Other's claimed that they proved her heritage to the long-lost clans, making her potential much more than she could probably imagine.

Adeline turned her head, staring at Tsukimi with her -own- brown eyes, it was an almost a glare. She briefly reminisced of the two's past friendship, things were much different then.. She shook herself out of the trance, reaching to her wrist to pull off a butterfly crested band. She took the band and used it to style her long black hair into a low ponytail.

A short and simple growl seemed to erupt from the redhead's mouth, however that could have been masked with the soft snores that were also radiating from his half-slumbering body.

He never cared.

The girl sitting next to the canine-like boy scoffed at Adeline's words, shooting a glare over her shoulder at the bitter girl. They had been friends, a long time ago. But that had changed over time. As they grew, Tsukimi became more closed off... while her peer grew harsh around the edges. Nasty.

The breaking point between the two, was Mei. A chatterbox and open enough to be hurt easily, and Ada had taken advantage of it with almost all the boys that had caught the rose-haired girl's eye.

Tsukimi lifted her head, short jet black hair falling gently along her thin brow, she glanced around the room, waiting for someone else to take the spotlight. Truth was. She detested attention. Hated being spoken to by other shinobi with a burning passion... mainly because the Akane Clan was more-or-less wiped from existence. And the scar that the death of her family had left on the almost abandoned village, made her heritage a large question mark. As well as a topic for most mouths.

Mei was the one to tear the attention away from the young girl, her pink hair and soft yellow eyes standing out beside the Heterocromia-eyed devil.

She waved her small hand in the air, before standing. "Mei Tsukino of the Town of Memories!" She seemed to sparkle as she stood there, the air about her seeming to dampen Tsukimi's emotions... cutting out the swirl of thoughts.

Once the girl sat down, her elbow jutted into her companion's ribs, making the Akane child hiss in protest.

"I just went, you better introduce yourself!" Her friend whisper-shouted, plea and anger in her voice.

It was hardly like Mei to lose her temper, and Tsukimi was one of the few people who had braved that storm.

She rolled her blue and red eyes, standing slowly.

"I'm Tsukimi Akane, of The Village Hidden In The Dark." She was blunt with her opening, almost as bored as Rinn who was now in a full REM sleep, kicking his foot out every once in a while.

Like a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a brief moment of silence before the next -heavily accented- voice cut in, “The town of swamp.”

The lackluster introduction had come from Nai, who always seemed to blend into the background; despite her uncanny appearance. She stood from her seat, wobbling as if she was going to lose her balance. “Nai.” she shot her arm forward, offering her hand to Miss Kido, as a gesture of greeting, who seemed rather reluctant shake it.

A few seconds passed and Miss Kido was still staring down at Nai's hand, but Nai was determined to make a good impression. She took hold of Miss Kido's hand and shook it-for her-, “I am happy to be under the bird's wing.” Nai said giving her new teacher a sheepish smile.

Adeline watched Nai, closely, this time she bit her tongue and kept her opinion about the town's to herself. Unlike Rinn's laid back manner, Nai was the type of her person to act on her anger. There was something intimidating about her, maybe it was the goggles, the ones that seemed to always sit crooked on her face.

Nai wobbled back to her seat, her massive tangle of -curly- brown and black hair brushing across Mei's desk, who sat infront of her. She leaned forward and wrapped her dark skinned arms around the girl, nuzzling her back softly. “Very soft” Nai commented in regards to Mei's clothes.

On the other side of Nai sat Xavvy, who seemed to of been practicing his Kanji during everyone's introductions. Miss Kido walked forward and snatched the piece of paper from Xavvy's desk, she looked over it briefly and then looked to him. “How rude..” she scolded, shaking her head in disappointment “Introduce yourself.”

“Why? You already know who I am, you already know who all of us are.. since you marked us here on the absence sheet.” he argued, his blue eyes staring up at Miss Kido angrily.

“Remind me.”

“I'm Xavvy, my mother is the hand to the Hokage here in the village of the elements.. and my father is from the Village of the Light.” he said with utmost disinterest, grabbing his piece of paper back from Miss Kido.

The sudden act of affection made Mei blink her wide yellow eyes several times, shock falling over her for a brief moment. Then, with the friendliness of a butterfly, she wrapped her own slender pale arms around those spindly appendages and gave the swamp girl a smile. "Thank you Nai." She breathed and waited for the girl to finish rubbing her cheek against her back.

Tsukimi turned around at the seemingly bored voice of Xavvy, the only person in the room her attention would have ever turned to. He was the strongest, so far. Someone she had pushed herself in training for. Not to impress, or grasp his pale eyed attention, but to surpass. All she wanted, was to gain control of her chakra and become the strongest of the Genin. Her sights were set on passing the Chunin exam, and training more.

And more.

And more.

But first, Xavvy.

"He's sooo cool." Mei swooned, pretending to faint and ultimately pulling Tsukimi from her clutter of thoughts. "What?"

"I mean he's strong... dark and brooding." She whispered, only to make another girl in the back scoff.

"Oh please." Yuuno muttered, a girl with soft violet eyes and a bald head. Atop her pale scalp was a distracting pattern of swirling blue tattoos that spiralled down the back of her neck and spread over her entire body. She was of the town of frozen shards, and her way of expressing it was with the cold hearted truth. "This is a waste of time." She breathed, glancing out the window.

Miss Kido briefly glanced at Yuuno and made a note on her clipboard, "Yunno, you and I met earlier; no need for a second introduction." she explained, looking to the very last person in the room. In the corner of the room, one last person sat.. "You're Kaoru, correct?" she asked, inspecting the figure of the ninja.. long green hair, yet a flat chest.. the gender of the ninja was arguable. A feminine voice spoke up "Yes, my family were merchants.. so I was born in between villages."

She glanced back down at her clipboard, reviewing the -basic- information she had about Kaoru, who was a boy. "Well, now that introductions are over.. I suppose I will be giving you the details of our first mission, which will take place tonight." Xavvy's attention was finally grabbed as he parted his teal bangs from his vision, with his hand.

Yuuno rolled her eyes, rotating the grape-flavored lolli in her mouth to the other cheek. She slumped back in her chair, however the sudden speak of missions caused her to tear her gaze away from whateveritwas that had caught her attention outside.

Mei's ears perked up, excitement buzzing off her form like radiation. That was one thing Tsukimi could never quite understand about the strange girl: her emotions were contagious. It was as if she was practicing genjutsu every second she was awake, somehow cutting negative vibes from around her out completely and replacing them with soft mellow hums.

It made a shiver roll down the Akane child's spine.

A loud snort caused the duo to turn their heads sharply, eyes falling on a very much asleep Rinn Himura. They narrowed their eyes at the same time, and both produced some object from their pockets for this sort of situation. Tsukimi, a small black pebble she had been scratching her name in, and Mei.... the bone of a dead animal.

That was another thing about this very bright and shiny Tsukino child, she was infatuated with death.

Two small objects went flying into the boy's forehead, each pelting him between the eyebrows and startling him awake.

"I didn't do anythi--" he frantically spit out, but recoiled seeing as he was in no immediate trouble.

"Stay awake this time, dog breath." Yuuno droned on in the back, a sneer on her face as she eyed the questionable boy with green hair.

Oh shut up Yuuno. Akane thought, refraining from giving the ice queen a black eye.

When you don't have hair, your eyes are usually the only nice thing anyone can look at.

"Ooh that's mean." Mei whispered, as if she was inside Tsukimi's head. She didn't doubt it either, the girl had a strange way of knowing almost anything that crossed the dark-haired shinobi's mind. It made her shake her head loosely, gripping her hands into fists at the sides of her head and bringing her attention back to Ms. Kido.

Miss Kido watched as the student’s attentions were so suddenly grabbed, giving a sly smile in return. She put her arm forward and began to wave her hand, behind it a trail of gray smoke followed. Within seconds, the smoke had become quite potent and hovered lightly above her palm.

“As your very first assignment, tonight, you will be searching for the eight scrolls I have hidden throughout the village.” she said, manipulating the smoke with the tips of her fingers to form an image of the village.

Adeline stared in awe, “she never signed the jutsu..” she thought, unsure of even what type of jutsu her teacher even practiced.

“While you are searching, I will be awaiting your return at the Io’ river. When you have located one of the scrolls, open it; inside of it waits a name, the name will either be yours or one of your -other- seven classmates. To pass the assignment, you must submerge either the scroll with your name in the Io’ river, or two of the scrolls of your classmates.” she explained further, now twisting the smoke into an image of the river.

Xavvy’s attention was broken for a moment as he stared out the window. “Well if the scrolls are already-- his thought was broken by the voice of Miss Kido

“The mission starts tonight when the clock strikes twelve; if you are considering looking for the scrolls before then, I would advise against it. Anyone caught doing so will be removed from the class, permanently.”

Xavvy reached up and lightly scratched his head “Geez..”

“In order to promote confrontation between the eight of you.. every scroll when opened will shoot an image into the air, in smoke, of the name that lays within the scroll.” she added, her smoke transforming into ‘Miss Kido’ before finally vanishing.

“Is there a reward for passing the assignment, or a penalty for failing?” the androgynous-looking boy, Kaoru said, twirling his hair around his finger.

“Can we work together?” Adeline added.

“This assignment is merely for me to observe the eight of you in action; but, those who pass will be given a special opportunity for our second mission, which will take place in the Village hidden in the dark. You may work together but it could compromise any advantages you may have. Any more questions before we dismiss?”

The sound of the mission made all the students seem to buzz with excitement, Mei especially. She perked herself up, spine straightening as she listened intently, her finger twirling around thick pink hair.

At first, the Akane child seemed almost uninterested by the sudden change in mission. She was use to being thrown into a bullshit jobs involving merchants and missing fish, or old ladies losing their cats in trees. It all seemed to bore her... until the village of her origin came into context.

Her head snapped, eyes pinning on their Sensei.

"What are we suppose to do until then?" Rinn blurted, cutting Tsukimi off before she had a chance to speak, his feet propped on the desk in front of him his chair balancing on the back legs. He shook his head sharply, a long yawn exposing his fang-like canines. "--and how are you suppose to know if we go looking for them or not?"

A leg shot out from behind him, Yuuno's foot sliding under his chair and pushing him forward, his stomach shoving into the desk. "She's a Juinin." She spat, only to cause the dog-like student to growl and leap from his seat, his desk toppling over in front of him.

"You said the second mission is being held in The Village Hidden In the Dark." Tsukimi cut in, standing up abruptly, almost in synch with the redhead. "Why?" Her question fell over Mei's head, making her yellow eyes grow wide.

"It's suppose to be abandoned. A death trap." Tsukimi continued, mismatch eyes pinning on Miss Kido, as if the woman held the secrets of the world in her skull.

Rinn sat down, seeming to forget the ice-hearted girl's slip up. She'd get hers... eventually.

“Until the mission, you are free to do whatever you’d like..maybe you’d like to rest, since you seem to have to so much trouble staying awake in my classroom, Rinn.” Miss Kido mocked, giving a glare that could only symbolize her dislike in the action.

Xavvy chuckled as Rinn’s next question provoked Yuuno; he knew, deep inside he knew, that the red-haired aggressor would surely lose in a fight with Yuuno. Xavvy knew little of ice-jutsu and its applications, but always thought it was one the more deadly alterations of water-jutsu.

“Careful Rinn, if anyone.. Yuuno would be the one to give you a wake-up call.” he joked, relaxing his posture. The commotion was quickly broke down when Tsukimi asked her question.

Miss Kido nodded at Tsukimi’s words, merely reaffirming them “You’re correct in saying that it is an abandoned village.. you of all people would know that first-hand. At this point, all I can disclose regarding mission is that; I will not be accompanying you on it.” she replied, picking up her clipboard to make some last-minute notes. “Class dismissed, see you tonight.”

Nai shot out of her seat, practically knocking Mei off balance; as she raced out of the room.

Adeline on the other hand, remained seated; her eyes seemed partially focused on that clipboard of Miss Kido’s. Her eyes seemed to be inspecting the words, but Miss Kido noticed and held the board to her chest.

Before Tsukimi could even bother to stand Miss Kido stepped forward to her, speaking in a soft tone “The Village in the dark, also has secrets kept in the dark, Tsukimi.” she whispered, her words still so bleak. “Failing the assignment tonight, would not be in your best interest.” she said a bit louder, as if she was also trying to catch the remaining students attentions.

Adeline glared over at Tsukimi, Rinn and Mei.. “Perhaps Tsukimi not passing the assignment, is more important than passing.” she thought, finally standing from her seat.

Rinn shot a glance sideways at the blue haired male, his black eyes shining with something... unknown. "Watch yourself." He growled and shoved the toppled desk aside with his foot, his hands stuffed inside his pockets. He strolled out of the door, following the swamp girl for some time before breaking off from her trail to stand near the edge of the village, the thick wall casting a shadow over his tall form. A sigh escaped him, and he pressed his back against the wall, and slid down it so his knees pressed against his chest.

"What a waste of my time." He murmured, letting the escape from the sun lull him back into a light doze.

Tsukimi stood there, staring at her Sensei for what seemed like ages, her eyes pinned to the blond Shinobi's gaze. Rinn had practically shoved past her, however, her mind was elsewhere.

It was as if the world meant nothing.

And those words

" The Village Hidden In the Dark, also has secrets kept in the dark, Tsukimi" "…also has secrets kept in the dark, Tsukimi "

"…secrets kept in the dark…"

"… secrets…dark

A hand fell over her shoulder, causing the distracted girl to jump with a start, her clouded mind finally bringing her back to the present. She snapped her head to the side again, those mismatch eyes falling on the soft yellow hues of her old friend. There was a look of concern pulling up the edge of Mei's pink brows.

"Tsukimi... are you alright?" She asked, her high pitched voice somehow cutting through the mass of broken thoughts and tearing the unknown emotions from the Akane girl's chest.

"Mm?" She seemed dazed, lost. "Yeah... yeah I'm fine." She lied, only causing her friend's fingers to tighten on the other's shoulder.

"Bull--" Mei paused, eyes seeming to change in shade as she glanced at Miss Kido, choosing her words wisely. "Just... lose."

"What?" Tsukimi was stunned, her eyes widened at the strange request. She grabbed Mei's hand and thrust it from her form, anger welling in her hues. Making them almost glow.

"Listen to me." Mei forced a smile, trying to cover her tracks.

"I'm not throwing the mission, not now. Not when there's so much on the line. I thought you, of all people would..." she stopped herself. "This is ridiculous."

Tsukimi walked out, not bothering to cast a glance back at the remaining students within the classroom.

This was the first time Mei disbelieved in her abilities... or what seemed like it.

Yuuno made her way towards Adeline, her blue-tattooed hand slamming down on the girl's desk. "You want Tsukimi out of the game just as much as I do."

Adeline looked up at Yuuno who was towering over her rather intimidatingly, she chose her next words more carefully "I want one of those four graduation spots Yuuno, if she wins this, it's hard to guarantee that she wont get one." She stood from her desk, giving her black pony-tail a light wave. "Besides, even if we want the same thing..how can I trust you?"

- - -

Kaoru stood at the doorway, watching as Tsukimi made her exit from the classroom.. "Tsukimi, wait." he said, grabbing the girl lightly by the wrist.

"You can't." She said, truthfully, violet eyes pinned to the other's dark brown hues. "Just know.... the enemy of my enemy is my friend." She let her finger brush against Adaline's chin, a smile twisting her powder-white features. Her eyelashes were white as snow, as well as the sharp eyebrows that shaped her emotions.

"Offer stands until midnight."

A low and sick chuckle fell from her red lips. "I'll see you then."

And with that she left, staring at Kaoru as she passed.

---

The sudden grasp around her wrist made Tsukimi stop abruptly, her heavy breathing halting in her lungs.

"What?" She almost spat. And recoiled, closing her eyes and taking in a deep inhale.

"What is it Kaoru?" She asked, his green hair a distraction.

As Yuuno passed, she could feel her icey stare, and the unpleasant feeling almost made her skin crawl.

Kaoru took a short glance over at Yuuno when she walked by, and then diverted his attention back to Tsukimi who seemed surprised. "I'm sure you know that.. since the next mission regards your village of origin.. there are going to be people who don't want you to win." he explained, a look of concern apparent on his face, his words were met by a simple nod. "Well, I want you to win.. I received some -extra- information regarding the next mission, the winners of this game.. are" he lowered his tone slightly this time "are going to face another challenge, to decide who will be leading in place of Adeline on the mission to The Village hidden in the dark."

"If you want to win, I have a plan.. it involves you, myself and Mei.. if you can convince her." he said, looking back into the classroom at Mei who had yet to leave.

Mismatch eyes shifted from the green-haired male back towards the bright-haired Mei, her eyebrows raised slightly. It was obvious in her blue and red hues of the curiosity that burned in her mind. "Lead?" She breathed, her brows suddenly furrowing.

"Oh no... no no. I'm not looking for any more attention." She shook her head, black locks bouncing around her shoulders.

She glanced back at Mei, her request ringing in her ears still. She barely gave herself a moment more to contemplate the offer. "Fine." She said quickly and pressed her back against the doorframe.

"Tell me more. I'm listening." Pale arms crossed over her chest, and as if on que, the pink-haired devil came gliding towards them a smile on her lips.

"What are we talking about?"

"Kaoru has a plan, and if you're not going in on it, we'll ask..." it pained her to say it, her head cocking to the side as her tongue rolling against the inside of her cheek. "Xavvy." She cleared her throat, glancing down at her bare feet.

"Tell her Kaoru." She almost demanded... but in a strangely sweet way.

Kaoru gave a toothy grin, pleased that the two of them actually wanted to listen to him. "Unfortunately, we need Mei's jutsu, so she's the only option for this.. Tsukimi you're going to have a big target over your head, and the others will most likely try to keep you from reaching the end with your scrolls.. but, if Mei can use her genjutsu to disguise me as you.. and disguise you as me.. they wouldn't target you."

"Why do you want the target on your head?" Tsukimi asked, glancing at Kaoru from under thick lashes. "What's in all this for you?"

Mei bit her lower lip, somehow conflicted about the idea the young shinobi had brought to the table. She opened her mouth to protest, but quickly shut it... feeling the determination bubbling between the two.

"I'm in." She finally murmured, yellow eyes falling along her white sandaled feet. She had always wanted to ask the Akane girl why she refused to wear shoes, but when the time came it seemed unnecessary.

Tsukimi shot her gaze back at her old friend, surprised by her sudden change in heart. Just a second ago, she was almost begging her to throw the mission.

RaraHaruko said:
"Why do you want the target on your head, what's in all this for you?"
Kaoru lifted his hand and used it to pull back his green bangs, which had been impairing his vision "I've made it this far through the Academy, with the help of others; I am not someone who excels in combat." he explained, tugging at the fabric of his kimono. "Someone like you Tsukimi, can understand that; but if Adeline, Yunno or even Xavvy were to lead our first -actual- mission, surely my talents would be go to waste."

- - -

"Yuuno!" Adeline shouted, trying to get the girl's attention who appeared to be walking home at this point. She quickly caught up with the girl, still trying to catch her breath. "I accept the offer." she whispered in a nasally tone, hardly able to stand.

- - -

Nai crept behind the wall, slowly peeking out the side at Rinn who slept quietly. "Woof, woof" she jeered quietly, so quietly that Rinn's trance was not broken. Without any notice, the ground shot up beneath Rinn and knocked him onto his side. Behind the corner, Nai could be heard snickering; trying to hide her humor from the quick-tempered boy.

"I won't let that happen." Tsukimi said bluntly, her hand coming up and resting on the green-haired boy's shoulder. She stared into his eyes for a brief moment, making sure her promise could be heard. "I give you my word."

Mei clapped her hands cheerfully. Placing her palm along the top of Akane's fingers she nodded sharply, determination bubbling around her like Champaign. The emotion fell off her body in waves, clearing all doubts in those mismatch hues.

"We both will" Mei chimed, her voice like the soft ring of bells.

-----

Yuuno had made her way past several bars and noodle shops, her violet eyes meeting the gaze of strangers as they drunkenly stumbled by. She was use to this part of the village, the slums. Her family was the farthest thing from wealthy, and with a sick grandmother and absent father she was the one who took care of most things around the shabby house they resided in. She had only one younger sibling, and he was dead now.

"Yuuno!"

Her name being called caused the bald girl to cast a glance over her shoulder, purple hues meeting the murky brown orbs of Adeline. She continued in a slow stride, listening to the girl pant and struggle to catch her breath.

She accepted.

"Mei and Tsukimi are most likely going to be working together. We can't have that." She started, and her snow-white arm draped loosely over Ada's shoulders.

"We'll have to separate them, even if it means attacking the little runt. Mei is weak, physically. If we're able to get her from behind, I'm sure we can dodge the genjutsu."

----

At first, Rinn thought he was having one of those wicked flying dreams. The ones where he soars over top of the village, peering down on unsuspecting land dwellers as he brushes against the clouds, breaking them open and pouring several gallons of harsh rain over their heads.

Then.

Suddenly, his body was being thrust to the ground, and his teeth raked against his tongue biting down and sending copper to fill his mouth.

Black eyes shot open, and the badtempered dog-boy leaped to his feet. Within moments he had bound for Nai, his long black nails digging into the wall's foundation as he pinned her to a wall. The snarl that rippled from his chest was enough to send the message, and he kept her there as his rugged rage-filled breath fell on her face. "You either have a death wish, or are incredibly stupid." His voice was low and sharp, the pads of his fingers coming to life as heat radiated from his skin, scorching the stone behind the swamp-girl's head.

Nai’s back was forced into the wall with an excessive amount of force, Rinn now constraining at her form with a well placed arm on each side of her. She squirmed, hardly able to keep still, as Rinn’s intimidating gaze pierced through her goggles and daunted at her eyes. She inched herself forward, prying herself away from the stone that had now begun emit heat in response to Rinn’s ‘hot-headed’ jutsu.

“Death is wasted wish, instead I wish for pigs, such as ones you lie with.” she mocked in that signature accent of her’s, continuing to move herself closer to the boy. “But. I am no pig. Perhaps swan, no?” she questioned flirtatiously, her lips hardly an inch from the boys; her hot breath hazing onto his skin.

“Swan and trickster.” she added, elbowing the wall and transferring her chakra into it. Shortly after, one of the stones un-lodged itself and shot itself forward towards Rinn’s forehead. Nai took the opportunity and forced her weight down, sliding underneath the gap between Rinn’s open legs and bolting away. She turned back only once, shooting an unformed blast of water at Rinn; at first it would appeared that she missed, but it instead hit the ground and created mud, making it rather difficult to follow after Nai.

---

The hokage’s building was vast, yet, it only housed the Hokage and their close -trusted- friends. Xavvy had grown to hate the place, for it often lacked the privacy that a normal home would provide. He couldn’t step out of the room he shared with his mother without being bothered with “Good mornings” and “How are you”s, it was incredibly annoying.

Truly, that wasn’t even the worst thing about having a mother who worked so close with the Hokage. It was the fact that every-single person had this pre-made expectation of him; that he was already mature, responsible and of course powerful. He obviously wouldn’t deny the powerful part, he had always been the top student in his classes.. But, he wanted room to make mistakes.. to mess up.

His mother constantnly reminded him of how he affects her reputation, and how everything he does was a reflection on her. “What a hassle” he thought, opening the door to his messy bedroom. He shuffled his feet as he walked; kicking up clothing, empty boxes of food and ‘figurines’ as he called them.

Xavvy came to a stop at the window, tracing delicate finger-tips across the window-pane. He grabbed the fabric of the curtain, and pushed it to the side; peering outside at the village.

“The Village of the Elements” he said lowly, walking away from the window and to his bed where he practically collapsed. Xavvy hated it here, there was nothing special about the damned place other than it’s size. At least if he was born in one of the smaller town’s, he would have a specialized jutsu technique. Something like Nai’s bacteria bog, that could cause everyone in a nearby radius to practically choke on their own breaths or even just her mud clones.

He gazed back out the window once more, his eye catching sight of something. Right above the floral shop that his mother often visited, something laid just barely hidden in the chimney.

“One of the scrolls..” he thought, standing back up; his glare becoming more focused on the small image of white.

--Time skip---

“ Ten minutes to twelve.” Adeline sighed, glaring into the body mirror layed propped up against the wall. She had changed from her normal outfit, into something more fit for combat; a hooded black cloak that kept several kunai and shurikens strapped inside. Beneath, a simple fishnet tank-top and black pants. She had pulled her hair back into a black bun, where it would hopefully stay out of the way.

Yuuno and her hadn’t really discussed much of a plan, “You want Tsukimi out of the game just as much as I do” she recalled, she guessed that was basically the gist of it.

Tsukimi had always been extremely reserved, even when they were friends; if her and Tsukimi got into a one on one fight, she’d have not a clue what to expect. Tsukimi, on the other hand, knew all of Adeline’s tricks and jutsu, she regretted being such a show off in those simple recon missions now.

“We'll have to separate them, even if it means attacking the little runt. Mei is weak, physically. If we're able to get her from behind, I'm sure we can dodge the genjutsu."

Despite the massive size of the Village of the Elements, it would be easy to spot the others out; but spotting them specifically was going to be a challenge.

Adeline tried her best to guess at where each shinobi was;

Xavvy would most likely start off the challenge near the Hokage’s mansion, which was in the center of the village. Rinn would be too lazy to move from his home, in the west of the village, so he’d be starting from there. Tsukimi would probably want to find a high location to look more easily, but since she is working with Mei, they’d be starting off at Mei’s house near Rinn.

Nai and Kaoru were hard to say, but she wouldn’t be surprised if they were working together in light of the situation. As for Yuuno, she already told Adeline that she would be in the center near Xavvy.

---

When the clock finally struck twelve; Kaoru had already been cloaked by Mei’s jutsu, who remained at a safe distance of a little bit less than 300 hundred feet between him and Tsukimi.

The conditions of the jutsu were;

• Mei had to constantnly channel the jutsu, if she were to take damage it would cancel.
  • If Tsukimi or Kaoru wandered too far from her, the genjutsu would fade.
  • If Tsukimi or Kaoru took significant damage, their illusion specifically would fade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back