• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

The Gardevoir doesn't answer for a moment or two. "Nothing is wrong...it just occurs to me that in order to fall in love with you both sides of me had to agree. You won both sides of me over, even if I am becoming more Pokemon and less human by the day. As difficult as everything has been, I honestly consider myself fortunate. It's good to have you in my life, and I'm not just saying that as an infatuated Pokemon, although --" she kisses him again -- "I am certainly that too, funny as it may sound."

She pauses, smiling. "Cynthia used to call herself by her favorite move. You can see why 'Hydro Pump' didn't really stick. I rather like 'Princess' and 'Gorgeous,' though."

Cynthia chuckles. "You two are so gushy if it was anyone else I'd feel nauseous. All the same, it's nice to see you both happy -- because you really do look very happy for once. We only have a few more days until the contest, so I imagine tomorrow will be a training day. For now, however, I'm going to take a nap."

Charlie nods. "I get a lot of your attention, my love, but I think now would be a good time to give your other Pokemon their care. After all, they are family too. I'll gladly assist."

Smiling as she kisses him again and explains her feelings he gives her a peck on the cheek in return before turning to Cynthia with a chuckle, trying to contain his laughter at the name she had given herself previously.

'You actually willingly called yourself Hydro Pump?" he questioned between chuckles.

When he finally managed to compose himself he turned back to Charlie and cupped her face gently in between his hands as he smiled at her.

"I think Princess would sound better being called out for when I give suggestions in combat."

Listening to her consideration for the rest of his team he nods and releases all of them into the room.

"Hey there guys. Sorry we haven't spent much time together. I feel like I'm neglecting you guys a lot lately," he spoke as he sat down on the floor. "Tomorrow is going to be a training day too so we'll all get some time together having some fun and getting stronger. I want you all to know that I am just as proud of all of you as I am with Charlie and Cynthia. We still a family?"

Cynthia huffs at his laughter, but eventually chuckles sheepishly. "I chose the name when I evolved and I'm pretty stubborn! I didn't want to change it -- but Princess Charlie had the right idea, I think."

"As for your naming idea, I'd like that," Charlies says, smiling. "I think it would go nicely with the tiara, too."

When the others are released there are various calls of affection and excitement -- no one seems to resent the increase in attention to newcomers. Haunter, however, does pose a question.

"Are you two in love? You and Charlie, I mean?"

Smiling towards her he looks back around to the others in the room. Grinning at their affection and excitement he's taken aback by Haunter's sudden question. Rubbing the back of his neck he turned to face Haunter. Glancing over to Charlie before answering he does his best to make eye contact.

"I think we are bud," he replied glancing towards Charlie again with a nervous smile.

Even with all the many things he and they have been through sometimes it was tough to remember that Kyle was still just a teenager. He acted mature beyond his years but it was at times like this that he would get embarrassed or show, albeit unintentionally, his true age.

There's a general cheer in response to this revelation. Charlie flushes bright red, first with shyness, but then with pleasure.

"I think the family approves, Kyle," she telepaths. "I think my brother would have too."

Cynthia laughs. "Alright, alright, everyone. Listen, we've got some hard work in front of us. We've got some competition, but we also have to pull our weight around here. There's a good deal of facility space, and we want our team to look good, especially in light of our central mission. Team Rocket is certainly planning to cause us more trouble, so we'll need to remain on the alert -- which means understanding the ins and outs of this place. We can have fun, but we gotta be safe, too."

The murmurs of agreement are reassuring.

"In light of that fact, I think it's time we look for ways to show some initiative around here so Charlie and Kyle aren't doing all the work. For example, our night watch. I volunteer, but we need another -- and it can't be the stars of the upcoming show."

Smiling towards her at her private message in his head, he holds her hand and turns back to face the others. Just as he goes to speak however Cynthia chimes in. His head is naturally drawn in her direction as they all listen to her as she speaks. He generally agrees with what she has to say and walks over to pet her as she finishes her speech.

"Like Cynthia says guys," he looks around to the others. "I think a good balance for her would either be Charmeleon or Venusaur since your types would be like opposites incase the Rockets do attack."

Cynthia nods, waiting. Venusaur's deep voice bellows across the room. "I will assist. As I have kept watch before, I can do it again."

Charlie smiles. "Thank you very much."

"Well, we should coordinate on our posts," Cynthia says. "Kyle, where would you like us to be?"

"I trust you Venusaur. You'll be a great guard to help Cynthia," he reassured to Venusaur.

Turning to the others he smiled at them all before speaking.

"The rest of you should take your types into consideration when picking a partner if we're going to take turns or do this in shifts. You've all listened to my lectures to the kids before. I'm sure you'll all be great."

Thinking about Cynthia's question he ponders for a moment or two before responding.

"I think one at the door in the hall and the other in the room off to the side from the door incase they manage to get past the first. Like a surprise defender basically. Y'all can take turns swapping places."

"Sounds good," Cynthia replies quickly. "I'm ready to take my post. Might I suggest you both get some rest?"

Charlie shakes her head. "I'm not really all that tired...but it would be best to sleep, I suppose."

A general murmur of agreement again fills the room.

"Need anything from me?" Charlie asks quietly.

"I'm good," Cynthia smiles. "Good night, guys. I'll rotate with Charmeleon in four hours."

Smiling as he watches the exchange Kyle goes into the dresser and pulls out his pajamas for the night before turning to Charlie.

"I'm going to hit the showers first. No peeking Char."

He gives her a wink before making his way into the bathroom and starting the water, waiting for it to get to temperature before disrobing and getting in. He let the water run over him for a minute or so before he actually began washing himself. In total he was probably in for close to 10 to 15 minutes before he emerged dressed in his pajamas and sits on the side of the bed.

Charlie blushes a bit at his joke, but waits where she is, listening to the water run, the various noises of the house and the Pokemon on guard. She yawns once, but remains psychically alert. When Kyle emerges, she's by the window, looking out over the grounds, but turns around and smiles.

"I take it you're feeling more relaxed now? You look more relaxed."

She walks over to him and sits a few feet away.

"I was thinking about our performance this weekend. Sandy probably is anxious about it, if my own nervousness is any indication. I was thinking I might go talk to her and tell her a little bit about best practices on stage. What do you think?"

Emerging from the bathroom fully dressed he was still trying to dry out his hair when he saw her sitting by the window. When she spoke he smiled and nodded as he neared her and dropped the towel.

"I do feel more relaxed than before and that sounds like a good idea but no need to rush off and do it right now," he replied as he sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. "Just relax with me for a bit."

Holding her close he relaxed back into the furniture and let out a sigh. He was happy the more he thought about it that they could just relax here and train at their leisure. It had been a bit since he last felt like he could totally relax what with Team Rocket being after them and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back