• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

So, what do I need to put in a summoning circle to summon a new roleplaying partner?

Shouz

Semi-Important Member
Shouz's new and shiny RP partner recruitment thread

I'm currently not looking for that many RP partners and might only accept a few in this round. Don't be afraid of messaging me though! Won't mind just chatting until I become available again :D

IF you want to start up a roleplay, please send me a PM. There's a bigger chance I'll see it and respond to it.

• About me

Personal info

I am a 20 year old from the Scandinavian area. For those of you who are unaware of what the everloving shizzle that is, it's in Northern Europe somewhere. This means that english isn't my native language, though I'd say I'm pretty decent. I've got around 10-11 years of roleplaying experience and approximately 3-5 years of roleplaying experience in english, which is now my preferred roleplay language for roleplay, when roleplaying.

Characters mean a lot to me, and I usually base my roleplays on the characters and their interpretation of what goes on around them. Character development is also something I put a lot of energy into. I can play any gender, just about any age and a wide range of different types. Usually, I play multiple characters at once, both major and minor characters included. I also don't mind killing them off for the sake of character development, or the plot. If the setting allows it, it is going to happen.

When starting a roleplay, I don't like it being too scripted. I like figuring out where to start and give the characters a reason to meet, greet and stick with each other and then just take it from there. Maybe discuss stuff OOC along the way, as progression happens, but no spoilers. Anything could happen, so following a strict plot line kills it a little. I am also more for other relationships than romantic ones. Friendship is a thing, hatred is a thing, weird in-between things is a thing. There's an unlimited amount of different relationships characters can have, and it's not limited to romance. Should romance happen, I prefer it to be a minor thing, that progresses realistically.

World building is interesting, but I prefer my first RP with a new person to be in a pre-made universe. If needed, we can just pick out certain things from certain media and use that to shape something, but writing something from scratch with a completely new person is something I am too anxious to do. It takes so much work and so much preperation. When using an existing lore, it doesn't have to be 100% spot on canon either, and it'll always be with own plot and characters.

AS YOU CAN TELL FROM THIS THREAD, I AM A WORDY PERSON! I usually write around 2-10 paragraphs, but can get waaay above 15 and even reach 20 sometimes if I really go nuts. The insanely long ones are usually limited to starters and after-timeskip scenarios and they're hell to write and takes me forever to write. During dialogue, I can get down to writing as little as one paragraph, to keep it dynamic. On average, I can spit out a reply 1-2 times a week. During holidays, I reply much faster and same goes for dialogue, when the posts are short. In those cases I can squeeze out multiple replies a day. If I take too long, spam me. Just spam me.

About post length, I don't mind you writing as much as you do. I do expect more than one line of text, but with that said I'm not really strict with this. You do you, write however much you feel you need to and feel no need to match up with however much I write. I won't match up just to match up either. I feel like it always ends up seeming so forced. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

#hashtag

Last edited by a moderator:
As I try to make very clear in my description, romance is a maybe but not certainly and I don't mind it being there, if it's realistic, but I would certainly not under any circumstances mind it not being there.

Shouz said:
As I try to make very clear in my description, romance is a maybe but not certainly and I don't mind it being there, if it's realistic, but I would certainly not under any circumstances mind it not being there.
Aight. If it's not required mind if I pm you?

StoneWolf18 said:
Aight. If it's not required mind if I pm you?
WELL, in my thread, I do encourage people to PM me if interested.

Hello,

You seems really interesting to me, but I am not sure I may be interesting to you. May I still give it a try?

I am a 22 years old boy from France (UTC+1). English is not my natural language, and I just started trying to write and roleplay in English. Thus, not only I may do mistakes, but also I am not able to write elaborate phrasings in a very literary manner. Also, and here is my biggest problem, I am not able to write long things in an English roleplay, because I am still really uncomfortable with the language and have to use my dictionary a lot, then even writing two paragraphs would require a good amount of time. You sure said you do not mind much about your partner's post length, but I would still be uncomfortable to post 5 lines when you posted 300, then I need to be sure you really, sincerely do not mind if my posts are short.

Beside this, I am one of the few who are not looking for romance, and this is why it is quite difficult to find good roleplay partners. I am not against love relationships, but I hate when it is offered as a plot and your character just have to fall in love with your partner's character. What I love in roleplay is developing a character, working on their psychology and feelings. They do not have to be weird, tortured or special to be interesting to me. Normal humans, with their own little strengths and weaknesses, are fascinating to me, and they are the ones I love to develop the most. Character development is the most important to me, way more important than the writing skills or the post length.

I love creating and developing worlds, universes and stories as well. I am mostly into science-fiction and realistic-modern, as well as some fantasy universes but never heroic-fantasy.

I love to play every kind of character, from the young toddler to the old granny. I can play any and every kind of personality. I tend to play more males than females but I am open to any role.

As for my writing style.... Well, as said, I am not experienced yet with the English language so my writing style probably is pretty bad. Quality judgements aside, I can play both 1st and 3rd persons and both past and present tenses. I like to vary, but I do not like when it varies within the same roleplay, then I usually try to stick to what my partner does. I was used to be a very detailed roleplayers when writing in my own language, but now that I am trying to do it in English, I am not detailed any more, because I do not want to spend one hour of each reply. I want the story to move. However, as examples may be more speaking than my awkward explanation, you may have a look at some examples of my roleplays. Here (bold parts) is one I made here on RP nation, but I have to say I was more inspired on this one than on the others, then, I have to admit it may rather look like this (I am Seiden, the lion avatar)</a>. But in no way I would be able to write more than 5 paragraphs in English, unless it is something like a starter....

Your are asking what I am good at regarding writing.... It is hard for me to answer because I have only made like three roleplays in English, two of them having been shortened by some life problems happening to my partner, then I really do not have enough writings of mine to analyse to see what may be my strengths. As for what I have to work on, well, everything, as I am far from mastering the language the way I want. I wish I would be able to write in English in a literary way someday. What for? No idea. Maybe because I love writing so much I cannot stuck to only one language ?

To continue with your questions, there is nothing triggering to me. What you do to my character only happens to my character, then why would I personally mind? The only thing I would be uncomfortable playing are sex scenes but it seems to be the same for you then it is all fine.

I guess I am done with your question? The only question I have to ask you is the one in my first paragraph.

I am waiting forward to your answer :)

• How old are you?

I'm 20.

• In which timezone are you?

Pacific -8:00. I'm in the US.

• What do you expect from the roleplay, and what's important to you in a roleplay setting?

Character and plot development. I like to see new things, creative ideas and twists in the story. Too many RP's end up the typical romance/drama with no original ideas or content.

• Which kind of character(s) do you usually make, and how do you play them?

I tend to play bad guys - villains, evil scientists, power-hungry politicians, etc. I really enjoy it. I also tend to do more violent and adult topics - drugs, war, etc. This provides two obvious paths for character changes as well as lots of complexity.

• Can you describe your writing style? (Past-tense, present, 1st person, 3rd person, detail oriented, casual, etc. Samples are appreciated but not necessary)

I write in 3rd person, and drift between detail-oriented and casual depending on how much my partner has put into their posts. I write a lot of fan-fiction and original stories independently so my role plays tend to reflect that.

• Is there something you're uncomfortable roleplaying, or find triggering if even mentioned?

Suicide, self-harm and explicit sexual content is where I draw the line.

• What is it you're good at regarding writing, and what do you have to work on?

I'm great at creating unique universe and story ideas. I've never run out of material or directions to take things. Making my character unique and realistic is something I work on every time I write, although I wouldn't say I'm bad at it.

• Do YOU have any questions for me?

I really like the idea of space pirates! Did you have something in particular in mind for that?

Interested in roleplaying and would very much enjoy establishing some kind of skyrim based plot.

Hello! I am wilted, and I am very interested in roleplaying with you! I am mostly interested in a pirate plot, but I am willing to discuss just about anything! I have been roleplaying for 6 or 7 years. I know you prefer 18 or older, but I am 16, and very mature. I understand if you dont, but hey might as well try to snag what I hope will be a great roleplay with you. I am in the Pacific time zone, but is on the computer all day. SO me being on wont be a problem! I currently am looking for a causal/detailed roleplay with good characters, and a plot. I hope we could have a couple of characters, with many friendships, enemies, romances, and just more realistic character thoughts. The main thing I want is a lasting roleplay. I make many characters, of every race, and sexuality. Many different personalities, backgrounds, and goals. I write in 3rd person, and mostly only third person. When it comes down to things making me uncomfortable, as long as you follow the rpnations rules, and dont bring smut into it. I am down with just about anything serious. Well I have lots, of ideas and I tend to write down lots of details and thoughts. I will also share in OOC what I am thinking. I have to work on how I execute my writing, more detailed words, and better grammar. I am mostly familiar with modern, but love mostly every type of roleplays. I also have written for most types of roleplays. I just absolutely hate Sci-fi roleplays. Questions for you? I dont know... What your preferred gender?

Well at this point, I don't know if you have enough partners or not. So I'll wait for to see if you want more partners or not ^^

I am so sorry for not getting back to you two!

I only look at this thread when bumping it, so if you'd please PM me, then I'll be sure to see it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back