So... Remind me again?

LillianMuffin

Don't Tread On Me
<p>

Does this forum not allow advertising for skype roleplays? I havent been 100% clear and ive wanted to advertise my roleplay on here to get a few more people... I dont wanna break a rule by accident.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Lilllysaurus Rex]Does this forum not allow advertising for skype roleplays? I havent been 100% clear and ive wanted to advertise my roleplay on here to get a few more people...
I dont wanna break a rule by accident.

[/QUOTE]
You can advertise for roleplays on Skype and other IM programs as long as the exchange of account details takes place over PM, I believe ( :) )

Advertising for a roleplay on another forum website is what's not allowed.

[QUOTE="Lilllysaurus Rex]Ah. Thank you! I wasnt sure. Always ask right? xD

[/QUOTE]
When it doubt, ask first ( :P ) You're welcome (^.^)

Additionally - while you CAN advertise for skype roleplays on the forums, sharing of any contact information (such as kik names, skype names, etc) is allowed ONLY in PM. :)

Meredith said:
Additionally - while you CAN advertise for skype roleplays on the forums, sharing of any contact information (such as kik names, skype names, etc) is allowed ONLY in PM. :)
Believe me i learned that the hard way x. x

[QUOTE="Lilllysaurus Rex]Believe me i learned that the hard way x. x

[/QUOTE]
Aah, fair enough. At least you know now, though!

Meredith said:
That seems weirdly arbitrary. Why should I let this site dictate what I do with my contact information?

Help me understand this. It doesn't make sense to me.

JayTee said:
That seems weirdly arbitrary. Why should I let this site dictate what I do with my contact information?
Think about it this way: Do you really want everyone on this site to be able to see what your Skype details are? Trust me, it's best that they're only shared through PMs.

Honestly if someone is going to be dumb enough to leave their contact information lying around where anyone can see it, it's their own damned fault.

JayTee said:
Honestly if someone is going to be dumb enough to leave their contact information lying around where anyone can see it, it's their own damned fault.
While that's true, some sites don't want to give people the opportunity to blame them for their own mistakes. Hence the rules regarding contact information.

Plus, some less internet-savvy people might not know the importance of keeping something like that away from the public eye. The rule could cause them to think about why it's in place, and figure it out that way.

JayTee said:
Generally if a user has an issue with our site rules he should post in Admin Contact, JT, rather than hijacking a separate thread.

RPN is compliant with COPPA and places a lot of importance on the safety of minors, which is one reason we regulate it even though it's supposedly "their fault" if a predator obtains their contact information. (And all things considered it's really not their fault.)

Additionally, doing this covers our asses. If contact info is only exchanged in private communications, RPN cannot encounter legal trouble surrounding encouraging or facilitating anything bad that happens as a result.

Whoops, kinda forgot you were a mod, otherwise I woulda just PM'd you directly. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back