Advice/Help So I tried this new thing called "making an rp" and all I got are parts and a manual.

Panzer

Suffering
LOCAL PANZER HECKING LOSES IT.
Hey yall, It’s me, Ya boy Panzer.
I need help assembling together an idea of mine...that I made from stolen pieces...

You see, I’ve been craving something which I could describe as a Barrack Rp - I will lay this general idea out so if anyone has an actual title for this let me know- which is an RP in which the cast spend equal time in their barracks to socialize or have social antics while being broken up and supported by combat deployments and action in-between, in a mostly Militaristic or mostly
Futuristic setting that facilitates this stuff.

TLDR, It's kinda like an anime Mecha Rp…

And thus over the next few months of idleness, It churned inside my mind like a rotting cesspit of abominable filth, Rolling over each and every piece of media I have consumed and stalking through the dark alleyways to hunt its prey…

It mutates and becomes the beast of many faces. I foresaw so many different combinations and interesting concepts taken from inspiration that has clung to my heart like shadows to a city muted in complete darkness, all about as lively as an inferno that whips and cracks in the far off mountains.

Basically, I got a lot of parts and many different machines…

First of which, I will have to bring up my incompetence as I can't seem to truly pick a vehicle or mode of fighting that these people should inherit. My brain imagines a fair European cliffside overlooking a coast between far off islands as the dawning sky is patterned by a large hex… an idea was taken straight from an old rp that one of my friends had made, where Clones fought against other teams in an Arena-style thing for the amusement of the masses…

Others are taken from the pits of my mind- imagery of unnatural looking legged beasts about the size of a bus slowly trudging through the rubble of a burnt out earthen city…

Another inspired by Song in the Sky, a thing where a girl plagued with PTSD and her estranged AI companion fight in a steam-punk/gas light style setting in which we witness the desperation of humanity to secure an increasingly rare resource that -we don't know what it does yet- whilst they live on floating islands that overhang a seemingly bottomless abyss below…

I have merely pieces… like ideas for an outpost on an alien world or perhaps even a space station from which the cast deploy to the planet below… there was a whisper of tanks or powered heavy armor that the gang trot in.

Another critical piece comes from another rp… in which this cast is taken into the foundation that oversees their operations and has grown up in such an environment- they might even be the few who can use such advanced equipment or the start of a dying program…

Another issue is a mechanic that I am obsessed to understanding, for example, an old anime mech rp had made sure that players were put into duos with two pilots having to connect mentally to make a mech work… I loved how it brought together a sense of camaraderie or drama or tension however it kinda restricted players a lot because players would be confined with being a single role on a mech and not in control of what it turns out to be or how it is used…

In short, my issue has to come with loading these in the right combination to make something FUN.

I want to discuss ideas for what the cast should use as their arsenal,

I want to discuss a mechanic of assembling some sort of tie-together thingy however something that won't restrict players to a certain style.

I want to discuss how the world could be set into place and what the overall conflicts could be.

And I want to discuss how the tone and feel can be placed in a golden spot which allows for characters who show a range of tropes from anime or whatever without becoming too serious or too loose and goofy without sacrificing a haunting atmosphere.

Basically I want an action-filled environment suited to attracting those weebs who gush over characters and theorize about interactions and make the crude fanfic and shipping pairs about the series as if it was a loved and adored fandom that we have been roped into…

AND- AS IF THIS WASNT BLOATED ENOUGH-

I WANNA DISCUSS HOW MODERN SETTINGS SOMEHOW CAPTURE THOSE WHO DO.

I just want to make a mecha rp that isn't a mecha-based one… or one of those experiments-in-captivity- ones that always get my heart fluttery.

Excuse the post but I got this out in a hurry without a second thought. Sounds bad, but it's true. I guess I'll have to see if Rpn's finest can assist in my assembly of LIFE!
*evil laughter*

Ah, yes, sorry for the late response my friend! Internet has gone and dunked itself into a vat of burning oil. SO, let's do this. I am currently theorizing things based on player interaction! Hm, can you remember anything in the past that you would consider to be an amazing group with tons of interaction in ooc- actually, Any group that you considered amazing at all- and can you please describe the conditions made to do so? I may be able to try and recreate a formula from previous encounters, though my experience is far too limited.
I may be able to help!

Unfortunately I cant. But on KiK I’m in a Group Chat called The Palace, in which I’m a maid, but there’s a lot of Activity and even OOC talking. But that and another called Hentasia Resort, in which is also a good Chat, but it has died as of late. My favorite is called the Roaring Mouse Inn, where we get many many visitors, but allowing to come from many forms of visitors, we get soldiers, Vampires, Normal people, Mechs, Robots, anything you can think of! If you need some details, feel free to pm!

Ah, Alrighty. Hmmm. If you were a player in an RP based in a cast I'm vehicles- which type of vehicle would you prefer? Personally, and you don't have to give a reason if you don't want to.

Would you prefer planes? (The old prop+ machine gun kind, not the super fast lock on jets)
Tanks?
Powersuit?
Or experimental powers?
Keep in mind, planes won't have the same level of exploration of the unknown worlds however it will have faster action-movement.

Honestly Speaking i would prefer an AC-130 And large jets and such. I know it wasn’t on there, but i figured I’d add in. But if i had to choose out of all of the ones you suggested it would have to be planes. I’m really into aerial combat.

Ooooo certainly an interesting suggestion. I know the thrill and imagery of that- Big planes trotting slowly over targets like an eclipse across the sun, dropping explosives. The thrill of having to defend such a big explosive barrel from fighters taking shots and whizzing past like flies. Its an image my WWII loving heart can imagine being fun.

Although it isn't exactly what I had in mind, I might just add that to the pieces section...

In world conflict that would actually affect the story would be a great thing to have or events that happen earlier that impact the outcome of the story would be a cool idea.

Also, do you still remember me? Doll girl, dissection boy, and paranormal investigator? Just saying sorry for ghosting on you! I literally was banned for months on any digital device because of my mum.

Also, do you still remember me? Doll girl, dissection boy, and paranormal investigator? Just saying sorry for ghosting on you! I literally was banned for months on any digital device because of my mum.
Oh, ye. Uh well the rp kinda fell apart so you didn't really miss much. I am making it (again) with a more danganronpa twist and a focus on webcomic rules instead of cartoon rules. But development has bee a bit slow.
But yeah, nuthin much went in while you're gone. Server is still up and people still talk in it tho cause we all friends

Well, it's focused more so on simplicity to be more like webcomics, and it's using anime tropes and things along with comic tropes. It's set in a setting that I haven't quite set in stone yet, however, its mainly split between many phases and many variations of a series like different universes.

Uhh I'll just invite Ya to the server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back