So. I almost got arrested.

Cupcake

Boys, eat your heart out
If this is not allowed, please let me know and I will take it down. I am not seeking professional help, or asking advice or asking for legal help. This is my story with how I was treated by police after I slid in snow and got stuck on someone's property (names will not be disclosed).

I had a really bad experience yesterday and realized that cops are horrible to people. I went to pick up a friend I met online and go to town with him. He told me he lived next to a funeral home, so I pulled into the funeral home and got in a parking spot. Next to me was a short paved road and I saw a house. There was snow, and I thought there was a gravel driveway that led to some more houses, because he was texting me asking me about my vehicle, like he could see it and told me to 'come on down'.

Well, I drive down and drove in front of the house and realized that I wasn't on gravel, but I was in her yard, so I tried turning around and got stuck in her yard, and ended up sliding down her hill. I tried getting out 3 times and I caused ruts in her yard. The owner was not home. I had to call a tow truck to try and pull me out, but once he got there, he informed me he could not pull me out because I was on private property. He knew the owner of the house and told me she was 'mean as a snake'. At this point, I did not hit anything. Her house was not hit, her building was not hit, her fence was not hit, her trees were not hit, and her light pole was not hit. My vehicle was not damaged and nothing was damaged of this woman's except the ground. The tow driver drives across the road to inform the daughter-in-law and I call my dad and have to explain that I was picking up a boy I met online to go to town with me (which I didn't tell them I was picking up someone in their vehicle that I borrowed when I left but they found out). I cried to my dad and told him I messed up, I did something bad and I needed to know what to do. He didn't have a vehicle and couldn't come be with me or anything. Told me to call my mom. She's a nurse and I had to call the hospital and did the same thing. She just said to take pictures and just call a tow truck, and I explained that I did but couldn't get out till the older woman gave the ok.

Well, the whole family gets involved and calls the older woman and she comes home. By this time, I was already there for 2 hours. No doubt she walks down to my vehicle and starts calling me names that I cannot post on here. I was respectful the whole time and tried to explain what had happened, but she refused to listen and said "You are not getting that out of here until you pay me," and started walking away then turned around and said "What the hell were you thinking!?" and before I could answer, she walked down, got in my face, pointed her finger in my face and said "I am calling the police on you." So, she thinks I did it on purpose.

So I get in my vehicle, and asked my ex (who is also my best friend and would know what to do) to call me, which he did and I was crying hardcore to him, and trying to tell him what happened and he told me to stay calm and everything would be okay. So I kept talking to him for a few minutes and two police cars show up. They come down to me and start asking me why I did what I did, and tried explaining that I was sliding down the hill. He asked me why I went in front of her yard into the grass. I told him I thought it was a driveway and by the time I realized it wasn't, I was turning around and got stuck and slid down her hill. Where I was crying, he saw my eyes were red and watery and asked me if I 'had anything to drink'. Which I didn't. I told him no, that I didn't have anything to drink that day, then asked me if I took anything I wasn't supposed to, and I told him no I didn't. So he asks me to step out of my vehicle for a sobriety test.

Now the whole family is watching the cop give me a sobriety test, which he told me I failed. He said m story didn't seem right that he didn't think I was sober and thought I was on something and said 'You need to tell me the truth right now. What are you on?' and I said 'nothing', and he said, 'I'm gonna bet right now, that if I take you right now for a blood test, it is going to turn up that there is some 'shit' in your system". I told him 'You're welcome to take me, and there won't be a thing in my system'. He asks me if I'm on any medication. I told him I had hydrocodone/apap (Norco) in my purse for pain. He asked what it was prescribed for specifically, and I explained that I had a tooth pulled. He asks how long ago. I say about 3 weeks ago. He asks why I still take it, and I answered that I didn't take all the meds i was prescribed because they made me feel weird and saved most of them because I have a wisdom tooth ripping out of my gum through the hold in the back of mouth which hurts like a mother. He asks if I had taken it that day and I said no, and he asked the last time I took it, and I said 5-7 days ago. He says, "so it wouldn't be in your system for today?" and I agreed that it should not be. I was scared that I was getting ready to be arrested and go to jail (even though I was as sober as a mormon and hadn't taken any illegal substances/paraphernalia in my life).

So he walks away and the other cop starts talking to me and asking me if I was okay, if I needed any medical attention, and just asked my name and where I lived and was being very respectful. So the a-hole cop comes back and asks for my ID and my insurance which I give him, and he asks to see my medication, which I got it out of my purse and showed it to him. So he starts asking why I carried it around, and told him that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Well, he comes back down the hill and gets all my information, he gives it to the woman and says let's get me towed out (which they had to remove the fence to get me out but it was easily took out and put back). I had to pay for the tow and it was almost the last bit of money I had to my name. The cops told me to follow up with the woman and to make sure I get her yard fixed or it could turn into a criminal case (which I guess ends with me being charged with felony property damage). So, I got the woman's phone numbers and she got mine and the cops let me go.

I went to wash my vehicle because it was covered and gunked with mud and grass and stuff. I thought my parents were gonna flip out on me and start yelling at me because they were mad at me, but they weren't.

Nothing was damaged other than the yard and my parents have property damage insurance on the vehicle I was in. I couldn't sleep in my room last night. I just couldn't get that mean woman out of my head, all the things she said to me, and how I was publicly humiliated by the police and thought of as a drug user and a liar. So I slept on the couch, where I felt comfortable.

I can't wait for my therapist appointment on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously it's nothing to worry about, personally shit happens. what can you do when life throws curve balls at you. All you can do is roll with the punches. I have so many bad cop stories and bad shit that's gone down. It will make this look like you got a slice of heaven. Jail isn't so bad,especially if they throw you in with the druggies and drunk people.

I got stopped before Christmas on my motorcycle by the cops and I was running late for work and all. another time I got searched coming out of my apartment walking to work. Yes I said walking, got stopped at the river searched illegally might i add. Breathalyzed then fined and got in 3 accidents, got caught with ------- things, oh Jesus got a lot traffic shit by all D bag cops. This is why I don't trust cops any more well that and cps doesn't do shit when you call them especially if your dad is a class A bullshitting DBag ex Naval Officer. It will work out. Moral to this story is don't pick up random guys you meet online with your parents car that you didn't ask permission to borrow. Look at the bright side they weren't mad. Also FYI Lady Cops are the worst. Trust me we all been there I am sure a shit ton of people on here have bad cop stories. When it gets later on it will be just another dick cop story.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Well, I was allowed to borrow the van. They didn't know I was picking this guy up. We had been talking and met on a dating website. We skyped and was gonna hang out for a bit. I told him where I was and what happened and he abandoned me. If he was there, he could've helped explain to the officers what happened, because he was the reason I was there.

When I lived in Arkansas I had a run-in with a cop but he was really nice! I was in my boyfriend's (ex now. the one I called in the first post) truck and was at work. I parked up in front of my work at the doors to load a table into the truck I had let them borrow earlier. While I was inside grabbing the table, a cop pulled behind the vehicle (which was in a no-parking zone) and started running the plates. Well, the tags were dead, so as soon as I got in the vehicle, he flashed his lights and told me the tags were dead. So he asks for insurance, which my boyfriend didn't have proof of insurance even though he had insurance, and I didn't have my license.

So we had me in a truck that had no proof of insurance, dead tags and registration, I didn't have my license, and I was in a no-parking zone.

He didn't fine me for being in the no parking zone because he saw I was loading and that I worked there, and didn't fine me for not having my license, because I knew my license number by heart. He just fined me with the dead tags and no proof of insurance and let me drive home because he seen that where I lived at was literally across the street. He was a nice cop.

God I always luck out with cops that never happens to me. Man cops are douche bags. Oh yeah and my dad had me arrested for trespassing in my own house and running away to my mom's house.

DeathToAllBetrayers

That sucks. I'm trying NOT to get arrested. I'm getting a job at a hospital and don't need an arrest on me. I go tomorrow to fill out paperwork and stuff for the job at to get a background check on me.

Like I said it will just become another dick cop story. Trust me it really isn't that bad in comparison, to many other things happening in the world. Shit happens we just got to deal and move on. You will be perfectly okay, I am sure your parents will help with the damage or try to come up with a payment plan with her or your parents either way it will work out. Man did I think I was dead when I crashed my motorcycle well literally and figuratively turns out my mom rocks my socks. She took care of me and said it all be good accept for the insurance company didn't pay out and it wasn't even my fault, but no the Jackass just drove off and left me laying in the street.

Trust me I was a bad kid, was key word here, and yeah thank god I have nothing on my record all charges got dropped. Thank you legal system for being crap.

DeathToAllBetrayers

I'm not insured, but my parents have the vehicle insured for uninsured motorists and property damage. So the insurance should take care of it. If not, I was going to hire a landscaping contractor to fix the yard. It's not bad. It's just rutted where I tried to get out of her yard.

See you will be perfectly fine at least you didn't have to spend 200 on a MIC class. Though the drug part of that class was legit.

DeathToAllBetrayers

yeah, but that woman was horrible. she called this morning and my dad answered. She still was mad, but when he told her that we will get it taken care of she calmed down. He also told her it was an accident but she doesn't believe it was. She thinks I deliberately tore up her yard and got myself stuck on her hill.

I had one fucking beer six months from being 21 and I get a MIC. God I hate the cops at the lake and river, let me tell you jackasses. So see all is good in the hood you are good. She just a cranky old lady it was an accident let her believe what she wants. People are stupid that's that can't do much about it.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Stupidity is the world's natural selection at its finest.

DeathToAllBetrayers

I know. I'm trying hard not to let it get to me. I've been struggling with severe depression and never got diagnosed because I never saw a therapist. I made an appointment for Friday a month ago, and the beginning of this week just makes it worse.

Yeah I understand. I got chronic depression and Misophonia. Yeah it sucks but I do what I do.

I am heading to bed and don't think I am being a bitch or ass. I seriously been where you are. I am trying to help. I am sorry this happened to you. Life can be a Douche bag with a capital D, but that's life for you, if it's. Not fucking with you, your not living .Look at it this way maybe if you put it in this perspective it might help.

Yeah you fucked up her lawn but,

~ it was a complete accident

~ lady is a cranky dried up prune who sucked a lemon to hard (god I am mean)

~ Insurance or your parents will get it fixed

~ going to see the man with happy pills Friday

~ your not hurt

~ car isn't damaged

~ parents aren't mad

~didn't get arrested

~ and could of been a whole shit ton worse. :) hope this helped

DeathToAllBetrayers

I'm sorry to hear about that. I hate cops like that. I wish I could sit them down and give them a piece of my mind. All I can say is: don't worry too much. It sucks that it happened, But it sounds like everything will work out fine. You just got unlucky and got stuck dealing with a bitchy person and an asshole cop. This world is a fucked up place and There's nothing you can do about it. Just ride with it and hope you don't get fucked.

Shoot me a PM if There's anything you wanna talk about

So I had to go do a drug test today for the job that I'm getting at a hospital. It was negative.

I wanted the throw that piss cup at the cop accusing me of being on drugs.

too much information? o:

the drug test was nothing to do with what happened. I just thought it was funny because the cop was 'so sure' there was stuff in my system

Lol yeah I know but I would of gloated in his face.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Inb4 "Cops are bad yadayadayada police brutality!"

Seriously not all cops are bad or hell most cops are really nice, it just looks like that most if not all the cops are bad/assholes because stories about those get the most attention.

So short rant aside. I haven't really been in trouble with the law but i do remember when i was like 4 years old i slapped a security guard for no reason whatsoever.

I got scolded good that day in the middle of the mall.

Well that's why you don't think cops are bad you haven't got in trouble with them for stupid ass shit

DeathToAllBetrayers

RevolverOshawott said:
Inb4 "Cops are bad yadayadayada police brutality!"
Seriously not all cops are bad or hell most cops are really nice, it just looks like that most if not all the cops are bad/assholes because stories about those get the most attention.

So short rant aside. I haven't really been in trouble with the law but i do remember when i was like 4 years old i slapped a security guard for no reason whatsoever.

I got scolded good that day in the middle of the mall.
I don't think all cops are bad or anything. The one that I had a run-in with when I lived in Arkansas was very helpful to me. If he didn't cut me major breaks, my boyfriend's truck probably would've been towed.

This is just my experience that I had with my home state's police. They think everyone is a pill-head or a drug abuser, which makes you feel like crap when you're being judged that way. I learned not to give a hoot what people say about me, but in this case, having people who are supposed to protect us and keep the law in order think of me as a pill-head or drug abuser really rips the skin off my bones.

Cupcake said:
I don't think all cops are bad or anything. The one that I had a run-in with when I lived in Arkansas was very helpful to me. If he didn't cut me major breaks, my boyfriend's truck probably would've been towed.
This is just my experience that I had with my home state's police. They think everyone is a pill-head or a drug abuser, which makes you feel like crap when you're being judged that way. I learned not to give a hoot what people say about me, but in this case, having people who are supposed to protect us and keep the law in order think of me as a pill-head or drug abuser really rips the skin off my bones.
Hmm yea i understand how that feels. It does feel like crap if someone you trust and even love to protect you and such accuse of you of something you never did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back