• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Snow-Fire Academy for the Gifted

Lucia sighs. "You didn't startle me." She says, telling what could really be considered a bit of a half truth. She had been more confused than startled, after all. That wasn't to say she wasn't slightly startled, but, that was irrelevant. She was pretty much silent after making that comment, partially because she really didn't have anything to say, and partially because this was just a plain awkward situation. She was also still seriously confused. Some random person, someone she'd never previously met, was trying to have a conversation with her out of nowhere for no reason. She was sort of dumbfounded as to by the fact that this was going on at the moment. Normally people tended to shy away from her if she seemed to not show any interest in talking to them, which is what she'd assumed that this Asura guy would've assumed by her having been walking away earlier after he'd sort of just walked off.
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura sighed seeing that this conversation was extremely awkward for both parties "look...I'm not really good with people but I'm trying to get over my shyness" he explained "Im not exactly the most social looking person" he stated as if it wasn't already obvious
SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird

"...You're trying to get over your shyness by starting conversations with and introducing yourself to people whom you don't know in the slightest? Pardon me if this sounds a bit rude, but that seems like a rather risky thing to do." Lucia says, seeming a bit confused. "After all, what are the odds that you might end up somehow accidentally offending the person you choose to talk to? Or what if you're stopping them from doing something rather important, but just don't know it? Or, what if said person turns out to hate you simply for existing for whatever reason, even if they've never actually met you? These are all hypotheticals of course, but possible situations that could arise." Lucia was just rattling off the first few situations that came to mind of course, but the more she thought about them the more possible they really were. Some of them were actually quite a bit likely, and one of them in particular had been a rather large issue for her before and had lead to a situation that Lucia seriously did not want to think back upon.
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura laughed a little "you sure thought a lot further than I did. But hey you gotta start some where, besides if you can't see the starting line then you'll never get to the goal." Asura was quoting the words of his late father. It was what he told Asura whenever he was just about to give up on something. While Asura was a good bit shy, once he started talking he slowly opened up more and more."but most people seriously run away if I get within 20 feet of them so starting conversations is always a hassle l, heck I had to ask 30 different people how to get here before someone actually listened"

Lucia rolls her eyes. "People actually run away from you? I'll admit I can understand why, sort of, but while you do look like someone who would have an easy time accidentally intimidating someone who was susceptible to being intimidated, I highly doubt people actually run away from you." Lucia said, seeming a bit skeptical. "Usually people only run away from things if threatened or actually afraid of something. Fear tends not to equal intimidation in most situations. And I'll just say it now, you're not scary. Scary would be a deranged psychopathic person with a weapon of any sort who's threatening to actually kill you and seems to be actually intent on killing you, not some random person walking by that looks debatably intimidating to them." She says, moreso stating a personal opinion of a sort than anything else. "If they actually do run away, they're highly overreacting."
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura smiled at this" I also though they were overreacting but I had no claims to dispute. My father was a rogue demigod even if he was fighting for love." Asura chuckled but it had a sad tone to it. "He had the blood of thousands on his hands... But..that's not important..oh and I am technically a living weapon." Asura mentioned. Being the son of a demigod and a human caused his body to have a strange disposition. Although his body was mostly mechanical he still grew although at a faster rate than humans. Asura had little understanding as to his body composition besides that it was mostly inorganic. When he would ask them why he was this way and why he was called a freak of nature they would tell him that he was not a freak of nature but a miracle of the heavens. Asura let out a sigh thinking about it.

"...I have no idea how to even respond to that. I'd say I've heard weirder, but, I honestly really haven't. Then again, I have no doubts that literally everyone here is probably weird in some way somehow, so something will probably top that eventually." Lucia says, shrugging. "Also, living weapon? Aren't weapons usually created for the sole purpose of destruction and or killing? And if you truly were a living weapon like you supposedly claim to technically be, then what would really have been the point of giving a weapon, something meant specifically for killing and destruction, life anyway? It's just plain counterintuitive if you think about it. Give something life, and it can think on its own, and when said thing is meant specifically to kill or destroy that's probably not the best idea. After all, what if said weapon decides that it would be a good idea to kill whoever created it? I highly doubt you are, as you claim to be, a living weapon. Living yes, weapon, not likely just from a logical standpoint." Lucia was pretty much just rambling. "Although I may possibly be misunderstanding what you're saying here. This is all operating under the assumption that said weapon was actually created on purpose for the specific purpose of being a weapon. If not than it could've just been an honest mistake that it even had any sort of application as a weapon and was meant for something else-... I'm just rambling on about something completely unimportant and inconsequential here aren't I?"
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura couldn't help but chuckle a bit. " ya know your interesting. I've never found talking to anyone so entertaining before.... No offense of course. Maybe your right, my birth was just the unforseen consequence of a forbidden love so I wasn't made with a specific purpose in mind. In retrospect its impossible for me to be a weapon I was raised to protect those around me not to seek and destroy." Asura looked up to Lucia "thanks..you helped me realize something today" Asura smiled again bit instead of making his face look more intimidating it came through as a genuinely kind smile one that gave off a bit of a warm feeling.

Lucia was just a bit confused. All she'd been doing was bringing up why a living weapon was an illogical and unlikely thing and rambling on about it even though it had really seemed rather unimportant, and that had somehow made Asura happier? He was a very strange person indeed. Lucia honestly had no idea what to say, so she just responded with the first thing that came to mind. "Erm...you're welcome I suppose?" She was probably the most confused that she'd ever been in her life at this moment. Oh wait, no, she thought back to a rather confusing and embarrassing incident from last year. No, that had been the most confused she'd ever been in her life. And the more she thought about it this really didn't even come in the top five. Or even the top twenty. That wasn't to say that it still wasn't confusing of course. It just made absolutely no sense to her how simply expounding upon the illogical nature of the very idea of a living weapon existing managed to cheer Asura up. She really just couldn't comprehend it.
zenreaper zenreaper

"You know I think you just might be the first humanoid friend I've made" Asura thought for a second but was thinking out loud something he inherited from his mother..unfortunately "wait..isn't that weird?...I mean that's basically like saying I've never had any friends before..not like its not true I did live in a secluded forest hut for all of my life until recently but its depressing when you say it out...loud.." Asura paused realizing what he had been doing..."I um...sorry its a bad habit of mine.." Asura had a few bad habits. The worst of which would be stressing his left hand which caused it to emit a loud cracking sound like that of a firecracker.

Lucia was absolutely confused to the point where no part of this situation was seeming to make sense now. Did he seriously call her a friend? She really hadn't thought she'd been acting all that friendly. She'd pretty much just been rambling on about random things overall and pointing out a few things that she thought Asura didn't seem to be taking into account. Lucia had really actually been trying to seem unfriendly, sort of, when she hadn't just been rambling on, and now somehow he thought that she was attempting to be friendly? She just didn't comprehend what in the world was going on. She was just standing there silently, lost in thought, and trying to wrap her head around what in the world she'd done to make Asura somehow think she was being friendly with him.
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura noticed that Lucia had zoned out. He waved a hand in front of her face"hello?" He stood up straight folding his arms the creaking noise annoying him ever so slightly. "Ughh...why do they have to creak?" He questioned to no one in particular "maybe its one of the gears?" His arms were the most complex part of ancient technology on his body. They were completely detachable. So they could be repaired as need be. He couldn't count the number of time's he had seen his father come home from a battle with heavily injured arms and his mom yelling at him to take better care of himself as she fiddled with the delicate gears inside them. His mom had taught him how to self repar just in case. "Maybe I'll take a look at them later" as he spoke he stretched out his left arm and ran his finger along the inside of the elbow. A click followed and the components of the arm opened like a sarcofagous revealing hundreds of gears from medium to the size of an ants head. On every one of them a glowing symbol was inscribed giving the inside a luminous red glow. "Man if there's a gear stuck somewhere in here its going to be a serious Hassel to fix it..."

The crisp crackle of sheets sounded into his ears as the male started to wake and move. He sat up and stretched his arms above his head causing a few pops to fill the quiet air of the dorm room before dropping his limbs to his sides. Frey had been here a while and decided to take a nap before he would have to head out and really get started on this. This was school life, something he had never experienced before. Yeah, he'd been through crowded streets and met with strangers when they would make it to a town, but this was a little different. Most of the people here were like him, and around the same age group- at least, that is what he assumed. Nodding his head gently to himself he stood and made the bed behind him. The difference between these mattresses and the cots he was used to was surprising to him. The dorm's beds were comfortable, but the difference in surfaces made his back somewhat sore. Still, he was rather grateful for it's difference.
Once he finished making the bed he grabbed one of his bags and hung it on his shoulder as he glanced around the room. It didn't seem like he had a roommate, or they hadn't arrived yet. Either way, he wasn't going to waste his time sticking around to find out since he had plenty of time to meet them later. Instead, Frey left the dorm room and started to make his way outside, lightly batting at one of the small flying creatures who got too close to his eyes.​

Lucia sighed. She just couldn't figure it out. She stared at Asura's opened up left arm, genuinely intrigued by it for whatever reason. It was mechanical? She never would've guessed that on her own without seeing the gears. The amount of gears and wide range of sizes seemed to indicate clockwork of some sort, which really didn't seem right for a mechanical arm now that she thought about it. Maybe she wasn't thinking about it right. She quickly noticed the red glow, indicating that it likely wasn't purely mechanical. Why she was so intrigued by it, she really wasn't sure, after all machinery wasn't really something she knew too much about, but nonetheless it had caught her interest. She didn't say anything, didn't move at all, just stared.
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura could feel the familiar spine chilling feeling of a pair of eyes burning a hole into him. He looked up to Lucia who looks genuinely intrigued"....you can take a closer look...if you want of course" as he spoke he stretched his arm so that the contents on the inside were more visible. Upon closer inspection the symbols were less symbols and more extremely small detailed runes. The gears themselves seemed to have small channels running all over them. Every time two gears would connect the channels would meet and a flash of energy would flow through them.

Lucia took a rather close look at the gears, watching the gears in action. "How does it work? What powers your arm? What's with those flashes? How many gears are actually in there? Is it actually completely mechanical? Who built it? What's with those small runes? Can you actually feel pain if someone were to, say, hit your arm really hard? How is it capable of such complex motions if it's just made out of a bunch of tiny gears? How do you control it?" Lucia unleashed a small flood of questions, obviously rather interested in Asura's arm. The idea of a mechanical limb capable of complex motions at the will of whoever was...she supposed the correct term would be wearing it, but she wasn't quite sure on this matter, it was really interesting her for whatever reason.
zenreaper zenreaper

Asura at first was a bit stunned at the sudden flurry of questions but he was happy to answer them"the arm works on a basis of a quantum dynamic synergy between a sustained electrical current and a special type of metal alloy called hematonium. Its powered by an electrical current which his produced by hundreds of runes inscribed on the inner layer of the casing that insulates the energy so that it doesn't Leak from the inside. The flashes are the sudden transfer of that electricity when two gears touch. I don't know exactly how many gears there are but its around several thousand. the runes on the gears themselves are there to help the gears sustain themselves as they are under constant stress. Without those runes the arm would lock up constantly. I can feel pain as the entire arm is interfaced with my brain through a combination of more runes and wires. But in order to show you those I would have to actually detatch the arm. The complex motions are possible specifically because the gears are extremely fine tuned allowing for precise motion. If a single gear was off time by even a millisecond the circuit made when gears touch would be incomplete and the arm would have no power, efficiently a short circuit. I control it using the same system that interfaces it to my brain and the rest of my body." Asura took a breath after he finished speaking. His father drilled into him the mechanics of their extremely technological advances bodies. The origin of them..not so much.

Lucia made her best attempt to commit all the information to memory. "That is quite impressive, I have to say. It's odd though, I've personally never even seen anything remotely like this. This kind of technology seems like it could be used for many interesting and useful purposes." Lucia speculates. "Ah, erm, sorry for being so curious about your arm. I've just never seen anything like it before. I wonder...have you ever tried to reverse engineer it?" Lucia asks, seeming to have some sort of idea about something or another.
zenreaper zenreaper

"Oh its no problem it not often I get to tell people about it" Asura paused after hearing her question"actually...no i hadn't but that is an amazing idea. I know how to draw most of the runes used but reverse engineering it would take quite some time. You have Anything in mind?" Asura was happy to see someone that wasn't himself interested in the advanced technology that made up his body and was ready and willing to cooporate.

Lucia thought about it for a moment. "Actually, well, I have a few ideas. Not all of them are that easy though, so, it'd probably be best to start with the basics and reverse engineering it. After that we could try figuring out ways to maybe improve upon the design. I mean, there's got to be a lot of things this sort of technology could be used for. Think about it." Lucia actually had some pretty selfish personal reasons for wanting to figure out how the technology worked. She just didn't want to admit them. Or bring them up. At all.
zenreaper zenreaper

Last edited:
"Well although I never saw them in person my father used to tell me about what the technology was used for where he was from originally. It was Mostly for aviation and weaponry to protect the floating city, but it was also used in many other things." Asura knew that there had to be some other reason behind her Lucia's interest in the technology besides pure curiosity but now was not the right time to ask. He would deal with that when the time came. If he needed to anyway.

Fallon recoiled as the bird made a beeline for the corner of the furthest bed, and her ears and tail disappeared on instant. She walked slowly over, and stopped two beds away. A thought had occurred to her. Maybe if... Fallon dashed out of the room as fast as she could, which is pretty fast for her human form. She found the nearest bathroom, which just so happened to be a guys bathroom, and she transformed into her fox form. Then she realized where she was.

She dashed back to her dorm with the bird, which was still in the same place, the bird.

Leonardo woke up, looking over to the right of his bed. "Well, here it is... One simple mistake brings me here." He got off of his bed, putting his Shirt on before sliding into his Coat. He grabbed his Scythe, holstering it. He was about to leave before he noticed his Gun on the desk. He quickly put it away in a drawer, worried that anybody would think he was either Suicidal or ready to shoot up someone. "Now i'm just asking to get singled out..." he said in an angered tone.

"...I can sort of understand aviation but it seems a tad bit of a waste to use technology this complex for weaponry. Besides, who needs complicated technological weapons anyway? A simple sword, spear, or really anything of that sort is much more efficient when you think about it. They don't require any sort of ammunition, they don't require any sort of energy source, and they're nowhere near as likely to break. You can just use them and not have to worry about anything but using them. Now granted they can't cause all that much damage to anything that isn't living or easily broken with anything like that, but the point still stands." Lucia says, rambling on once again about a rather simple matter. "And besides, using the more complex technology would bring up the issue of repairs. The more complex the weapon, the more complex the repairs would be..."
zenreaper zenreaper

Iria remained in the corner, staring at the peculiar fox that was now in the room with her. She was honestly just very confused at the moment. Why was there a fox here? Was it maybe Lucia's roommate's pet? She honestly had no idea. She just stared at the fox, wondering where it came from and why it came here. At the very least it was only a fox. Not that much of a threat, that was for sure. After all, if it tried to eat her or anything like that she could just zap it.
h2h0e h2h0e

Leonardo ventured down the halls, searching for his Combat Instructor. Naturally being easy to lose, he winds up the exact opposite position of his Teacher in the school. Leonardo makes a tired Sigh, before looking over, listening to a conversation. To catch a breath, Leonardo sits down beside the doorway, listening to Lucia's Conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back