• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SMITED [Mission 1: Briefing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mission 1 Briefing

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
All the agents of both team Alpha and Bravo are summoned to the conference room of the Administration Building. Baosihr, the one who had be in charge of their evaluation was there waiting, as well as a few other individuals. The conference room was set up more like a miniature auditorium, there were rows of seats, each elevated somewhat higher the further back the seats were. A large white screen was on the wall opposite of the seats and a projector hummed from its position as it hung from the ceiling.

Two elven woman were conversing lowly with each other, and another woman was standing at a gunmetal colored, metal podium on a slightly raised platform off to the side as to not block the projection. Two other agents, a demon and an elf, were already seated and waiting. “Alright, take a seat agents,” Baosihr’s commanding voice boomed out as the agents entered the room, “We’re gonna get this meeting going. The sooner your asses are in a chair, the sooner we can get this over with and your asses on your missions.”

They didn’t wait for any stragglers, if the agents were late to this, their chances of even going on this mission was slim. The woman who was at the podium pressed a button on a sleek black remote and the projector whirred softly and the lights of the room dimmed. There was a map of Ireland projected onto the white screen, a few clicks of the remote and it zoomed in over a specific section over some dense woods.

“Some of you may know who I am, but for those of you who do not, I am Talora Reed, the Overseer. The two woman over there,” she said, indicating the two elven woman, “Are Intelligence Officer Mianan and Operational Officer Torqen.” The two woman gave a small nod when their name was mentioned.

“There have been recent reports coming from this area raising concerns. This large forest is untouched, surprising considering most of the land in Ireland is claimed. There is a castle here that is used as a kind of luxury hotel. Not only have guests started to go missing, the forest appears to be growing.”

Talora pressed a button on the remote and a timelapse of the map began showing the border of the forest expanding before stopping right at the edge of the castle gardens. “We’ve only observed this phenomenon from our satellites, but at the rate this seems to be occuring, the entire hotel may be engulfed, and we do not know when or if this expansion will cease. Mianan has researched some interesting lore regarding that particular area which we believe may be the reason for this strange activity.”

Mianan stepped forward, taking the remote from Talora, the next image on the screen was what appeared to be a scanned image of an ancient document written in Gaelic. “Most of the locals spread this lore by word of mouth, and most of them stay away from these specific woods because it’s known that anyone who enters, never returns. This is the only written account that gives us any possible information. It’s a story about a princess, cursed by a witch for her vanity. The castle and outlying area was covered in a magical forest, keeping the princess and anyone who dares to enter from leaving. However, this isn’t entirely true. The Shadow Archives managed to dig up what appears to be the story of a person who entered the forest and managed to escape. It describes that the forest seems to change, the trees grow bigger and are covered with thorns of varying sizes. Vines and ivy seem alive and they felt as though they were being watched at all times. Unfortunately, the account doesn’t tell how they managed to leave the forest.”

Mianan gave the remote back to Talora, though the screen was not changed. “After speaking with The Syndicate, we have a lead on a person of interest who may be a descendant from the witch who created what appears to be a curse. Team Alpha will be seeking out this person to find out if there is any way they can give us more information, maybe even stop what is happening. Team Bravo will be going to investigate the forest. Agent Hawthorne, you will be required to sustain a portal so that should you find your team trapped, you have a way to leave. Officer Torqen has reserved some items for you to help on your missions which will be given to you before you leave,” Talora said.

“Some of you may also be curious about the two agents seated at the front. Meet Agent Lufaren and Agent Valvon. Valvon will be part of Alpha and Lufaren will join Bravo. They will not be taking the team leader position, but they will be observing and assisting each team during their mission. This is not up for debate. New agents will be joining for these missions as well.” A few quick button pushes on the remote and the lights were brightened and the projector turned off. “You’ll also be getting more members added to your teams. They’ve been informed of which team they’ve been assigned to.”

“If you have any questions, I suggest you ask them now, you’ll be leaving right after this briefing.”
uqYWYt0.png
4C4Uuuc.png
FnlwwHm.png
dvS11xZ.png

3UH6hy5.png
seEH1I7.png

Last edited:
JADff9o.png

Tarrin Selanlar
Agent
Elf
Hit: 10

Tarrin couldn't stop thinking about the training mission - the sound of Baosihr's unhappy voice booming over the gym was hard to forget. The elf had visited the doctor as instructed and had found he was lucky enough to have escaped a concussion, but it was strongly advised not to go running into anymore projectile feet.

Tarrin kept this in mind as he entered the conference room. He was in the process of eyeing over the other agents already occupying the room - he naturally spotted the elves first - when Baosihr instructed the group to take a seat. Tarrin didn't need to be told twice. He swiftly moved to a seat somewhere in the middle of the aisles and waited while the others chose their own spots.

These folk certainly didn't play around. The last agent had barely found a seat when the woman at the front started up the presentation, showing them... Ireland. Tarrin recognised the shape of the Island from his books. He had no real wish to visit the area given its tendency to harbour cold weather, but given the circumstances Tarrin guessed he wasn't about to have a choice.

Tarrin's eyes widened a little in shock at the following images. A growing forest was certainly new. He didn't much like the sound of disappearing visitors either. He didn't quite believe what he was seeing. He didn't enjoy the story surrounding the woods either, but legends tended to stem from some truth, in this instance a curse.

This all seemed rather surreal to him, but Tarrin was thankful when the teams were given their instructions. He wouldn't need to deal with the forest directly, only the person who may have answers to this unusual issue. They were even being provided a small help in Agent Valvon, plus a few new team members. Excellent!

His mind buzzing, Tarrin couldn't come up with anything to ask, so instead he waited while the others asked their own questions before the teams were to be sent off.

full

Micha Ao
Agent
Bestial | Harpy

Micha had found the meeting room, shuffling in at the last moment before the presentation had started. He had, of course, been informed time and time again that punctuality was key in succeeding even going on his first mission, but ... Before the lights had dimmed, he looked around, a face at the back of the room. Unaware of the difficulty they had within their last mission, it was easy to feel intimidated. His breath balled up in his chest, and he let it go before it could get the best of him. Before he had known it, the mission briefing was over, and the lights had come on once again.

He learned his team would be going to find the person descended from the person supposedly responsible for cursing the forest. He'd given a brief, somewhat audible sigh of relief upon learning the news. After all, he wasn't in the team being sent to the forest itself. What could possibly even go wrong? While it was ... odd to think they would be trying to meet up with a witch, he had known better to think them hostile before they'd met.

He couldn't help it. As he thought on the mission - what they would be doing - an inevitable grin crept up on the harpy's face. Perhaps it had been insensitive, and it surely had shown him as a rookie. After all, who would really be excited about going to a cursed forest? Well, he had been given the easy task, but still. Ireland. All sorts of ridiculous questions flooded to his mind about the place, though not about the mission in particular.

The harpy looked down, assuring that his ID card was pinned to the front of his shirt, then back up to the other agents. They weren't the team leaders. That actually had left him with one. He briefly raised his hand for visibility, and then spoke out. "One question. Who are our team leaders?" he asked, then realizing he had spoken out in a room full of faces that surely didn't know who he was. "I'm Agent Ao. Uh, Micha." he said, briefly, to whatever eyes had been curious enough to look his way. "Nice to meet you all." he said, with a dumb grin that would make any overly serious person tut in response.

"Sorry if I missed that," he added. "Building was ... kind of confusing." The harpy unconsciously reached for his wing, making sure it was in alignment with the other and flattening the feathers down, hoping that he didn't already make a bad first impression.

Last edited:
proxy.png
Rosalia Liotta
Agent
Vampire
Fable Fable

Much to Rosalia's relief, 'training' was over. Though Rose really didn't really count it as training since it was more of an evaluation than anything else, except for maybe Mara. That entire training scenario was a mess, but in hindsight that was probably what happens when you join teammates together who've had little interaction with each other, with the exception of a few such as Rosalia and Adriel. At least it was over now. Rosalia let out a sigh, and proceeded to the Administration Building to find the conference room.

Rosalia was no stranger to the unknown and the supernatural. Having been a human turned vampire that was plunged into the world of the unknown, ambiguity was a feeling she was used to. Throughout her entire 160 years on the earth she'd seen things from the creatures of old human folk-tales to the extremely odd elementals. Even during her time on the vampire council's police force Rosalia had seen some very strange, almost occult like things, but none of them seemed to match up to this. Trees? An expanding forest that is seemingly inescapable? Possibly a sole survivor? Tracking people was always a job that could be very easy or extremely hard, and while it wasn't her first time tracking people of interest, she didn't specialize in it. Beneath the glasses that separated her eyes from the rest of the outside world Rose pondered all these things, hoping more information would be given.

One positive thing that Rosalia could take away from all of this is maintaining her position as team lead. While most people dreaded the pressure of being in charge, Rosalia did not. Being in charge presented its own set of problems and challenges that she enjoyed solving. Plus, she didn't mind getting things done the way she wanted them to be rather than hoping those in charge make the correct decision. This time around however, Rosalia would not be alone. It was announced that there would be agents watching over them and assisting. Alpha was assigned Agent Valvon. Beneath her sunglasses Rose made out what she could about him. Obviously he was a demon, but other than that she didn't know much about his personality or anything else. At least he wasn't an elf.....

"Yes. I have a question." Rosalia announced, loud and clear.

"Will team Alpha's mission be an undercover, covert op or will we being going under the announced jurisdiction of SMITED?"

"Also, when will we learn about this lead? I'd like to know simply so I can put the right people to the job ASAP."

full
The briefing they were presented on the mysterious expansion of a forest in Ireland disturbed Rillianthil. One thing she knew for certain, was that magic had a price. If there was a curse in action, something was fueling it. It also bothered her quite a bit that this thing had lain quiescent, then sudden gone active. What had changed? No matter, they were to try and solve the mystery before it claimed more lives. Let those move versed in the magical arts figure out the why, all she had to worry about was the what.

After seeing Janus exhaust himself in the 'training exercise', Rill wasn't too sanguine about his ability to hold open a portal for the team to escape through if they found themselves in extremis, but that had been a lot of portals. Perhaps a single one was much more in keeping with his abilities. Unless he expressed concern over his abilities, Rill would assume that he could do as asked, at least as long as whatever enchantment/curse/spell/whatever was affecting the area didn't interfere with his abilities.

"Projected length of Team Bravo deployment?" Rill asked. While she was confident of her ability to find food and shelter in a normal forest, a magically hostile one might prove, challenging. "Also, is it permissible for me to reach out to my parents and query the Warden network for any pertinent information?"

Last edited:
Usof-Phillipe.png

Right. Am I sober? Of course I am. Lemme just- OK, I am sober.

Ironically comparable to when he was intoxicated during the training session earlier, Usof anxiously and unnecessarily touched his face, reassuring himself that he was indeed sober that time. What happened earlier during the training session was inexcusable - and although it was unlikely for Usof to feel much of anything and let alone shame,what was done was done and he was fully aware of just how much of a fool he made out of himself.

Scattered throughout the room were familiar faces. Well, sort of familiar... Given his conditions, it should be to no surprise that Usof had yet to formally or even informally introduce himself to any of the agents from either teams. Upon briefly studying the room, he came to the conclusion that he was not again late. Thank God for that. Almost instinctively did he scout out a seat, and settled for one in the middle-row, first from the aisle that separated the two sections of the seating area.

Right away could anyone tell who in tbe room was in-charge. A face all to familiar belonging to the bloke standing by the podium caught Usof's attention. He can't quite put his finger on why, but he was certain the both of them had a tete-a-tete sometime earlier. A rather bitter one, if he wasn't mistaken. Instinctively squinting his eyes at said man, he proceeded to walk carefully towards his seat - maintaining eye contact, though it wasn't at all hostile and in fact suggested perplexity.

Most of the seats are still vacant - thank God for that. Can't imagine how awkward it'd be for both myself and just about anyone who sits next to me - considering what happened earlier.. Whatever the bloody hell happened earlier...

Usof then allowed the officer to go on about his talk and dominate most of his attention, with the tad spared being used up for his attempt to try and recall whatever took place between the officer and him. Hardly reacting to anything said chap was saying, he broke out of his stare upon hearing 'Ireland', suddenly reminded of his extensive collection of Irish whiskey - some as old as over 500 years-old. Of course, he hadn't opened them. But the thought of visiting Ireland was quite thrilling for him, in all honesty.

Ireland, eh? Lovely place, I bet. I oughtta get me a bottle - something unique, something exotic. A thousand years-old whiskey? My, my - if only.

Then came the part regarding Team Bravo needing to go and investigate some supposedly-cursed forest of sorts.

Oh well, fuck me. A cursed forest? A probably-dead witch's curse won't count as a souvenir.

Usof then acknowledged the new agents who were only recently introduced, but merely so. Finally, with no further enquires, he continued to keep schtum as the vampire lass stood up to voice her questions.

4C4Uuuc.png

Taionia Torqen
Operational Officer
Elf
Hit: ??

"One question. Who are our team leaders?" the harpy Micha asked, politely raising his hand to ask the question. Taionia stepped forward slightly, clearly the one who was going to be answering their questions, though the other that had been present remained. "Agent Liotta is the leader of Team Alpha and Agent Poecilia is the leader of Team Bravo." She waited for him then to finish his awkward introduction, something most rookies did. Reading the manuals and books on being a SMITED agent was nothing compared to being one. Experience was needed. "You'll get a chance to meet your team members after this briefing, you can retake your seat Agent Ao," Taionia said, not with a harsh tone since she didn't want to scare the rookie.

"Will team Alpha's mission be an undercover, covert op or will we being going under the announced jurisdiction of SMITED? Also, when will we learn about this lead? I'd like to know simply so I can put the right people to the job ASAP." Rosalia asked next. Taionia turned her attention to the team leader, "Alpha's mission will not be undercover or covert. It is official SMITED business and when you find the descendant, you are to inform them as such. However, I expect you to keep this mission classified and refrain from informing those who do not need to know your objective or the connected issues under investigate. That goes for all agents on either mission."

"Projected length of Team Bravo deployment?" Rillianthil inquired, "Also, is it permissible for me to reach out to my parents and query the Warden network for any pertinent information?"

"Two weeks. If after two weeks there is no progress or contact is lost a secondary group may be sent to recover your team. Hopefully it will not come to that. As far as reaching out through any networks, permission denied," Taionia answered matter-of-factly.

"Are there any more questions? Ask now, as once you leave this room, you'll be asking your Team Leaders as they'll be given mission files."

Janus
(God of Doorways)
XVsnvo5.png

After the training session, Janus had returned to his room to clean himself up from all the oil. As ridiculous as the strategy sounded, Janus had been surprised at how effective it had proven. Although he had failed his mission, he found it didn't bother him as much given that he'd been able to fight those he had fought. Was that what he sought in life, powerful opponents? Janus was unsure, and frowned as he pulled on new clothes. The magician was still finding himself and in these trying times, any indication of what he should be reaching for in life was welcome to him. For now, he would try to lead a good, non-evil life following the orders of those more capable of making those moral decisions for him. Soon enough, he'd develop his compass, he was sure of it.

At the designated time, he arrived at the meeting place. Being one of the last to enter the briefing room and take a seat, Janus studied the graphics noncommittally with his usual brooding expression, soaking in the women's words and calculating. He suppressed the urge to hit something when his last name was mentioned, instead resorting to tightly squeezing his knee, and just nodded in response to the woman. So he was to maintain a portal somewhere as a form of escape for Bravo Team in the event that their mission became impossible or too dangerous. A small person-sized portal would be easy to maintain, supposing the centaur wasn't accompanying them, but Janus only hoped the actual mission would not run on for too long. Even though it would only he be one portal, prolongedly sustaining a portal over a large distance would hinder his ability to perform and use his magic during the mission. If he ran out of energy, the portal would go out. If he became unable to defend himself and got knocked out or was killed, all his portals would go out. It really was just a matter of two questions to Janus, both of which he felt were definitely important. He waited for the others to have their questions answered before standing up himself, uncomfortably conspicuous amongst the other seated individuals with his poor resting posture.

"What location will the exit portal be required at and when will the mission begin?"
Fable Fable

Last edited:
SH6PABi.png

Faust Senade
Agent
Demon
Faust had arrived punctually this time. He hadn't learnt to set an alarm as Officer Duadoch adviced him to, but he read his schedule more carefully. Upon entering the room, Faust sat on the second row from the front, a small distance away from Rosalia. He appreciated her confidence; The training wasn't exactly a smooth sailing, but she had managed to adapt to sudden changes with considerable ease. He felt comfortable under her leadership for the current mission.

Frankly, he was relieved that he wasn't sent to the forest. He enjoyed civilisation more than nature, especially one tainted with curses or magic. The mission to he was assigned to suited his taste more. Information gathering was his expertise back when he was under Descourt's order. Of course, his method relied more on infiltration than deception, but compared to facing the unknown hidden in a lustre green forest, it was infinitely favourable.

His subordinates asked questions regarding of their missions one by one. He waited until most of the question was answered before he raised his hand and asked,

"Um, what kind of person is this witch descendant? Is he hostile?"

He often asked the same question to Descourt before going on his order; Knowing the nature of his target beforehand helped him to prepare his mental fortitude against what could be thrown his way. He didn't want to be surprised by a sudden attack physically. Faust wasn't really talented in combat. He needed every slight advantage he could get.

wVXwjla.png

Mara Poecilia
Mascot Agent
Merfolk
Mara was... out of sorts. After their evaluation Baosihr had called her into his office and responded with a torrent of words that were summed up to mean how awful she was as a team leader. She didn't need to be told that she was awful at the job assigned, that much was more than obvious. But his berating didn't make her feel much better.

Surprisingly she wasn't sent back to her desk when they were dismissed, but rather to the conference room for a briefing. Still Mara had made a momentary detour to her desk, locating a small bottle of pills and popping off the lid, taking three of them before stowing it away once more. Her prescription was going to need to be filled again soon which wasn't going to please her doctor or her superiors all that much.

Slipping into the conference room and taking a seat as their lecture began, slowly she was able to calm down as she listened. So she was actually going to be going on a mission, doing something worth while. Mara would shift in her seat, crossing her arms across her chest. This... didn't sit well with her. Being in charge of agents who had to take a flag was one thing, going into a supposedly cursed forest was another. Doubt flooded her mind despite how stone-faced she appeared, was this going to be a good idea?

Mara didn't have any questions, instead sitting quietly and waiting for them to be dismissed.

IRMo7cs.png
Calliea Ru
Agent
Woodland Elf
Fable Fable
Calliea was energized. The training mission, the disaster it was, it was still fun as hell. More fun she had, since joining SMITED. Now here she was, sitting through was must be her first briefing well her first briefing without her father. Her father being a noble, like he was. Had been in millions of meetings just like these. She was just a kid during those times but still. The same routine had been used, so she was not at all nervous like the all the other agents. It wasn't like anything will happen. it was just information getting passed down to them.

Calliea was sitting with her eyes close. Her staff was across her lap. It may have seemed like she wasn't listening but she was. To every word. This is just how she focused. It's like when she mediates, she focused herself into a calm state where there is peace and harmony. A place where she hopes the world might be one day. She was simply listening to the others questions. She of course had one of her own.

She opened her mouth to speak "Is there any chance for hostiles to approach us in our mission? We must not be the only one with this information. If we are, we must be seriously lucky but i seriously doubt we are. Others must be interested in this forest, in controlling it for their own means or just being people of peace. " Calliea opens her eyes slowly. "That is my only question."

This Calliea was serious, she knew when to not joke or talk unless she disapproves which she does. She was a woodland elf after all. This would be against her nature. Her job was to protect the forest. At least it was her father's job. She sighed and thinks "If this goes to far, i will say my concern. "

4C4Uuuc.png

Taionia Torqen
Operational Officer
Elf

"What location will the exit portal be required at and when will the mission begin?" Janus inquired, drawing Taionia's gaze. "There will be a secured room within the hotel. It still a fair distance away from the forest and there will be an agent stationed at your portal to prevent any curious civilians from wandering into it. Also, have you not been paying attention? I clearly stated the teams would be leaving after this briefing."

"Um, what kind of person is this witch descendant? Is he hostile?" came the next question from Faust. "The descendant in question is female. Currently unknown if she's hostile, treat her as neutrally as possible unless she is clearly a threat, then handle as needed. If she is a threat, you are to only subdue, not kill. She is currently the only lead we have regarding the forest curse."

"Is there any chance for hostiles to approach us in our mission? We must not be the only one with this information. If we are, we must be seriously lucky but i seriously doubt we are. Others must be interested in this forest, in controlling it for their own means or just being people of peace. That is my only question," came Calliea's question.

"As far as we know, we are the only ones who hug dug out this information regarding the forest and the lore. That isn't to say others aren't informed, after all a version of the lore was verbally shared by the locals. As far as hostiles, any mission comes with that risk. Your mission is to seek out the descendant and find out what they know, you are to not concern yourself beyond that," Taionia answered somewhat sternly, trying to make a point that their only concern should be for their own mission.

Last edited:

IDmY1MV.png
Victavia Annesworth
Agent
Vampire
Hit:
Fable Fable Gilzar Gilzar

Victavia was slightly late but managed to pick up enough necessary information on the upcoming mission. There were so many people within the room, talking about things she didn't understand. Even if she heard the words, she couldn't piece it together the way it was supposed to be, in her mind. From what she could understand, her team had the responsibility of getting answers out of a which. Victavia may not have understood the curse situation very well but one thing she did know was how to torture others for answers. There was no orders against it, only orders on getting information out of the potential witch descendant. Victavia began to think back on the torture devices she has within her room, wondering which one Madam Rosalia would allow her to bring. Long ago, one of her morning conditioning activities would be going through torture. The master had to test and break her limits to ensure tight lips on his personal information. In case he couldn't kill her before she was captured if such a situation ever came up, he had to know she'd keep her lips shut through various forms of pain.

Victavia approaches Rosalia, bowing to her before addressing her. "Madam Rosalia, shall I retreat to my quarters and present my torture devices? I feel like they'll be of great use during our mission." What Victavia's room was like must have been questionable by now, due to the various objects she retrieved from it before the training game. Victavia gazes at Rosalia with a rehearsed expression. A face filled with respect and fear faced the leader of team alpha.

full
"Understood," Rill replied crisply. If there was a reason for secrecy, then they'd just have to go in with the decidedly limited information they used been given.

RIll listened with half an ear as others brought up points about their roles in the upcoming missions. Her mind was going over all she knew about Ireland and its forests. Small but dense. Wolves top, no, the last wolf had been killed years ago. But, this was supposedly a cursed forest, so best to keep the idea of wolves on the table. If wolves were still in consideration, boar were as well. Drat, this was getting complicated. Plants. Hmm. Some she knew, but most she would have no experience with. Wait, hadn't her mother given her a book detailing the edibles of the entire European region? Yes, and Rill remembered it was in her pack to this day. Good.

Rill was cataloging the supplies they'd need for two weeks, assuming they couldn't live off the land, when a comment by the briefer in response to a question called her focus back to the room. Waiting for a break in the questions, Rill posed one final question of her own.

"You mentioned the hotel," Rill said. "Will we be packing two weeks worth of supplies and remaining mobile, setting up a base camp and searching in short sorties, or relying on the hotel as a base of operations and resupply?"

Fable Fable

Cerin-Blair.png
Well, if nothing else, his new line of work would certainly be exciting.

Golden eyes surveyed the room, watching as the briefing carried on. One team would have to hunt down a Witch, the other? Those unfortunate bastards had to go into a cursed forest that, supposedly, only one person had ever returned from. Cerina just shook his head, because of course he'd be assigned to the mission into the forest of no return. This was probably another facet of his probation. Then again, he had a knack for getting into places he wasn't supposed to go, so maybe it was simply because of his skillset.

Even now, Cerina was in a corner of the room, all but hidden in the shadows such that no one seemed to really notice he was there. Given he deliberately stood on a wall opposite of the elves, it's no small wonder attention wasn't drawn his way...

Yet...

He listened to the questions the others asked. Some made sense, such as finding out more about the witch Team A was going to be looking for and possibly seeking information from outside sources as well as more details about the duration of the mission. Other questions, well, let's just say it was obvious how many rookies were in the room. True, Cerin was a rookie too, but he'd been pulling off heists for years. Wasn't exactly the same thing, but, in his eyes, it was close enough.

As the questions seemed to draw to a close, Cerin figured it was time to as his own questions. Pushing off the wall, 'she' sauntered forward with an enchanting sway to her hips. Wearing all black, it was little wonder Cerin had remained unseen. In the light now, her attire was revealed: Dark, damn near skin-tight jeans tucked into boots and a low cut top that displayed illusory cleavage and her midrift complimented by elbow length dark gloves. Her Kusarigama's handles were hooked into holsters on either hip. As Cerin spoke, the voice was unmistakably feminine, tinged with a slightly rough Irish accent, but an unmistakable one nonetheless. From the looks, to the walk, to the talk, frankly everything about Cerin seemed female, leaving those gathered no reason to suspect otherwise, save for those that already knew the truth.

"So, we be investigatin' the forest, then? Got any hints for us like what i' t'is we're looking for?" Cerin asked, resting one hand on her hip, just above one of the handles of Nekonotsume as she watched those in charge. "Are we jus' takin' notes on whate'er i' t'is we find or are we actually s'posed to accomplish somethin'?" She inquired, quirking an eyebrow at those in charge. It seemed a logical question. Were they just going to look around, or, if the option arose, were they supposed to act?

Given he was on probation, he didn't want to get himself in trouble for doing something he shouldn't. Besides, why should he go above and beyond orders anyway?

Tags Fable Fable

Last edited:
full

Micha Ao
Agent
Bestial | Harpy

Micha nodded, assuring to take his seat after his question had been answered, and looking to the others for their. They had asked quite a lot, but the volume had set his mind at ease. He supposed, also, that his team leader would primarily be the one talking, because that was what it seemed to be. A talking mission. They didn't need a whole squad for it, so it was ideal for the rookie. Watch and learn. And while he wasn't quite so confident with his learning, he was good at watching. He looked to Rosalia as she stepped up, eyes landing on her ID badge. He hadn't gotten acquainted with everyone's names (though he had snuck a glance at a roster on the way in), but Taionia had pointed her out specifically. The harpy prepared to spare a smile toward her happen she glance his way; first impressions were important. Then, a pale woman stepped in front of his line of sight, profferring the team leader ... torture?

Was that right?

He hadn't been on any missions yet, and the women had seemed acquainted. Micha's eyes widened slightly. Guilty by association, he had wondered if that had been a regular thing within the boundaries of SMITED. Their team leader, with an underling, potentially torturing someone? No, that couldn't be right. An evident look of surprise crossed Micha's face as he looked between the two of them, bewildered, and then promptly avoided their glances, the act practically rehearsed. He pulled at his collar, the idea of talking to someone as their mission no longer quite as appealing to him. Of course, the harpy's quick assumptions had lead him to a complete misconception, but all the same, he had come to it. His wings subconsciously flattened, slicking down as he turned his turmoiled thoughts back inwards. He briefly considered asking for clarification, and then quickly decided that even if he were right or wrong, it would look too naive. So he sat, alternating between staring at his team leader and her interactions and looking down, panicking internally.

If it had gotten bad, of course, Ireland could be a fun place to go AWOL.

4C4Uuuc.png

Taionia Torqen
Operational Officer
Elf

"You mentioned the hotel," Rill said. "Will we be packing two weeks worth of supplies and remaining mobile, setting up a base camp and searching in short sorties, or relying on the hotel as a base of operations and resupply?"

"The hotel will be serving as the base of operations. We've sent a prep team who at this moment should be there and clearing the area around the forest and removing all guests and staff from the hotel. A handful will stay at the hotel to monitor the situation as best they can and will give you any supplies they are authorized to provide before you enter the forest. I would suggest bringing more provisions than necessary for emergency use. As far as searching for 'short stories' if you find any clues within the forest, do what you can to collect it, only if it is not life threatening to yourself to do so. As much as we are interested in finding out what we can, we also don't want to lose any agents," Taionia stated.

As Taionia finished speaking, a 'female' agent with feline characteristics moved out of the shadows. Baosihr openly groaned and lifted a hand to his face as the rookie made his presence visible. That damn feline felon had to show up to the brief like that. He shook his head, but kept his mouth shut.

"So, we be investigatin' the forest, then? Got any hints for us like what i' t'is we're looking for?" Cerin asked. "Are we jus' takin' notes on whate'er i' t'is we find or are we actually s'posed to accomplish somethin'?"

"Yes, as stated Team Bravo will be entering the forest. As for what you will be seeking, any information regarding why the forest is expanding, connected lore, artifacts of interest," Taionia gave Cerin a stern look at the mention of artifacts, knowing full-well why the shifter was working for SMITED, "Anything to stop the forest expansion."

There was a quick knock upon one of the closed doors and Alya Westari, the Director of Staff entered and approached Talora. A file exchanged hands and after Talora read the information she nodded and excused the woman, who left without a glance or word towards the agents. Talora stepped forward, causing Taionia to step aside.

"There will be a slight change to the Teams. Agent Smith and Agent Axewood will be unable to join Team Bravo," Talora announced as her eyes scanned the agents thoughtfully before landing upon Micha. "Agent Ao, you will be swapping from Team Alpha to Team Bravo. Both teams need to leave soon, now would be your final chance to ask questions or concerns."
uqYWYt0.png
dvS11xZ.png
ty9R1zI.png

Ryuichi arrived in the conference room with a few minutes to spare, preferring to be as prompt as possible. As he walked in he took note of those already there as well as the individuals that were entering with him. Finding a spot near the back of the room Ryuichi sat adjusting his katana to sit comfortably the briefing beginning shortly after. There didn't seem to be much to this mission, a simple investigation into a rather unique situation and individual. However questions did arise among his fellow agents that gave greater insight into the situation.

Ryuichi withheld his thoughts, not wanting to prolong the briefing with meaningless chatter he used the information given to start thinking through a plan of action. It was easy enough to pick out his team leader, her shifting at the mention of her name made it easy enough despite his lack of familiarity with the other agents. Ryuichi listened in to the rest of the briefing as more questions were answered. To be truthful his patience was wearing thin, as his desire to complete the mission grew. The information was all there, and the groups objective was clear, investigate the forest to find a possible source and put an end to it. Should any outside factors be introduced they would have to react accordingly. It was just as if he were going into battle, hopefully they wouldn’t need his combat strength. Of course due to his lack of some skills it was clear he was simply to be the muscle of the group should they run into trouble. Even with this knowledge Ryuichi was determined to be as great of an asset as he could resolving to be successful in this mission. Failure was not an option, but of course for him whether it happens or not it never is.

Taionia waited for a few moments to see if anyone else was going to ask any questions. After a long pause of silence and no agents speaking up or otherwise hinting at having anymore questions, she determined it was safe to progress. "Agent Liotta and Agent Poecilia," she began, motioning for them to come forward, taking envelopes secured with string from Mianan, "Come take your team files. Agents, you should grab whatever clothing, and toiletries you wish to bring with you and then reconvene in the hangar in thirty minutes where I will be waiting. If you're late, you're out of the mission, we are not going to delay the plane for tardy agents."

With that, Taionai handed off the envelopes - one to each team leader - and she made her way out of the auditorium along with Mianan, Reed, and Duadoch. "Oh," Taionia paused at the threshold of the door, looking back towards Cerin, "The Syndicate would like me to issue you a firm reminder on the terms of your probation."
uqYWYt0.png
dvS11xZ.png
ty9R1zI.png

wVXwjla.png

Mara Poecilia
Mascot Agent
Merfolk
So... supposed cursed forest with people she wasn’t all too fond and a cat who was apparently on probation. How wonderful. With a sigh she would stand and move to collect the file, opening and skimming the contents. If Janus was their only hope at getting out, she wasn’t sure they were ever going to return.

Simming in her own pessimistic thoughts Mara would be hasty to leave. Aiming to pack important necessities, get a refill on her medication, and change out of the sweatpants she was given all in a half an hour. If she worked quick she just might make it on time.

proxy.png

Rosalia Liotta
Agent
Vampire

Fable Fable Light Light

Rosalia listened intently on the answers she was given, as well as more of the questions from those around her. So far she was satisfied with how the op would be run. Covert ops were such a hassle, and being someplace officially made everything much more simple. Now the only question on Rose's mind was simply who this person of interest was, and what possible scenarios this might lead to. If there was one thing she'd learned about fieldwork from her experience across multiple organizations, it's that things tend to go awry.

Just as Rose was reflecting on these thoughts, Victavia entered the room and approached her. From reading her file, Rose had a feeling that the two of them being on a team together was no coincidence. It looked like she'd have to take this strange little vampire servant beneath her wing and show her the proper ways of being a vampire. If only they knew that would be easier said than done. Taking her attention off Victavia just for a moment, Rosalia opened her mouth to ask to see the file, only to be taken completely off guard by Victavia bowing in front of her. Rosalia was even more offset by the sudden question of whether or not the team was in need of her...torture devices.

Rosalia froze, with an expression beneath her glasses similar to that of a deer caught in headlines. What? How did Victavia even get that idea? Interrogation was no mentioned, at least she didn't think anyway. For a moment or two, Rose did nothing except for awkwardly stand there, and look into this girl's pale eyes. The innocent expression on Victavia's face only made her question even more offsetting. And now everyone probably thought Rose was into tourture...

"No....just....no." She awkwardly replied.

"Victavia...this is not the police of the vampire council. We don't torture for information. Also, what did I say? You're not a servant anymore, stop bowing!"

Realizing that she needed to choose her wording carefully with Victavia, Rose let out a sigh, and calmed herself down.

"Just....bring the standard issue training gear. I'm sure Officer Boasihr will let you know what that is, if you ask him."

Just then it was announced the mission information files were available. Rose hopped down the rows and immediately grabbed her mission files. She opened them, and began to look over them from top to bottom.

"Interesting..."

Attachments

• proxy.png
    proxy.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
  • proxy.png
    proxy.png
  • proxy.png
    proxy.png
1516805245286.pngRill stood as the briefing concluded, waiting a moment to see if her team leader had any instructions for her. The mere-woman seemed a little out of sorts, collecting the file folder containing information on her team members and making a hasty exit from the room without a word or look back. Apparently she had other things on her mind.

"Nothing to be done about it I suppose," Rill thought as she exited the briefing room, moving quickly to her assigned rooms. "Prepare as best I can, and pray that the rest of the team is, competent."

Arriving as her rooms, Rill entered and began to quickly and efficiently lay out the items she thought might be best suited for their excursion. Her bow, and the matching quiver went onto the bed, and she quickly checked the compartments on the bottom and sides of the quiver. Spare bowstrings and arrowheads, along with a few basic fletching supplies, were where they were supposed to be, as was the small knife sheathed in the quiver's retaining strap. Her pack joined the bow and quiver on the bed, and she quickly inventoried the contents. Firestarter kit, medical kit, and cooking kit were all in place. Mostly, Rill despised modern equipment, but the humans had gotten a few things right. Life-straw water filters, six of them, were arranged in a neat row on the outside of her pack. The steel versions were a bit heavier than the plastic versions, but they could handle an impact that would crush the plastic models into uselessness. Waterproofed silk, large enough to make a medium tent or a large awning, folded up into a neat bundle in the bottom of the pack, along with another of modern humanities creations that Rill found useful, a roll of paracord. Her mother's book on wild edibles was still in its side pocket, and Rill pulled it out to briefly thumb through the illustrations before returning it to its protected resting place. Camouflage kit, and none of the modern grease paints here, nothing but natural ingredients so animals wouldn't be spooked by the harsh chemical smells.

Setting aside her pack for a moment, Rill changed from her modern clothing back into her woods running outfit. Natural leather and silks, paired with homespun linen and wool, once again free of modern chemicals felt so much better that modern fabrics as Rill pulled them on. Her large utility blade went onto her belt, hanging from her left hip, the tip of the sheath strapped to her upper thigh. In minutes she looked like nothing so much as an extra from a high fantasy movie. Moving back to her pack, Rill contemplated it for several moments, before adding several packets of elven travel-rations. She couldn't pack enough by herself to last the entire group for two weeks, but what she could pack would sustain them all for a few days, or just Rill for nearly three weeks. Rolling up a light sleeping bag and strapping it to the top of her pack, Rill shouldered the pack to test the weight. Not the worst she had ever carried, though not light. She could handle this for a couple of weeks easily. Grabbing her bow, Rill unstrung it and strapped it to her quiver, which then went beside her pack. Satisfied that she had done all she could with the information she had, Rill locked her rooms and headed for the hanger.

Fable Fable , StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

IRMo7cs.png
Calliea Ru
Agent
Woodland Elf
Gilzar Gilzar
Calliea nodded softly at Agent Torqen. She rises up when everyone was dismissed, to go their rooms. She walked out after that. Heading to her room right away. Her leader didn't need her for anything at the moment so it was time for her to get ready to go to her mission. "I'll need my extra staff Dad gave me." She thought "Just encase. Probably should bring my repair case as well. "

As she walked into her room, she went to her closet, grabbing a second staff like her current one. She had been practicing using two staff at once, but wasn't skilled in it at all so this staff was just a back up one if her current staff needs repair. Plus this one has the ability to condense so to carry it means nothing. As she moved around her room, grabbing things she would need. She put on her staff holder that doubles as a backpack that she can carry on her back. Putting both her staff into it. Adding some clothes, and first aid kit. Water bottles, and Trail mix. Repair Pack. She made sure she had everything, but she forgot two things. She goes into her drawer grabbing her journal, that her father gave to her when she left to SMITED.

And her mother earrings. No where she goes, she would go without these. They are in a sense her good luck charms. She then changed into more free outfit. That she would be able to move freely in. Which was just SMITED pants, with a black tank top and hooded jacket. She found them to the most allowing ones which doesn't rips. Calliea was set with those. She headed out of her room, and locking the door. She headed to the Hanger. She was scared of course but it was in her right to be. Working for SMITED is a job that can be deadly but rewarding. So she focused on that instead of the deadly part. As she walked to the Hanger.

1516890644756.pngRill arrived at the hanger with time to spare. A lifetime spent on the move or in the forest have given her preparations a certain fluidity. She appeared to be the first of the team members to arrive, though Officer Torqen was already present. Rill saw another elf, Calliea she thought her name was, heading for the hanger as she entered. The transport looked functional, though far from comfortable. Rill wasn't really a fan of air travel, but she wasn't afraid of it either. You arrived, or you didn't. No point in worrying about what you couldn't control. She just hoped the pilots were competent. After a moments thought, Rill approached the waiting officer.

"Officer Torqen," she said politely. "I forgot to ask in the briefing, and if this should be directed to my team lead, I apologize in advance, but will we be issued any, specialized, equipment to assist us in determining the cause of the forests expansion? I have no ability to detect active magic, and I did not observe anything in my teammates to suggest that they have such abilities, though Janus might. If Janus is concentrating on maintaining our exit portal however, he might miss something subtle, so having a mage along isn't as great an advantage as it might be under other circumstances. Would it be possible to requisition some kind of detection gear?"

Fable Fable

full

Micha Ao
Agent
Bestial | Harpy

Micha stood, slinging his own supplies over his shoulder. He nodded to Taionai, not particularly interested in arguing - and not even sure if he had wanted to argue in the first place. Of course, it had meant that he'd be going into the forest, and ... that was troublesome, to say the least. "Uh ... okay." he said in response, no lack of hesitation in his voice. His eyes scanned the room again, landing on Agent Mara. As everyone had been given the opportunity to stand up and piece their things together, he caught himself moving toward the Merfolk woman before she could hastily escape the room.

"Hi. You look like you're busy, so ... Agent Ao." he said, giving a small, smile-laden nod. "I look forward to helping with the mission! 'Hope I won't get in the way too much, but I'll do what I can. Whatever ya need. We sure are lucky to have someone who can open portals, huh?" he cheerfully tutted. Before he could abscond himself, his eyes shifted to Victavia and Rosalia, happy to be away from the small mess that had occurred with them.

The harpy then left, not bothering Mara with too much conversation before they had been expected to convene in the hangar. He had gone to the room he had been given within the barracks. It was simplistic, unfilled, and the harpy had made quick work of throwing everything he had needed into the SMITED-emblazoned dufflebag. He left the impersonal room and made his way to the hangar, stopping all along the hallways to gaze at the maps before finally making his way to the hangar.

The bird's feathers began to trill and biggen as soon as he laid eyes on the planes. He had often seen them on television and in pictures, but never had he gotten so close to them in-person. An unmistakable grin had taken up on his face, fear and excitement. He was Avian, through and through, but flying had never come easily to him. The idea of gliding through the sky, effortlessly, in comfort, coming into a new country in only hours ... it was a far cry away to what he had been used to. "Exciting." he muttered, approaching them in the minutes he still had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back