• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Small Interest Check

Hyena

Hello,
I'm heavily considering making a roleplay, but I wanted to see how much interest there may be first. These are two ideas I have below.

One
A group of people who have crossed paths before, whether it's seeing each other as they're using the crosswalk, coworkers, employee and patron, classmates, etc. are thrusted into a dangerous, fantasy world with no idea how they got there or how to get back. With their two goals being survival and finding a way to return to their home (at least at first), they have to start testing their limits in a world not meant for them.
------ Characters would look the same as they did from Earth when they get thrusted into this new world. They're having to learn from the ground up in order to survive; think having to learn to make fires and build houses, and oh maybe we should be very wary of strange animal noises. Almost like a caveman era. As the story moves on the characters would gain some magical feats (but this they find will come at a cost), there will be some battles and even wars between sentient races (by this I mean excluding creatures that they will have come across), and eventually start gaining some kind of reputation for themselves in various ways that will catch the ears and eyes of those from another main setting of the story called "Crescent City," which the group will start thinking is their next big lead or hope to return home.

Two
A soulmates or experiment, or both roleplay. I've seen these before and they were always at least a little interesting to me. I have an interesting way to start this off, but I'd like more help with this one. I think of it more as a semi-dystopian world where the experiments are designed to be used as weapons and defense against other countries, or orgs, or even aliens! I'm considering that there is a massive onset of mutation affecting the world with some controlled areas and human havens. The opener for this one is that a one cast of experiments are being transported, but they end up waking up or breaking after a certain threshold and go to whatever facility to free the other cast of experiments. It's not a walk in the park and I imagined the beginning being very uncoordinated as the experiments aren't working together on purpose but would end up, for the most part, seeing the benefit of using each other to break the others out. They're then of course on the run after this and having to learn how to live and survive in the world that's changed since they were taken from it.

Hi!!

One - Hell yeah isekai!

Two - Hell yeah experiments!! Hell naw soulmates.

Where are you hosting OOC?
I know people have different places to host ooc; discord, threads, and I have seen pms. I'm open to either, discord kind of seems very popular, but I haven't been paying attention to my discord for some time- I'd probably do more so if the majority prefer it. I think that's something I'd decide on based on everyone's preference. What's yours?

I know people have different places to host ooc; discord, threads, and I have seen pms. I'm open to either, discord kind of seems very popular, but I haven't been paying attention to my discord for some time- I'd probably do more so if the majority prefer it. I think that's something I'd decide on based on everyone's preference. What's yours?
The pm group chat is nice. Cuz like sometimes I don't get all rpn notifs. But PM seems to always notif me.

Oml i love these ideas two tho is def my favorite tho, i have soo many ocs that would perfect for it :3 hope this goes well (im interested)

Both the ideas sound interesting enough that I would like roleplaying in the writing for those. Idea one I especially really like. I would roleplay for it right here, preferably, in a thread for it. But I do have a Discord account available.

Hello! I am interested in both of the ideas! Been going on and off of RPs but dipping my toes back into RPing again. I have over five years of experience roleplaying with plenty of forums on FictionPress to boot as well on Discord!

Would prefer discord, but willing to learn how to post within the threads on this site, heh.

1: Hell yeah
2: Experiments hell yeah
soulmates hell no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back