• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Small Gods [Slice-of-Life]

Wow, this seems very interesting! Mind if I hop on the band wagon as well? Preferably as a divine god.

I am most certainly interested. Pray tell, would a former God of Illusions and Deception of sorts who resorted to and has hitherto retired from being a heister; now a profoundly wealthy collector and trader of rarities and antiquities from all around the world and is burning through the immense wealth he had amassed with his thrifty lifestyle (resultant of the coping mechanism he has developed as consequence of his fall from divinity) be accepted? I fear for the potential friction this character concept might have on that of the RP itself and perhaps even your vision and preferred direction for it, but am very intrigued by this story idea and wish to partake in its development.

Though financial stability is as mentioned above not a chief or rather at all a concern of his, my 'Loki' character is obviously still susceptible to the exacerbation of existing psychological damages and so forth. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hey, I appreciate the interest! However, I’m skeptical that any of the characters would be profoundly wealthy at this point. Most of the characters are working class, and they share that as a common bond.

Hey, I appreciate the interest! However, I’m skeptical that any of the characters would be profoundly wealthy at this point. Most of the characters are working class, and they share that as a common bond.
I see. One tonic against this problem I've thought of is having him track down the scattered gods and essentially be a magic-essence salesman. Seeing as he was a former God of Illusions and Deception, I don't think it's beyond the realm of plausibility for him to have harvested and safekept a little bit of essence whilst panic ensued as the gods were being chased out. For reference, think Michael from GTA V. Neither of them are 'profoundly wealthy', per se; not anymore at least. They merely spend their days leisuring about with little to no repercussion. He doesn't, mind you, stay at home and sunbathe by his pool all day; to lubricate his integration into the story, I think it's expected to have him enjoy walking about the streets, shopping and so forth; he will invariably bond with the other characters, I will see to it that he won't turn utterly irrelevant.

That said, I understand your concerns and possibly reasoning behind rejecting this idea, for as I've said before; it may very well conflict against your intentions and expectation for the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back