• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Slippery Scales of Decipet

"Yes? It's just what?" Emma asked, fighting the urge to giggle. She didn't know praise affected him like this.

"You sure?" Emma asked, noticing Erin's yawn "You seem kind of tired. Shouldn't you rest a little bit before working again?"

Erin shook her head, "no, I need to work, I need to work until I can't." She started working. She was sweating and liked about to pass out.

"Why are you being so hard on yourself, all of a sudden?" Emma asked, genuinely concerned for Erin's safety "You're going to burn yourself out, and then you won't be able to work at all for quite a while."

Erin looked down, "I got the ropes, I'm going to use them!" She coughed and kept at it. She gripped one log and started to sweat, groaning, "Just... I need a minute, then I'll be fine."

"Okay, you can use them, but I really recommend you rest for a while, for your own sake." Emma told her. She felt her gut wrench as she started to produce a paralytic poison, hoping she wouldn't need it, but still anticipating using it if Erin refused to back down.

Erin groaned and she kept working, "I'm going to keep going..." She started ot move and whimpered, feeilng tired but not sure if she should stop.

(Wait a second, Emma's Human now xD Whoops. I keep getting confused on that.)

Emma walked over to Erin and put her hand on her shoulder "Erin. I insist you stop working and get some rest. What are you hoping to accomplish, here?"

Erin looked down, "I don't knwo what I hope to prove..." She sighed, sitting down on a log and groaning, "Gahh..."

Emma sat down next to Erin "Then why on Earth are you pushing yourself so hard? You have no reason to be doing this to yourself."

Erin looked down, "Look at you. You're a former Lamia. You're stronger, faster, better than me. I need ot pull my weight, otherwise I'm not doing my part."

"Really? At least you have experience being a Human, I'm still getting used to the whole 'Having legs and eating every day' thing you have going on." Emma replied "And furthermore, where was this back before we transformed? You seemed to be doing just fine then."

She looked down, "I just... forget it, itn'st nothing that important right now. Just... just let's go do some stuff." She walked over and laid down, groaning.

Emma nodded "Alright. Not right now, though. You need to rest." She told Erin once again. After seeing her work herself pretty much to complete exhaustion, Emma wanted to make absolutely sure that she was resting and not working anymore.

Erin sighed and nodded, "Gah... I'll go to sleep." She curled up and groaned, falling into a fitful and very uneasy sleep.

Emma sighed as she watched Erin sleep. She wished she could help more, but she didn't know what was wrong with the girl, so she couldn't. The only thing she could think of to do was lay down with her and hug her in an attempt to calm her down. So she did.

Groaning, Erin turned aorund adn she whisepred, "Are you still awake Emma?" She whimpered, feeling a little bad.

"I... I feel like a failure to you." Erin shivered, whimpering a little bit, "I'm just... I feel really bad..."

Emma blinked. She couldn't give any indication that Erin was a failure. Nor could she recall anything that could make her think that way "A failure? How are you a failure?"

Erin looked down, "I failed my dad, I failed you. I should've kept you safe. If I wasn't asleep, this woudln't have happened. We'd be fine."

Emma raised an eyebrow "If you weren't asleep? Are you saying you knew that this was going to happen, when it was going to happen, and who was going to do it?"

Erin nodded, but then she sighed, "Okay, I don't know right now..." She groaned, closing her eyes and whimpering a little bit.

"I wasn't talking about right now, I was talking about back then..." Emma mumbled to herself. There was a difference, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back