• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy SLEEPWALK ♥ Apocalypse LONG TERM Roleplay! (with a twist)

Azza

Tropically Grown Trash
--------- S L E E P W A L K ---------

A post apocalypse world overtaken by Shadow animals, simply called ‘Creatures’. These Creatures plague the world, eating anything they can get their paws on. Especially humans. They are highly aggressive, and tore apart most of the world. However, humans still survive. There are havens across the world, far in between but still there. Humans have closed off certain places like football stadiums, prisons, and apartment buildings for havens. One such small haven is lovingly nicknamed ‘Sleepwalk’ after the founder found it running from Phantoms after sleepwalking away from his camp. Sleepwalk Haven is a medium sized high-school with large fencing, that has been closed off and guarded from Creatures. Sleepwalk haven is consistent with around 60 people, mostly all young adults. They have a steady supply of guns and ammo, along with the food they scavenge. Everything seems okay, until one member summons a group of Reverents, wanting them to destroy Sleepwalk Haven.

THEN IT BECOMES
IT BECOMES
IT BECOMES
A PROBLEM

---------------------------------------------

Hello! This roleplay is an Apocalypse rp with a twist. This role-play would need around ACTIVE people wanting to participate in a role-play that will continue for awhile. I'm not sure how many people I want, so I will see how much of an interest it gets! This role-play will be on-site, but the OOC will be on Discord and you must be able to join! This will be so we can communicate if people have any questions n' such. I do need certain slots filled! These slots will require the person claiming them to be able to plot with me in discord to figure out their character and motives. However this doesn't mean that these characters are the main characters, everyone's character is important and contributes to the role-play! This role-play HEAVILY encourages creativity! Please be creative with your character! If you think of something cool for a character, tell me and I'll love to help you plot it out. If you don't claim a slot, you'll be able create a human that lives at Sleepwalk Haven. Get creative! Do they do guard duty? Whats their favorite weapon? I also would really love to make some friends! So if you join be prepared to do OOC as well as RP! :3

(I don't own any of the images! I found them on google sorry!)

A twist on the zombie apocalypse. Despite being shadowy, they can be touched and killed. All ‘Creatures’ bleed black blood.

The most common one are Phantoms, which are shadowy dogs that hunt down living humans and consume them. They’re almost like zombies, and will eat anything that they can catch. Commonly seen in packs of 3-4, however loners aren’t uncommon. However, loners usually will flee if they spot a human group. Despite being shadowy, they can be touched and killed. While their body is shadow, they have long sharp claws and large canines that rip apart enemies. They have a large creepy grin on their faces.
21554aa4abd6a28f649afe3cd5159c03.jpg

A more dangerous version of a Phantom is a Shade, which is a large wolf-like creature that stands around 4ft tall when standing on their four legs. They’re uncommon, but dangerous. Super aggressive, and will attack even if they’re alone. They have large canines, and claws.

150e432c6e35394c7d9ba42b09bd6059.png

A Wraith is a coyote-looking creature. It never attacks first, and instead if it sees you it will let out an ear piercing screech, this screech can be heard from very far away and causes nearby Creatures to come running to that location. If a Wraith sees you, kill it before it screeches or run and hide. Wraiths usually stick by packs of Phantoms, since they are known to be scavengers. Wraiths are attracted to shiny items as well, so if you leave your items or food around outside you might get it stolen by a Wraith. If you’re really stealthy, you can follow a Wraith to their secret stash of food and items they’re storing. Have small sharp teeth.

d1d35ce0b0371b142c1993ebbe2f21c3-jpg.814826

The most dangerous, and rare, is a Reverent. They’re almost werewolf-like, and stand on two back legs. Each one’s true form is different. They tend to have wolf-like skull faces, however every Reverent has a unique skull. These are rare, since only a human can summon one. The only way to summon a Reverent is to kill a human, and make a little known ritual out of its bones and blood and offer them a human body to take. Reverent can take the form of the first human they eat, which merges a small portion of the human’s soul with the Reverent and allows the Reverent to look like them. The Reverent is the one in control of their new body, and their personality can be slightly changed by the human they merged with. The Reverent will get the human's memories up to 24 hours before, however everything else is lost. Reverents are weak to damage, so they usually use this ability to merge with human groups and slowly destroy them from the inside out by killing humans who are alone. They have the longest claws, and their skulls tend to have very sharp teeth. In human form, they bleed red, unlike their true form which bleeds black. They only eat humans in their true form.

110f80d4706b3cee6b3be3c01ffa0489.png
{except anthro}

(once again I do not claim these wonderful pieces of art <3)

(ALL TAKEN! PLEASE MAKE A UNIQUE CHARACTER USING THE FORM IN 'HOW TO JOIN' ❤️)

THE SUMMONER/THE LEAD REVERENT (taken)
This person will play as the angry person who summons the group of Reverents. Upon summoning them, he offers his body to the leader in trade for him destroying Sleepwalk Haven. The summoner will die, so you'll only need to rp one character afterwards! He also offers two tied up people that use to be his friends, saying he wants to be their friends even in death. Said friends did not consent to being sacrificed, and will struggle. This is a unique role, for I'm letting you decide why the summoner character wants to destroy Sleepwalk Haven. You must enjoy roleplaying evil characters/developing them! The Lead Reverent is interested in keeping the other Reverents alive, and cares about them. However he has little to no care for the humans, and only cares about them to blend in. The biggest Reverent. You decide the rest! What does his True Form look like? What did the Summoner look like? Does the Reverent like his human form? Etc. Preferred to be Male

THE SECOND REVERENT/THE FRIEND (taken)

A good turned evil character! In order to claim this, you must enjoy role-playing evil characters! Make them interesting, and 3D! Make them be as unique as possible. This person is one of the 'friends' of the summoner, who he has drugged and tied up to offer to the Second Reverent. Upon being sacrificed, you become evil and rp only the Second Reverent! What does their true form look like?

THE REVERENT RUNT/THE FRIEND (taken by me)
The third reverent! This reverent is the smallest, and is a runt. However this doesn't mean the other Reverents treat them badly, in fact they're more protective of the runt. Even when the Reverents take their human forms, they still take care and protect the Reverent Runt. This character was another friend who was drugged, tied up, and sacrificed to the Reverents.

SLEEPWALK HAVEN LEADER (taken)
The leader of Sleepwalk Haven. They manage patrols, rations, and do role-call every morning to make sure everyone is okay. Whenever someone dies, gets injured, or need to talk to an offical, they talk to this character. Upon noticing that people are disapearring, this character will be the one trying to find the killers and get rid of the Reverents. Get creative! Why haven't the Reverents sneak killed you first? You can plot with the Reverent leader to figure this out!

MEDIC (taken)
Medic will heal people when they get injured, and knows the most about medical.

There will be 2 threads at first, the main thread that will be opened for anyone who gets accepted to jump into, and the 'Prologue' Thread, which will be a private rp between the Summoner and Reverents. (Aka a closed 3 person rp!) This will be open for anyone to read, so people can understand what led up to the Reverents sneaking into Sleepwalk Haven. No one knows/will suspect that Reverents are among them until things start going to hell! The public rp will start out with the Sleepwalk Haven leader doing rolecall in the morning, and noticing a person (the person sacrificed for the ritual to summon the Reverents) is missing. The Sleep Walk Haven leader can decide what to do from here, either call a meeting in the Multipurpose room, keep it secret, or go on a detective hunt asking other characters where they went!
Depending on what they choose, the rp will go from there. The Reverents will occasionally start killing NPCs (unless someone wants to sacrifice their character to die) to feed themselves, causing people to become fearful.
I will occasionally make posts furthering the plot, such as changes to the environment or something that effects everyone. However don't be afraid to do things yourself! I want everyone to be able to forward the plot.

its-a-map-png.813591

THE UNITS
The numbered rooms are all 'units', which is basically where everyone sleeps. Every unit is a group that sticks together, going on patrols together and hunting together. Everyone has a number assigned to them that corresponds to their unit.

MULTIPURPOSE ROOM
This is where the Sleepwalk Haven leader will call meetings when they need to announce something or talk to everyone about something important. This is also where some gym equipment is, and you can go there to train.

MEDICAL BAY
This is where the medic tends to people who get injured. All the medical supplies are in here, so it's constantly guarded by trusted guards.

CAFETERIA
Every morning everyone gathers here for breakfast, and is when the Sleepwalk Haven leader can do role-call to make sure everyone is present. A bulletin is also hung on the wall, saying which units are doing patrols, scavenging runs, and guard duty for the day. This is usually done the night before by The Sleephaven Leader.

STORAGE
A metal shed where the haven's ammo, guns, food, and everything they need is stored. Guarded by trusted guards, and very hard to get into. When certain units are picked for scavenger duty, they get handed a backpack with a gun, ammo, a knife, and water. They're expected to return the backpacks with any leftover stuff and things they scavenged to the guards at storage.

RESTROOMS
Bathrooms. Yup.

LIBRARY
(yes I know I misspelled this in the map) A small library filled with mostly highschool level books, history books, and textbooks. This is monitored by guards to make sure people don't destroy the books since they're the only books Sleepwalk Haven has.

STAFF ROOM
This is where the Sleephaven Leader works, where he has all his important stuff and things and where the intercom system is so he can call meetings.

CLOSED OFF
A room where Phantoms kept getting through into the camp somehow. Many people looked over the rooms and couldn't find how, so they just closed off the whole set. The rooms are all boarded up, and guarded. No one is allowed in.

(Reverents might have troubles adjusting to this routine as they aren't use to it)

7AM: Wake Up Call, everyone must get up and be at the Cafeteria by 8pm for breakfast and role call.

8AM: Breakfast and Role-call, the Sleephaven leader goes around and makes sure everyone is present. This is also when people can check the bulletin, which says which units are going out on patrol/scavenging parties.

9AM: Free-time for those who aren't picked to go on outings. Those who are must report to the storage room at this time to get their supplies for the day. Afterwards, they'll report to the leader to get instructions of where to patrol/scavenge.

6PM: Everyone who went out are expected to return by this time. If they don't return by the next day, a search party will be sent out for them first thing in the morning.

7PM: Dinner in Cafeteria

10PM: Curfew, everyone must be in their units by this time. (unless they're assigned guard duty.)

-Be nice!

-Must be literate! (I don't expect an entire novel every post, but at least a good attempt at a paragraph!)

-Must be active, if you take an important slot and can't rp it anymore please let me know! If you're inactive for to long, you'll lose your character! (i'll message you before I do that of course!) Must be able to post at least once a week! <3 (if you can't do that, or something comes up let me know!)

-If you lose interest, please let me know so we can work something out!

-Try to include other people! If someone doesn't respond for a couple of days after you interacted with them you can move on ^^

-You can do things to forward the plot, but nothing super major like the walls crashing and phantoms flooding in and everyone dying lmao

-NO META ROLEPLAYING. You cannot just have your character suddenly be like 'oh that person is the reverent!' without proper in RP evidence. If you want to confront the Reverent, you should talk to the rper first and plot something out!

-Rp Fair! <3

Interested in joining? Awesome! Make sure you read all the information provided and fill out one of these forms:

CLAIMING A SLOT
Do you understand and accept the rules?:
Do you have an idea for the character?:
If you get accepted will you join the OOC discord?:
Are you willing to communicate with me via discord about the character you're creating?:
What is YOUR favorite dinosaur??:
RP Example (3-4 sentences):

MAKING A UNIQUE CHARACTER
Do you understand and accept the rules?:
If you get accepted will you join the OOC discord?:
Character Name:
Pronouns:
Sexuality(optional):
Appearance:
Personality(optional):
How did they find Sleepwalk Haven?:
Any other info?:
What is YOUR favorite dinosaur??:
RP Example (3-4 Sentences):

Upon being accepted I'll assign you a unit!

If you have any questions, please ask!

Last edited:
I'd be interested in reserving the The Summoner/Lead Reverent position if things kick off!

Im interested! :U sort of want to be a guard or scavenger

awesome! scavenger and guard duty is a job randomly assigned to people every day! Feel free to fill out the form :3
Should i fill it out here? Or is there a CS section c:

Heyo! The medic role is now open, so if you're someone who would like such an important role please sign up! ❤️❤️❤️

bump! (while all the major roles are taken we still need roleplayers to join us!!)

Hopefully this is still around until I’m able to make a character, as I’m interested in trying this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back