• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Slayers - OOC

Characters
Here
Hello everyone. I'm thinking of playing the Eotran Monk. I'm gonna prioritize speed and probably going to favor bare handed punches and kicks instead of weapons. Do some grappling maybe.

Grey Grey Could you elaborate some on how the Eotran are "fishes out of water" outside of their monestary?

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of playing the Eotran Monk. I'm gonna prioritize speed and probably going to favor bare handed punches and kicks instead of weapons. Do some grappling maybe.

Grey Grey Could you elaborate some on how the Eotran are "fishes out of water" outside of their monestary?

You'll want to go with Iron Warrior style there.

Eotran Monks are typically chosen while still very young - under 10, generally - and are often orphans from the serf class. As such, they've only had a child's experience of the world before they're brought to the island and subjected to years of training, meditation, and study. They don't go out on pilgrimage until age 21, give or take (orphans from an illiterate population where age in years is less relevant than certain social milestones rarely know their exact age), by which point what memory they have of the wider world is vestigial.
They do get taught some things to be able to conduct themselves in the outside world but there's only so much scrolls and teachers can do to prepare you.

I know Meredith is dealing with Things and Exams right now but how about the rest of ye?

like 50% done with my draft character sheet. Was up late working on it last night so I hope I didn't screw up the skills too much

More importantly how're all of you? I don't know anyone other than Grey but it'd be nice to get to know y'all a little before we start playing.

I'm drafting, but it's hardly done yet.

Hi, I'm Meredith! It's nice to meet you. I'm doing pretty well--pretty much just finished with my uni stuff. Excited to have some time to write, been doing good comparatively ✨
How about you! What's been going on in your life?

I'm Wixard here(obviously) or Krow / Tedious Krow elsewhere. Started working on preparations for a vegetable garden with my wife today. She's had her heart set on having one for a while and I really want to make sure she gets one this year. Slowly editing my draft novel with just enough of an idea what I'm doing to be intimidated by my own standards.

General overview of things: Unemployment is hard, family (my wife's family, specifically, since I moved cross country to get to know them) is delightful-if-occasionally-frustrating. My side of the family is too far away to irritate me and I miss them. Kind of obsessed with Helldivers 2 atm.

I was busy over the weekend, doing some necessary psychological recharging.
Updates on various things as need it uhhh soon.

Curious to know what your preferred methods of recharging are (when you get back around to here). I sort of cycle through mine cause my head is a clutterscape. It can't decide what it wants half the time, and the other half what it wants isn't what it needs.

Mostly I avoid all human interaction for a day or so and sleep for 12-14 hours to make up for my terrible sleeping habits on workdays, other times cannot be discussed on a Good Christian Website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back