Video Games Skyrim Modding

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
Anyone have any really good Skyrim mods that they recommend?

And also, most of my mods I get from Nexus, plus some from Steam, but are there any other good places to find mods for Skyrim?

I just so happen to be playing a runthrough of Skyrim that's pimped out with mods, and there's quite a few that I'd recommend. (All these are for special edition, but should have oldrim versions too)

• Ordinator - adds tons more perks and optionally more perk points per level.

• TK Dodge - adds a dodging mechanic so you're not just standing there hacking away at an enemy until one of you dies.

• Wildcat - adds dynamic combat systems like more damage from behind, timed shield blocking bonuses, and also lets you change the damage modifiers for each difficulty. It's also completely modular so you can choose which aspects of the mod you want.

• Frostfall - adds hypothermia to the game, wading through frozen rivers or spending too long in the snow now has penalities.

• Wet and Cold - adds visible cold breath and wet clothing effects.

• Blowing in the wind - lanterns and signs now rock back in forth in the wind and just generally look cool.

• PC head tracking - makes your character actually look at NPCs who are talking to you and has some other features that make you feel less like terminator.

• FNIS Player exclusive animations - lets your character have their own animations without other NPCs mimicking you.

• VHR / Vannila Hair Replacer - the vanilla hair in Skyrim is goofy as hell and thankfully this mod makes them look much more realistic without deviating from the original style.

• Total character makeover - makes NPCs and the player look like actual humans.

• Improved close faced helmets - NPCs wearing helmets no longer look soulless.

• Helmet toggle - have the bonuses of wearing a helmet without it obstructing your character's face.

• Violens - configurable combat animations that makes killing stuff way more satisfying.

Other than the Nexus, you can find mods on Loverslab, but they tend to be- uhhh, less lore friendly than most.

PS4 Skyrim player here just dropping in to share how lucky you guys are. I hate that Sony doesn't allow for scripting alteration and texture changes in their API. Admittedly some of the mods are astounding for the PS4 given this fact, but I wish it were as extensive as PC / XB1

I just so happen to be playing a runthrough of Skyrim that's pimped out with mods, and there's quite a few that I'd recommend. (All these are for special edition, but should have oldrim versions too)

• Ordinator - adds tons more perks and optionally more perk points per level.

• TK Dodge - adds a dodging mechanic so you're not just standing there hacking away at an enemy until one of you dies.

• Wildcat - adds dynamic combat systems like more damage from behind, timed shield blocking bonuses, and also lets you change the damage modifiers for each difficulty. It's also completely modular so you can choose which aspects of the mod you want.

• Frostfall - adds hypothermia to the game, wading through frozen rivers or spending too long in the snow now has penalities.

• Wet and Cold - adds visible cold breath and wet clothing effects.

• Blowing in the wind - lanterns and signs now rock back in forth in the wind and just generally look cool.

• PC head tracking - makes your character actually look at NPCs who are talking to you and has some other features that make you feel less like terminator.

• FNIS Player exclusive animations - lets your character have their own animations without other NPCs mimicking you.

• VHR / Vannila Hair Replacer - the vanilla hair in Skyrim is goofy as hell and thankfully this mod makes them look much more realistic without deviating from the original style.

• Total character makeover - makes NPCs and the player look like actual humans.

• Improved close faced helmets - NPCs wearing helmets no longer look soulless.

• Helmet toggle - have the bonuses of wearing a helmet without it obstructing your character's face.

• Violens - configurable combat animations that makes killing stuff way more satisfying.

Other than the Nexus, you can find mods on Loverslab, but they tend to be- uhhh, less lore friendly than most.

Out of all those listed, I only have Violens. A lot of my mods are not lore friendly (not in the manner of loverslab, mind you), but I have made my game unstable to the point that I have to deal with regular crashes. I might clear out my mods at some point and start over, in which case I’ll keep these in mind.

Ah, and I am playing oldrim, not special edition.

I'm on Xbox, but -

- Alternate Start: Live Another Life. If you're anything like me and can't stick to a single playthrough but hate going through the intro every time you want to create a new character this mod is super helpful. This mod means you can skip the intro and jump right into it, and pick what kind of start you want your character to have (if they're in a guild, if they've just gotten off a ship, if they're living in an orc stronghold, etc.) so it's pretty cool.

- Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Apparently this team is just trying to build the entirety of Cyrodil in Skyrim.. this mod adds Bruma into the game, and quality wise it's honestly on par with the actual game. Fully voice acted, too.

- Mihail Monsters. This isn't one mod, it's a bunch of them, but I believe there is one you can get that just adds a bunch of monsters into the game. Anyway, this guy called Mihail has a huge set of mods adding all manor of new creatures into the game. I think they're all supposed to be lore friendly too?

- Clockwork. A quest mod, unfortunately I'm kind of only recommending the first half.. The opening bit of the mod is actually really creepy and fun, and then after that you get to meet these weird sentient Dwemer machines and get a pretty cool player home. Buuut the rest of it is kind of a slog. I mean, you have to go into Dwemer ruins, so you can already guess it's gonna be kinda tedious lol. But the first half is genuinely pretty great!

- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul. Basically just overhauls the dialogue system so that it's a bit more fresh, I guess. It's still Skyrim so there's still a lot of awkwardness but hey, every little helps

Also wearable lanterns. It's not a huge thing it just gives you lil lanterns you can craft and wear, and I just think that's really cute..

Can't remember off the top of my head how many of these require special edition, unfortunately.

I'm on Xbox, but -

- Alternate Start: Live Another Life. If you're anything like me and can't stick to a single playthrough but hate going through the intro every time you want to create a new character this mod is super helpful. This mod means you can skip the intro and jump right into it, and pick what kind of start you want your character to have (if they're in a guild, if they've just gotten off a ship, if they're living in an orc stronghold, etc.) so it's pretty cool.

- Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Apparently this team is just trying to build the entirety of Cyrodil in Skyrim.. this mod adds Bruma into the game, and quality wise it's honestly on par with the actual game. Fully voice acted, too.

- Mihail Monsters. This isn't one mod, it's a bunch of them, but I believe there is one you can get that just adds a bunch of monsters into the game. Anyway, this guy called Mihail has a huge set of mods adding all manor of new creatures into the game. I think they're all supposed to be lore friendly too?

- Clockwork. A quest mod, unfortunately I'm kind of only recommending the first half.. The opening bit of the mod is actually really creepy and fun, and then after that you get to meet these weird sentient Dwemer machines and get a pretty cool player home. Buuut the rest of it is kind of a slog. I mean, you have to go into Dwemer ruins, so you can already guess it's gonna be kinda tedious lol. But the first half is genuinely pretty great!

- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul. Basically just overhauls the dialogue system so that it's a bit more fresh, I guess. It's still Skyrim so there's still a lot of awkwardness but hey, every little helps

Also wearable lanterns. It's not a huge thing it just gives you lil lanterns you can craft and wear, and I just think that's really cute..

Can't remember off the top of my head how many of these require special edition, unfortunately.
I have Alternate Start, but I might have a different version because it just drops me off someplace random after I pick a class. I also have the dialog overhaul. I'll be sure to look into the other ones.

I highly recommend Enderal: Forgotten Stories. It's a bit of an overhaul and brand new world + campaign with voice acting, sidequests, etc. etc. Has nothing to do with TES lore, though.

I have Alternate Start, but I might have a different version because it just drops me off someplace random after I pick a class. I also have the dialog overhaul. I'll be sure to look into the other ones.

Skyrim Unbound is pretty good, it lets you pick any of the major towns or cities in the game to start from, and you can even decide if you want to play as the dragonborn or just a regular dude.

Anyone have any really good Skyrim mods that they recommend?

And also, most of my mods I get from Nexus, plus some from Steam, but are there any other good places to find mods for Skyrim?
Inigo and Vilja are the best company i could ask for.

Wet and Cold and Footprints should have been in the game since the beginning.

The Unofficial Patches are always in the background , fixing things that Bethesda should have years ago.

Immersive Weapons and Armor add so much content that could have been a DLC of their own.

And of course SMIM bringing up meshes and textures to current-gen quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back