• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Skypirates: Discussion

Zelmalic

For use by players of the RP Skypirates: A New World. If we really get on the ball I can create a discord or skype for faster discussion, but lets play it by ear for now.

Feel free to ask questions, talk with your fellow crewmates, and otherwise have fun.

hmm.. Do we know any details about the ship? Is it in good condition or bad condition, high defensive capabilities or high manoeuvrability or stuff. I'd be keen to know as it would help me on writing my first post : 3

Ship stats were supposed to be posted last night, that is my mistake and the supplementary stuff will be posted tonight. Soon as I can get home

no problem, I'm actually starting to work on the post now. Question, how much backstory do you have for flight frames? like is there anything specific about them besides they are flying mechs? or are you leaving that up to the players?

no problem, I'm actually starting to work on the post now. Question, how much backstory do you have for flight frames? like is there anything specific about them besides they are flying mechs? or are you leaving that up to the players?

In game there is debate if they are old world technology or created by the Founders, but most people in the game agree that their purpose under the Founder's was to maintain ships in flight and service unreachable parts of the float systems that keep the floating lands in the air. But they were repurposed into war machines hundreds of years ago. Current day Frames run the gambit of big and clunky to sleak and style focused depending on what they are armed to do. Older doesn't exactly mean worse, as Old World Tech still beats out most military advancement even to the current day, mainly due to the fact the Founder's tried to create a society without warfare in order to try and prevent humanities utter extinction.

But if you need to add something to fit it to work for you go ahead so long as its not utterly story breaking.

Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

alright, I was just asking cause i sorta let my mind run wild and took my favorite mechs and turned them into a Flight Frame production series. If you look up the Muv Luv series. mainly total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken you'll get a good idea.

alright, I was just asking cause i sorta let my mind run wild and took my favorite mechs and turned them into a Flight Frame production series. If you look up the Muv Luv series. mainly total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken you'll get a good idea.

You should be fine so long as you don't go all Gurren Lagann on us.

great show. but no. its just the engineering aspects. I just love how the Mechs in the Mv Luv series look. and how they move based on their pivoting engines at the waist. so crazy bullshit can be pulled off that isn't that OP. also, every one of thats series mechs is based off of an actual aircraft. the one I'm using for example. the F-4 Phantom. which makes describing their specs that much easier. sorry if I'm going on a rant. Its past midnight and i am really tired.

great show. but no. its just the engineering aspects. I just love how the Mechs in the Mv Luv series look. and how they move based on their pivoting engines at the waist. so crazy bullshit can be pulled off that isn't that OP. also, every one of thats series mechs is based off of an actual aircraft. the one I'm using for example. the F-4 Phantom. which makes describing their specs that much easier. sorry if I'm going on a rant. Its past midnight and i am really tired.
Its fine my friend, I can't wait to see it in action but don't push yourself too hard.

1)Banderhobb-Huge, Stealthy, and Deadly. A toad like monster made of shadow and flesh from D&D
2)Waschbär-Raccoon. We could totally become trash panda pirates. Cute.
3)Callahan-Callahan Full-bore Auto-Lock, a gun used by Jayne Cobb. He called her Vera.

By the by what would our ships prefix be? e.g. SS, USS, HMS

Goodness, I just remembered the existence of the OOC chat. I've just been absentmindedly waiting for Cychotic to reply in the main thread, or I suppose any crew members who haven't posted yet, I'm not sure who has/hasn't.

Anyway, as far as ship names... perhaps,
1. The Libertas
2. The Stercus
3. The Acheron

Side note, Cychotic Cychotic I'm rather disappointed you changed your profile pic. Your last one was adorable D=

Goodness, I just remembered the existence of the OOC chat. I've just been absentmindedly waiting for Cychotic to reply in the main thread, or I suppose any crew members who haven't posted yet, I'm not sure who has/hasn't.

Anyway, as far as ship names... perhaps,
1. The Libertas
2. The Stercus
3. The Acheron

Side note, Cychotic Cychotic I'm rather disappointed you changed your profile pic. Your last one was adorable D=
O lord apologies for that! I've just been waiting for the others to post before addressing everyone at once.

And thank you for the compliment of my old icon :> I'll try to find a new one that is just as adorable c:

Last edited:
Things have been rather quiet. Can I get a update on things? I was kind of leaving some time for characters to interact and meet up, you know mingle before the real story started. We can jump into actual flight if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back