• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Skylark [dragon riders RP?]

Plannit

Bin Wizard

111c84dab236d7f76155634f8f125a61.jpg

Skylark, the vast land of cliffs and sea. This beautiful region is home to the city of Feinroost, a sprawling, vibrant city heralded as the birthplace of the Dragon riders. Resting at the peak of the mountain this city is built upon is the fabled Firenest tower, an enormous structure built to house and train dragons and dragon riders alike. While not all riders choose to train to join the Royal Guard, if there comes a time where attack is imminent they are required to fight for Feinroost alongside them.

Riders
Not just anyone can become a rider. It takes a special connection, this connection makes it's appearance in the form of a mark(an 'S' like shape) on the person's palm which appears when they come into contact with the Dragon bound with them. Most often riders will feel a draw towards their Dragon, some sort of subconscious pull that leads them to the right egg.
Riders do not posess magic of any kind.

Dragons
A Dragon bound to a rider will not hatch until it comes into contact with said rider.
In this world, dragons cannot communicate through words or telepathy, despite this they share an emotional bond when nearby their rider and occasionally far apart when in dire situations.
All dragons are scaly with membranous wings and four legs, though some may grow a furry mane down their necks and backs.
Dragons breath fire due to an organ in their throat which emits and throws flames.

---

Well, after a recent binge of a couple of book series(namely Pern and Eragon) I found myself wondering how a Dragon rider RP would play out. That, and if anyone else would be interested in such a concept.

Your thoughts?​

I love dragons. This seems like it could be pretty interestin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back