• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Sky Dreamer (OOC & Discussion)

Character Sheet

Name:
Diego Delgado
Height:
5'7
Physical Appearance:
Diego has all the Delgado classics - his hair is jet black and extremely curly, though thicker than most of his relatives; his short stature does nothing to help the fact that he is clearly out of shape, and should consider putting the burger down; and, most distinctly, the Delgado green eyes. They are the feature he is most proud of, and he describes them as his mother used to - his Delgado Jewels.

Aside from that, Diego has a very noticeable blemish on his forehead - a scar from his childhood, and though he has no recollection of the event he was told he fell off a hover scooter and had quite the unfortunate landing. His two front teeth are both cracked, probably from playing wargames in his youth.

His cargo tech uniform is very well fitted and taken care of, aside from a stain from some sort of sauce on his left leg. He also wears glasses, as he has never been able to afford surgery to fix his awful eyesight.

Personality:
Diego is a man of few words, preferring instead to rely on his thoughts. Indeed, he is a very profound thinker, and in a more civilized age he may have made quite the philosopher. Instead, he finds the dull of day to day conversations boring. Rarely will he meet someone who he finds interesting enough to have a truly thoughtful conversation with. He isn't necessarily awkward, though, or particularly mean. He just has little to say and speaks deliberately and with purpose.

That said, he has quite the sense of humor, though the cruelness of it is also a factor to his quiet demeanor. Many people have been offended by Diego telling the wrong joke to the wrong person. Sometimes he can't resist to take advantage of someone's misery, or even his own, to crack a solid joke.

He is also a very spiritual man, and finds power in family blood and in history. Diego believe that all of his fallen ancestors and family members are with him still, and they will guide him wherever the Delgado journey requires him.

Formerly a janitor on Mars, now a cargo tech of the Traverse.
Crew Position:
Cargotech
History:
Diego Delgado was raised on a terraformed Mars. The Delgados first arrived on Mars as one of the very first to settle there, and they would be a major player of the first few years of Mars' colonization. However, as time went on the Delgados slowly lost their power, eventually joining the poor in the squalor of Mars' industrial complex. The Delgados never forgot where they came from, however, and it is a building block of Diego's identity. Family is everything.

He was the youngest of seven children, though aside from his eldest brother Jesus, all perished at a young age. This left the two brothers alone, and they became very close, especially after the death of their father in The War. After his death, the brothers were left to care for Mama Marina. Diego himself worked two jobs, both as janitors, to help meet ends meet.

Unfortunately, Mama Marina passed away, leaving Diego and Jesus with nothing to care for on Mars. Without family or anything on the formerly red planet, the two decided to explore the stars, joining the Traverse as cargo techs.

Name: Jesus (Hay-soos) Delgado
Height:
5'4"
Physical Appearance:
Jesus Delgado has heavy hands, skin weathered and cracked from use throughout the years. His body is strong and stout, tempered by physical activity. Jesus has the strong appetite found in all Delgado men, though, so his muscles are sheathed in a thick layer of fat. He appears and is at least a little bit overweight, but he is still capable and in hearty condition. His brows are thick and sit proudly atop his weary eyes. Beneath his strong nose he sports a goatee that tightly frames his mouth. His face is wrinkled, and his skin tanned an orange-red hue from many hours spent in sunlight. His hair is short, ink black, and curly. Starkly contrasting, his eyes are a pale green. The Delgado blood runs strongly in his veins! Since joining the crew of the Traverse, he has not changed out of his Cargo Tech uniform and pays little mind to its condition.
somethinglikethis.jpeg

Personality: Jesus is a jovial man, often loud and boisterous and happy. He talks a lot, never missing an opportunity to open his mouth. He can tend to be petty about little things, or make offhand remarks that are passive aggressive or unseemly. But despite the slurry of sentences he spews, he doesn't seem to have a lot going on "up there." He's a bit of a slow thinker, and doesn't have any room in his head for things that aren't important. He takes his work very seriously. He does not slack off or tolerate anyone who looks down on the work he does. He is very proud of himself, his family, and his lineage. He loves strongly and is very protective of his little brother Diego. When Jesus isn't focused on work or carrying out a task, he can actually be quite sloppy and sometimes clumsy. He keeps himself well groomed above the neck, but he doesn't care one bit about how disheveled he might look below it. He doesn't put as much stock in the spiritual as he knows his brother Diego does, but he humors it and still believes in "The Delgado Destiny."

Blue collar: construction work, sanitation tech, garbage disposal, warehouse/factory work. He looks back fondly on the time he spent as a janitor.
Crew Position:
Cargo tech

History:
The Delgado family was one of the first to settle on a terraformed Mars. They brought with them strong culture and tradition that has survived to this day in the family's two surviving members. Despite the Delgado family's fall from grace, any Delgado would brag about how their family "conquered Mars." There does not exist a Delgado today who isn't proud to be a Delgado.

Jesus was born the first of seven children. Five of which died before the age of six. He turned ten years old before his brother was born, shortly after his father left to fight "The War." Every Delgado man fights "The War" one day, and no Delgado man is willing to speak about it. Together with his mother, Marina Delgado, he was raised and aided in raising his only living sibling, Diego Delgado. As they've spent their whole lives together, Jesus is very affectionate towards him. When Mama Marina grew unable to care for herself, Jesus took up the burden alongside Diego and worked tirelessly to support their family.

Now that his mother has passed, Jesus has joined the crew of the Traverse alongside his brother Diego hoping to work his way into exploring the stars.

OK guys, IC is up and everyone's been tagged. Let's make our way into some mind bending cosmic horror! :grinningteeth: May the great Azathoth be with us, lol.

OK guys, IC is up and everyone's been tagged. Let's make our way into some mind bending cosmic horror! :grinningteeth: May the great Azathoth be with us, lol.

It's all fun and games - but after reading the sheets, I genuinely feel sorry for our peeps considering what they are about to go through. 😟

It's all fun and games - but after reading the sheets, I genuinely feel sorry for our peeps considering what they are about to go through. 😟

This will by no means be a slow burn, but we won't be getting into the action straight off the bat. I do want some time to get into good character development between all the players.

Damn, for some reason I didn't get any alerts for the OOC, so I missed all these great new charas and discussion. Gotta be more careful about that, I guess. Anyway, I submitted my IC post, really hyped for this RP!

Damn, for some reason I didn't get any alerts for the OOC, so I missed all these great new charas and discussion. Gotta be more careful about that, I guess. Anyway, I submitted my IC post, really hyped for this RP!

No worries, OOC stuff is easy catch up on. Your first post looks good.

Quick question, what're we doing about NPCs? Can anyone write them (within reason), will you be controlling their actions, or is it a mix?

Please don't feel rushed guys, I just double posted because today is my day off and not much else going on, lol. In regards to your characters and the ensuing inspection, feel free to do your own thing when interacting with the patrol troopers.

I might post again, it's also pretty slow day for me. Might wait until someone else goes, though; I know we're not doing an official posting order (... right?), but I dunno if anyone wants to toss in something force.

I might post again, it's also pretty slow day for me. Might wait until someone else goes, though; I know we're not doing an official posting order (... right?), but I dunno if anyone wants to toss in something force.

No posting order as of now, unless otherwise indicated.

No posting order as of now, unless otherwise indicated.

I adopted the unwritten rule of narrative roleplaying: when no obvious post order is indicated one post per GM action - aka - GM posts and then each of us posts once until GM makes an update and so on. I've seen in some games people make room for more active/eager roleplayers as they dish out more posts in between GM updates, in that way facilitating IC communication/character development and contributing to the health of the game without being smothered passive by pace of others.

I guess that is something to consider?

Tempestus Tempestus in my post I took the liberty to presume that Marv was present at the muster, before you acted ICly. Let me know if you want anything edited.

Last edited:
I adopted the unwritten rule of narrative roleplaying when no obvious post order is indicated - aka - GM posts and then each of us posts once until GM makes an update and so on.

Yeah, same! Sounds good to me. Also, love your character; Silas is so much fun to read about.

Also, I'm operating under the assumption that Marv, Diego, and Jesus are cargotechs on their first run with the Transverse. If this isn't the true, I'll just go back real quick and edit it. (I'm also assuming that Lu-Lee's been on at least one run with the ship before.)

@ tarandus tarandus @ birmiethewormie birmiethewormie Tempestus Tempestus

Yeah, same! Sounds good to me. Also, love your character; Silas is so much fun to read about.

Also, I'm operating under the assumption that Marv, Diego, and Jesus are cargotechs on their first run with the Transverse. If this isn't the true, I'll just go back real quick and edit it. (I'm also assuming that Lu-Lee's been on at least one run with the ship before.)

@ tarandus tarandus @ birmiethewormie birmiethewormie Tempestus Tempestus

As a matter of fact, it's Gabriel 's first run of the Traverse. He was used to piloting newer ships and was surprised Galacti-Corps. saddled him with a much older freighter. Ill work this into a future post.

As a matter of fact, it's Gabriel 's first run of the Traverse.

Cool cool, just made some minor changes to reflect that he's the "new" commander. It'd be fine to say that Lu's flown on the ship before, right? Or is Silas the only crew member who's continued on the ship?

Cool cool, just made some minor changes to reflect that he's the "new" commander. It'd be fine to say that Lu's flown on the ship before, right? Or is Silas the only crew member who's continued on the ship?

No that's fine, the other members could've flown on her before. The crew members could have different relationships as in how long some of them have known each other and how long they've been working for Galacti-Corps. Maybe some of them have flown other missions together before. I had planned on Gabriel being previously acquainted with Silas and Scutter beforehand.

The crew members could have different relationships as in how long some of them have known each other and how long they've been working for Galacti-Corps. Maybe some of them have flown other missions together before.

Sounds great, there's more room for interesting dynamics, then! I was thinking that Lu-Lee's known Silas because she's been on the ship for at least one previous run, and that she knows Kasey decently well, either because he's also been on the ship for the last run—or that they flew together on a previous run. (If it's cool with their writers, of course.) So she's still feeling out the new commander and interested in the new cargo techs, who she only has known during the run so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back