• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Skin to Scales OOC

Ight I have some things to edit for Jason, mostly about his fire and heat manipulation stuff. Also, I need to figure out his backstory ? Or his origin I mean. He's really just a lone wolf rn, going from place to place, grabbing and hording as much money and gold that he can find, fighting people, etc etc

Ahaha, meanwhile I'm brainstorming some ways Jiahao can use his abilities. I've the names of some of his "moves" as well, all of which are in mandarin, and are pretty lackluster (he's the one who named them). One of them's literally "It doesn't matter". Plus he's supposed to be ridiculously intelligent but now all that matters is if I'm intelligent enough to play him. TT

And here I am, finding technicalities and loopholes in the whole dragon scheme while simultaneously wondering how a mute can share the story I have opted not to put in his CS. I have a really good feeling about this RP.

I think an idea has already exceeded expectations if it makes you wonder like that.

That said, I have some more questions (I'm killing you, i'm sorry, but I need to know). If we go with the idea that the human and dragon bodies are separate and interchangeable, then it can be reasoned that the birthmark is the bridge between the two. Hence, would our dragon forms have human shaped birthmarks? Additionally, since they are the bridge, would it be that if something happens to the birthmark, such as a cut, it would translate onto the corresponding form in some way?

I've honestly never thought of it that way. I guess that would make logical sense. But if we're talking 9 foot dragons here, I don't think a small human-shaped birthmark would be the immediate notice to bystanders. More so a thing to reveal to an ally to show trust.

I suppose so, though because they technically aren't the same body, it wouldn't be the full strength wound, more so a toned down version.

^I imagined it as something along those lines as well. That's part of the reason why I had Jiahao's mark be completely hidden from plain sight... As for the human-shaped mark on the characters' counterparts, I don't think it has to be shaped like a human, per se, but it would be cool if they had matching marks to know whose dragon is whose?
EDIT: Oh, are all dragon-bled able to sense one another or are they going to find out about each other over time (not too much time of course, but..)?

(I was thinking that it would make more sense to keep the wounds on their person rather than translate it to the dragon, if we're only talking about something happening to the mark. If the dragon's state were based off the characters' physical state overall, then that's where I could see that happening... Just my two cents, anyways. ;;; )

I still think effecting the marks should influence the opposing form. perhaps a cut, like the example, could leave a scar on the dragon form instead, or something similar like a gap in scales for instance. It should also be considered what the act of transforming does to the human form, especially if partial transformations are to be considered.

The thing is, what if it didn't have to just be where the mark is located? What if it was anywhere on the body? Ultimately it's up to Neko on how they want these connections to function, but it's just a thought. Also, now that you mention it, will there be semi-transformations?

Alright. I've thought all of your two cents and I've come up with this.

General wounds function like I mentioned in my previous reply, the overall physical conditions distantly connected but not quite due to them being seperate bodies.

However, a direct attack on either birthmark will result in something a step up from that, a gap in scales in the dragon form, and a semi-deep cut in the human form, slowly worsening with more attacks on it.

The act of transforming drains a human of energy on a basic level, if they've used a decent amount of breath that's combined with a slight ache in the jaw, mild to severe headache depending on the powers used.... That sort of thing.

Yes. There will be partial transformations. What type of partial is still kind of on the fence for me. Lizard men or humans with horns? It's leaning a bit towards the second at the moment.

Alright. I've thought all of your two cents and I've come up with this.

General wounds function like I mentioned in my previous reply, the overall physical conditions distantly connected but not quite due to them being seperate bodies.

However, a direct attack on either birthmark will result in something a step up from that, a gap in scales in the dragon form, and a semi-deep cut in the human form, slowly worsening with more attacks on it.

The act of transforming drains a human of energy on a basic level, if they've used a decent amount of breath that's combined with a slight ache in the jaw, mild to severe headache depending on the powers used.... That sort of thing.

Yes. There will be partial transformations. What type of partial is still kind of on the fence for me. Lizard men or humans with horns? It's leaning a bit towards the second at the moment.
How about partly scaly with a tail, wings and horns?

Where might the settings in the land be again ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we were supposed to start posting yet, partially because of that reason–that, we don't actually know where this takes place. ;;

How about partly scaly with a tail, wings and horns?
^I second this.

I believe the partial transformations should be case by case, no set demi-dragon form since we all have different dragons as well as different humans.

FoolsErin FoolsErin Is it possible to get a little bit of background information on Pearl City? Or would you prefer if we add onto it over time (via IC posting)?

I'd prefer adding on via IC posting. If a character wants to meet another character in a sandwich shop I haven't created, then I shouldn't be there to stop them.

Yeah, I figured that much. How about general information, though? Is it a crowded city like Seoul or New York City or a more 'toned down' one? Is it near a body of water..?

It's near the ocean, because well, it's named after a pearl, which comes from the ocean.

It used to be a smaller town, but with a desire for sea-side living, it grew into a smaller city, then a medium sized one. It's still a bit toned-down, but at it's growing rate it won't stay like that.

Okay, cool. My last (for now) question is when does the RP start IC–like, is it in July, or sometime in the middle of Winter?

Also. I probably stated this before but if anyone wants to plan something regarding our characters then I'm available. Plus, I have Thursday off this week, if that means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back