Site Name Updates & Subscribing to Forums

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello fellow Pattern Spiders,

This announcement is an update to our previous one about the Future Merger with our Sister Site: The Wayward Inn. At the end of our last announcement, we asked all of you for assistance in helping us decide on the name of our new merged community/forum/site.

After receiving large amounts of feedback from members of both forums, especially Patternspider members, and talking amongst different groups on both sites, the Staff is considering using our current sister site’s name: The Wayward Inn for the merge site’s name.

This is not a final or permanent decision but as of right now it is the only name where a majority of members can agree upon its use. Any other alternatives have brought problems or future endeavors forward, or just weren’t that popular. Thus they were dismissed. Leaving us with The Wayward Inn name as the most suggested name for the merge site.

This announcement is to gauge what acceptance “The Wayward Inn†name has in the Pattern Spider community for the future merged site. While the previous thread has indicated a rather positive regard to the name, we want to make sure that we get a true consensus of the community. So we would like for you to give us your thoughts, feelings and opinions. Just please remember to be considerate of others and also take into the account of other important factors the staff must consider in a site’s name.

Awaiting your responses,

~ The Wayward Inn/Pattern Spider Staff

Side Note - I would also like to say that you can watch/subscribe to entire forums, not just threads! A feature that has been requested for some time now.

Though my favorite "Inn" name is the Shadowy Inn, I wonder if there isn't a mixture compromise out there?

The Wayward Spider does have a nice ring to it and it feels odd to be merged into the other board without an outward acknowledgement of the combination.

Especially given our 20 to 1 member count ratio.

What reason was given for the lack of name change?

[QUOTE="Ker'ion]Though my favorite "Inn" name is the Shadowy Inn, I wonder if there isn't a mixture compromise out there?
The Wayward Spider does have a nice ring to it and it feels odd to be merged into the other board without an outward acknowledgement of the combination.

What reason was given for the lack of name change?

[/QUOTE]
Lack of name change? I don't understand what you mean.

We are not tossing out any possbilites, tallying everything from PMs, Teamspeak, etc, it seems everyone keeps telling us, why not keep The Wayward Inn? Once the sites are merged it won't be an exclusive Exalted site and the Inn is an established general RPing site with a name everyone seems to like. The reason this thread was made was to double check if people wanted to use the Inn's name or not.

I mean the idea is for a name change but if everyone wants that name it's also fine.

Oh. I though you were saying the name changes were considered and the Wayward Inn's name was being chosen.

Your OP seemed to be pointing in that direction.

My bad.

Maybe a poll would help for voting on the possible name variations.

I'm voting for The Wayward Spider, as it merges the two names, sounds decent, and is available.

[QUOTE="Ker'ion]Oh. I though you were saying the name changes were considered and the Wayward Inn's name was being chosen.
Your OP seemed to be pointing in that direction.

My bad.

Maybe a poll would help for voting on the possible name variations.

I'm voting for The Wayward Spider, as it merges the two names, sounds decent, and is available.

[/QUOTE]
We want to allow everyone to voice their opinions in this thread first though.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We want to allow everyone to voice their opinions in this thread though.

[/QUOTE]Very well.
*adopting the Shang Tsung voice*

It has been voiced.

[QUOTE="Ker'ion]Very well.
*adopting the Shang Tsung voice*

It has been voiced.

[/QUOTE]
:D !

I'm ok with the merger provided my username won't have to change.

-cdi

There are fewer than two dozen people alive with whom I share a surname. One of them has the exact same name as me. We sometimes run into each other in the strangest of places.

-cdi

Why don't we try to find a compromise of sorts specifically outside standard RP lore? For example, we could be "The Inn at Worlds' End"

P.S. That is a relatively common name but for actual pubs or inns... and most of them spell it "World's end", I'm more partial to Neil Gaiman's spelling "Worlds'" (Yes, it was on purpose)

Could also be The Tavern at Worlds' End but Inn from Wayward Inn and yadda yadda.

The thing is, we've got all Wayward-Inners saying "Hey Wayward Inn is cool" and all ECRers saying "Hey Patternspider is cool"

Given that we'll be going to a non-Exalted-exclusive forum, I agree that anything speaking only about Exalted is verboten. However, I do like the name "Wayward Spider" as it acknowledges that most of the people here play Exalted among others. Failing that, I would be alright with "Wayward Inn".

Not really a fan of Wayward Inn as new name if I'm to be perfectly frank. Completely ignores the Exalted side of the equation. Pattern Spider is easily my preferred option but Wayward Spider sounds equal parts whimsical and memorable so it'd be an alright runner-up that acknowledges both sides.

[QUOTE="Lord Kamina]The thing is, we've got all Wayward-Inners saying "Hey Wayward Inn is cool" and all ECRers saying "Hey Patternspider is cool"

[/QUOTE]
Frankly, Waywardians who are saying to "Keep the Inn" are not being fully considered in the judgement process. Most Waywardians welcome ether keeping the name or a name change, but our decision brought before you was focused around many conversations and responses from members of both sites. If a name such as the Inn will be used, the Pattern Spider members would be the determining force behind it.

all the posts about a name, I'd quote Shakespeare but nah. I'm loving the new forum subscription thing though ^_^ Was one of the biggest features I missed from before the forum change.

Wayward Spider seems less silly now that I've thought about it a while. I'd be fine with either it or the Wayward Inn, but I think I'm leaning toward the Spider now. To keep some part of our heritage, after all.

It feels like a pattern spider has left the Loom and tried to strike out on its own, which would explain it getting involved in non-Exalted affairs ^_^

As long as the Patternspider.net url still points to the Exalted forums I am fine with the change. No point in losing that link which has lots of returns in search engines, or force me to update my bookmarks.

uteck said:
As long as the Patternspider.net url still points to the Exalted forums I am fine with the change. No point in losing that link which has lots of returns in search engines, or force me to update my bookmarks.
That is the idea :D

I can safely say we won't be using The Wayward Inn as a name.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back