• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~Sinners Rule The World~

[QUOTE="Fallen from Heaven]"Just accept the help, American Boy." Tohko said, "Otherwise, you'll be here all day, dropping towels all over the place. Besides, this is actual work. Singing and dancing... That's not work. That's performing. There's a difference."
"I don't believe we got your name, sir." Suzuka said, "I'm Suzuka Shinohara. These small individuals are my friends, Ayami Kishinuma and Tohko Maizono." The other two were considerably small compared to her but she was older, so that was only to be expected.

"Our idol group is touring the United States of America. It is the first time we've performed outside of Japan, so I don't know how people will react." Suzuka explained.

"They will probably say 'wow, look at the one in the middle. She sings like a bird and dances like a fairy'." Ayami said, confidently.

"No, they will say 'what is going on? I don't speak Japanese!'" Tohko said, and she laughed. The other two laughed with her.

[/QUOTE]
Corrie doesn't say anything in response to Tohko's statements and quietly moves on up the stairs. His ears taking in all she has to say regarding the difference in their works. It isn't until he's spoken to again that he answers. "My name's Corrie..Corrie Randles." Looking up to Suzuka who, like Kenneth, stands taller than himself. He looks to the others as they're named as well and smiles. "You all have such pretty names!" His energetically polite personality returning as strong as ever. The teenage boy adjusts the towels in his arms being supper careful while keeping up with them. "Well I think that's cool! I'll try and get Kenny to let me go to the show! If I'm lucky I'll find a ride by then." He goes on before stopping to listen in on Ayami and Tohko. He soon joins in with their laughter, he hadn't really socialized with anyone besides his grumpy best friend for the past few days. It was a relief.

"I can try and get you a seat, Corrie-kun!" Tohko smiled, "Nobody can resist the Tohko-chan kawaii face!" She smiled widely and made a peace sign with her fingers.

"I'm sure between the three of us, we can get you a seat." Suzuka said, "Though, we have little to no influence in what goes on. We're nothing but pretty faces and sweet voices chosen from a crowd when we were nothing but children." She sounded strangely sad, all of a sudden.

"Don't be so glum, Suzuka!" Ayami said, "If it wasn't for the agency putting our group together, you never would've met Ayami or Tohko or Mitsuki or any of the others. And then, where would you be?"

"At home with my parents, living a normal life." Suzuka said, but she smiled, "You're right, of course, Ayami-chan."

"I see how it is. You're homesick." Tohko smiled, "But you needn't worry, Su. I'll look after you and make sure you don't have time to miss home!" She gave a thumbs up. They reached the top of the stairs and Tohko turned to Corrie.

"If you have to put a towel in each room, does that mean you have a key to each room?" Her eyes widened.

Nivek said:
nivek sighed with the memory of his foster parents. then he just pulled out a news paper from his bag. "here" he said while handing of the paper. the paper siad that the family of three was brutally attacked hospitalizing the two parents and leave the boy with three cracked ribs. it went on in more unseesary detail on the whole thing blaming a guy named kenneth misok.
Watching as he pulled the newspaper from his bag, curiosity builds inside of Violet. At the same time she can feel slight dread at the idea that there would be an article of his foster parents as she carefully takes the pressed paper and looks it over. Reading through it she frowns and continues silently reading. Finishing the paper, she doesn't look up feeling quite sad from the news. "I'm so sorry..." She says quietly before slowly folding the paper back and handing it over.

[QUOTE="Fallen from Heaven]"I can try and get you a seat, Corrie-kun!" Tohko smiled, "Nobody can resist the Tohko-chan kawaii face!" She smiled widely and made a peace sign with her fingers.
"I'm sure between the three of us, we can get you a seat." Suzuka said, "Though, we have little to no influence in what goes on. We're nothing but pretty faces and sweet voices chosen from a crowd when we were nothing but children." She sounded strangely sad, all of a sudden.

"Don't be so glum, Suzuka!" Ayami said, "If it wasn't for the agency putting our group together, you never would've met Ayami or Tohko or Mitsuki or any of the others. And then, where would you be?"

"At home with my parents, living a normal life." Suzuka said, but she smiled, "You're right, of course, Ayami-chan."

"I see how it is. You're homesick." Tohko smiled, "But you needn't worry, Su. I'll look after you and make sure you don't have time to miss home!" She gave a thumbs up. They reached the top of the stairs and Tohko turned to Corrie.

"If you have to put a towel in each room, does that mean you have a key to each room?" Her eyes widened.

[/QUOTE]
Corrie listens to them talk about getting him a seat at their show and quickly shakes his head. "N-no thanks! I'm sure you'll be packed with people, anyway." He smiles in his kind way while dipping his head to any person who happens to walk past. His everyday uniform making it obvious of his work.

"You guys were chosen as children? That's a long time." Frowning at the thought, he then looks to Ayami with a small smile. Saying nothing, the brunette goes on up the stairs wishing they were already to the right floor. It's a relief as they finally do make it and as they get to the first room, Corrie pauses. Looking to Tohko, he nods his head. "Yes, though it's one card that opens every door...ya'll can just put the towels in front of the doors and I'll put them in the rooms before finishing. This is my job after all."

"Yep, we were chosen pretty young." Tohko said, "I was eight; I think Ayami was nine." The girl nodded, "And Suzuka was nine, weren't you?"

"Yes." Suzuka said, "A ridicilous age to start idoling..."

"Don't grumble, Su." Ayami poked the girl in the ribs and Suzuka smiled.

"So... You can get in every room..." Tohko said, thoughtfully, looking to Corrie.

"He's not going to steal your manga." Suzuka rolled her eyes, "He can't even read kanji, Tohko."

"He might take my stuff!" Tohko protested, going pink in the face.

"Whatever." Ayami said, heading down the corridor. Tohko traipsed after her and they began lying towels outside each door.

"I really will try and get you a seat, Corrie-kun." Suzuka promised, "Cross my heart and hope to die. Or I'll drink a thousand needles." She paused, "That translates badly into English." She laughed and set off after the other two girls.

nivek just took it back in silence then took a breath. he started to speak in his distracted tone. "yeah that's past for ya." he looked down at his drink and took a drink then looked her in the eyes trying to smile once more. "anyway now that we got the depressing thing out of the way lets talk or do somthing fun" he said trying to smile.

[QUOTE="Fallen from Heaven]"Yep, we were chosen pretty young." Tohko said, "I was eight; I think Ayami was nine." The girl nodded, "And Suzuka was nine, weren't you?"
"Yes." Suzuka said, "A ridicilous age to start idoling..."

"Don't grumble, Su." Ayami poked the girl in the ribs and Suzuka smiled.

"So... You can get in every room..." Tohko said, thoughtfully, looking to Corrie.

"He's not going to steal your manga." Suzuka rolled her eyes, "He can't even read kanji, Tohko."

"He might take my stuff!" Tohko protested, going pink in the face.

"Whatever." Ayami said, heading down the corridor. Tohko traipsed after her and they began lying towels outside each door.

"I really will try and get you a seat, Corrie-kun." Suzuka promised, "Cross my heart and hope to die. Or I'll drink a thousand needles." She paused, "That translates badly into English." She laughed and set off after the other two girls.

[/QUOTE]
Thinking on what the girls are speaking about, Corrie pities the three. He nods his head in silence at Suzuka's response to no one in particular. He couldn't disagree with her on that. Tohko's thoughtful statement draws Corrie's attention as he places yet another towel down; a confused look taking place upon his facial features before seeming to understand. "I do but don't worry, I'm no theif!" He soon catches onto what she may be thinking and with a small smile of reassurance he goes on down the hall.

"You really don't have to.." He tells Suzuka then stops as she says the usual promise only not so usual. He laughs with her then follows along, a smile on his face.

Nivek said:
nivek just took it back in silence then took a breath. he started to speak in his distracted tone. "yeah that's past for ya." he looked down at his drink and took a drink then looked her in the eyes trying to smile once more. "anyway now that we got the depressing thing out of the way lets talk or do somthing fun" he said trying to smile.
Looking up from her plate, she's grateful to get past the awkwardness and shoots him a small smile. "Do something fun..?" She looks thoughtful then nods her head in agreement. "Hmmm...this town isn't too small but it has been a while since I've been out and about..like this anyway." She looks around the restaurant again and smiles more. "Thank you for this by the way.."

Ayami bounced down the corridor with a certain eagerness and speed that put her ahead of the others. Tohko was equally as fast but less eager, so she fell a little behind her excitable friend. And Suzuka at the back of the group, walking at a normal pace and looking content with working slowly. One by one, towels were laid outside doors until almost every door had one outside. Ayami had her arm linked through Tohko's and she was chatting away in Japanese, pausing now and then to let her friend get a word in. Eventually, Ayami came to a sudden stop and the two girls giggled and stumbled around before they regained their balance.

"I think that's all the rooms." Tohko said, still giggling. Suzuka came to a stop beside them.

"I think so." she said, quietly.

nivek just smiled and gave a slight bow of his head. "anytime" he spoke with a kind tone. he looked around and chuckled to himself. "sounds like there doing karaoke at the bar." he said listening to the people having fun. "well i'm not to familiar with the place myself but im sure we could find something to do in this town." he said trying to think of whats fun.

[QUOTE="Fallen from Heaven]Ayami bounced down the corridor with a certain eagerness and speed that put her ahead of the others. Tohko was equally as fast but less eager, so she fell a little behind her excitable friend. And Suzuka at the back of the group, walking at a normal pace and looking content with working slowly. One by one, towels were laid outside doors until almost every door had one outside. Ayami had her arm linked through Tohko's and she was chatting away in Japanese, pausing now and then to let her friend get a word in. Eventually, Ayami came to a sudden stop and the two girls giggled and stumbled around before they regained their balance.
"I think that's all the rooms." Tohko said, still giggling. Suzuka came to a stop beside them.

"I think so." she said, quietly.

[/QUOTE]
Listening to the girl's chanting while finishing up this bit of work, Corrie feels much appreciation toward these idoling girls from Japan. He smiles as they stumble then bends down to set the last towel infront of yet another door. "You three have my thanks! If it were for you guys, I would never have finished." His cheeks turn a light shade of pink before he turns to look at them each thinking of how much fun they all must be. Nodding his head in agreement with their statements a small buzzer begins to sound. Quickly, he fumbles with a small ear piece that had been placed in his pocket before putting it on his ear as it is meant to be. He listens to the voice on the other side then afterward turns the piece off though leaves it in his ear. "Well, I believe you should all get going." Taking a pair of keys from his back pocket, he starts to unlock the door.

Violet takes note of how kind his overall personality is and how his smile is quite contagious. She can't help herself but to do the same before thinking back to his proposal. "There's the movies..an arcade down the street, karaoke as you mentioned and..." She pauses to think of what else there is. "Something I've always found unique would have to be the car races, they happen about every other night so I guess there's more to do than I thought." She smiles a bit sheepishly.

(This post ended up being way too long)

"It was our pleasure." Suzuka bowed her head out of politeness and the two younger girls followed suit. Then, Ayami ran off and began racing down the stairs, holding Tohko by the arm.

"Su~!" Tohko yelped, as she was dragged away. The older girl followed quickly, as she didn't want either of her friends to run off. God knows where they'd get to.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs and entered the lobby, they were surprised to see their friends there, alongside their film crew. Suzuka forced a smile, as she saw the camera focusing on her.

"You're late!" Nene, the second oldest with waist length hair, grinned, "We were worried that you were never going to show up!" Ayami blinked and waved at the camera.

"Let's go, you've put us behind the schedule!" Nene said. With that, the group of Japanese schoolgirls were ushered out of the door by the film crew. Tohko chewed on the skin of her thumb and was applauded by the crew for her cuteness. She blinked.

The girls spent the rest of the morning looking around the city with the film crew close behind them, watching their every move. Suzuka enjoyed the sightseeing a lot but she wished they'd take the camera out of her face for five minutes. Nene had her arm looped through hers. Ayami was running around and generally causing chaos, squealing and yelling and chasing the others. Tohko was a little tired and was falling a little behind. She got told off for not getting enough sleep and given a sugary lollipop to perk her up. After that, Tohko was practically bouncing off the walls.

At lunch, they stopped at a smallish cafe that struggled to accommodate the girls and wouldn't allow the film crew inside. So, the cameras were turned off. Suzuka was delighted. And so, the group ate together and chattered away in their native tongue, glad that they didn't have to force smiles for the camera anymore. Ayami rested her head on the table. At some point, Tohko had fallen asleep and was sitting with her head lolling to one side and her thumb stuck in her mouth.

"Leave her be." Suzuka said, as two of the younger girls had been planning to jump on Tohko to wake her up. The girls edged away in disappointment.

Tohko wasn't the only one falling asleep. Mitsuki, one of the other younger girls, also began to tire and by the end of the afternoon, all the younger girls were half asleep. Even Nene, one of the oldest was tired. The crew began to realise that they weren't going to get much more out of the exhausted girls and decided that they had enough for today.

The girls were driven back to their various accommodations. Tohko fell asleep again in the car and wouldn't wake up, no matter how much Ayami shook her. Suzuka picked her up and carried her inside.

"All of you get a good nights sleep and be on time tomorrow." an agent advised them, "We'll be rehearsing tomorrow. Oh, and you'll need this." She handed Ayami a small digital camera.

"You'll need to do a sort of "video diary". Fans love that stuff." the agent said.

Then, they thanked the crew for their time and finally got to go inside; Tohko sleeping with her face buried in Suzuka's shoulder, Suzuka struggling to carry the younger girl and Ayami playing with the camera. Suzuka looked at the stairs in defeat as she sighed under the weight of the other girl. It didn't help that Ayami was pointing the camera at her.

(I absolutely love your way of replying though and don't worry about the post length :) Thanks for your time and I'm so sorry that I haven't been on at a regular pace!)

Corrie watched as the two younger girls bounced away and Suzuka remained. "Good luck!" He yells after them with a smile before quickly getting back to work. He finished up with the rooms after about an hour and went back downstairs to do his other 'chores'. By the time the girls returned to the hotel he is at the front desk checking in a small group. Seeing them come inside, he waves and calls a quick hello.

Kenneth had just finished on the phone booking another room for the night. Seeing the three girls he had earlier met, he goes back to work not figuring to bother them. Looking up again, he does notice them pause at the bottom of the stairs. Sighing, the blonde slowly rises from his seat behind the counter and walks to them. "Hello, might I recommend using the elevator?" He questions looking down at the sleeping girl in Suzuka's arms. "Come on." He says quietly while leading them a couple yards away. Standing infront of the gray sliding doors, he presses the button and it opens up.

(I'm glad to have your approval, Senpai. I like your way of posting too and it doesn't matter that we don't post every five minutes. It's easier this way anyway, as I have more time to write out posts.)

Suzuka felt stupid.

"Oh! Arigato." she exclaimed, "Watashi wa baka desu!" She hurried over to the elevator as she was beginning to question how long she could carry Tohko. Ayami followed, frowning.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh..." Ayami said, putting a finger to her lips. She gestured to her sleeping friend and Suzuka realised that she truly was having a moment of pure idiocy. She was an awful friend; speaking so loudly whilst her friend was fast asleep. Thankfully, Tohko didn't stir.

"Come on, Su." Ayami took the older girl by the hand and lead her into the elevator, "I think the tiredness is affecting your brain." Suzuka had to agree. Tohko shifted around in her arms and Suzuka nearly dropped her, as the girl squirmed.

"I'll hold her..." Ayami offered, holding out her arms.

"It's fine." Su readjusted her grip on the small girl, "Press the button for the our floor, Ayami?"

(Really? That's great to hear! I'm happy to know that you don't become annoyed by my lateness..ugh. School is kicking my butt though I'm so glad that you are not mad or anything, arigato!)

Kenneth shakes his head listening to Suzuka's comment. "It's fine and no, you aren't." He says knowing what she said based off the key words he already knew. As they all entered the elevator, Kenny waits at the door before stopping Ayami and pressing the button himself. "You three have a good night." He tells them sincerely then backs from the doorway and hence allowing the sliding door to shut. Once it had closed he returns to his place behind the counter and watches as Corrie begins to tire. 'Kid must be tired..' Kenny thinks with a sigh.

Getting to his feet again, the blonde goes over to place a 'be right back' sign on the counter before tapping his drowsy eyed friend. "Come on sleepy head..lets get you upstairs." He sighs and actually grabs the boy and slings him over his shoulder. Ignoring the yelp that escapes the younger male, Kenneth carries him to the elevator and presses the button. A moment or so later the doors open and he walks in. Another button takes him up a few levels and after walking out, he finds the room he was looking for and goes in. Laying Corrie in the bed then heading back out, he leaves the key on the table and goes back downstairs not feeling tired yet.

(Nah, I have lots of school stuff to do too. So, it's fine.)

"Dou natte iro no?" Tohko mumbled, tiredly, as they made their way down the corridor, "Suzuka-neechan." She poked the girl's face and the older girl put her down. Tohko stumbled forward and nearly cracked her head open on the wall. Half asleep, she found the door to their room and fumbled with her pocket for the keys- before realising that she didn't have them.

"Watashi wa sore o motte iru." Ayami sighed, pulling the keys from her pocket and opening the door. With a yawn, Tohko darted inside and collapsed on the bed. She fell asleep again right there and they couldn't wake her up again, no matter how many times Ayami yelled about the importance of taking make-up off and brushing teeth.

Eventually, Ayami gave in and got herself ready for bed. She was asleep the second her head touched the pillow- she'd never admit it but Ayami was probably even more tired than Tohko. After all, she'd been racing around all day and had been bursting with energy. Suzuka went to bed not long after.

~

Ayami was the first one to wake up, at about four in the morning, sweating heavily. She had a nightmare. Almost immediately, she began to cry quietly to herself. She often had nightmares, not that she'd ever let anyone know. Slowly, she slid out of bed. It was then that she realised that her sheets were damp. She sobbed a little harder as she stood up, losing what little pride she had when she realised that she'd wet the bed, aged fourteen and had no idea how to deal with it.

She'd not wet the bed since she was about seven, so this was a big deal. As quietly as she could, she stripped the sheets from her bed and left the room, leaving the door slighty ajar behind her. She wasn't sure exactly where she was going, she just knew that she had to dispose of her sheets somewhere. Ayami'd die if anyone found out about this.

She made it about half way the stairs when she collapsed in a sobbing heap. She didn't know what to do. All those times she'd teased Tohko about being a baby and she was the biggest baby at all.

Meanwhile, the other girls slept on peacefully back in the room, no idea of the turmoil their friend was going through.

(sorry but i cant do the rp any more im to bussy as of late so im just letting you know so that im not a jerk and just up and go}

[QUOTE="Fallen from Heaven](Nah, I have lots of school stuff to do too. So, it's fine.)
"Dou natte iro no?" Tohko mumbled, tiredly, as they made their way down the corridor, "Suzuka-neechan." She poked the girl's face and the older girl put her down. Tohko stumbled forward and nearly cracked her head open on the wall. Half asleep, she found the door to their room and fumbled with her pocket for the keys- before realising that she didn't have them.

"Watashi wa sore o motte iru." Ayami sighed, pulling the keys from her pocket and opening the door. With a yawn, Tohko darted inside and collapsed on the bed. She fell asleep again right there and they couldn't wake her up again, no matter how many times Ayami yelled about the importance of taking make-up off and brushing teeth.

Eventually, Ayami gave in and got herself ready for bed. She was asleep the second her head touched the pillow- she'd never admit it but Ayami was probably even more tired than Tohko. After all, she'd been racing around all day and had been bursting with energy. Suzuka went to bed not long after.

~

Ayami was the first one to wake up, at about four in the morning, sweating heavily. She had a nightmare. Almost immediately, she began to cry quietly to herself. She often had nightmares, not that she'd ever let anyone know. Slowly, she slid out of bed. It was then that she realised that her sheets were damp. She sobbed a little harder as she stood up, losing what little pride she had when she realised that she'd wet the bed, aged fourteen and had no idea how to deal with it.

She'd not wet the bed since she was about seven, so this was a big deal. As quietly as she could, she stripped the sheets from her bed and left the room, leaving the door slighty ajar behind her. She wasn't sure exactly where she was going, she just knew that she had to dispose of her sheets somewhere. Ayami'd die if anyone found out about this.

She made it about half way the stairs when she collapsed in a sobbing heap. She didn't know what to do. All those times she'd teased Tohko about being a baby and she was the biggest baby at all.

Meanwhile, the other girls slept on peacefully back in the room, no idea of the turmoil their friend was going through.

[/QUOTE]
Corrie hadn't slept too well. The phone in his room was going off like crazy signaling that either someone had a conplaint or needed something. "Why would anyone need something at 4:15 in the morning?!" He murmurs tiredly before swinging his feet off the side of the bed he had been given thanks to his friend.

Slowly, he slips on his work shoes and runs a hand through his messy light colored hair. 'Got to get up sometime..' He tells himself in hopes of raising his own spirits while standing and answering the phone. Turns out someone was in need of another towel. 'Must've been partying until late..' He sighs and grabs one from his own bathroom before walking out the room. Ignoring the elevator and instead deciding to walk up all five stories of steps, Corrie gets a move on. Towel in hand.

As he walks, a little more energy fills him each time. By the third floor he's already feeling a bit better and by the fourth he is keeping a steady pace. That's until the sound of someone sobbing catches him by surprise. Hoping that it is just his imagination he still forces himself to move faster incase someone was injured. Getting to where Ayami is, he quickly gets down to her level and looks to her worriedly. "Ms. Ayami, why're you out here? It's much too early...are those your sheets?" At first he's completely oblivious but then he becomes aware. "Shh, don't cry.." He tells her while getting up and reaching a hand down to help her up as well. "You can come with me and I promise everything will be ok." He speaks softly, his smile never wavering.

All Ayami could do was sob and bury her face in her hands, in utter and complete shame. She was much too old for this; she was fourteen years old, an famous idol and self proclaimed "very mature". How could she just wet the bed like a baby? It took a moment before she could get ahold of herself and cease sobbing long enough to speak.

"Don't tell anyone. Please." she begged, through her tears, "Everyone will think I'm a baby!" She took his hand and stood up, sniffing. She wiped her eyes on the back of her hand and tried frantically to stop herself crying.

"This doesn't normally happen, I swear!" she promised, "I'm not a baby!"

"To begin with, I see no babies here..it's ok." He tells her again and this time the boy pats her head gently. It always seemed to soothe him when his mother did it once upon a time. "You aren't the only one, ya know?" Still holding her hand he leads her back downstairs and once getting to the first floor he wraps the sheets tightly into the towel he had been delivering and continues to the laundry room.

"I will promise not to tell anyone if you don't say anything about my fear of the dark..in the place I stay I have more than one night light in each room...drives my roommate insane." Opening one of the washers he is actually blushing from embarressment that he told her such a thing. "If that isn't baby-ish I don't know what is." He confesses while throwing in the sheets and starting it with soap.

"So you see? There's no reason for you to be so ashamed. It's a natural thing, really." Hoping that she wasn't thinking of him as crazy or pathetic, Corrie looks down at his feet quietly as he generally does when uncertain.

"But... Not even Tohko's scared of the dark!" Ayami frowned, in confusion, "That's a silly thing to be afraid of!" She chewed her lip and thought about it for a moment. She'd never been scared of the dark. She didn't enjoy the dark and would prefer to have the light on, but it didn't scare her at all. She didn't shriek every time the light was turned off, (once, there'd been a power cut during a rehearsal and half the girls had screamed and huddled in the corner until the lights were back on. Ayami had mocked them), and didn't see the point of night lights. But all things considered, she probably should be nice to Corrie and try not to hurt his feelings.

"But... I suppose you can be scared of the dark." Ayami shrugged, "I mean, everyone's scared of something, right? Like... Su-chan's scared of "losing who she is" and Tohko's scared of monsters under the bed and I'm scared of my Papa, sometimes." She shifted from foot to foot, "Is it too early for breakfast?" She rubbed her eyes, tiredly, knowing that she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep now.

~

Tohko woke up to the sound of her phone ringing shrilly and Suzuka moaning under her breath at the irritating sound. She got to her feet and stumbled over to her phone, picking it up off the ground. It took her three tries to answer it and when she finally did, Suzuka groaned something that sounded a lot like "FINALLY".

"Hello?" Tohko muttered, climbing back into bed.

"Tohko-chan, is my butterfly awake yet?" Nene asked, quietly, in her usual smooth tone. It took Tohko a few minutes to register who was on the other end of the phone and another few minutes to realise that Nene's "butterfly" was Suzuka.

"Tohko?" Nene said, uncertainly, after the long pause.

"Not really..." Tohko said, unsure, "Hold on..."

~

Nene waited patiently on the other end of the phone as she heard several thumps and yelps down the line, as Tohko woke Su up. She, herself, had been awake for hours. She'd never admit it to anyone except Suzuka, but she was feeling very homesick. Su was the only other person that understood, she was sure. The younger girls were much too excited about the prospect of performing in America to miss Japan. Besides, she couldn't admit to the younger ones- she was the calm, easygoing one that made sure none of them were homesick. They all looked up to her! What would they say if-

"It's so early, Nene." Suzuka mumured into the phone, "I need my beauty sleep, you know." Nene's heart leapt just at the sound of the girl's voice, hammering in her chest.

"You don't need beauty sleep, Su. You're the most beautiful person I know." Nene said, all her homesickness forgotten.

"What did you want?" Suzuka asked, sounding skeptical.

"Just to talk to you. I've been awake for hours and everyone else is asleep so..." Nene trailed off, glancing around the room.

She was staying at a different hotel with the rest of the girl's in the group, all of them shoved into one room. Whilst Suzuka, Ayami and Tohko's parents had funded their trip, hence why they were in a better hotel, the rest of them had been payed for by the agency. In short, Nene's parents, like the other girls, hadn't been able to pay for her to have her own room. So, all seven other girls were sharing a reasonably large room. It still wasn't big enough for all of them though and had caused a few arguments like: who got which bed, who got how much wardrobe space and the classic, "you're on my side of the room!". Nene was on the top of a bunk bed with Yuki lying on the bottom bunk, half hanging out of the bed. Across the room was an identical set of bunk beds, with Marina flopped on the top and Himaki- who had originally been sleeping on the bottom bunk- had crawled up and joined Marina there. They were sleeping together, curled up like kittens in a basket. Emarni, the only one who'd been to America before and who was half American, was sleeping in a single bed and looking quite content there. Her hair had fallen across her face. And finally, there was Mitsuki.

Mitsuki was lying in a single bed, her thumb in her mouth. She was a bad sleeper, hence why she got so tired during the day. Whilst she wasn't awake, Nene was sure that the girl wasn't really asleep either. Mitsuki had been tossing and turning all night it seemed and had thrown both her pillow and duvet off the bed in sleepy frustration. Looking closely, Nene realised that Mitsuki's pyjamas had little kittens on- adorable!

"Nene, are you still there?" Suzuka sounded sleepy, "Nene?"

"Sorry, got distracted." Nene giggled, "What were you saying?"

"If you're bored, film something." Suzuka advised, "They gave you a camera, right?"

"Oh, yeah." Nene remembered, "See you later, butterfly."

"Huh?" Suzuka replied and the phone line went dead. Nene fumbled for the camera that the agency had given her.

~

Suzuka was about to fall back into sleep, when she realised that something was wrong. She counted the beds in their room, then she counted the people. Eventually, it dawned on her. Ayami was missing. She glanced at Tohko, who was rummaging through her belongings; she didn't seem to notice Ayami's empty bed. She rolled her eyes. Of course, Ayami would take this time to vanish. She just turned over and went back to sleep, hoping that this was all a dream.

"What did Nene want?" Tohko asked, pulling her t-shirt on. With a groan, Suzuka turned back over and looked at the younger girl.

"To talk. What are you doing?" Suzuka frowned, as the younger girl pulled her shorts on and began to tie her shoes laces.

"I'm gonna go look for Ayami." Tohko said, pulling her jacket on. So, she had noticed. She was half way out the door, when Suzuka told her to stop.

"What?" Tohko frowned at the older girl.

"I'll come with you." Suzuka said, and she clambered out of bed to search for her clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back