• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Simple Pieces [Chase & Des]

DescriptedEnd

cause & effect , parallel
Aspion

fantasy_scene_by_kaiezu-d5jjx26.jpg

The planet Aspion. A floating home to many thousands of different creatures, far beyond the reaches of Earth. What many on our home planet would call magic is common place - so are the creatures of legend and fantasy beings beyond the imagination. Our young characters are just starting out exploring the world from their home towns.

Only me and @SBChase are allowed to post in this thread, so please respect that. However, if you choose to read, feel free c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Luis Hewitt

Right Outside Priadsey

He held a single star in his hands, leaning easily against his Aigror, Ursinus. The softly glowing orb was twirled among his fingers much like one would twirls a pen, back and forth from his pinky to his index finger and back again. He was humming a simple tone over and over, calm and relaxed in the warmth of the Star Festival heat. He crossed his left leg over his right, switching his twirling hands. As typical, the sky was extremely dark and different planets & moons danced across the blackened sky. He was awaiting the appearance of Joan Decarli, his to be travel partner. The male was interesting, to say the least - but so was Luis if he had to admit. Ursinus huffed deeply and nuzzled into Luis's hand, the star going tumbling onto the floor. With a scritch behind the white mammal's ears, he sighed and pulled a book from his bag, using the reflection of the recently fallen stars - and those that were still drifting down - to light has way across the page. He wasn't a heavy users of magic and didn't even know the simplest light spell, but he did know the trick to keeping the little buggers around.

Joan Decarli

The young man in question could be found circling just outside the town's borders, searching for the meeting place. He hadn't thought it would be that hard - Luis would have is Aigror with him, and the last phrase you'd ever hear about one of those would be "hard to find". But Joan had a knack of making things harder on himself, and he had yet to catch a glimpse of his travel partner. As he walked on, his long strides barely made a whisper of noise, his pale skin and hair illuminated by the starlight giving him the radiance of a phantom. He moved with enough slow grace to keep the sound of his metal clothing and weapons to a soft chime. He had three stars clasped to his chest, casting light upon his face and growing shadows in his features. He was attempting - and horrifically failing - to juggle the pieces. Groping fingers would claw after the pieces of light and miss the solid edges, he kept them in his hands by some miracle, but could not hold a steady stream.

After another pathetic attempt to keep the stars gliding through the air, the soft light caught his attention in the black blanket of unknown surrounding Priadsey. It lit up a figure leaning on a bulbous white silhouette. A grin took hold of Joan's mouth as he strode over to the source to find Luis and his Aigror, attention consumed by a book.
"It's supposed to be bad for your eyes to read without lots of light," he stated calmly before adding "I was looking for you, sorry if I'm late."

Luis Hewitt

Right Outside Priadsey

Luis gazed up, his oaken eyes lacking any form of amusement in regarding the older male. Ursinus had lifted his great, stocky head just seconds before the other had arrived within site, the creature's long ears pressed calmly against it's neck. "No worries," Luis huffed, slipping the book into his scuffed leather satchel and hauling himself to his feet, using Ursinus as a platform. "It's not like we had a specific time we had to leave by, anyways." Urinus, the bulking mass of flesh he was, groaned and slowly got up onto his 'hands', stretching out each stalky limb one at a time. The Aigror was already fitted with a simple light steel and leather strap harness, which was more to assist the two young men up onto the mount rather than to control it. Aigror was a patient, calm beast compared to others of his species and responded well to Luis simply leaning to one direction - but in the rare occasion when Ursinus was agitated or his rider and stirred him up into something quicker than a trot, the lead was used just so there was better communication between the two.

Luis slipped his foot into the plate of the side strap, grasped the top strap with both hands, and hauled himself on top of the eight foot tall mammal. Once settled, he slung his satchel off his shoulder and clasped it to another strap, making sure the carrier was tightly sealed so that nothing would fall out. Once finished with his preemptive tasks, he leaned over slightly, using a hand on the back of Ursinus's head to tell him not to turn. With on outstretched hand towards Joan, and a small smile, he invited the male up. "All aboard the Aigror Express!"

Ursinus simply grunted at the comment.

Joan Decarli

He took a moment to step back from the beast as it got up to it's feet - or hands, the correct term for it's anatomy absent from Joan's mind. He dropped the three star pieces into a pouch strapped across his back. Once Luis had gotten settled on top of the Aigror, he extended a hand down to Joan. "All aboard the Aigror Express!" The comment received a grunt from Ursinus, and an eyeroll from the other male as he grabbed his hand. He found a foot hold on part of the harness and hoisted himself up across the back of the white mammal. His fingers wove into his fringe, some of the platinum strands left wafting in his face, shaken loose from it's knot. He had used a spare piece of rope to tie his hair up, to avoid his neck and back sweltering beneath his veil. He secured his own bag alongside that of Luis, before finding a hand hold on a stray harness strap that was just within his reach. Joan took a moment to clear his throat before shouting, "ONWARD!" Of course, shouting in Joan terms could, at most, be considered a simple "outdoor voice," but it was his attempt none the less.

Luis Hewitt

Off on an Adventure!

Luis smiled slight at Joan's attempt at thriving enthusiasm, then dug his right heel slightly into Ursinus's corresponding side. The animal started moving forward at a lumbering pace, not very quick but still faster than either of the males could walk ands till maintain enough energy to cover appropriate distances in a single day.

Leaning over slightly, Luis unclasped his bag and pulled out a notebook. He then re-clasped it, then shifted so that he was sitting sideways on the mammal. "So I brought this notebook," he started, displaying the pages - most of which were blank - "so that we can record things on our journey." He opened it to the first couple pages, handing the little book to Joan. "I've already got a couple entries of the basics - y'know, like Ursinus's type here, our town, and maybe one or two things. I lost count."

Luis shrugged, readjusted his hair, then returned to the normal sitting position upon his mount's back.

The sky was still pitch black and the star shower had stopped for now, to return again the next night as the single display of what time it could possibly be. "Forty more days of this," he breathed. They had already moved on to forest, led along a dirt, well traveled path that was littered with other travelers. Many looked at them, foreigners, surprised by Ursinus and not quite sure what to make of the two. Some rode upon Felivo, led carts using the antelope like fauna. Others sat atop other strange creatures, but none of which Luis bothered to jot down in his notebook. "These don't count."

Joan Decarli

And Ursinus was off, tromping along at his own comfortable pace. With the Aigror competent enough to continue on it's own without fret, Luis was free from keeping a keen eye on the reins. He turned and began shuffling through his satchel, then shifted to sit sideways across the white beast's body. "So I brought this notebook so that we can record things on our journey." Joan stretched to see the notebook in the male's hand, and caught sight of blank pages before it was passed over to him. "I've already got a couple entries of the basics - y'know, like Ursinus-" sure enough, as Joan flipped through the pages, he found a few entries, and quickly zoned out from Luis. There were pages for the Aigror, which he had heard Luis mention. Before it there was also a page about Priadsey, and a calendar. The date was marked, showing they were only just past halfway through the Star Festival season, barely breaching the days of Ecoadehs.

"I do enjoy the entry made for us homo sapiens," Joan mused, reading the entry under the Intelligent Races heading. "You must be learning my eloquence. So brutally accurate."

The pair continued to travel on through the dark, spread across the thick fur-covered back of Ursinus. The scenery around them had changed, trees suddenly clustered around the trodden dirt path they traveled, and the light-littered sky had receded into darkness, save for the burning-out chips sporadically placed on the ground. Joan lifted his hand upwards, trying to brush against the woodland fauna that thrived around them in the endless "night." "Forty more days of this," commented Luis. Joan hummed to acknowledge the statement.

The traveling duo shared the path with an array of other travelers. Some had Felivos - creatures Luis had taken note of in his notebook previously, Joan noted - and the quiet boy watched them silently, a childlike fascination glowing in eyes. The Felivos' masters, however, did not look upon them and their bulky Aigror with as much wonder as he, rather more curious confusion.
"These don't count," Luis stated of the strangers' companions not noted in the notebook.

Joan fixed his attention back on his partner, leaning forward to try and catch his eye.
"I don't think you are taking this endeavor seriously enough, Luis," he murmured. "Who are we to deprive our future admirers the privilege of absorbing accurate depictions of every particle of dirt we trod and pebble we pass? How dare we not pull over every passerby and interrogate them to their wits end?"

The blond shifted to the side, leaning out towards the adjacent lane of travelers crowded on the path. "Greetings, good sir!" He said, waving brashly to a man atop a Felivo directly at their side, luckily within range of Joan's delicate vocals. Even more luckily, the man just gave him a look of utter bafflement and continued on, leaving the male without a response. Joan looked back to Luis. "Is that not behavior you find unique? Wouldn't a Priadsean answer my call? We should mark that down! The Human: not friendly!" He said, playfully grappling for Luis's hands, having returned the notebook to him long ago.

Luis Hewitt

Off on an Adventure!

Joan's antics earned him a scoff and a roll of chestnut eyes from Luis, the younger male batting away the other's hands before returning the leather-bound book to it's previous encampment. Nonetheless, he smiled at his partner, a light chuckle escaping his lips. A quiet one Joan was, but he was a goofball - and a giant one, at that.

"I think I'm taking it plenty seriously," he drawled, slipping a hand over his shoulder to readjust the heavy weapon on his back. "Everybody in Priadsey is bound to know everything here is on this road." He gestured lazily to the wooden path, which was
beginning to narrow out and turn rougher. "Besides, I don't feel like messing with it right now." He shrugged, lightly patting Ursinus's shoulder, the Airgror's coat soft and thick. Sighing, he pressed his heel into his mount's right side again and it sped up to a trot. Luis wrapped one hand around a strap to steady his up and down bouncing while the other hand reached back to grab Joan's wrist, directing him to the best place to hold on. "Or," he started, amusement in his voice, "You could always just hold on to me." His voice was also laced with sarcasm that would be evident to anybody with a brain, but he wouldn't be surprised if the blond took him seriously - it was just something Joan would do, if Luis was to be honest.

b1b4a07e551070b0df3fda4d7939ad62.jpg
After what seemed to be hours of tush-bruising riding upon Ursinus's back - which was really only about an hour and a half, at most - the trio broke their way out of the dim forest and arrived upon an open field, laced with crop fields and livestock pastures alike. The path, which could now be considered a road, had widened substantially and was now returned to it's smoother stature. Thin ruts were partially engraved into the dusty pathing from being trod upon by several thousand wheels and hooves alike, any potholes quickly smoothed by frequent commerce or farmers who were kind enough to prevent the trip from being possibly disastrous to others.

Along the path were spaced out torches, each most likely about 300 feet apart, to light up the way as much as possibly. They were filled with preserved stars of different colors and shapes, the amber glow being the most common one as it so happened to be as always. A faint firey hue reflected off of Ursinus especially, causing his main color to appear darkened by ash; Luis swore it was almost like his animalistic companion was mad of hot, burning coals. He was no elemental, however, so even through his partial stupidity and over-active imagination, Luis knew this to not be true.

"Y' seen any off roads, yet?" the pale blond questioned Joan as he gazed upon the terrain himself. They were to get nowhere special very soon if they just followed the main roads, as most of those just led to big cities that were all just the same to him. "Or do you want to hit up a city, first?"

While the temptation of finding new and exciting fauna of various types was interesting, getting better supplies - like gear and preserved food-stuffs - was probably most important. So the question was kind of pointless, but the male was uncomfortable with silence enough to ask such futile things.

Joan Decarli

Hands thoroughly rejected, Joan returned back into his own quadrant of space while Luis put the notebook out of his reach, and out of their sight. His deft ears did manage to catch the amused noise the male made, showing he wasn't necessarily proved a nuisance - yet. Satisfied with himself, he leaned back onto the haunches of the white beast, his head rolling back to stare up at the empty celestial body stretched above them.

"I think I'm taking it plenty seriously," Luis claimed. Joan chuckled, and murmured a soft 'of course' to himself while Luis continued his speech of why Joan was inevitably wrong and overdramatic. "Besides, I don't feel like messing with it right now." He didn't respond, letting the silent serenity encase the traveling trio. It did not last all that long, though, because all at once Joan realized Ursinus was now trotting, his thick-ankle-feet creating a muted sound of thunder. The boy lurched upright to avoid bouncing straight off the Aigror onto the ground. Luis directed him where to get a grip, latching on to his wrist and pulling it to whatever place that pleased. "Or you could always just hold onto me." The tone of his voice was laced with a tweak of amusement, dripping so much sarcasm Joan wondered if Ursinus could feel it pooling between his shoulders.

And the temptation to do so was overpowering, now that Luis brought the idea out of the shadows and into the light where Joan could see it. But of course Luis would know it was coming - he brought it up, did he not? If he put enough force on him, enough for his arms to crack a few rips or restrict his diaphragm, that would be a surprise. But they hadn't even been on the road for a day so, saving the fatal hugs for later use, Joan just gave a hum of foreshadowing, as if he was thinking it over.

After that, there was silence. The forest had given way to grassland and fields of who-knows-what. The path was wider, lined with fixtures holding captured stars that would survive longer than it would on the ground. Joan was only now starting to feel the impact of their journey - the fact they were actually leaving familiar territory. It wasn't that Joan had never been this far down the path before, or that he had been into the forest all the time. But things were now less familiar, and excitement mingled with euphoria.

"Y' see any off roads yet?" Yes. They had passed a few already - most of the region seemed to be farmland, and that's probably where these off-roads lead to. But there was the idea that his assumption was wrong, or that these past lead past them to places unknown. "Or," Luis continues, "do you want to hit up a city, first?"

Joan was taken slightly off-guard by the question, but was quickly responding with
"I'm pretty sure you know what I want to say, but how far could we get if we wander down one of the off-roads?"

Luis Hewit

On the road again... No? Okay.

"Hell if I know," Luis offered, a simple shrugging of his shoulders rocking his frame against the flow of Ursinus's long strides. "It'd depend on the road. Some wouldn't go nearly as far as others." He readjusted Ursinus's position, holding him closer to the shoulder of the road. "I do think we should hit up a town first, though." The words left his lips in a way that didn't really leave room for argument, like the male had just carved it into the universal fabric of things that were definitely to happen. Ursinus kept on his trotting pace, huffing slightly and his paws creating light thumps in a rhythmic beating. Luis smiled gently and scratched just behind the Aigror's elongated ears.

Along the way, the younger made just a couple entries in his journal of things that he thought needed to be there. Despite the rocking motion caused from riding upon his mount, he was able to illustrate accurate pictures of each species and also filled information, including species names and the like. He knew they would have to pick up an area guide for each region, as while he was familiar with most species here, there was no way he could identify and study each creature in the other regions without somebody who was familiar with them.

early-city-of-cordo-concept.jpg

Villareda

Thousands of beings crowded the streets, some appearing to be more animalistic than others. It was warm and there was no real breeze, the noise coming from the many voices; merchants yelling for their products, conversations, arguments, and, of course, drunkards stumbling across the streets. It was almost overwhelming. Ursinus had his ears pressed flat against his head and his muzzle pointed to the dirty ground. Crime wasn't necessarily common around the popular areas, but Luis was still ready. He was leaned slightly backwards, almost to the point of touching Joan (because why the hell not?), one hand on his lead strap and the other placed on the hilt of his side sword. "Where to first," he hummed, fingers drumming against the top.

He steered Ursinus to a stable, hopping off while leaving Joan to ride atop for a while longer while he talked to the stable master. "We'll only need a couple hours, just doing some shopping," he informed the woman, who nodded as she was passed some coins. She led the giant mammal to a stable and waited for Joan to slide down, Luis waiting next to her to assist the blond down.

Joan Decarli

"Hell if I know," Luis responded simply, offering a slight shrug of his shoulders. Joan rolled his eyes, behind the other and out of sight, thinking 'Wow, so helpful.' "It'd depend on the road. Some wouldn't go nearly as far as others. I do think we should hit up a town first, though." The latter phrase hit the air with finality, his travel partner reciting it similar to one would state the date of their birth - tangible and irreversible. But the older male had no intention of arguing with the decision, and Ursinus was continuing on without fuss. He simply gave an acknowledging hum, leaning backwards on their mount to stretch his muscles. The groan that rose in his throat was bit back, wanting to keep the signs of discomfort to himself. Aware they had a long way to go to get to any nearby city, Joan figured he'd save his irritation devices until the option of getting down was viable.

And it was a wise decision, the Aigror remaining on the country lane for an approximated two hours before fields turned to walls and earth turned to stone. By then, Luis had produced some new things into his notebook - what, his friend hadn't seen. The boy had a wider expanse of worldly knowledge than that of Joan, most likely able to add accurate information of a few more creatures or places by memory. The other boy had only managed to find a new, comfortable, - and frankly precarious - perch atop their mount, sprawled out backwards across its spine. Once passing the marker, indicating the boundaries of the community dubbed Villareda, however, Joan was sitting back up straight. Still positioned backwards on Ursinus's haunches, his eyes whipped around the environment in frenzy. He wore a grin, jaw dropped open from general awe - awe of something rather claustrophobic and contaminated, but awe nonetheless.

"Where to first," Luis said, hardly audible among the caterwaul of hustle and bustle. Independent of their volume, the words simply reached Joan's ears and continued without registration, and received no answer. He was aware of the fact his companion leaning backwards, nearly shoulder to shoulder with himself, but the male missed the opportunity to comment with his attention completely absorbed in his surroundings.

Joan was only brought to attention when that pressure on his back all but vanished, and he turned around to find Luis had steered them to a stable and had slid off. The male swung his legs back around Ursinus's side, returning to face forwards and casually inspecting the stables while his partner spoke with its overseer. When the pair returned to him, Luis offered a hand to aid his descent. Once on solid ground, he stretched his arms above his head and arched his back, letting his bones crack with a satisfied sigh. His hands dropped to his sides, and he strapped his bag back across his back. "Alright, so where're we going, what's the plan?" His gentle voice arrived at a rapid speed, bouncing on the balls of his feet, ready to sprint off without Luis if his input wasn't returned promptly.

Luis Hewitt

Villareda

Luis let out a disgruntled hum of displeasure, a tone that informed Joan to wait a moment while the other male looked around his surrounding area. First to his left, and then to his right, the male trailed his gaze around the shops that decorated the busy suburbs. "I... uh..." Luis's voice trailed off into a soft whine as his posture tensed, becoming withdrawn as he continued to read shop signs. People shoved passed the two, pushing them outside to the center of the street. Creatures moved in floods around them, some letting out angry grunts about the two not moving at all. "Joan..." he mumbled, motioning his hands towards Joan's arm reflexively. "Food shop," he hastily breathed out, pulling the other male into the shop.

Inside, it wasn't quite as crowded, but Luis still head tightly to Joan's arm. It smelled different, as it it were a mixture of sugar and garlic. It was a bit odd but wasn't unpleasant, and it slightly relaxed Luis even further. "We can take fresh food with us, but most of it will have to be oats and dried food stuffs, the like," the male explained, dragging Joan along as he browsed what ingredients were currently on display. He was pretty damn ignorant about the whole arm clinging thing, a habit of his from when he was a child.

Joan Decarli

Luis's answer did not come right away. The long-haired boy hadn't even been looking his way, but caught a soft murmur of a sound that brought his attention briefly back to his travel partner. The other was searching the shops with his eyes from the distance, his body thoroughly rooted into its place. "I, Uh," His words stretched into whines as he spoke, never forming the beginnings of sentences, let alone bringing them to ends. Despite Luis's attempt for time to slow for him to think, the rest of the world ignored them, shoving past and forcing the nervous one forward into the center of the street, Joan trailing along beside him. His concern for his friend had reined in his wandering eye, a concerned expression cemented on the other's face. "Joan," His voice was near inaudible, mixed with the sounds of angry riders trying to shove past and others passing without even a first glance. Hands found a way to Joan's arm, latching on to the metal strapped over his skin. "Food shop."

There was no question about it, no time for a response, before they were suddenly out of the open street, protected from the smaller number of strangers by the cases and barrels arranged into indistinct rows. "We can take fresh food with us," The Luis that Joan was accustomed to was back, in some sorts, quick to make decisions and explanations, the other simply along for the ride. "but most of it will have to be oats and dried food stuffs, the like." He had yet to remove his hands, though now an excuse of directing Joan could now be assembled. With his travel partner leading the way, his mind was mauled with a whirlwind thunderstorm of ways to breach the subject - none of which would do Luis any justice. It wasn't that Joan had a problem with it - he'd damn well carry people around on his shoulders without a second thought if requested. That was far from the point. The point was to be a burr under his companion's tongue - painfully irritating and so strange you have no fucking clue how you managed to let it in. Abuse was brewing at the back of his throat, the smile on his face evil enough to break skin and barely bitten back by his teeth. But it remained in its weakening shackles, Joan humming along beside Luis, grabbing anything he was told.

Luis Hewitt

Villareda

The younger male was, thankfully, blissfully unaware of the laughter building in his companion's throat as he continued to pull him along, grip now quite loose as he perused the items that were for sale. He could hear a couple folks talking in the back of the shop, bickering back and forth in hushed tones about what needed to be restocked and when. While Luis was holding a couple items, he handed several to Joan so he could continue to inspect the items neatly organized upon the dusty shelves. He eventually stumbled upon a a rack of bags; he knew that they would cost additional, but it would make it much simpler to haul the supplies around. He grabbed two bag, then proceeded to hand one of the burlap sacks to Joan in a hasty, quick motion.

Finally releasing Joan's arm, Luis went off on his own, grabbing items - which mostly compromised of preserved foods, such as oats, dried fruit, and jerky. Occasionally, he would grab a fresh article for them to eat during the first part of their trip, as well as jarred water to keep them from suffering from dehydration. He counted carefully, making sure to grab cheaper items. They still needed to drop by a few other shops - magic stores, blacksmiths, etc - so they needed to save as much coinage as possible while still getting as much foodstuffs as they could. After browsing the whole shop,
tracks invisible on the smooth oaken floor, he looped around and took Joan's bag from him.

A quick look around provided Luis the information of where the front counter was, and he shuffled over to said area. It was made of of the same oaken paneling as the flooring, the counter top itself made of polished cherry wood. A single, old scale sat on the left most side and a small safe sat in the back. A simple machine, made to add up prices of items, was in the center, and settled next to it was a small jar of sweets.

"Hello!" pipped an elderly woman as Luis stepped up, closing her notebook and setting in on a hidden shelf behind the counter. Luis gave her a wide grin, teeth showing, then placed both bags onto the counter easily. "Ah, you must be going adventuring!"

"Indeed," the blonde chuckled, gesturing towards Joan. The woman nodded, a second woman, much younger - and most likely the elderly cashier's daughter - stepped up and began to pull items out of the bags, writing down quantities and prices. While busied with her work, the elder began to enter prices into the teller machine. "So," she began, gaze trained on the keys. "Where are you guys heading?"

With only a moment's hesitation, Luis answered her question. "All over," he spoke, gesturing his arms into a wide crescent. "We really don'g have a destination, we're just exploring." The old woman cracked a wrinkled smile, nodding understandingly.

{{Leaving it off here so you can reply.}}

Joan Decarli

Eventually, Luis let go of Joan's arm and wandered away, leaving a sack in his possession. He draped it over his shoulder, lacking much concern for the item. Free from reins, he wandered around the shop in a loop. Not particularly concerned with their provisions - Luis proving he was quite capable of managing it without input - he breezed around the rows carelessly.

After wandering thoroughly enough to catch stares he rested on a perch along the outside, leaning against a barely piled so high with fruit it held against his considerable weight. He had a few of said fruit in his hands, which he quite obviously wasn't planning on purchasing. He was juggling them, holding one in his left hand and attempting to juggle two in the right alone. He was having a higher success rate now than he was hours earlier with his star pieces. It felt like hours ago by now. But of course, perpetual darkness was not helping him with a sense of time in the least.

The fruit dropped onto the ground; an outcome that was truly inevitable. It rolled across the floorboards, reaching the feet of a boy, somewhere in his young teens. The look he gave Joan as he returned the fruit was a mixture of curiosity and apathy. "
You headed for a war?" He asked, eyeing the metal on the forearm Joan extends to retrieve his makeshift toy.

He shook his head, his engrained grin widening to reveal his teeth. "
Something a lot more dangerous than that." He actually had to lean in to hear, not expecting his soft tone. The boy's eyes lit up at the words, ready to question, and Joan ready to give a story that would be nothing short of utter bullshit. The interaction was cut short though, the stranger called away by another male that was combining a height to beat Joan and an expression giving a notion that he actually might.

Luis appeared at his side. Quickly retrieving the bag entrusted to him without a word, he left as soon as he came. Replacing the unnoticeably damaged fruit to the container, Joan followed about a foot behind the other male. Taking another leaning stance, he leaned against a shelf across from the front counter while his friend purchased their stocks of food.

Only vaguely aware of the conversation held just in front of him, he was caught off guard when Luis's gesture appeared in the corner of his eye. Raising his head, he had an expression on his face like he had a blade pushed into his nose. An old woman stood behind the counter, with a younger at her side, taking note of what exactly were in the bags. He offered the pair of them a warm smile.

"So, where are you guys heading?" The old woman asked. Joan stepped up, hovering behind Luis as he responded with, "All over. We really don't have a destination, we're just exploring."

"We haven't gotten very far yet," Joan added softly, watching he tap away with the keys. "We've only been on the road for hours."

Luis Hewitt

Villareda

Luis hummed in response to Joan's statement, offering a nod in par with with his audible cue. "But we plan to be travelling for many months, all across the land." He offered a big smile to the lady behind the counter, pulling out his wallet after his total was displayed on on a small counter that was attached to the back panel of the machine. He handed over the required amount, grabbing onto Joan's arm after releasing a farewell to the two ladies behind the counter. "Goodbye!" he chirruped, receiving an equally enthusiastic response from the elder.

"Come back safely, you two! Good luck!" she called to the as they exited the door, back out onto the busy street.

Instead of folks wandering around as if they had no place in mind, only a few truly ambled about as most were browsing shops with open doors, filling the street with a quiet murmur instead of a caucus roar. It kept Luis calm, as he has room to move about. "So, where should we go next?" There were several stores they could stop by. "Gear, weapons, herbs, potions... ehg..."

Joan Decarli

The women were kind. Luis followed Joan's response with more detail as he paid, the older of the two offering a bright farewell after the fact. "Come back safely, you two!" She said to the travelers before they disappeared into the raging rapids of the crowded streets. "Good luck!" Joan's lack of an audible return was compensated for by a wave and a bright smile, though he had to strain to look back at her, with Luis rooted into his arm once again.

"So, where should we go next?" Luis said calmly. The crowd was not such a cacophony, and Joan could tell that his companion was not as flustered in the space. He still seemed slightly discouraged, though, as he trailed off his statement that he began with a list; "Gear, weapons, herbs, potions," his voice petered out into a groan. It let an open space for the other to interject his own mind.

And with Joan, that mind was one with a single track.
"How about weapons?" He suggested smoothly, grinning at Luis and steering him in the direction of the aforementioned shop.

L U I S _ H E W I T T

"Yeah, sounds good!" The male nodded, trailing alongside his partner, his shoes creating soft thud marks on the pavement that made up the streets. He checked this option off of his mental list - and maybe they could avoid going to other shops if they got themselves a good weapon. "Maybe they have an internal smelter!" he breathed, thinking about the possibilities they could make in custom weapons.

They entered the shop, the temperature increasing slightly. The walls were coated in weaponry & armors, lists posted every here and there.

{{I'll be updating the items tab in the shop for weapons crafting :D }}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back