• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sight of Serendipity - A Casual Realistic PKMN RP

If Alt haven't screamed once during the on the Gyarados yet, well that nose dive right there has certainly punches a loud, frieghtened scream out from the younger man. He grabs the fin for dear life, short blunt nails failing to pierce any scales.

The terrified scream ends up as bubbling laughter as the Gyarados formation settled from its dive. Alt still holds onto the large Pokémon's fin with all his might and he can feel his heart beating out of control with adrenaline, but with said adrenaline in his system the Ranger grins widely at Robert. His short black hair is a ruffled mess that he combs it back with a hand. When Robert and the Blackhat captain (John... John Remington, if he remembers correctly) look back at his direction, Alt gave the two men a thumbs up, not entirely sure what they just talked about. If he is this disarayed by that drop from the sky, he hopes that the others are doing well.

Since then, Alt's sky ride on the Gyarados is a pretty quiet one. The younger man had seen the last glance Robert did that almost felt remorseful to the Hades Ranger. His thoughts wondered from the man at the driver's seat to what waits for him in the future, and also to Celadon City, and to the Ranger Corporation.

Saffron... Well, he is awefully off scheduled with work today. What Alt thought to his first day in Kanto turned out very different than what he expected. This is a lot more exciting for sure but now for Alt, he is uncertain what'll happwn next and it is not sometging he is all to comfortable with.

"Will you be back on duty due to recent event, Sir Ashton?" The question suddenly rises in Alt's brain and out before he can stop himself. He winces at the stupidity of the question. "I'm sorry. I guess you are coming with us as witness and survival like the..." He doesn't finishes the sentence, not wanting to group Robert with the civilians. The man has done a lot to simply brush him as a civilian due to his retired status, something Alt has stated out loud before earlier, and rude now that he thinks about it. He wonders now and curiousity starts to null his brain; how will Robert Ashton be involved in this. The man definetly still has his hands in the Ranger Corporation, seeing his relation with the Blackhat captain and his highly ranked Pokemons. Before today, Alt hadn't wondered about the man after his retirement.

Robert paused as he continued staring into the sunset, mulling over the kid's question. He had a point. Would High Command force him back into service based on his actions in Celadon. But, they couldn't! He'd got out of service, fair and square. What was the point of being recruited back again? Besides, there were over a thousand Black-Hats who could perform the same job as him with equal skill.

" I don't know, son. I'll just have to find out when we go to Saffron Base."

The Gyaradoses began lowering their ascent as Remington shouted out towards Robert.

" How long has it been since you been to Saffron, Robert?"

Robert shouted out in the blistering wind as the Gyarados's ripped through the cloud layer.

" 'Bout one month. Say, I hope it still has that..."

The veiw of Saffron entered into sight and Robert was momentarily taken away. If Celadon could be called the 'modernised' centre of Kanto, then, Saffron could take up the psuedonym of jewel. It was a technological metropolis. Large nests of skyscrapers were built upon the mountains with railways and metros intersecting between each area. Giant over-staffed Ranger Walls towered high and instead of being built out of craggy boulders like in the rural enviroments, they were built out of a customised tungsten-polymer composite buffered with force-field technology.

Remington took out his radio and barked into it.

" This is Blackhat Ranger Task-Force 5. Proceeding into Saffron Airspace, over."

The radio buzzed for a second before buzzing back.

" This is Saffron Airspace, over. You are cleared to enter into the Blackhat Compound."

The Gyaradoses began lowering their ascent into a giant pool of water as the lake began to open from the inside, a cavern int he middle. The Gyaradoses soared inside before slwoing down and thudding against the floor. Robert felt at home as he looked around at the giant assembly area. A Blackhat Base. Tighter than a nun's pussy and home, safe home.

Robert lifted a hand towards Alt to pull him up before helping him on a piece of scaffolding. He patted Sisyphus's head before leaving the medics to attend to Sisyphus's condition.

" So, how was that Alt?"

Kanto is really is different than Johto. The eastern reigon is definitely advance in its cityscapes and it seems a lot more modern. Well, its not a new fact, but that never really truelly hit the man until he experienced it personally and seeing the two mega city in just a day. The travel between Celadon and Saffron was surprisingly short too, but then again, he was on the back of a Gyarados, flying, and in that excitment and wonder, Alt had lost track of time. He did not realised that the sun is already setting until he looks up from the bottom of the lake and up at the orange tainted sky.

With Robert's help, the man is back on his feet and looking around the impressive base. He looks at the place with widen eyes and looks down from the plateform they are on. There is so many people in the Blackhat uniform that makes Alt feeling out of place in his fireman-like Hade's uniform.

"Where... are we?" The man cannot peel his eyes away from the scene before. It is obvious where they are, but for sure he can't be there. He is just a Hade member; he doesn't have a high enough clearance to be in a highly secretive building as this one. Were they not simply rescued and should have been dropped in the normal Ranger Headquarter in Saffron? Where are his units and the civilians? Today was supposed to be a clean and clear region transfer but what the hell is this mess?

Alt closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in. Once again, his thoughts are getting ahead of himself. Things are differently runned in Kanto and in Johto, he freminds himself. He knew that before coming here and he was told and reminded that things can be differrnt. Perhaps things in the Kanto Ranger branch are not as strict as Alt is familiar with.

"I definitely don't have the clearance to be here, sir," Alt says, joking to lighten himself up. "I'm guessing you're familiar with this place," He continues, looking at Robert's calm expression. There is no ounce of curiousity to this under the lake infrastructure.

Robert looked at Alt before motioning around as if it wasn't obvious enough.
" This is Saffron Blackhat Outpost, my friend. The most over-compensated and overtly stocked Ranger Base other than Celadon I've only visited this place once, though....."
Robert looked around longingly at the place before his lop-sided smile turned to one of a cold grimace. He then ruffled his trenchcoat and brushed the ash off, sniffing at it. He blanched before moaning slightly out-loud to no one in particular.

" Yeah, I am. And if what I know is true..... Ugh, Remington. Do the Ranger Corps still have my G.I Bill?"

Remington barked in laughter as he climbed up the scaffolding along on top. Sisyphus along with the other Gyaradoses were re-called into their heavy balls, their large forms disintegrating once more into masses of poke-power. He stood up tall, standing high above Robert and Alt before replying back.

" No. Seeing that you've been away for 5 years, Robbie, and the fact that you're not part of Saffron Base, can't see your G.I Bill being used for laundry."

Remington slapped the back of Robert, forcing a cough out of the old Blackhat, before Robert kneed Remington in the crotch. Remington just smiled painfull before punching Robert back in the crotch as well. The two Blackhats laughed as if the pain was nothing before Remington stared back at Alt, looking official, and his back stood straight.

" Well, then. Ranger Alt. You and your fellow squad will be staying in Saffron for the night. I'll be talking with your superiors in order to get a Air-Reconnaisance Unit to ship your squad back to where you belong. In the mean-time, I suggest you use our luxurious facilities very wisely, my friends...."

Remington walked off while Robert climbed down the scaffolding, speaking to Alt excitedly as he slid down the arms of the ladders before landing with a thud on the concrete floor.

" C'mon, Alt. You gotta try the food here. Beats fucking field rations in the Viridian. Trust me, man....."

Ah, of course, they are at the Saffron Blackhat Outpost. Alt has heard about the infamous Ranger Base and again, today cannot become any more strange than right now. The Hades Ranger raises his eyebrows when the Robert blanches suddenly. Did… something just happened?

Working so close to the pollutant monsters certainly have their consequences. Aside from his monthly hospital check-up and taking his medications daily, Alt’s sense of taste and smell are null. His lack of senses does not get in the way of his work but sadly, the simple things of life like tasting vanilla ice-cream and smelling his lover’s scent is a thing of the past. His health was the reason why he wasn’t seen eating with his fellow Rangers back at the cafe.

Alt looks at the two older men with amusement at their antics but winces when the punches went below the belt. Good Arceus. The Ranger does his best to mimic the captain though his lips strain to keep neutral.

Yes, sir,” Alt replies simply with a salute before the Blackhat Captain leaves to attend to other business. As he plans for his next action, he ponders what the man meant by using the facilities wisely. Perhaps, he should explore the enormous outpost or watch what the Blackhat’s do in their down time, but a loud thump takes him out of his thought. Looking down, he sees Robert and the older man suggests to try out the food. Alt’s stomach lets out a loud rumble; the man hops down the steps to join Robert on the ground.

I need to check on my squad.” And perhaps update them of the situation if they are not already heard the news. “But after that, I will definitely join you for dinner.

The reunion with Alt’s Ranger squad is a short meeting. After the Gyarados formation touched down to the base, the civilians that the Rangers were with were quickly handed off to the Blackhats and were transported to the medical bay of the outpost. With the quick head count and updating each other with information that some of them not know about, the Rangers from Celadon officially retires for the night. During this time, a facility worker comes up to the group and explains where they can sleep and wash up. Some of the Rangers leave with the facility worker to see where their bunkers are, while other wandered off on their own or with another. Alt remains at the compound, watching the large open area before he looks around for the man with the black leather jacket.

Robert nodded. There was no need for further discussion. Likewise, he would have been concerned if Alt priorities weren't his squad first. Robert walked away, brushing away a little bit of ash that was on his leather jacket. Ash of wood, concrete, metal....people. His throat surged for a moment as he gulped. That charred skeleton's grin ever so present in his mind.

No. He had to compartmentalize himself. Focus on the present. Focus on finding out who did this. Focus on justice.

Robert continued to walk towards the barracks, brushing by past Rangers, some of which still recognized him behind all that man-bush he'd taken to grown in the last few years. There were a few brief conversations, nothing more, nothing less. He felt like a stranger in this place. It was unknown to him.

He opened the door to the guest room that Remington had provided for him in the quarters of the Blackhat compound. He didn't care for the luxury or the fact that HQ had thought to outfit the Blackhats with gold-plated mattresses. He stripped himself buck naked before entering the shower, splashing cold water on his face, scrubbing relentlessly away at the blood that was on his skin.

It wouldn't come off. Not a matter of when. A matter of how.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I'm still surprised to see that you are here in Saffron, Executive Ashton."

John signed, pinching his nose. Apparently, news travelled slow, even in this day and age where modern technology was rife within their population. He tersely spoke, emphasising the position that he now inhabited as he looked at the peppy desk assistant. She was a petite little thing, wearing rimmed glasses, but smiling all the while. Perhaps, the touted 'lack of fear' attitude of the Blackhats had rubbed off her or maybe, she was unaware of who he was.

" Head Director Ashton, Miss Beryl. I'm afraid that Director Hoover has taken a formal leave of..."

He paused, deciding what euphimism to use to describe the...oh, wonderful things that he had done privately with his former boss.

" Resignation."

She was unpreturbed all the same. The desk assistant of the Blackhats gave him the visitor card, speaking to him cheerfully.

" Congratulations on your promotion, Executive Ashton! Now, please, take in mind that your vistor card only lasts for 24 hours. If you fail to-"

" More than enough. Nevertheless, thank you for your information."

The desk assistants gave a scrunched up frown before moving on to speak with another person. A greenback, judging by his military BDU uniform and ranking stars on his shoulder. John entered through a series of hallways, his two guards following beside him, as he entered the main assembly hall.

Lt Colonel Remington, the leader of the compound, approached him with a neutral expression. John had read up on him while on the long trip from Celadon to Saffron. Born in Cerulean. Graduated top of his class. Recruited young out of school after showing prowess in a Ranger-organised youth trip. Quickly rose to the ranks of leadership. Unfortunately, Command didn't know about Remington's past out-of-decorum relationships with female Rangers, bordering on the sexual....A shame if that information got it.

Oh, what was he thinking? Blackmail wasn't required for this. Besides, he had the footage tapes inside his Tactical Pad, stored and ready to upload to the internet.

The Colonel had raised a hand towards John to shake his. John accepted the offer, shaking the man's hand while they exchanged greetings.

" Executive Ashton. Saffron Blackhat Outpost is honored to have you."

News did travel slow indeed.

" Head Director Ashton. Your hospitality is appreciated, Colonel."

They parted hands and began to walk side by side. Remington had lighted up a cigar and stuck in his mouth. Judging by the putrid scent and the brown colouration, it was a Unovan Petill Cigar. John took care not to blanch at the foul odour as Remington took the cigar out of his mouth.

" So, Director, what brings you here to Saffron?"

There was a brief bout of silence before John replied slowly. The Colonel tried to hide his loathing of the spook next to him, the drafts of the cigar doing little to stop whatever was crawling underneath the skin. The spook had a eerie, alien aura to him. Constantly observing. Constantly judging.

" I need to speak with my brother."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of all the things that Robert had expected to see when he walked out of the shower, nude, his slant-eyed brother guarded with 8 foot tall beefcakes was not the image he wanted. Robert grunted as his brother stood by, patiently waiting as Robert dried himself off with a towel and began to put on a T-Shirt.

" Some sense of fucking decency, you have, John. Walking in here with your two minions."

John's nose was raised slightly upwards, contemptuously, as Robert finished clothing himself. As always, Rangers were trained to dress themselves in the nick of time. Like a dog.

" Oh, please, Robert. You should be glad that this was all I decided to do. Especially, considering that I am Head Director."

John was miffed by the lack of reaction Robert had as his younger brother took up a comb, brushing his hair errantly while replying off-handedly.

" What? Hoover already bit the dust?"

John rolled his eyes as he sat on the bed, snorting.

" As a manner of speaking, yes. It's a real shame. Hoover was a man of great ideals and a good direct-"

Robert interrupted John suddenly, turning around as he took out a razor to give himself a shave, rings of hair falling down onto the ground, as he glanced at John.

" I don't believe that tripe, John. So, tell me what you're doing here."

Silence. Then, chuckling. John was actually chuckling before he stood up on his feet. Robert wasn't unsure what angle John was playing at. John's face shifted from mocking to sympathetic. A caricature of the latter at least.

" I just wanted to see how my younger brother was doing. What, with you staying in that dump in Celadon, trying to starve yourself up, trying to gain clemency for your supposed crimes. The unfortunate death of Mr Barrett was not on- "

Robert walked towards John, their two faces close together before he whispered with all the hostility he could muster.

" Get. Out. Of. My. Room."

John stood there, ever the definition of patient, as his two guards approached them both, eager to bash Robert's face in. John raised a hand. The two of them immedietely froze before ushering themselves from the premises. John appeared to sign mournfully, shaking his head before walking out of Robert's room, leaving Robert with just these final words.

" And I thought I was the one who was cold."

The door shut with a pnuematic hiss as Robert stood silent, pondering the situation. His stomach then reminded him of the time as he rubbed his head, walking out of his room and turning off the light. He began to walk towards the mess hall, something welling up within his stomach. He couldn't ascertain what it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back