• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom sidlink- botw roleplay

thenightmaredarling

absolute baby
Sidon lurked just under the water. The Zora prince often left the domain, but as of late, it was getting trickier and trickier to. Muzu had been harping him over everything under the sun, and he found comfort in getting away, even if it meant sneaking out. He hadn’t been under this semi-quarantine for long, and it was already taking it’s toll. Sidon didn’t enjoy being kept in one place. He liked to explore the waters around and beyond Zora’s domain, and watch what happened on land. After all, he’d found a close friend that way. Well, someone he already technically knew, but didn’t remember very well.

Link, hero of Hyrule. Sidon apparently knew him from a hundred years ago, but they were unreliable childhood memories of someone who was closer to his sister than him. But he’d met the hero once more, and the two had hit it off instantly on the bridge. After the Hylian had defeated Vah Ruta, he’d often come back to the Zora’s Domain. Sidon always bugged him for stories of far-off places, and Link was usually more than happy to oblige. This was a friendship built on curiosity and intrigue. They were both fine with that.

But now Sidon lay in wait, hiding until his friend showed up. Not much else to do, seeing as if Muzu or his Father sent somebody to look for him, he’d have to hide to avoid getting dragged back and lectured about responsibility. Even princes over a hundred years old get screwed over by that stuff, it seemed. And Sidon wasn’t the most responsible. He wasn’t supposed to be heir to the throne. But it had ended up like that, due to things he tried not to think of, and he was stuck hiding.

link.jpg
Link sighed to himself for what felt like the hundredth time that day, slouching forward in Epona's saddle. His hands, calloused and scarred, grasped the reins, careful to not tug on the leather too much. Although he couldn't speak, his throat still felt dry. It had been several weeks since he had visited the Zora’s domain. Zelda had called him back for several diplomatic meetings and he hadn’t been able to leave the grounds until she had given him her assent. He had spent so many days stuck inside the council chambers, standing behind a chair as he listened to countless politicians drone on and on about matters he could care less about.

He had bided his time until after a banquet was held to celebrate the recent trading treaties that had been signed. After dinner, he had approached Zelda. She had been understanding as he asked to leave the castle—to go back out into the world and travel once more. Her
acquiescence had filled him with relief. He had left her that night to return to his chambers, to finish up any last-minute affairs and pack his saddlebag for the journey.

That night, Link had sent a letter to the domain addressed specifically to Sidon, discussing his soon-to-be visit and the events over the weeks he had been away. He knew he wasn't the most eloquent writer but he had taken his time, wanting to convey himself to his closest friend. The thought of Sidon reading his letter had made a smile slip across his lips, lasting long after he had finished and given the letter to a messenger.

Link perked up as he neared the bridge, loosening his grip on the reins and sitting up straighter in the saddle. Epona’s hooves clicked faintly against the wood. Blue eyes turned to study the scenery overlooking the path that lead to the gate. It was a sight he welcomed after weeks of being stuck inside of the castle.

Sidon had managed to get the letter before anybody else did-thankfully for that, he'd gotten to actually read it, despite the evident water damage it suffered afterwards. He knew exactly how him talking to a Hylian after the Calamity had been resolved would go over, even if the two were friends. But now Sidon lifted his head from the water slightly, before surfacing from the torso up. "Link! Down here!" He called. Sidon was always loud enough to be heard-intentionally or not. He contrasted against Link more often than not in personality, manner, appearance, and Hell, even SIZE-Sidon was close to if not twice the Hylian's height-but this worked out in their favor.

He dove back under, resurfacing soon closer to where water met land. His scales shone as he pulled himself up to the riverside. Was it really any wonder girls were always all over him? I say nay.

link.jpg
Link paused halfway across the bridge, movement in the water catching his attention. He forced Epona to stop in her tracks, tugging on the reins. She snorted at his tug, turning her head to glare and nip at his knee. He huffed a breath of a laugh out, stroking her mane fondly. Seemingly appeased, she whinnied and turned her head away. His breath stuttered when he caught sight of a familiar red fin emerge from the water. A moment later, he was greeted with the sound of Sidon's voice, calling for his attention.

Link couldn't hide the smile that blossomed across his lips, ignoring the way Epona snorted and tossed her head like she was annoyed by his unsubtle reaction.

Swinging his leg over the saddle, he dropped to his feet and moved towards the edge of the bridge. He waved down to Sidon. Just the sight of the prince had managed to lift the weight that had settled on his shoulders in the weeks he had spent away from the domain. He watched as Sidon disappeared under the water before resurfacing near the bank. Turning on his heel, Link jogged across the bridge and moved towards the riverbank. He held himself back as Sidon emerged from the river, pausing several feet away.

He couldn't hold himself back once Sidon was close enough. His fingers moved quickly as he began to sign. 'Sidon,' He spelled the prince's name with deft movements, looking up at his friend with soft eyes. 'What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me under the water?'

Last edited:
Sidon gave a nod, grinning. "I was. I've been stuck in the Domain, and I'm really not supposed to leave." He admitted. "However! I managed to get out here." He fully pulled himself from the water, abandoning caution and standing up, looking down at Link. "But that is no matter to be concerned with at this time! How have you been? What's been happening with the Princess? Sidon was almost like an excited child with the way he asked questions sometimes. He couldn't help his curiosity-he couldn't travel far from the domain for a variety of reasons. His obligations as royalty, his inability to survive too long outside of the water, and just plain emotional distress at being away from his homeland for too long kept him limited to one place.

But for now he stopped talking, a big smile on his face. He loved being around people, Link especially. Talking to Link was a pleasant change from being treated as royalty-which he may be, but he didn't enjoy the formality that came with it-or being put on a sort of pedestal by the women he talked to. Sometimes even the children gave him those looks-that was weird, but he accepted it. But Link and Sidon treated each-other as equals. Sidon was definitely a fan of that.

link.jpg
Link almost lost his smile when Sidon confessed he had snuck away. He could hardly fault the prince when he himself had leapt at the chance to leave Hyrule castle behind to travel. Still, life was dangerous for a lone traveler. Royalty had a particularly heavy target on their backs and the thought alone had Link taking a step closer, ears sagging downwards in a clear display of worry.

'I know you can take care of yourself but please don't break the rules for my sake.' He tilted his head back a little more to look Sidon in the eyes, expression earnest in the wake of his concern.

Link softened when Sidon asked him how the princess was doing. Although he struggled to piece together the pieces of their old friendship, he and Zelda were close friends now. She had been kind enough to allow him to stay by her side. Even though she had every right to turn him away after suffering for those hundred years, she hadn't.

'Zelda is doing wonderfully. Although, she does struggle with staying professional sometimes,' His shoulders shook as he released a silent laugh, smile widening as he quickly signed, 'One of the ambassador's wigs fell off one day during a meeting. I've never seen her face go so red. Poor Zelda had to excuse herself. I had to go looking for her after a few minutes and when I did, she was laughing with one of her chambermaids about it.'

Biting his lip, Link added, 'It wasn't out of spite or anything. And the guy was a jerk anyway. Took himself way too seriously for some simple trading treaties.' He rolled his eyes before he was clasping his hands in front of him, nearly bouncing on his toes. 'But that's enough of my tales for now. How have you been?'

Last edited:
Sidon shook his head. "I'm not going far, but it's rather tiring to be as confined as that. I'd have broken the rules, no matter what." Sidon wasn't exactly a model child, according to anyone that actually that actually thought about it past 'cute fish prince.' Though, some rules were admittedly unrealistic, some were kept in place for safety purposes. Which kind was this new one? It depended on whoever's eyes you were looking through.

Sidon himself had to hold a laugh back at the story he was told. "Well, good to know you two are still friends after so long. It sounds like he deserved what he got, if it was such a simplistic deal." And then the prince went quiet at the question that was asked of him. "Erm... I, myself, have been well. The circumstances I've been in are... less than ideal." The Quarantine, and internal ongoing pressure now that peace had beem restored. He managed to keep a smile, but mostly by pretending nothing had changed.

link.jpg
Link didn’t allow the concern he felt at the prince’s words to show. He knew the struggles of royalty intimately— Zelda still worried about the responsibility placed on her shoulders. It seemed exhausting, in his opinion, to have to mold yourself to fit into what others expected you to be. Still, he could hardly fault King Dorephan or the other Zora for wanting to protect their only heir. Biting his bottom lip, he nodded his head in understanding.

After wandering Hyrule, I can understand not wanting to be stuck somewhere. Just don’t get caught by Muzu while you’re breaking the rules.” He made a face, scrunching his nose and sticking his tongue out with distaste. “You’ll be listening to him lecture for hours.”

The old Zora didn’t really bother him—even when he had been at his cruelest whenever Link had first visited the Domain. He just had a habit of chastising every little thing one did. Link listened as Sidon continued to talk, unsure of how to comfort the other. He settled with stepping forward and laying his hand on the other’s forearm. He gave the red scales a gentle pat before he was looking up at his friend, blue eyes wide and earnest.

Don’t feel like you have to hide the truth,” He signed, a smile pulling at the corner of his lips, “Talk to me if you wish. I may not be able to speak but I can still listen.”

"Oh, believe me, I know all too well how he can be." Sidon chuckled. He was genuinely too caring of a person at times-being more capable when it came to talking with people than most came at the price of never being alone. He didn't fault anybody for things such as that-the prince liked to think people were inherently good with a few exceptions. Sidon smiled down at Link, jagged teeth showing just a little.

"If you truly must know… Soon enough, I'm bound to take the throne. And, well, after Muzu and Father lecturing me at length on the responsibility of it, enough becomes enough. I don't think I'm truly fit for the role." His eyes darkened a bit. They always did when he was thinking about her.

Sidon, after 100 years, still remembered and missed his older sister.

link.jpg
Link clasped his hands in front of him, studying the way Sidon deflated. He knew exactly what the prince was talking about. Without Mipha on the throne, it was up to the last remaining heir to be successor-to-the-throne. He knew how much Sidon loved his people—it was evident in the way they walked up to him, spoke to him with fond smiles and warm words as he joked and listened wholeheartedly to their words.

Still, Link knew the difference between interacting and ruling. There was so much more pressure in keeping the entirety of your kingdom safe and alive.

I… ” Link paused, biting his bottom lip.

His hands wavered as he looked away, his shoulders and ears drooping lower. It felt wrong to try to talk about Mipha. That guilt he carried ever since he remembered their friendship and how close they’d been a hundred years ago. Her (possibly) unrequited love still ate at him. Taking a breath, he glanced up at his friend. It wouldn’t do to act this forlorn and saddened. He still had Sidon—and even if they were related, they were still vastly different people.

Link started to sign again, movements slow as he thought his words over. “I’m glad you’re able to get away then. It can be difficult to accept a role you never thought you’d never have to take but… you’re still you. You’re a kind person to your people and thoughtful to their needs. Your father and Muzu mean well but in my opinion, you’ll already make an amazing king. No one needs to remind you about the responsibilities because you’re already so responsible.”

Sidon also knew the difference, all too well. Self-doubt didn't often affect him, with his cheerful, almost peppy demeanor. But for once it was creeping in-it would for anybody, considering the situation at hand. But he could bury it and he could power through-for Mipha and Link if nothing else.

Of course, Sidon recalled her even more clearly than Link did-even if he'd no recall whatsoever of what the relationship between his sister an the Hylian was like before the past few years.

He looked down at Link, watching his hands carefully-Sidon understood his signing almost perfectly, but he'd made a few... Significant mistakes before.

"...Thank you for your encouragement on this. It seems we've switched roles for once, haven't we?" He was right-usually he was the one being encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back