• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sidekicks & Subordinates [IC]

"We have gunfire on the scene of the crime, it seems the Sidekicks are being attacked by a group of assailants with computer monitors on their heads." The news anchor said as they zoomed in on the scene of the battle. Eden bit the inside of his cheek as he watched the scene. He didn't know much about sidekicks, but he tried to stay in the loop about subordinate dealings. He'd never seen any screen heads before though.

His phone vibrated and he heard the snapchat notifications sound. He pulled out his phone. It was a snap from Corey, his best friend. He opened it up, and a video began to play. It was of Corey and three other guys biking over to the docks. The caption was "bout to get paid." Eden closed the video and stood up. He knew what they were going to go do.

"I gotta go, Corey wants to hang out." Eden grabbed his bag and ran out of the house before his mother could say a word. He sprinted out and grabbed his bike. Corey had gotten himself involved in subordinate activities, just like Eden. But he wasn't as chill about it. He involved himself directly with the subordinate underground. In the end he got paid a lot, but it was too risky. Corey never cared about shit like that.

This was way too dangerous though. With those screen head people the sidekicks would probably shoot on sight. Eden rushed over, and when he got close enough he dropped his bike into a bush, and ran over on foot. The gunshots were really close now. He ducked down and made his way into the docks. There were cops on the perimeter shooting at the screen heads. A few cops got shot, and fell to the ground, giving Eden a chance to rush past and into the fray.

As he got closer he heard footsteps behind him. He looked back to see a screen head lunge at him with a sword. Eden rolled out of the way, and bolted forwarded as the thing chased him. "Let there be light" He murmered trying to get his powers to activate. There was no response.

"Uh... He who is without sin, cast the first stone." He dashed around the corner of a building. His powers were still inactive. "Come on..." He closed his eyes trying to remember a verse that worked in the past. "It is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Nothing. "Fuck fuck fuck."

There was a blur of red that sped past him knocking Eden to to the ground. When he looked back he saw the screen head on the KOed on the ground. He looked around for a moment. "The fuck was that?" He shook it off and ran off again, pulling his knife out of his bag.

"Corey!" He called out. "Corey!" He tried to stay low, his calls couldn't even be heard over the fire and gunshots. He came around another wall, and saw a guy on the ground, with several gunshot wounds.

"E?" He called. Eden rushed forward. It wasn't Corey, it was Marco, another guy from the neighborhood. He was older than Eden and Corey by a few year, but never got out of the hood. Eden knelt down and looked at his wounds. He'd been sprayed. He was as good as dead.

"Where's Corey?" Eden asked. Marco shook his head.

"I dunno man, the 5-0 just shot eve-" Marco coughed up some blood. "They just started shootin' everybody." Marco struggled to take in another breath. He was gonna bleed out. Eden stood up, and looked for a cop to take him to the paramedics but there were none. Marco stretched out his hand to give Eden his gun. Eden knew what he wanted him to do. Eden shook his head. He'd have to do it himself.

"A prayer..." Eden knelt down and took Marco's hand, and began to pray over him. "Repent, so that you too may have a place in heaven." He told Marco. He sat there praying for moment, before Marco's grip eventually loosened. He was dead. Eden's body was glowing faintly. He got to his feet, and grabbed the bloody gun from Marco. He hated carrying guns around. He never had one at home, to protect his brother. He ran back out to look for Corey. Some type of large winged animal flew over head towards one of the ships, causing Eden to duck behind a wall.

"Hey you!" He heard a cop behind him. He turned around, and heard a gunshot. A sharp pain shot through his arm. He fell to the ground, and began firing back at the cop hitting him in the chest five times before, stumbling up to his feet and running off. There were two bullets lodged in his arm. His body was glowing extremely bright now.

He needed to find Corey quickly. He fell to the ground, and pulled out his phone again. There was another message. He opened it up, and saw a video of Corey rushing out of the scene to his bike. "Fuck me..." The bullet wounds began to burn as the energy pushed the bullets out, and tried to sear the wounds shut. His light began to dim as soon as the healing process started, draining all of his energy and leaving the wounds open...

Eden tried and failed to stand, and quickly fell unconscious on the docks.

Sidekick mentions: Epiphany Epiphany Theflamre Theflamre B BlueClover
Subordinates: @frog Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha
YoungX YoungX

(Think that's everyone at the docks, if someone wants to find me injured and ko'ed and help, do that. ;) if not I can just wake up in the hospital once this is all over or something...)

Mueller turned to Deputy Johnson and said, “It looks like this building is typical of what is in this area. There is a central staircase and a main fire escape on the east side. It is a walk up; there is no elevator.” He went on to say, “I think the fire escape goes behind apartment 126. I just have to go up to the third floor on the fire escape, contour around, and I can look in. Give me 3-4 minutes to get in position”

Mueller went to the east end of the building. He stuck his head out and looked up. He saw no one. So, he went out onto the fire escape on the second floor. He slowly and quietly went up the ladder to the third floor. Before, he came up to the third floor he used his shade power. If there was someone from another building watching him and then looked away for a second, it would have appeared that Mueller had vanished into thin air. Roger had become part of the shadows of the night, he was now part darkness. He was ethereal not physical. Silently, he made his way to the window outside apartment 126 and looked in….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back