• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

Blemmigan

Illusion is eternity. Machines will live forever.
Ah yes, Dishonored.

I just love this world and want to have a nice time writing about it. But let's try and pad this out, or at least give you something to reply to.
Disclaimer: I've not read the tie-in novels or comics. I really can't call myself a real fan, it's disgraceful, etc etc. Haven't even played the tabletop RPG.
Also... I'd rather you're 18+, purely because I am. Sorry!

In terms of canon characters, my favourites are the Whalers (and what became of them after D1). Also members of the Academy, particularly Jindosh, because he's so delightfully obnoxious and I just love the clockwork soldiers, because I am predictable and robots are great.
But really I'll have a go playing any character from both games (and DLC/additions, including DotO).
Admittedly I'm not a massive fan of Delilah, but that's probably because I don't see why she was brought back after Brigmore and had basically the exact same character/arc/conclusion again in the second game. But, oh well. Let's just say "any character" anyway, it makes me sound way more approachable. I've forgiven Daud for his equally nonsensical regression, probably because the Albarca baths escape scene was *chef's kiss*. Shame it went downhill for him from there, but hey.

Apparently I'm just making this post as incomprehensible as possible for people who don't know anything about Dishonored. Hi there! I'm impressed that you're reading anyway. I like your style.

Anyway! We could do something with canon characters, though I'm not sure what. Do you love some of the characters and want to write about them? Let me hear you out. I'll warn now though that I'm not into straight-up romance. By which I mean, where the romance is the plot. I'd rather do something like... "what if this happened instead?" kinds of plots. Or maybe something set after the events of DotO, or filling in the gaps between games (though I suspect the book/s probably do that. But hey, if you haven't read those either, we can just ignore them and do our own thing).
I might make an exception for Hypatia & Vasco or Aramis & Theodanis though, because uhhh
Or, go the good ol'-fashioned AU route: take characters/a scenario in this world and change the genre or time period/location the original plot was based on. Swap the roles around, make someone else the Outsider or Empress/Emperor or assassin.

I love going OC-only in established worlds. Do you have an OC for this universe? Let's explore this world with them! Or a particular part of it at least, even if it just ends up being more ~inspired~ than completely accurate to canon. Whaling ships? Pandyssia? Diving into the ruins of the city that came before Dunwall? Ordinary people trying to live their lives while the events of the game were going on? The Academy of Natural Philosophy? The Fugue Feast? The gangs and criminals? I'd also want to explore Tyvia, but again, I've not read the media set there, so it's all based off reading the wiki more than anything else. I also love the Nest Keepers... I don't know why, I just think they're such a creepy and cool concept, even more than the Weepers.
This probably can tie into the "what led up to the events in the games/what happened after?" theme. Pick a favourite location and let's come up with a way to explore what happened there.

I'm also definitely interested in the Abbey, and if we go the OC route I've a half-developed character who's an ex-Overseer. Branded a heretic and falling into delirium and grief after being tortured by his ex-brothers, he was offered and rejected the Outsider's mark... though this may have been nothing more than a fever dream. He has had Void-dreams for many years, but has now intuitively learned to craft charms and see things hidden to most people, all of it accompanied by the guilt that comes with a crisis of faith, and hatred of what he has become. Your classic story.

Or if you just want to talk to me about Dishonored, y'know, that's 100% acceptable. Tell me about your favourites and whether you think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back