• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shelter - Ignore prefix

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I recently watched the music video for Shelter by Porter Robinson and Madeon (which is a beautiful piece of art, regardless of if you like anime or not). The music video was actually really inspiring me to make a plot, but the music speaks to me more. It tells me of sadness, but hope at the same time. Melancholy. Nostalgia. Bittersweet endings and stout resolution to push past them. The music video hits the nail on the head, if not a little dramatically. The song speaks of losing someone dear to you, but having to carry on because someone else now depends on you. Like the loss of a parent, when you yourself are a parent. Growing up, the hard way.

But I don't really want to do that idea. That doesn't sound like one that could be easily made into a role play, nor do I want to deal with children characters. So instead, I'd like to hear your guys' ideas. What should we make of this song? What does it say to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back