• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shattered GLASS [A Modern Superhuman Story] (OPEN)

f56137f3cc45d924a1d913f19a0ccbe7.gif
Hale - A bustling metropolis home to 1.2 million citizens. Sometimes known as the City of Lightning, at glance it appears to be just an average urban city, and a decade ago it absolutely was. But then... everything changed.

Now, it's home to a massive population of superhumans - individuals who have a unique ability that would have seemed impossible in the past. But now, it's merely commonplace, these people comprising 1.42% of the entire city's population. No-one really knows how or why these abilities have appeared, but they have certainly shaped Hale in a way no-one could have predicted.

_______________________________________________________________________________________​

GLASS (Generally Lax Active Success System) are a private "military" that has been hastily set up as a response to a massive increase in disorder and superhuman crime. Having only existed for a month, they are pretty under-equipped and don't have a lot of experience yet, but they're doing the best they can with what they have. But even within their own ranks, there's plenty of conflict - some of them are entirely anti-superhuman, seeing them as a threat to society, others see them as citizens that merely need to be controlled and kept tabs on.

Either way, they've got their work cut out for them. Multiple superhuman groups have cropped up, including the ARK (Allied Resource Keepers), a massive organisation dealing with illegal marketing and trading, something that has been unstoppable for the local authorities due to their use of high-end abilities. If that wasn't enough, they'll have to deal with independent 'terrorist' groups - people who have nothing better to do than hurt the innocent inhabitants of the city.

They need to take control of this city... but it won't be easy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
So... yeah. For those of you who don't know, this a total reboot of an original RP by D duegxybus . Don't be discouraged by that, though - this is a totally new RP, with nothing but the basic premise being carried over, so it's new and open for everyone!

This is going to be an open-world thing, but I'll be keeping one central plot-line between GLASS and ARK going, so there should also be at least one thing to get involved in. If you feel like going on wacky misadventures or opening a restaurant, though, that's okay too! I'm fully encouraging people to set up their own factions and such too, to add some flavour to the world, so feel free to make as many characters as you feel you can handle.

Fair warning: although you don't have to engage with it if you don't like, this RP will likely feature death and other such themes. Humour is very much appreciated, though.

That's all I've got. If this gets enough interest, I'll hopefully be opening a character sign-up / IC thread pretty soon. Thanks for reading! ^_^

Just so I know how we're doing... how many characters are you guys planning to have? One? A few?

I'd like to see if we couldn't get a couple more people in first, but failing that, I'll put up a character sign-up / all the usual bits tomorrow. Chances are I'll have to tailor exactly how this is all going to work depending on how many characters we have :)

Hey, just giving this a poke to let people know this is still very much open - so if you're looking to join, feel free to submit a character :xFwink:

Last edited:
Hi! I felt like asking, how is the attitude towards other players than WhipDing WhipDing creating "antagonists" or "villains" that are likely to be a problem for most characters? I'm mulling over some concepts.

Hi! I felt like asking, how is the attitude towards other players than WhipDing WhipDing creating "antagonists" or "villains" that are likely to be a problem for most characters? I'm mulling over some concepts.

No problem at all with that, I'd just ask that you tell me beforehand if you're going to do anything crazy drastic (I'd kinda like to know if there's a robot vampire cult running around). I'd also recommend having at least one character in one of the two major factions (GLASS or ARK), but that's not a rule as such, it's more so people don't get totally left out the RP when they create more neutral characters. :)

Como estan, roleplayers? The forums run fresh with Borkus Lazorus's words!

*whips a pencil into the air*

Any how, I will gladly get into this since you have a large arsenal of players here, Whip-Ding.

I will most likely create my character on the weekends, however, since I'm approaching the end of a very long ardous month of exams that began from the beginning of May.

Como estan, roleplayers? The forums run fresh with Borkus Lazorus's words!

*whips a pencil into the air*

Any how, I will gladly get into this since you have a large arsenal of players here, Whip-Ding.

I will most likely create my character on the weekends, however, since I'm approaching the end of a very long ardous month of exams that began from the beginning of May.

Good to have you on board :xFgrin:

*bump*

Looking for ARK characters specifically right now... although other characters are obviously still appreciated :)
Have just been looking around the interest checks of the site and this one caught my eye. If you are still looking for ARK characters I would be happy to make one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back