Sharing your RL name with random OCs?

I go by my technical middle name and have since birth. Both my first and middle names are common. Like, very. Individually, that is.
That said, I can't remember ever going "Oh this character is named after me" in a group RP. Maybe I just haven't come across it? Which is kind of surprising? But yeah, I think I'd be kind of flattered because I'd be thrilled someone other than myself saw the appeal of the name. I, personally, think it's very pretty. However, it's just so widespread. In my thousand-person school, I'm acquainted with about six girls who share my name (couple of different spellings, but still). I can only imagine how many more there are, hidden in the crowd, waiting to look up when someone calls out to me. I know I do, about once a day, when another person with this name of mine is called. Not always the same person.

But I digress. Yeah, I'd like it and be flattered.

Hasn't happened yet, I won't rule it out. I wouldn't be bothered because I know it's just a character.

My name is one of the most swedish names ever, both my first and my last name, so yeah..I have seen it all over in swedish books (my least fave is a poor girl who started acting all 'lady-like' when she got a 'servant' that walked with her to school because she was to afraid to go there on her own. It was based in early 1900). But I have seen my name on this site to, full on with both my first and last name, and it is so weird. Like why would anyone want such a boring name? My name's meaning is 'Wounderful' and my last name's is 'Son of Lars'. Like no, chose another one please.
But even if it is weird to read as, I mostly think of myself as Nea, and it makes it easier to read my full name as an OC, but it's weird man, it's werid.

my name is extremely outdated and extremely uncommon. though i was named after an extremely patient, intelligent, and understanding princess from Greek mythology that made the goddesses jealous by outsmarting them.

My name is so common it hurts... and I have seen many character and OC's with the name.. and I rarely find anything good about the character being played.. It either seems to be used as a childs name/baby name or a prostitute. Name's Nikki by the way. As said, so Common it hurts.. My parents don't really have much originality.. My brother is Tommy.. After Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee.. at least If I had a kid I'd give them some Bamf name like Talon/Liliana I dunno.. but yeah.. gets annoying usually to see my name being used. xD I always want to look in on them, but then really regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back