• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shameless; A Dysfunctional Family RP

Reticent

๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
code by @pasta

guidelines

001 be respectful

002 beware of possible triggers including addiction, depression, suicide, abuse, injustice and other dark themes

003 this roleplay will take place on the site, which means it will follow all of the site's rules

004 please try to post 1-2x a week, minimum

005 this roleplay will be using realistic faceclaims only

Shameless ใƒŸโ˜†
โ†’ about the roleplay

Tip: This roleplay is intended to be loosely based off of the television show Shameless (US).

The story depicts the poor and dysfunctional family of [insert character name here], a single parent raising seven children who spends most of their time drunk or seeking out trouble. In the meantime, the children are forced to care for themselves, relying heavily on the eldest sibling for support while also trying to cope with the effects the parentโ€™s alcoholism has on the family.

Roles
Parent x 1 โ€“ Open

Oldest Sibling x 1 โ€“ Open
Siblings x 4 โ€“ 3 of 4 Open
Youngest Sibling x 1 โ€“ Open

Possible Additional Roles;
Neighbor(s)
Neighborhood Child(ren)
Lover(s)

Environment
The family lives in a standard, two story house in a poverty stricken neighborhood. The house was inherited from the Parentโ€™s family and rent is primarily paid for by the combined income of the older siblings. The house includes one full bathroom, one half bathroom and five bedrooms. It is in decent condition and does not currently require any major fixes.

Introduction
So, as previously stated, this roleplay is going to be based off of Shameless. Knowledge of the series and its plot is not a requirement to join. All characters involved should be original and unique. Please keep in mind, for this roleplay, realistic faceclaims are preferred. Please refer to the guidelines for any additional questions.

I will be occupying one of the middle sibling roles but all others are free. Additional roles can include ones not listed. Any person can play up to two characters at a time. If enough characters are created, we can vote on an event in the familyโ€™s life to get the drama started.

i don't really

Awesome! I'd love to join this as well, middle or the oldest, I'd be interested in either.

Is it alright if my character has an older boyfriend, and this starts to clash because she wants to move out with him but can't due to the family finances?

Oh and since I see everyone say which role they prefer I will do the same =] a middle child or someone around 17 or so would be cool.

Hey guys! I'm so happy you're all interested. I just made a character sheet which you can find here and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

I need the person who plays my character's boyfriend to have him be seventeen years old.

I would really like to make someones 17 or 18 years old best friend (closeted gay and maybe a/someone's secret crush or something?) But if no one would be interested its okay =] I have a bunch of other ideas hehe

I would really like to make someones 17 or 18 years old best friend (closeted gay and maybe a/someone's secret crush or something?) But if no one would be interested its okay =] I have a bunch of other ideas hehe
I am interested in it, because I need someone to play as my character's boyfriend.

I am interested in it, because I need someone to play as my character's boyfriend.
I usually prefer for my characters to be single at the start and develop a relationship as the RP progresses since it makes it more interesting. Maybe my character can be your characters best friend and later on your C. Cheats on his boyfriend with my character or something?

I usually prefer for my characters to be single at the start and develop a relationship as the RP progresses since it makes it more interesting. Maybe my character can be your characters best friend and later on your C. Cheats on his boyfriend with my character or something?
Ok, lets go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back