• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shadows on the Canyon Floor | Paranormal Western/Weird West

Sleipnir

The Eight-Legged Norse Horse
Hi there!
I'm looking for a couple people to join in on a short-term weird west game with a single goal. It wouldn't be terribly long, but I do plan on eventually having several short games like this all placed in the same world.

The world in question is heavily based on the american Wild West, but in this world, we see the frontier inundated with ghosts, undead, and demons of all kinds, along with magic practiced by some of the people in the world. It's a dark, gothic place sometimes, brimming with creatures, gunslingers, and the odd witch.
I have an ongoing world-building page here with lore for this weird western world, including a handful of types of magic (which I plan to expand over time), places, monsters, and more.

This particular plotline will take place in the small town of Springdale, out in the desert, nestled in a canyon. It's an out-of-the-way, rural kind of place with lots of agriculture more than anything else, and recently, they've been having some trouble with monsters attacking their livestock grazing or free ranging up the canyon from town.
A prominent member of the community, one Ezekiel Blackham, is requesting the help of locals or folks willing to ride in to hunt down the hoard of demons and monsters responsible for the town's troubles. The town has pooled together a decent bounty, if only you can find and kill the creatures responsible for the loss of their goats and cows.

I think this is about as many people as we're gonna want for a shorter thing like this! I can start working on the sign-up page, like... today, really!

Hello again!
Yeah, now that I have, like... actual lore established and outlined, I'd be down to see the character edited according to the magic lore, then that'd be fine. She can still be from south of the Sanora or even over around Les Marais if you'd like. There's prevalent magic culture in that area. We can still work out any kinks there might be in the shift between magic culture being a pretty new phenomenon and such!

That'd make nine folks interested. I'll say yes but I'm also thinking you'll be the last person in! I might need to run or open more short roleplays in this world!

That's all good - I'll leave this rendition for the other eight and keep an eye out for your next roleplay in this world!

If you’re sure! Well just have to see how long it takes for me to inevitably make another thread.

There's still one or two people who voiced an interest who haven't followed up -- I'd like to give it a couple more days at least so folks can get clear of the holidays if they need to, but I'm thinking maybeeee... Saturday or Sunday, depending on what my schedule ends up looking like. My job gets... A little mentally tiring sometimes. So that might impact when I open the roleplay proper.

In the mean time, we have our OOC over here, and I'll be adding some more lore for different locations soon as well as updating the map!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back