• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ShadowBroker & Maevrys private RP

I N I R

"Please wait..." maybe she couldn't realize by all the anger dooming her best logical mind, yet Inir's voice sounded cracked and hallow, as if he lacked of the strength to speak louder. He shut his eyes and his hand tried to wipe his face from whatever he had... shame or tears yet neither were there... just the memory, the past toying with him. He then looked back at her and made a step forward, "I don't want to put anyone in danger. Do you understand that?" he raised his hand, trying to explain himself, "What is that you thought it would happen, Iris? Hmh? That... We will go together on the horse and ride against the enemies... odds against us. Fight together, bleed together... die together?" he continued to make steps forwards as he regained the strength on his voice, his hand still expressing what with words he couldn't, "I can't accept that someone dies because of my duty. I won't have it." he shook his head with anger, despair, "I know how it felt and I won't have it again. I don't want... to know I failed."

He looked back towards the graves, his eyes shaking in sorrow... but that sorrow was fill by hatred. The only thing that full his strength, his power. His devotion to protect? Or his devotion to harm? There was a very delicate line and Inir seemed clinging in the middle of it. He shook the emotion away as he faced once more Iris, "Forgive me." the words seemed both directed to her as it was directed to the one on the graves. Hard to tell... his eyes were now looking down to the ground. 

J O R A H

Jorah snorted once more as he rested his back on the throne, a small grin showing on the side of his face as he let his glance loose on the room. Thinking about anything but the war... the words of Vyral remembered him of how he was when he was younger. Not much of a difference though.

Jorah leaned forward and spoke, "Have anyone ever told you the story of my wife? Of how she pass away?" he smiled towards him, Jorah left the cup of wine aside and his hands united while their fingers connected with each-other, locking them between finger and finger, as if he was praying, "It's also the story of how Rason and Inir never get to... be together again as brothers." he stood up as if he was too eager to remain sit on his throne. He walked towards a statue and then turned back towards the Dragon. The statue was of a woman with a gentle gaze towards the sky, "A night. Rason and Hunter went to the hunt... First hunt of their life. Rason always showed superiority with the bow but he lacked the strength to finish the creature. Inir never find it hard to deliver the dead blow, he always thought he was being merciful... to ease the pain." his glance would turn darker as he spoke of the tragedy, "But Rason would be jealous of Inir's perspective and he would force him to use the bow... I am not sure how but, Inir shot the arrow and missed his practice target. Rason was in shock... he rush away to seek for help, someone that could heal her. But when he came back... Inir..." 

He looked away from Vyral and then he continued to find his point, "Rason might not be a great man, but that is due the tragedies he had to overcome... my failure as a father." 

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Her anger shattered away when she heard him call out for her to stop in his broken voice. She looked back in his direction, seeing how broken he was as he told her about what he feared. She understood his perspective, and could even share his fears. She looked down at the ground, disappointed in herself for losing control again. Whatever it was about Inir that made her lose control of her wit, she wondered if being near him was a bad idea after all. When he asked her to forgive him, she wondered if it was really her he sought forgiveness from, staring at the grave he stood in front of. "I'm sorry for losing my temper..." She said softly. "And I'm sorry about your mother."

She went up to him and wrapped her arms around the other, comforting him in the only way she could. "I will not go with you if that is what you wish, Inir. I won't die under your responsibility. Please don't look so sad... You're breaking my heart." She hugged him a while more, holding him close and staring down at the graves of those lost, sad for his pain.

V Y R A L

Vyral was shaken at where the king left off. Inir shot and killed his mother? This explained the way they socialized with one another, and why Rason was so cold to his sister. He didn't care for anything but war. Even with that knowledge, it didn't change the face that he pitied his sister's fate, to be with someone who would never love her or care for her the way the husband of a Dragon should. "I'm sorry to hear about this, your majesty.. I understand how that can break someone.. If my sister was aware, she too would understand." She just wouldn't know how to heal Rason.

I N I R

Inir hold her but not in order to show care but because he wasn't capable of standing on his own. Though the feeling would last a moment, his strength would recover, moment by moment. He tried to grasp with his lips her ear, trying to whisper her something, giving into her, "No one can survive in this world without help..." his voice still hallow, quiet. He would then be too close to her, holding her too tight that he would feel her body melting with hers, "No one..." he shook for a moment as he moved his head away just to kiss her again. At least that will give him some strength.

After that, he would move to his horse and mount it, he glanced back at Iris and understood she came her under her own risk, it was her choice. He nodded to himself, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword. He cleared his throat and said, "I would like you to stay, away from the danger so you can focus on your people... but." he made a pause, letting the most selfish part of himself come up, "I really would love to have you as my company... If you understand it will be dangerous."

J O R A H

"Break someone?" Jorah looked back at him, his eyes sparked in a way as if he awake something inside him, "He got a taste..." he moved forward as to face the man close, "A taste... of the real world outside these walls. I expected he had found the strength to overcome greater threats and failures... instead he develop this blood-lust." Jorah moved his hand away, as if he dismissed the thoughts, "There is no point on healing... where ever there is a cut, there will be a scar." 

Jorah sat down once more on the throne, finished talking, "Go. You must fulfill your destiny..."

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Iris didn't expect his kiss and it was different from their kiss before, but it still warmed her body to feel his lips against hers, his body pressed into her own. If she could provide any assurance to help him feel better or give him strength, she would. He was a respectable man when he was strong, and she didn't recognize him like this. Fully prepared to go back to the castle, she was elated to hear that he wanted her to come with. "I don't know if you realize, but my people are fighters. Even if I was not with you, I would still be up front in the battlefield, fighting this war.." She smiled. "And even now, I'm still helping them. It just so happens that I'm helping you too." She got up onto her horse and rode up beside him. "Which way are we headed?"

When he started leading the way, she trotted in front of him as though to show her superiority, but smiled in his direction to show she was teasing him.

I N I R

Inir moved his forward, gesturing to which direction they should go. South-West. The horses started to leave the Sacred Forest passing by the graves that lay on the base of the tree. Memories of the old civilization of Vorch, laying there as lapidates, ancient past full of secrets and power... as much of disgrace and sorrow.

It wouldn't take long to leave the sacred forest when they pass by a river, crossing the bridge. Easy to say whenever they left the Sacred Forest this way, even more when the forest stop being so lifeful and bright instead of dense and dark. The light of the sun, even on it's full strength, it was caste aside by the strong cups of the tallest trees of Vorch. Inir was avoiding the main roads, even the secondaries as he guided himself by his map. He didn't pass over Iris, knowing well she may as well rush out and the both would be lost in another enigma.

But then. The silence of the wildlife started to make it be evident. They were being followed. New shadows seemed to come and go, rushing from cover to cover like animals. Creatures of the darkness that melted with the shadows. Light steps yet horrible, horrible essence that could paralyze a heart beat. It felt alike the presence they faced on the back alley. Inir stop dry, dismounting as he looked around, too focus on the threat he would forget to warn Iris about it, but maybe he didn't have to.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Eventually she had her horse follow into step behind Inir. The trip would be long and dangerous, but the sway of the trees was calming. With the sun peaking through the underbrush, it was like a night sky during the day. Shadow under the trees, with sparkles of star. It reminded her of the previous night spent with him, of the fire flickering and the stars shining in the sky. She remembered the fight, how he pulled through and conquered the monster, how he took her to his cave and shared his stories with her. She remembered their kisses, both, the first nervous and soft. The second had the passion of lovers, though they'd never lain together.

From that, doubt blossomed in her mind. They had only just met and shared a night together. She felt a connection to him stronger than his brother, yes... and she knew a bit about him, true... But the speed of which it had happened frightened her. She was not a dainty woman to fall so easily for a man, as she had never fallen before. Yet it was his strength she was attracted to, and the way he made her laugh that kept her in his presence. Refusing to believe that she had fallen, she focused on the road, trying to draw her thoughts out from such things. It didn't matter anyways. After the war she would disappear without a trace, and while he knew she would, Iris would ensure he never knew when. So that even if he wanted to seek her out, follow her, or stop her, he couldn't. His place was with his people, and her place was... nowhere in this land.

Her entire back went rigid as she realized they were being followed by something. There was no noise in the forest besides the brush of wind against the trees. That wasn't natural. When Inir stopped, she trotted her horse forward a few more measures without a word to him. The female dismounted and disappeared into the forest, but a few moment later, Inir would hear a rustle of the trees before silence again. If he remembered their first encounter, he would be aware of what she had in mind and that she was aware of their predicament.

I N I R

Inir did not move from the center, drawing his sword as he acknowledge something was clearly wrong. The forest around them is flooded by traps that could immobilize them by wrapping their legs or arms, ropes laying right below their feet as if awaiting for someone to pass by. Beyond the traps there was the freedom as they should pass by the numerous shadows, still awaiting for the chance to seize control of the situation.

Each second that passed and the feeling of being surrounded became more and more strong consuming the little air, breathable air. Inir start to realize his position as he looked around and felt the same cold blade poking from the corners. Approaching, toying with his patience. He would like to advise Iris against her strategy but right before he could even say a word. The creatures like men came out from the darkness.

One by one, the men with the woven mouth would come out from the darkness, pulling from their belts daggers of the same sort that they found on the dark alley of Caelum and even the same tattoos beneath their haunted lost eyes. Their skin was pale and lifeless, just like their veins that turned dark purple long time ago as if it had rotten from the inside-out. They were making clicking sounds as if they were calling the others.

In just minutes, Inir Warden would be surrounded by ten of these creatures, his life clinging against their sharp blades. He tried to look for Iris but he lost sight of her. Though he knew she would be surrounded too any time soon... these abominations were still coming out from the darkness. But then, one of them wasn't holding a dagger but a rope as if it meant to take them both hostage instead of killing them. He started to ponder if he should resist.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She stayed in the trees as the enemy approached Inir, her arrow trained in on a target. She was determined to stay hidden and help Inir to the best of her ability so he wouldn't have to worry about her getting hurt, since that had been the concern in the first place. A soft sigh left her as she watched them surround him and was ready to strike one when something came at her from behind. Quickly reacting, Iris threw herself out of the tree and protected her crossbow from damage. Taking out her hatchet, the female locked away her crossbow and prepared for a fight. They soon surrounded her and tried to push her down and restrain her, but she cut away their ropes and knocked them down. Every time she got close enough to cut one of them, they faded away like it was nothing but an illusion. 

Fighting would do nothing. They needed to get out of here. "Inir!" She called a little ways away. "We need to get out of here, nothing harms them!"

I N I R

Inir would hear the voice of Iris from within the forest and he would charge towards her as he moves his sword along the way trying to hit one of the creatures but nothing happened, as if he was cutting the air itself. He tried to reach her passing by the others abominations, jumping into the bushes as he takes her hand and pull her. The only direction he follow was the one he could take that hadn't any kind of monsters coming out, trying to take them as they ran on foot...

The monsters like illusions would continue to appear along the way down the corridor made by the trees and roots that obstacle their pass. He tried to turn and move forward trying to get away from the beast. Escaping from the darkness that the monster were mustering.

At the end, they would reach the end of the dense forest without any warning finding dark rocks which were the very base of a cave. The ground there was different, hardener. It seemed like grave but without it's texture. The light of the sun was non-existent on this location, even less inside the cave at first. But then, something like a torch lighten up as the heart of the cave call them to take cover inside. The monsters would be coming their way any time soon... even worse, they could now hear the noises around the forest and beyond the cave. There was no where to run but to hide.

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpg

I R I S

Iris was full of adrenaline as she and Inir raced through the trees. Shapes of darkness appeared every so often, making her anxious that they were running into a trap. And a trap it was that awaited them, stuck between the cave and a horde of who knows what coming at them. She gave a deep sigh and took out her hatched, putting her back to his. "We can get out of this. I'll fight the ones coming towards us, you keep watch on the cave."

Then she prepared herself for the battle to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

I N I R

He couldn't do anything else but do as he was told. He rushed inside the cave on his search for that light that seemed alike a torch. However, the further he moved inside the light continued to fade away. He started to move faster ignoring how long and wide the cave was, but the seize began to be more and more of a tight spot where he could barely move. He started to shout inside the cave, "Wait! Wait there!" 

There was no answer what so ever from the holder of the torch as it banished from his sight and then, the darkness consumed Inir. There was no where to go but to go back. He tried to return but something was not right as his first step made him fall into a hole that was not there before. A secondary tunnel that took him by surprise without light to guide him. The fall wasn't a big one but it was enough to restrain him on the floor for a moment, trying to recover from such fall, "Iris!" he yelled with whatever strength he could muster just before the ceiling closed itself with a rock. Leaving him alone... caged underground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back