• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ShadowBroker & Maevrys private RP

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Iris has always loved to watch fights. When she wasn't participating in them, she was watching them. So many different types of people would fight, small vs big, fast vs slow, and through watching, she was able to pick up their techniques and use them to her own advantage. This was a fight of wit. In a normal situation, a man would have no ability against a giant. He was too big and could simply swing his sword to end the match. But Inir appeared to be smart enough to outwit something five times his height.

Every moment the fight got more and more intense, and in each of those moment, Iris stiffened when she thought it was the end of Inir. Her heart beat faster as she saw him gain the upper hand and knock the giant down. A smile graced her features once again as she cheered among the gasps of shock. When the silence came, she saw the look in his eyes, the look that the giant was about to die. But these matches were for fun, they were not meant to end lives. Even if he was this so-called kin-slayer, there shouldn't be death or it would change the mood. Would it really be festivities if the man died? She believed it wouldn't be.

She wanted to walk over and stop his blade, but the fight wasn't officially over. She had no say and no place to stop him. Respect for him bloomed into her heart, and she knew that whatever he chose, she would accept it. This man, here in Vorch, she could fight the war with. She never thought to think that of anyone but another from Erisdar. So she waited, watching him make his choice.

His hesitation persisted for a moment, eyes glanced back towards Iris and her face changed everything. He felt something on her as if she was telling him everything was alright, whatever he does... whatever his choice. He took a tighter grip on the hilt and separated the blade from the neck, preparing to deliver the dead blow. The tip of the sword raised high on the air, the light of the candles would the bright the steel until it became the reflection of the sun. But before he struck him down, he moved forward and hit the beast with the pommel to knock him down instead of cutting his head.

The beast ended on the ground, unmoved, The crowd said nothing, didn't cheer or celebrate as if they knew they couldn't do anything to Inir Warden, the kin-slayer. Though Inir didn't seem to care what they do to him, he looked back to the Master of the Arena and spoke, "The ring." he demanded as if he owned the place by now. The master did not reject his order and throw a bag with the ring inside. He would then walk away towards Iris's direction while a man would give her a bag with the reward she gained. Inir would only move towards his horse ready to ride away but waited for Iris to follow.

The reason for such a hurry was that the guards and the peasant started to surround them with interest. And not the good kind of interest.

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

As happy as she was that he had won, she was also very aware of the mood changing. Iris quickly followed Inir back to the horse, giving him a grin at his victory. The people stared at them as though they had ruined the evening for them, because they hadn't achieved the result they wanted. It brought a chill down her back to see the people all against him. Didn't they know who he was? Did they care that he was a royal prince? Should they love their royalty versus hate him?

Once up on the horse, she wrapped her arms around the back of him, less reserved than before and stared back at the people getting smaller and smaller as they made their way back into the city gates. "You were amazing," she murmured into his ear. "You'll have to fight me sometime to make up for taking my fight."

She wondered what time it was, and how long they had been up. As a dragon, she had no need for him to keep her warm, but it still felt nice to hold someone else. She wasn't even aware of such feelings until this moment. If she were to marry Rason, Inir would be her brother-in-law. She would have such a wonderful brother-in-law by her side, and she started to think the marriage wouldn't be so bad. Even if she went back home, she might have someone to trust and be close to.

I N I R

Inir was riding, but it wouldn't take long for Iris to realize that he wasn't, exactly, riding back to Caelum. He was riding East towards the beach quickly trying not to call out his surprise. Though Caelum was close to the beach itself and everyone could see it from the distance. He would only smile before her previous statement.

He would stop the horse dry at the moment they reached the beach, there was something like a hill before there was just the sand, and at the other side of the hill, a small cave. The hill was just the start of the base of the mountains that formed all along the continent, forming a spine of mountains ranges. He then would go down from the horse, and move towards the cave and say nothing until he was already inside, he would then shout, "Come inside or you will regret it."

The sound of the sea against the ground would be almost calming, too serene. The water would almost reach the cave if it wasn't that someone constructed some canals and wooden flanks to keep the water away from the doorstep. Inir was clearly waiting for her to come.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Just enjoying the scenery and laying her head on his back, she didn't really realize where they were going until they had gotten there. The trees passing them by was relaxing and she started to think she was really drunk, because she felt like she could hear the ocean. Then she saw the cave walls blocking her view of the trees and looked behind them. They were nowhere near Caelum, rather they were in a new direction. 

When the horse stopped and he got down from it, she watched him head further into the caves. She hopped off the horse and followed him in. "Where are we?" She murmured as she went to where he had gone and saw the canals blocking the waves from running them over. She stepped up onto the doorstep, right next to him, waiting to see where he was leading her next.

I N I R

Inir would open the door that looked more like a hatch and entered. The cave seemed prepare to be habitat. A small rug was inside with the purpose to clean their shoes from the sand. Further within there was a small round table with two chairs wooden awaiting them. The cave's core, it's center had those two chairs but in the right there was a bed with red bed-sheets. While at the left side there were bottles, some empty, some full. He had to light some torches before continue to check the surroundings carefully.

Once all was up and shinning, he would take two cups and a bottle of ale, he then sat down and let the cups at each side, serving the ale, "Here is my... cave. All the bears have it's cave." he tried to make a joke out of it. He took a sip from the drink as he got comfortable once more, "I am stressed, far more than I thought I could be." he left the cup back on the table, crossing his fingers together with the other hand, "Ready to play the last game of this night?" his left hand would slightly push the cup forward towards her as if he was insisting on drinking part, "It's simple, you ask a question and I answer, if you believe I lie and I did lied then I drink.. if not, you drink. The same goes if you believe I said the true. You catch the general idea." he took the cup with both of his hands and asked, "Do you want to marry my brother?"

She didn't know if it was from watching his fight or the ale talking, but she didn't want to lie to him. "No," she murmured. "I am not very fond of your brother."

Then she thought about her question for him, not knowing him well enough to ask a good question. She smiled as she sat down beside him and leaned in close. "Are you called the kin-slayer because you've killed one of your own flesh and blood?" She knew she shouldn't ask the question, but she was so curious and unable to contain her curiosity. Iris had a lazy smile as she watched his every move, looking for the indicators of a liar, but genuinely curious to know as well.

(Replying from phone)

I N I R

Inir would nod in agreement as he slowly raises his cup to drink though, "Not any familiar... she was my mother." he answered without moving a muscle, looking right into her eyes as he raised both of his eyebrows, he then leaned forward as well just to match her curiosity, "I took my sword and shove it in it's back. I have my reasons though... not sure anyone would give a damn." maybe he was saying the true, maybe not. But he didn't strike anyone that the kind of people who would kill someone without a good reason. But there is also his title... Kin-slayer.

He would then look at her eyes and ask her, "Are you planning to leave us? To leave the alliance?" someone who would like it in here wouldn't leave the country because a bad marriage, and she seem the kind of person who doesn't like to stay in a place for long.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Her mind went back to first meeting him in the woods, and she wondered if that's where he was going. The Sacred Forest was called such because of the graves that inhabited them somewhere. It would make sense for him to visit the grave of his mother, but someone he had killed? Her mind stirred the idea. "I.. believe you," she murmured, though was a bit indecisive. He was a strong warrior, this much was true. But was he such a man who would murder his own mother? And for what reason? Nonetheless, she took a gulp of her ale, staring straight into his eyes by how close they were to one another's face now.

"Are you planning to leave us? To leave the alliance?"

"No," she replied calmly, keeping the same lazy smile of curiosity she previously had. He was sharp to think of that, but there wasn't any way for him to know she was lying. Unless he had heard one of her talks with her brother... but that was impossible. They would have heard him before he had heard them. She wondered if he'd catch her in this lie or let it slide. "Has your brother ever had romantic interest in a woman before?" She asked the question, though through the haziness of her mind, she was slightly curious more curious whether or not Inir had ever loved a woman before. Her thoughts went back to seeing his sister and he together twice.

I N I R

Inir would smile slightly when he heard she said no, taking a small sip of his drink, though hardly taking her gaze away from her. She strike him as the kind of independent woman that does only what she wants rather what she is told to. But that wouldn't be enough reasons to reach such a conclusion that she is lying. Either way he was happy about it, knowing she would be around a bit longer.

Then her question came, he found it joyful but tried to answer the best he could, "A man with a title such as mine can't see it's family too often." he answers as he lowers his gaze to his cup, though registering her as well. He then would raise his sight and breath heavily as if trying to answer, "As far as I know, he never care about being in love."

He would stare at her eyes and make a small grin, thinking a bit, trying to learn something more about her. Maybe something that may be more important, or at least of his interest. "What about you?" he made a suggestive smile, "Are there any groom that I should worry about? I wouldn't like a long line of pretenders ready to hit my brother on his pretty face..." adding a small joke as if that was his main interest. 

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She could believe his answer, it didn't really surprise her. She took another sip of her ale and giggled at his question. He wanted to know if there'd ever been someone she had an interest in. If it had been before she met him, she could have said no and had it be true. Alas, her answer was officially a lie. "No. No men have approached me for me to take an interest in them," she murmured. "In Erisdar, it's tradition for the two of interest to fight in a 2v2 battle together and win by working together versus trying to protect one another or fight on their own. Other than my brother, no one can match me in a fight so most assume they wouldn't be a good match."

"I don't think I'd be able to fight with your brother like that," she added softly, and wondered what it would be like to fight against and together with Inir. She swiped the thought from her mind. She had drunk way too much ale, for her to be thinking of the person in front of her that way. He was the brother of her betrothed. She had no right to go around lusting after someone she could never have. "Do you have anyone of romantic interest?" She said the words to hurt herself, hoping he said yes to dissuade her from thinking such thoughts about him.

I N I R

Inir would hear on her question and then he would think through it. He stared at her eyes as he pondered if she was asking for the same reason he was. After what he done, all the journeys he went through and all the people he met... he couldn't say he did find someone he cared so deeply beside his own family. Ironically knowing people address him as kin-slayer behind his back. He would sigh and answer, "There is one." he tried to tease with her, "It's strange, but I didn't have much time to consider romantic relationships. In Vorch we have many traditions from the Old Ways. To marriage someone, the partner must tell the other one it's biggest fear." he stared at her once more as he elude his answer with an interesting story telling, "To reveal our weakness, to expose ourselves to the mercy of someone else is to truly trust on that person. No need of lies, riddles... just the heat of the true burning on each-other's chest... doubts set aside." 

His eyes shaken a bit as he tried to catch her glance, trying to choose which of the two eyes he should be looking at, "Why are you here?" he wanted to ask. He couldn't help himself to question the motivation of her escape from the Castle. He tried to explain in case the question was too general, "What are you running away from?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

His answer brought a twinge of disappointment into her mind, but was washed away by hearing his old traditions. The idea of being completely open to someone was nothing but a dream in her mind. She couldn't open up to anyone completely. She was sure it was physically impossible for her to do so. When he asked his next question, she paused and looked deeper into his eyes, trying to understand his question. "Oh, you mean out exploring? I wanted to be distracted.. to not think about the war and marriage to come," she spoke honestly. Maybe find some man to whisper pretty words into my ear before I have to get married into a loveless marriage.

"Why did you follow me?" Her smile had disappeared, but came back when she focused on him instead of herself. She crossed her arms over one another and laid her head between them as she stared up at him, glancing idly at his lips every few minutes. If he hadn't come with her, she might have found that person to keep her company... But she would never have had such a good time as she had with him.

I N I R

He would leave his cup aside on the table by now, only trying to focus on her. His hand moved to search something on his pocket as he answered, "I don't know." he finish the answer with such doubtful answer. His answer was from a man who hesitate on it's every move or a very passionate one that does only acts for the will of it's heart, "Well, beside of try to ensure you were safe and that you didn't die in some dark alley... I genially don't know."

His hand would finally take out something from his pocket, a bag and as he opened the bag as well, the ring. He would expect that she backed up or anything, regardless of the reaction. He would give the ring to her, placing it inside her palm as he asked, "After the war... are you going to leave us?" his eyes pierced on her just like the stars on the dark veil that is the night, "After this, it will be your last question and my answer. Make it count."

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Her heart beat faster as he pressed the ring into her hand. He was so close to her, and be it the alcohol or just the way he looked, she wanted to do something stupid. She had crushed on men before, but after a fight against them, her crush faded. Whoever she had an interest in, she beat in a fight and that was the end of that. But Iris didn't want to fight Inir, no.. She wanted to do something far more dangerous than that. When he asked if she'd leave, and she looked into his eyes, she didn't know the answer. Iris didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay and battle with Inir and teach his sister to fight too. Yet knowing what awaited her staying, she knew she had no choice to leave. "... No," she lied to him, biting her bottom lip.

Trying to think of the perfect question for him, the words slipped out before she knew what she was asking. "Do you want to kiss me?" They were soft, breathless words. She had taken the ring and pulled it over her finger, their faces only inches apart. She hoped he didn't say no, or what she was about to do would be very foolish.

I N I R

His ears would hear her No, but his eyes would know better. Why she lies is something that escaped from him. Inir thought they were being honest until this very point. How could he trust someone who keeps him true away so desperately and to what end? He couldn't understand, he didn't want to understand. But then, her question came.

Inir could react to her question, not instantly though. What would his brother think about him if he does say yes? Well, nothing far more worst than the Kin-slayer. What about his father then? What about the alliance and the people that he sworn to protect and save, and all thanks to an arrangement that has been already settle? He barely managed to sight as he start to think it was just the ale and the fight that just throw his sense up and... lost his way. Being too close, he couldn't just do something, or say anything by now.

There was no need for an answer. His right hand would reach her cheek, crossing her ear almost stroking the hair that is on the way. He would then lean forward and almost pull with his hand, though more to guide himself; and then he would kiss her. A simple kiss, not more than that. It lasted fair 10 seconds which was more than enough to drive him mad, "No one must know about this..." he mumbled. His eyes trying to focus on her, "No one." 

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She shook her head and pulled him back in, pressing her lips against his once more. Her tongue playfully slipped out and poked his lip, then she nipped his bottom lip before finally pulling back. Her breath was hard from the second kiss and she nodded her head this time. "No one will know," she whispered. "... Thank you."

Standing up, the female closed her eyes for a moment, scared that she would kiss him again if she looked at him any longer. The sun would likely rise soon, and they both needed to get back to the castle. "I lied to you," Iris said to him, remembering the tradition of being honest with one another. "When the war is over, I'm leaving and never looking back. I'll take the first boat off the coast and probably never come home again." Then she went out the door and waited for him. "We should be getting back now, or everyone will know we were gone."

Not looking at him, she rubbed her fingers over her lips, awed at the feeling. It was just skin, touching each other, but it was so intimate and forsaken it felt like he was a dragon breathing fire, burning her lips and branding that moment into her memory forever.

I N I R

Inir nodded as he still was under the spell of her lips. blinking more times than she could follow as he regains composure. Her whisper didn't help to recover his focus as he stood up with her, his eyes following her as if they were devouring her figure. But he knew better that to continue playing along with her. He hardly slept anything and he could sense the ale was giving him the back-fire effect.

But then the true strike at him. She was going to leave. He remained paralyze before the door as the answer seemed to be more of what he expected of her. His hand was stuck on middle air, just inches away from opening the door as he stared at it, a hallow glance as if he was thinking in what to do with this information? He tried to fake a smile, grin, anything... but then she went out the door and his faked reaction couldn't be accomplished nor he needed to.

He didn't say anything at the whole scenario, he simply went towards his horse, ignoring the fact his heart was burning on his chest as he offered to take her once more on horseback. His lips were seal and his sight almost too tired to remain open, glanced back towards Caelum as he knew how to go back inside.

The gates would be open by now as the people returned to the city or started their journey to other towns having to sell their goods elsewhere, Inir would take her right to the tower where he left to seek for her, a maintenance tower for the servants that was not guarded. He would dismount the horse, leave it back on the stable and guide her to the very first steps of the tower, right before he let her go inside... knowing her state wouldn't be the indicate to climb the walls, he would pull her to kiss her once more as if he already missed the feeling. His arms wrapped around her and that was all. He would then back away saying, "I will see you in the council meeting."

She might not know what that meant but soon she would. While Inir moved back towards the main gates and called the guards to open them. He moved back to his chambers so the servants would see him as if he was guarding the corridors and not out there doing whatever he use to do. Once on his chamber, he would change his clothes and wash his head. Then his head would fall on the pillow, tired.

J O R A H King of Vorch

Jorah, the King of Vorch, could be found on the council chamber. Taking a long nap on his throne. Four servants were standing near by without knowing if they should wake him up or let him sleep on his throne. Everyone on the chamber could hear his snoring becoming louder under his beard, his head laying slightly forward, and his back.

The servants were biting their lips in fear as they didn't want to wake him up yet he was always fair inches before falling to the floor. Swinging under the effects of the alcohol as if he was about to fall all the time. If it wasn't enough, he started to speak, "More..." the servants, shocked by the image of their King, though knowing him well enough, would stare with wide eyes and listen intently to it's command, "Wine..." Jorah would finish his statement. Everyone hesitate if it was a good idea to give a defeated man more alcohol. But then, the man shouted, "I said more wine!" clearly on his dream, he wasn't getting what he wanted, nor on the living world.

A servant would rush to get the wine while another a cup and leave it near by full of wine. As if Jorah could even notice the difference, "Your funny..." the King would speak, still sleeping. The man would slowly turn towards the king, ""Me, my king?" the King would continue his snoring as he speaks, "You... will be my jester."

Of course the conversation would become a bit too much of a coincidence to the servants as the King was dreaming exactly what seem a perfect conversation. Yet they didn't seem to catch a difference.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Their trip back was silent, but she enjoyed hugging him on the way home, her head pressed up against his back. They weren't likely to get another evening like this, and developing feelings for this man was very dangerous. She knew that after the war, she really would need to leave. Iris wasn't sure she'd be able to marry his brother and be around him like none the wiser. She didn't love this man, but she'd rather marry him than Rason. It just wasn't meant to be, and she was aware of that. 

When they got back to the castle he took her in through the side and showed her one of the old servant halls where she could get back to her room on her own. She was hesitant to go back, not wanting their moment to be over. When he took her into his arms again, she lifted her head thinking he would kiss her but that kiss never came. When he backed away from her, she gave him a sad smile before going into the castle.

Once back in her room, the princess laid in her night shift on the bed, thinking about the evening she had just had. Preparing herself a bath, she slipped out of her clothes and stepped into the tub, sighing softly as its warmth wrapped around her. After such a night, it was time she focused on the war. Iris couldn't allow her mind to be clouded by matters of the heart, so she replayed the fights from last night, memorizing each move into her mind until she was certain she would be able to duplicate them. She got out of the tub when the water had cooled, having scrubbed her skin and over her scales. Her hair smelled aromatic from the concoction they'd given her to use for it. 

In her towel, she laid back down on the bed and stared out the window of her room, and dozed off into a light sleep.

V Y R A L

Vyral was woken up by a brisk knock to the door. He grunted loudly, giving permission to whoever was outside to come in. It was one of his men in charge of spying on Alcazar. The prince was shocked to hear that they had already attacked, and a main trade city at that! He sent his servant away with a loud sigh and quickly prepared for the morning. "Someone wake up my sister and bring her to me," he barked out to one of the servants there.

"Y-your majesty, there is a council meeting this morning," the servant replied. "She will likely be getting ready for that."

"Very well, show me where this meeting is to be held." The servant led him down through the castle into a large room where the king sat at the end of the table looking as though he hadn't really slept at all. He saw his sister come down shortly after, and she looked like she hadn't gotten much sleep either. "Tea," she murmured softly. "Can someone please bring me some tea?"

He moved closer to his sister and whispered into her ear, "Busy night?" She gave him an odd look that was a mixture of annoyance and sadness. He wanted to ask what was wrong, but then remembered what had brought him downstairs in the first place. He led his sister to sit down beside him, and waiting for the other council members to show up.

I N I R  &  S U R A

Inir Warden would be sleeping for quite a long time until Sura would come knocking his door. "Brother? The Council meeting is about to begin!" he moved his legs, trying to take away the sheets of his bed. Then he shouted from inside his chamber, "Sura?" he asked blindly as he tried to see anything on his blurry sight. He step out from his bed and speak once more, "What time is it?" he looked outside through the window as the light crushed his eyes, burning the inside of his brain, "Damn it!" Sura entered the room and leave him the chain mail on his night-table, the belt and the sword; all ready for the meeting, clean and sharp.

Sura sighed and walked away, not being able to tell him anything but a, "Everything is clean and ready, come on brother!"

Inir took the clothes and moved down towards the Council Chamber. Rason Warden was beside him when he got out... he seem like if he was waiting for his brother, "You seem tired, brother. I heard people with a bad conscience don't sleep well."

He smiled at him, almost like a grin. He stared at him for a moment and cleaned his shoulder a moment, wiping nothing at all, "Whoever wrote that must be a saint. Such a merciful person... I sure want to meet that person." Rason did not share his sense of humor, not any kind of humor at all. He opened the door and walked away with Inir towards the Council.

S O N S   O F   V O R C H

Jorah woke up and drunk some more wine as he saw the two Dragons already sat down. He chuckled at the image and spoke, "In the name of the Seven. Hope I haven't gave you a... wrong idea." he accommodate himself on the back of the throne, as the first Council Members reached the chamber. Lords and Ladies of all the castles Vorch had. One of them seem too eager to give his news. It was clear enough since everyone was reaching for it's chair but this one came right before the King himself.

"Your grace! The strategy point has fallen. Lord Commander Huge had withdraw all forces from the battle field, he have not encounter the enemy. Now they are laying siege to Castle Bear!" Jorah stare at the Lord with more than curiosity, he was shock by Lord Huge's last strategy. Why would he leave the strategy point without forces.

Rason moved in and spoke highly, "Lord Davros, even if those news are shocking... Lord Commander put in practice an exceptional strategy. He withdraw the forces letting people die in order to gave them a false victory." Lord Varos sat down while Rason moved around the table, reaching Jorah's side. Inir would come as well but he would stay away from the conversation, taking the place of a King's guard which where away from the round table, "Now he has his forces behind them, ready to strike."

Inir would only look towards Iris slightly, trying not to lose focus on the conversation. But before he could even gave her a sign of... of anything. Jorah spoke, "I can't believe, Lord Huge's actions. But I see his strategy may give us a powerful advancement. The war may not last as long as we thought it would." 

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

"By the end of today, the troops from Erisdar will reach the border," her brother said. "If you have more warriors to send out, we should move together as one unit. We should act on Lord Huge while we can and push them back."

"My brother and I intend to go out to lead the warriors, we want to strike them at their most vulnerable," she spoke up. "The root of the problem is that rogue king, who broke the silent treaty between our countries."

Her mind was completely focused now, having gone through three cups of tea in under 10 minutes. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Inir, but refused to look in his direction. If she looked at him and noticed him, she would think about the night they had spent together and crave the feeling of his lips against hers again. It would make her sad and unfocused. She had to stay strong and wise for the battles to come. Part of her wanted to fight beside him, but the other part wanted him as far away from her as possible. Her feelings were no place for the battlefield, not when he could fall at any moment right before her eyes, and she would have to keep fighting. "Our unit can move on its own, but I thought it would be good for our alliance if one of your units combined with them. Iris will co-lead this combined unit with whoever is in charge."

S O N S   O F   V O R C H

Jorah would nod before Vyral as if he was agree towards his plan of unite the forces but then a Lord spoke up, "We must honor the choice of Lord Commander. It's strategy must be follow. The forces of Vorch should move towards Castle Bear but not intervene until our Lord Commander gives us his plan of attack." Rason stared at his father and the whispered something on his ear, like a cunning advisor. All the loyal Lords started to talk to one another, discussing the movements of their soldiers.

Jorah would then nod as well towards him as he spoke up before the Lord, "Lord Commander strategy is well known, he wishes to take the enemy from behind. We must move towards Castle Bear and force the siege to an end." Jorah stood up as he locked his arms behind him, he thought for a moment what the Dragon said and, the obvious, happened, "Rason Warden, my son. He will lead our forces and break the siege of Caelum. Lords, be aware that war is here. Raise your levies and move under my son's banner and we shall see together a new era."

The Lords bowed their heads, stood up and walked away from the Council room but Jorah spoke once more, "Vyral, Iris... sons." he added as he walked down from his throne towards the table. He made a sign with his hand, giving the order to the King's guard to close the door behind the Lords of Vorch, "Lord Commander gave the order to sacrifice people without my permission. I can't deny it's choice or take him into custody for his current title." Jorah sighs as he drinks more wine, "But we need people like him to win wars. For that, I have an special assignment."

Inir moved forward as he knew he was going to be chosen for the task when his father said, "Special assignment". He knew he would be send for a task but he never thought of something special. Jorah nodded towards Inir as his son asked, "What do you need me to do?"

Rason stopped Inir right there as he asked, "What is so special of this mission that can't be done for one of our Lords?" Rason crossed his arms before his chest and then looked back to his brother, "Don't feel offended, little brother. But I can know of more loyal soldiers to fulfill it's duty."

"This is not about duty or honor." Jorah stared at Inir once he demised Rason's ideas and previous statements, his glance seemed haunted by what he was going to say. The task wasn't special because of a matter of gravity on strategy resource... it was special for the risk of the task, "I will send you behind the lines to attend Lord Commander Huge. I want you to find him and ensure he does not put anyone else in danger."

He would take a heavy breath, it would be difficult to pass through the enemy lines without being spotted. He thought for a moment as he crossed his arms on his chest. He closed his eyes as if he knew it would be the end of him, "Why me?" he grinned before he gave an answer at all. Jorah did not respond, instead he leaned back as if he withdraw for a moment, "I see." Inir opened his eyes and looked back to his father and then back towards his brother, "Then I will depart. Wish you good fortune in the war, father." he turned back and moved towards the doors that opened for him.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She watched the way they interacted, and how Inir was forced into this task. "I will go with him," she spoke up without thinking. 

Vyral looked at his sister but nodded. "Yes, this works. You two can join back up with our forces after you've served with Lord Commander Huge. i will manage the forces in the meantime, sister."

Iris followed behind Inir, determined not to let him go alone. She don't know what possessed her to volunteer like that, but there was no turning back. She didn't get too close to him, even though part of her wanted to hold his hand or his arm and pull him in. She would need to stay focused for the journey to come. 

Her brother stayed behind to continue chatting with them about the rest of the plans, and Iris said very little to Inir except "I'm going to gather my weapons. Wait for me by the stable." Then she was off, mentally beating herself up for being an idiot and letting her emotions control her actions.

R A S O N

Rason would smile slightly as he watched Iris walk away, his eyes would move to meet Vyral's as he continued to smile in such a impudent way. Then he would reach for Jorah and so speak, "There is no reason to wait here any longer. I will command the forces towards Castle Bear." he bowed his head and walked away towards another corridor and disappear from Jorah's sight.

The King would sit down once more on his throne, tired while his headache continued to torment him, but a question remained at hand as he stared at Vyral, "Your sister seems eager to aid Inir's task." he spoke as he stop drinking just to show his interest, "I wonder why." Jorah let out a quiet snort as if he already knew. Though he didn't do anything about it, as if Jorah thought Inir would do the right thing for his people, regardless of what he felt.

Jorah looked at him thinking if he knew. If he knew anything of what his sister was is even thinking to do. But Jorah... with all the experience he has and the empathy of a father he could see right through anyone's shield and see their lies.

I N I R

Inir wouldn't believe she follow him, he nodded towards her in acceptance. But when she moved away, he continued walking. He reached the stables but did not wait. He took the horse mounted up and rushed out towards the gates. The gates opened and close fast at the sight of Inir Warden, as if they knew he would pass through here quickly and there would be little time to move.

Why he done it? He thought she would be better off without him than with him. After all... she could be distracted, she could lose focus on what was important.... Even he could. To have life clinging to his judgment, he couldn't stand the idea. He directed himself towards the Sacred Forest. He would like to ask forgiveness from his mother.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

When she went to the stables with her supplies, she didn't see him. At first, she wondered if he too was packing, before she realized the truth. He'd left without her. Iris's eyes widened, then sharpened in anger. She took a horse and headed out of the city, hurt that he left her behind, that he spat on her decision to follow him. She made that decision even though it brought suspicion, and he left her because of who knows what kind of idiotic emotion. She almost passed him without even noticing, but then saw his horse and reared her own back around. Her eyes flashed into Dragons' eyes as she jumped from her horse and went into the clearing where the graves were located. "YOU," she growled at him, barely in control of her anger. "You DARE leave me behind?" 

Iris was seething with anger, hurt, and betrayal. She was running off of pure emotion, logic be damned. She marched up right in front of him and stared up into his eyes. "I want to help you, and you leave me in the dust." Her mind ran through a thousand possibilities of what to do. She wanted to pull out her sword and fight him, or kiss him again... or both. Instead of either, she just stared at him. Then she turned on her heel and headed back for her horse. "VERY WELL." She hopped onto it and didn't look back at him. I shall go off on my own and bring back the head of this rogue king. If he abandons me and my people sacrifice me, then I have no loyalty towards any of them.

V Y R A L

Vyral had little clue what his beloved sister was up to. Perhaps she had somehow grown close to Inir in only a night. Maybe she just wanted to be as far from her betrothed as possible. Or was she planning to leave? Was she going to do something reckless because she didn't want this arrangement? Vyral visibly shook his head, and remembered the king had asked him a question. "I have no idea what's going on through my sister's mind," he said truthfully. "But I do believe she is opposed to this marriage. It's likely she doesn't want to be around Rason."

Lying to the man who would be his sister's father in law was pointless. Rather than have the king expect heirs and get none, Vyral supposed it would be wiser to be upfront with him. "And he.. I don't think he has any interest in her either. Which doesn't help my sister to think logically," he muttered. "Forgive me for my blunt speech. I hope I did not offend you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back