• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ShadowBroker & Maevrys private RP

Sura shook and swallow the moment Iris winked at her, "I might share it with an ally..." does she knows?  she continued the thought. Yet as clever as she was, even cleverer than Inir and Rason combine, she remained silent but grin slightly at her proporsal. Her eyes would reach her cup of wine and leave on the table as the King spoke, "Ha! What I do remember is your family being worry that your 'mischief' would commit a political incident. They should have known better that we are not barbarians... yet" the old man smiled as he took another sip of the cup of wine while Sura couldn't manage to fade her smile on her face. Jorah was curious, "And what have you done on this day, Sura?"

Sura raises her eye-browns as she reached for the food once more, thinking of a good answer. Her hazel eyes would only meet Jorah's the moment she manage to cut a piece of meat, "I being on the market, at the park and in my chambers and there was nothing of interest." she said with her voice in a very disappointing tone,  "Except when Lord Marnid's son visited me for a lovely evening..." Inir blinked a few times, knowing that the only 'Lord' who she saw on the evening was himself. He reached for the cup and asked the servant, very politely, to change his wine for ale, "He took me on horseback and ride the horse a along the valley, the never endless sea's sand, then we bypass the main road and reached the Sacred Forest. A very... lovely, evening." he also requested a bigger cup, though all in the secret through whisper.

"You should be more careful, sister." Rason claimed as he finished his cup of wine, adding another comment to her story, "You have yet to learn how to ride. It would be a misfortune that you accidentally break your head." Sura stared at his brother with a very skeptical sight yet with a smile, thinking he truly knew nothing about her adventures.

Jorah would look back towards Princess Iris and then speak, "Maybe you two can have your moment to know each-other, meanwhile we prepare the chambers for the night." The King knew Iris may not know about Sura in any possible way for she wasn't always a Warden. He also knew that if he wanted Iris to remain confident, he will need something more than just elegant rooms, memories and nostalgic. He finished his cup and claim, "More wine." he exclaimed towards the servants that were against walls, covered in the shadows of the columns that kept the ceiling from becoming part of the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She quieted down a bit after that, sipping her water and enjoying the food. Her brother told some of his stories to Inir and Rason, getting to know them better. They would be in-laws soon, after all. How she would get out of this marriage was beyond her. One good thing came from all of this though, because her fiance's sister was very interesting and his brother was somewhat amusing as well. I'll get you back for tonight, she sent a silent promise to the male chattering away with her brother.

V Y R A L

After the Warden girl's story, it somehow led the conversation to him and he started to converse with his brothers-to-be. Some of his stories were about Iris and how she had learned to hold and shoot a bow by herself, and found fun in figuring out the trick to hitting the target every time. Other stories were about his fellow warriors back home. When he finally finished, he noticed dinner was coming to its end. The male figured his sister would want time to herself soon, but was still a bit fearful that including running away. The thought of her spending time with the other princess gave him some hope she wouldn't disappear.

Jorah would remain on the hall, drinking mostly as there was nothing else to eat that gave him any satisfaction than the wine on his hand. Rason would just move and reach for his own chamber, tired of the charade and the relentless night that seem never to end for him... too eager to fight once more on the battlefield. Inir and Sura would walk away together towards the corridors that suppose to reach an external corridor with sight of the city itself.

The servants would aid both Iris and Vyral to find their chambers if they so requested, Jorah would all allow them to leave since the admirable image of their King, drinking till morning comes, wasn't as spectacular as the stories say.

I N I R  &  S U R A

The both of them would be talking about the dinner, though more importantly the guests. They were walking towards the garden on the backyard though they got distracted by the image of Caelum... how the candles lighted the streets even when the nightfall consumed it all. Watching every corner of the city and forcing their sight further away as they tried to distinguish the buildings ahead, curious of what was ahead.

"No... I think it's the house of... the one with the funny beard." she pondered thinking on the man, curious of the name though she knew the name, she only wanted Inir to finish her sentence. Inir would be half distracted but he was asking himself the same question, "Kinda tall, kinda fat... Oh, he always has it's axe over his right shoulder as if he was going to cut someone in half!"

"Pod?" he chuckled a bit with her as she nodded in agreement, "My god, Pod! He always makes does weird noises with the... teeth... as if he was chewing something." He shook his head twice before looking back at her. Curious. Doubtful. She doesn't use to take Inir to play this things under no condition at all. She always takes her time to say the true which isn't Inir's way to express himself at all.

/monthly_2016_12/new1.jpg.d3244a49a21988dc39e2bd828a9a827a.jpgView attachment 215677

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Iris and her brother were led back to their chambers and sent the servants away. She muttered something to her brother about exploring and he waved his hand, not even going to try and stop her. She went to her room and changed into a tan, thin-fabric tunic and similar fabric'd pants. She left most of her gear and put on leather shoes so her steps would be silent. She didn't even bother going out through her door, but instead made her way down her window. She had no need for rope, lithe like a cat. She made sure to stay in the shadows, and got herself to the bottom without being spotted. 

She froze at the sound of two people talking together, a boy and girl, before recognizing it as Inir and Sura. Her eyes searched for another way past them so she could venture out into the city and be home before dawn.

V Y R A L

The prince waited until his sister had left before asking a servant to lead him to Rason's room. He sent the servant away and knocked twice. When Rason opened the door, the male pushed past him and let himself in. Being more of a blunt person, he murmured to the Warden boy, "Do you dislike my sister?"

I N I R  &  S U R A

"Is everything alright?" Inir asked worried, though his eyes wouldn't reach to see Iris, his ears would hear something odd in the environment. Though the idea of someone climbing the walls bypass him as he had more important subjects to discuss with her sister. Though she didn't seem please to discuss the matter at hand. Her hands were shaking as her fingers would eagerly stroke her hands searching for the guts to speak, "You want to say something."

Sura nods hysterically while her breath and voice would crack. Her eyes not being capable to watch him, to look at him, "You came back." she said almost as if it passed years since the last time she saw him. Inir knew well, lowering his sight to the floor as if he was ashamed, "And now..." she would slowly turn her head towards him, trying to look at him, "You are going to leave again... when the war finally arrives."

Inir would hesitate to what to say, "Sura..." he stare at her, trying to think in a good line, some speech full of inspiration. Yet for his sister, for the only one who awaits him every night, awake... staring outside the window of her chamber, "You worry too much."

"You worry too much..." She would then push him full of anger, "How dare you to say that? Not to worry?" She shook her head, no tears however in this frustration, "I can't sleep, eat or even live knowing you throw yourself like that into danger."

"We have the Dragons now, don't we?" he smirked, trying not to show his own worries about death, "With this alliance, if Rason manage, maybe I won't need to draw my sword." 

R A S O N

Rason would be rather surprise but he would close the door as he searched for the book he was reading before going to bed. Thinking on the question at hand, he answered, "You offend me, Dragon." he answers as he continued reading, using his finger to guide his sight, "I can not dislike someone I am simply can not care." once he finished that statement he would look towards Vyral and add, "I am a Leader, the heir of Vorch. I seek for the war and the honor it shall grant me. Marriage is not on my agenda... but." he smiled a little, "It is what I require to leave this tower and face my foes. I believe she likes the idea the most..."

He stood and closed his book. He then took it and leave it on the surface of a table, "Why?" he asked curious, "Are you worry that I discard her like a tool? Nonsense... I might be blunt but I am still a man honor."

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Iris stifled a giggle at first to see the man from the forest so enamored with his sister, then she sobered up at the truth of his sister's words. War was coming soon, and when it came, the men would be called to fight for their people. Maybe at first, Inir could stay, but his people would not stand for him to avoid war. He would have to join with the rest of the soldiers or face heavy consequences and dishonor because of it. The same way she knew that back home their little brother was preparing for war, that while he was so young, he would still fight. It was their responsibility, and while Iris was promised to Rason, she still fully intended to take part in the war. She would fight beside her people, and when it was over, hopefully she could go home.

She moved silently in order to avoid their gazes, crouching low until she was right at the wall that led outside. Climbing the tree beside the wall she made a jump to catch the ledge and pulled herself up. Her eyes looked once more to the castle before she dropped off the other side and continued her journey into the city, curious at what nightlife awaited her.

V Y R A L

"I merely wondered if you would be a good fit for her," he bit out the words. "She doesn't want this either. If we could all be home and preparing for war as a family, it would make her far happier. But if she is stuck with it and must behave by your country's traditions, you'd best treat her well. All you bears keep calling us Dragons, but you have seen little proof of that. Unless you plan to go to your father this night and ask him to end this stupid arrangement, I would see you courting my sister tomorrow. I can assure you, she won't be like any of the women you've ever met."

I N I R  &  S U R A

Inir sensed something moving and giggling. Since the subject wasn't the case for joy, he put more attention to his surroundings... a tree was moving. Clearly someone was climbing the trees and since everyone on Caelum never ever done such thing since Iris came. There was only one possible solution to his doubts.

However, Sura would feel Inir's absence and asked, "What is it, brother?" she tried to look towards the city, trying to find what kept his distracted. Yet it was just an instant and now there was nothing to see. She even neglected the giggling, being too focus on the dilemma.

"Trouble makers..." he answered as he looked back to Sura, "Cover me, sister. If someone asks, I am on my chambers." he moved towards the stairs of maintenance rather than climb, since he knew the right path to reach the city without being spotted. Though Sura remained there, thinking carefully on his words. Also swearing under her breath since she hasn't fully open to her brother and everything she felt.

R A S O N

"You don't seem to understand the situation at hand." he watched him indifferent, facing him less than a meter away from each other, "Whatever your sister plans are I can't care less. The only thing I will give her is the chance to prove herself in battle..." he smirked as he moved towards the door and opened it, "So I wonder, when she finds out that I gave her the chance to fight instead of sit here, acting like a lady-in-waiting or a trophy... tell me, do you think she will care if I court her?" he chuckles as the rhetorical question, "The audience is over, Dragon." two guards would appear at the other end of the door, the servant told the guards about this special treatment.

I N I R  & The city of Caelum. 

Iris would be walking down the various roads that Caelum had to offer. Empty trade post yet people walking around, enjoying the look of the stars in this full night darkness. The candles would only illuminate the market and the park, the rest such as alleys and corners of each building would lack of lighting. Inir would follow her but keep his distance.

Iris may have sense him if it wasn't for a little girl that waved at her and beckons at Iris to follow. She then ran and pass through a hole in the inferior wall.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

After a moment of hesitation, she looked in both directions and followed the little girl motioning her their way. She still had her dagger hidden in her boot, and even without a weapon, they were foolish to try and attack her. Iris was a dragon after all. She wondered where the girl was leading her, what she would find. Was it a secret hangout or a celebration of sorts? Did the people know about the marriage that would bridge together Erisdar and Vorch? How did they feel about this information if they already knew about it?

Caught up in her own thoughts and following the girl, she had no idea that behind was Inir, tracking her movements and seeing what trouble she was headed into.

V Y R A L

Vyral gave a glare back in Rason's direction before following the guards out of the room and back to his own. Once inside and alone, the prince sighed heavily, feeling pity for the both of them. Iris would get herself killed in the war, being reckless because she doesn't want to return to the marriage that awaited her. Or even worse, she might flee after the war in order to escape the agreement, but where would their people be left? On that off chance she decided to stay, he had no idea what would happen then. He could tell that the man she was to marry had no care in the world for her. They would be together, but who knew what would really go on? When Rason had needs, would Iris give in or deny him? Vyral sighed deeply, wishing war would just come to them already.

Be careful what you wish for.

/monthly_2016_12/en.jpg.2c8e852ec79452b70c4c385201445afd.jpgSIR BIARIS OF ALCAZAR

Wearing a dark smile among thousands of men who fought for a reason, Biaris fought for the pleasure of killing. He wanted to watch his victims squirm in agony and take away what they love most before he finally ended them. This war would give him just that. His king had ordered him to take all the able-bodied men and boys from the villages of the new kingdom Alcazar and make them an offer they couldn't refuse. He did as was demanded of him and took pleasure in the task.

Now he and his newly formed army stood ready to attack the people of the city Erivo, half of which resided in Erisdar and the other half in Vorch. His intel had gotten word of an alliance brewing between the two countries against his king. The Lord promised that if he was able to segregate the two peoples, then he would be allowed to rule over the dragon people. Biaris himself was one of them, though long ago he was banished for practicing dark magics their people had long since left behind. He vowed to take his vengeance upon them one day, and that day was today.

"TONIGHT, WE SHALL TAKE OUR ENEMIES MOST CHERISHED PLACE. TOMORROW, WE WILL TAKE THEM ALL," he shouted for all his men to hear, and they cheered in unison, unable to do anything else. He didn't mind that they felt forced, because the promise he made to them would keep them fighting for their very souls. Because I can take those from them all.

Erivo fought hard, with forced from both countries stationed there. In the end, Biaris and his men were victorious. None were left alive. They didn't plan to kill everyone in these countries, but those there needed to know their brutality. If he could shake their hearts, it would be an easier win for his people. He riled up the boys into raping the women, and rounded up all the men still breathing into a barn, setting it on fire. Then, he and his soldiers traveled East into Vorch, determined to save the best for last. The fun has only begun.

Attachments

• en.jpg
    en.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0

I N I R

Iris would be lead into a dark alley but wouldn't stop there. The girl would continue running and guiding her towards some candles that were resting on the floor as to guide the people into there. She then would turn left and disappear from her sight.

On her place, a man would emerge from the shadows with a sharp device that reflected the light of the candle. Behind her, another two would arrive with the same kind of device. They would stare at her, a dead sight that would pierce her soul right away, cold breath. They were there to harm her, and harm her badly. But why? To what end? What was it all about?

It was not the time nor the place to think about this, the men were ready to strike and she was all by herself.

Inir arrived later, he had to cross over the wall since the hole wasn't fit for a man of his stature or his muscular structure. He would kneel and hide in the darkness as he saw the men reaching Iris in a dark alley. His hand slowly reached for the hilt of his sword and started to move towards them, trying to take at least one without them ready to notice.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

iris realized it was a trap the moment the little girl disappeared from sight. She was on guard, but didn't yet pull out her weapon. "Good evening, gentlemen," she said lightly. "I see it's you who wanted my attention."

Before they could reply, she jabbed her elbow into one's stomach and took the device he had in his hand, slipping it into her pocket, not quite knowing what it was and wanting to examine it later. There were 2 more and the fight wasn't over yet, so her eyes scanned around to look for an escape route. One of them grabbed her and held her arms together as the other came in closer so she used her strength to pick her legs up and kick at the man coming towards her. He fell back and hit his head against the wall. Damn, he's not out yet. She noticed this as he started to get up, rubbing his head. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the glint of steel and eyed a figure heading their way. Friend or foe, she was about to use them to her advantage and get away from these monsters.

Unfortunately, she couldn't kill anyone. She was in another country, and had to escape without them dying...

I N I R

Inir would thrust his sword towards the man's knee, releasing Iris from it's grip. Interesting fact, the man did not scream at all. It stood there and shiver and then fall on it's wound, trying to recover on the ground. Then, he would pull Iris out of the combat, "Stay behind me!" he takes a better look to the shadows as he steps back, preparing himself for a fight.

The men weren't common men. Their mouths were woven to take their ability to speak what so ever. Under their eyes, a mark of a black tear could be seen, a symbol of some order maybe? Inir seem to know something yet he made no comment about it as he raised his guard.

Yet the only thing that the other two done was to finish off their fellow assassin by cracking his neck with their bare hands. Then, they would pull him and turn to the left once more. When Inir moved to face them inside the dark alley, they were no more with the corpse and everything. Inir was impressed in more than a way. He walked back to Iris and asked, "Are you hurt?"

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

"I'm fine," she said, surprised it was Inir who had followed her. "What were those things?"

"A-and not that I'm not grateful for the help, but why are you here?" She looked at him expectantly, waiting for an answer as she sighed and left the alleyway with him. She brushed off the dirt from her tunic and checked to make sure her dagger was still where she left it before pulling the device they'd been holding out of her pocket and examining it. She had no idea what it was. After his answer of explaining why he was there, she spoke again. "Do you know what this is?" She handed him the device they had been holding. "Oh... and... Thank you. For saving me."

Inir would take his sword back to his belt and answer, "Humans. Very creepy humans." he answered first and then he tried to answer to her question as polite and gentle as he could, "Oh you know... Just admiring the view." he chuckles though he reffered to the view of the stars above him rather than her. The phrase could be horribly misdirected.

Inir would scout her out of the alley when she asks him another question, "Maybe I do..." he said picking up the dagger and taking it for himself. He thought on keep it for a while, she may not bother he does, "Saving you... I was saving myself. Imagine what your brother would do to me if I have to tell him that you died?" he chuckled for a moment shaking his head in amusement, "But who knows, the night is still young..." 

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She smiled at his comment. "Your brother and I have no relationship," she replied to his comment. "It's doubtful he would mind one way or the other if I died. Of course, I'm sure he knows life shouldn't be wasted."

"It is a nice view," she smiled as she said, staring up at the sky with him. "Do you know anything fun to do around here? I wanted to explore before we went off to war." Her thoughts flashed back to him with his sister, and she dared to wonder if they had some type of relationship besides brother and sister. She shook her head, shaking away the idea. That was so silly of her to think about. She was sure that this man loved his sister in an appropriate manner, and would marry some other woman for love. Too bad his brother, Rason, couldn't do that. He was stuck with her. More like I'm stuck with him.

Inir would hear out everything she says. Rason didn't like her then? Interesting to know since... "Well... she doesn't look bad or has bad... temper..." he tried to find the defect in her, what was that he didn't see proper for himself. 

At the last part, he would ignore the fact she added herself for the war and answer to her question, "At night, the people of Caelum hardly do much inside the city..." he commented as he guided Iris towards the stable, he mounted one of the horses and gave her his hand as to help her up, "I will show you." Inir would have gave her the possibility to ride her own horse but to that end, two horses would be missing instead of one. Jorah would understand that his son left without warning, but a second horse? Even worst, that Iris wasn't there on the castle.

It would be more believable that he both went to different paths than to the same direction, and both even more believable than the idea of Iris sharing the same horse with Inir.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

She took his hand and used his help to pull her onto the horse, then lightly placed her hands on his sides so she didn't fall off, interested to see where he would take her. This Inir was kind in compare to his brother. She wondered if after the war, he might help her leave. Then the thought stopped her. No, it's too dangerous. This was something she had to do on her own, if she did choose that path in the end. The family of Warden all seemed very kind. Sura was sweet, this boy was friendly, and their father was respectable. Unfortunately, she had no positive feelings for Rason, and yet he was the one she was betrothed to.

"Inside? So most gatherings happen outside the city?" She murmured into his ear as they traveled.

I N I R

Inir took the halter of the horse and began to ride out of the castle, though not too fast as he didn't intend to wake up everyone from their night watch. The guards would see the horse's banner and they would know it was someone from the nobility. As the main gates opened, Inir would try to answer her question which she whisper on his ear, "Only the fun ones."

It would only take a few minutes until the horse would reach the forest of the East of Caelum, though it wasn't as dense as the Sacred Forest on the west. There were people in the forest, playing some instruments of musics and singing along the way. It was just two or three groups of soldiers and the peasant of the city making a memorable night as they distribute ale and good mood to everyone who pass on their way. Inir would drop the nobility's banner on the way, trying to make the horse pass as a regular one, then he whispered on her ear, "Whatever you do, try to keep a low profile. That means another name." the horses reached the guard's sight and they waved at Inir acknowledging his arrival. Though the way Inir was dressed would betray his origin. He just rip the fines clothes and covered it with a tunic with a hood which is the same he used to climb the tower.

The feast camp seemed even more alive than the city itself, while it was serene and peaceful. The camp had more activity to say the least. On the center, two soldiers were disputing in hand to hand combat. Everyone laughing with a belly full of ale and food, though more of the first one rather than the other. The stables seemed shaky seems it was just temporal until the feast cease to exist after sunrise.

Beside of the center of all attentions which was the arena, at each four directions were tables with people laughing out loud, others playing the music instruments and even some guards speaking with an old man who seemed to be a Veteran, telling the story of how he got the scar that cross its chest like butter. Another would shout from the center as one of the gladiators would end up beaten on the ground, "Make your beats for the next fight! Don't be shy!"

Inir would reach Iris to let her down from the horse. Right after, he would cover his face with the hood he had with the tunic, though he knew that by now, there wouldn't be enough people sober enough to distinguish a man from a goat.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

The moment he helped her down from the horse, she was off to see the fight. She assumed he would follow, but she was really just excited to watch even if he was not. Smiling, she made her way closer and watched them fight. Their movements were sometimes practiced, while other times just on the fly. She could tell how used to fighting they were, and had half a mind to participate. Unfortunately, Iris knew better than that. She didn't want to get into a fight tonight and have to come home with scratches and bruises. The king would surely have a fit if she did, so tonight was about watching and enjoying.

She pulled out a couple coins of Vorchian money her brother had given her and bet on one of the gladiators about to fight, smiling as someone handed her a mug of ale. "Haven't seen you around these parts before. Got a name, sweetie?" One of them said to her.

"Hazel!" Iris replied smoothly, like it was her real name.

"Well, welcome to Caelum, Hazel. Let me know when you want another one of these, k sweetie?" She nodded as she took a swig of the ale. Gods, no water or wine can beat ale.

The fight began and she watched the men go at it again, the one she bet on not as aggressive as the other. Good, just like that. It ended up being a long fight, but still a good one. The guy she bet for had won, and she was one of the few who had bet on him. Iris split the winnings with the other few who had bet on him and walked back over to Inir with a sack of coins. "Hello soldier, what'd you think of that fight?" There was a huge smile on her face, like she was filled with life and had no worries. There was also the fact she just finished her third mug of ale.

I N I R

Inir would follow her until she directly entered with the crowd that were watching the fights. He then made a step away and directed himself to another table. He didn't sit down in any kind of table, in fact he sat down in a very specific table who he had pre-selected by the kind of person that was on it as well. A man that seemed as tough as any other in the camp, wearing lather clothes and a cold look on the eyes, seemed like a berserk.

He then approached at the man, sat down on the bench side by side with the beast like-man and introduce himself, "My name is Inir. Lovely night, isn't it? What is your name?" once finished he took a cup of ale and took a long sip without asking of whom was the cup though everyone was too focus on the loud music and the fighting arena. He smiled before the man as this one answered, "Piss off..."

Inir nods a few times before speak once more, thinking about what the man said, "Sir Piss off... I like it." he starts to scratch his own beard as he tell him his story, the man having little patience with Inir, "Though you first strike me as, Sir Decero. The one who beat the poor Contantino on the path of Jineria? Happens that I am here to... beat him." the both shared a long stare at each other, not over reacting at the situation. Though now the man, whose name was now Sir Decero, looked over Inir and said, "You have a sword... I have a knife. Who do you think will get out lucky here?"

Inir stared at him for a moment before answering, "People use to tell me I am that kind of lucky guys..." a dramatic pause... the man rushed to pull his knife but Inir stop him and smashed his head against the table. His hand holding both the knife and the back of his head. He then sighed in relief and placed his head gently on the table as he drunk a bit more of ale. No one heard the sound of Sir Decero's head against the table for the last hit of the gladiators and the music overlap it.

Then Iris comes back to him smiling and he smiles too, though about her question, "Oh they are rookies... I don't want to judge them that harshly." 

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Iris knew that the amount of ale she had drunk wasn't enough to get her tipsy, but something flared inside of her as he dismissed the fight. An amateur fight was still a fight, after all, and deserved some inkling of respect. "Oh...? Are you a rookie, sir? Why don't you and I show them a real fight?" She rested her head on his shoulder, challenging him.

"Unless you are too scared to fight a woman," she giggled and stood back up, taking the new mug of ale offered to her and chugging it down. Brazenly, she took his hand and tugged him over to the fighting ring, making him watch the latest fight with her. Her mood had changed, she was far more reckless, but Iris knew she wasn't drunk. It was something else that guided her thoughts, something that made her want to behave more recklessly than normal. The marriage was such a waste of time, and if she couldn't get out of it in the end, she would be stuck with someone who wasn't even pleasant to be around. The fact that she even cared about that bothered her. Shaking her head, she started to head over to the man in charge of the ring. If Inir wanted to stop her, he only had a small chance to do so.

I N I R

Inir would smile and say, "No. I simply don't want my enemies to know what I am capable of..." before he could finish his sentence, he started to being pull by her towards the fighting pit yet he couldn't understand why was she so eager to fight him, but he could tell that she completely forgot the arrangement he made with her, to keep a low profile. He snap out of it and pull her back towards him and mumble in order to stop her, "None of us is suppose to be here. You don't want to remembered among the men of Vorch."

The soldiers would start to pick an interest on the both of them. The hooded man and the woman that pulled him towards the Master of the Arena. Yet not enough to do anything about it. However, regardless of Iris's choice of what to do, the Master would make an announcement, "Hear! Hear! For this last battle we will need a volunteer. The bravest, the toughest, only the best for tonight fight we will use steel! Do not worry, blunt swords without sharp ends yet steel of the best!" Inir didn't stop restricting her from moving as he tried to stop her from doing a stupid idea, "Our champion is anonymous but the reward isn't!" The master of the Arena reached for his pocket and stood on a chair so everyone could see him, "A ring but not any kind of ring... it belonged to the Vorch dynasty since even before it became a Kingdom itself. A sign of righteousness and duty, also a very expensive one! And, as it wasn't enough, the title of the champion itself and all the ale you can drink without throw up!" 

The challenge was even better than fighting Inir himself, and he stared at Iris, hoping she would shut up, "Who will fight the champion of Vorch?" silence quickly came right after.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

When Iris was tugged back by Inir and he whispered his warnings into her ear, she started to pull through the haze of being reckless. He was trying to show her a good evening but still within the restraints of safety. She started to back up with him before she heard the words of the announcer, her eyes going to where he spoke. Inir still held on tightly to her, as though he knew exactly what her thoughts were, but the idea of fighting and showing her strength and just... feeling like she had a choice outweighed the logic and wisdom in her mind. Or perhaps it was the ale that had dulled that.

She tugged free from his grasp and spoke loudly for all to hear. "I will take this challenge!" Though it was dark and others couldn't see, her eyes had changed from blue to a dark, royal purple, her pupils changing from orbs to slits. Everything within her went Dragon at the opportunity to show her worth. It was too late, for anything Inir said now would be lost to her. She jumped into the ring and smiled back at him, letting him see the flash of her Dragon eyes before she turned to face the man who had brought about the challenge in the first place. All reasoning was gone from her mind, instinct to be free and wild had taken over. Perhaps this was why Erisdar revered knowledge and strength above all else, because the Dragon within needed to be controlled with logic and discipline. 

I N I R

For a moment there was silence. Every men on the arena stared at her with seriousness, pretending they were taking her serious on her words. But then, one of them couldn't resist it any longer and started to laugh. A wave of laughing increase among the crowd as every men seemed amuse by Iris's words. She wouldn't yet understand the reason, though she may think it is for her gender. Although not entirely.

The man that is the master of the Arena would then stop the crowd as he smiled in joy, "Mi'lady, you might be the bravest of our lot but this challenge can't be taken by an stranger." he then showed the challenge as it raised from within the tent behind him. A man twice as tall as any other she have ever seen, son of giants some would say, "Here our champion! The Leviathan!"  he shouted in grace as the man picked up his two-handle sword like if it was some weightless wooden sword. The man would enter in the fighting pit and stare down the woman before him like a bug to be stomp, "Mi'lady..." the Master of the Arena called for her, "You may beat and fight against anyone on the crowd, but not against our champion."

Inir didn't know what to do. He seemed rather paralyze at the situation as he reached for one of the peasant and gave him a bag of with money, Sir Piss-off 's money. He then whispered at him, "Tell the master that... The Kin-slayer will fight." the man recognize Inir and his eyes opened wide as he almost triple on his feet. The young man moved towards the Master and whispered the words Inir said. He couldn't help but to say the name out loud, "Kin-slayer... The Kin-slayer is here?" Inir moved out from the crowd, none of the guards or the men around him would let him pass through as they stood firm. He would have to push his way in and stand beside Iris as he raised both of his eye browns towards her, "Aye!" he removed his hood and smiled, "I shall fight your champion, Master of the arena... If I win, you will give me that ring and forgive your manners before this valiant woman who I certainly have no idea who she is." he looked back at her trying to avoid she break out the lie he just made up, "But if your champion wins..."

"We will execute you if he wins!"  a soldier spoke from the crowd, eager to see some blood, "Well... that could be." Inir saw that coming to him in more than a way, he could only look over his shoulder and whisper something to Iris, "If I die..." he thinks it through, "Don't tell anyone... specially Rason, he would find new ways of mockery." 

The master of the Arena would hear out the crowd which found the arrangement more than a perfect opportunity to make a lot of gold in one night, "Done!" everyone laughed and cheered for the great fight that was going to happen.

DRAGONS OF ERISDAR

I R I S

Shock filled Iris as they laughed at the prospect of her fighting. It was so surprising in fact, that the flare in her eyes died down. They returned to normal and she glared at the Master of the ring and "The Leviathan" that stood before her. She couldn't fight him? She had half a mind to tear him in two, the alliance be damned! She was just about to throw herself at the giant when the Master spoke up, and she froze, her gaze going on him once more. She saw Inir lift up his hood and step into the ring. Kin-slayer..?

When he whispered to her about what she should do if he died, she whispered back. "If you die, I will fight the monster myself and avenge you."

She moved back out of the ring, but sat up on top of one of the tables that made the makeshift ring, ignoring any who protested. If he was fighting for her, she wanted to watch first hand and see if he would win. Now in a better mind and calm once more, the female reminded her that this wasn't home. They didn't respect women like they did back home. The information kept her from jumping in there and showing them all what a woman could do, but also made her feel like she would never belong among these people. If it weren't for the war, she might even use this chance to escape and never look back. She might ruin the chance of an alliance, but her people have always been about the individual before anything else. A warrior must be strong, and she refused to let them see her as weak.

She took the sack of money she had earned from the previous fights and tossed it at the Master. "My money is on this... kin-slayer." Why he was called such, she intended to find out after this. He was not allowed to lose this fight.

I N I R

Inir would look back towards the Leviathan as the half-naked man stood there, holding his giant sword at a side. He couldn't help but to tell him, "Have anyone asked you how is the weather up there? I am so curious..." he was going to continue that joke but the man rushed with his sword too fast for Inir to catch. He would harshly manage to move his sword up and withstand the hit, yet the strike would raise him above ground length and throw him a meter away against his back on the ground. He would feel like if someone kicked his lungs as he tried to catch his breath, "Do you know who am I?"

"Some dead man!" he spoke as he strike once more letting the sharp blade fall against him, still on the ground. He would manage to roll away from his reach and stand else where while the sword cut deep into the ground, breaking it apart. Inir blinked as he started to realize it wouldn't be an easy fight for him, "I just I should start..." the Leviathan would swing his sword all along the way, while Inir ducked in order to avoid the blade, he got close and deflected the beast's second swing barely with his own sword. Once that was done, he took his blade from the sharp and used the guard like a hook, taking the giant's knee and pulling in order to make him fall.

Leviathan fall on his knee instead on his back, one of his hands would release his own weapon and take a hold of Inir's neck as he started to squish him, "I-I need that... to... breath!" he said as his body started to raise once more by the giant's massive arm. He was losing the fighting until, his locked right hand would throw something to the beast's eyes, something that seemed like sand he had on his pocket. The beast would scream in pain as Inir disarms him and places his own blade near Leviathan's neck, however, he did not finish him off. He started take more deep breaths rather than quick and shallows.

All the crowd remained in silence, staring at Inir Warde, curious of what would happen next. Would he kill him? Not even Inir himself could choose... he seemed to be blinded by anger, ready to do what he must...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back