• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Shaar-Jo X Ranix RP

Shaar-Jo managed to get himself a new pot for the bridge, having cleaned up a bit of the mess that was left from earlier. Satisfied with his coffee he say at the navigation panel and took manual control of the ship as they approached the station. He hit a few switches on the side panel and dialed himself into the station's radio chatter as they dropped out of FTL. "Station, this is PAV Ironjaw, IJ-034725 requesting station clearance and docking permission."

The station didn't take long to reply, "IJ-034725, station, clearance requested. Take port 3 left and land on pad 04."

The aramathi pulled the stick to turn the ship, heading to one of the major slots to the inside on the 'left' side of the station, "Station, IJ-034725, port 3 left and to pad 04, roger." He said, engaging the ship's auto docking capabilities. Once calculations were made the ship would begin to steer itself to land on the proper pad.

Ingwe came to the bridge just in time when the ship had finished docking itself to the landing pad. The eye-bot Eun was perching on her right shoulder.

"Are we there yet?" She asked between long yawns. The ship's vibration had suddenly pulled her out of her slumber, leaving her with a the sleepy look.

The panther nodded and looked back towards Ingwe. He sipped the cup of coffee and set it back down onto the cup holder next to the seat, "We are, just going through landing. What about that armor you had? Is that stuff wearable? Because I'm certainly not showing up while wearing shorts and a t-shirt to these guys. Perception is a lot to them."

"Huh?"

She gave him a blank stare for a moment before looking down at her own attire.

"...My armor is already beyond repair."

The spacesuit was already filled with cuts and bullet holes after their escape. In the first place, it was just a standard-issued spacesuit that she took from the stolen ship. She didn't know how to repair it.

Shaar thought for a moment and then got up out of his seat. He gestured for the woman to follow him. He moved back towards the rear of the bridge and out the door before taking an mediate right. Taking her into the armory and looking around for some tactical gear, "What about your side arm? Does that have any ammo left with it?"

Ingwe pulled out her personal handgun. It was out of bullets, and judging from what she had seen so far, the ammunitions at this side of the galaxy wasn't compatible with her weapons. She gave him a shrug.

"I'll be fine even without a gun... I can just snatch one if I got in a fight."

She said while putting on a spare gear. Although the design differed at some places, they were mostly similar to what they had in the Sovereignty. She managed to put them on after fumbling for a while.

"I come along! I come along!" Eun hopped around on the floor, pitter-pattering with its spider-like legs.

Taking a robot like him in the open would be too dangerous. Thankfully, it was just at the right size to fit her jacket's pocket.

"...Why do you have such an extensive collection of gears?"

Rifles, sidearms, attachments, full sets of body armor... this looked more like a warship's armory instead of a freighter's.

The Aramathi made sure that only good gear was being used. Getting a plate carrier for her torso and making sure a trauma plate was installed in the front and back as well as matching up the torso and lower parts of the outfit. Uniformity made for a bit of intimidation. He looked to Ingwe and gave a shrug, "I like guns...and lots of gear comes in handy. Not all situations call for covering my arms and legs in plates. I might have to repel down from a rooftop."

He procured a rifle from the wall. Matching the one from earlier as he also took a few magazines as well as a side arm, "Are you sure? It would more be for a show of force, not so much to USE here."

Ingwe pulled on the jacket a bit, getting annoyed with how it pushed on her chest. After listening to what he had said, she gave it some thought before nodding at him.

"Give me something, then," she opened her palm, expecting him to choose the weapon for her. He was the owner of the armory after all.

Shaar nodded. He unclipped the folding stock from the rest of the rifle and slid it to her. Taking another and then taking a magazine, showing her how to load it, "Safety is on the side. One down is full auto, two down is semi-auto, top is safe. Angle the magazine tip first and rock the rest into the receiver, then pull the bolt on the side. You get 20 bullets per magazine. Questions?"

He performed the actions while explaining. Making sure to get his own chest carrier and then started actually getting some real clothing on rather than just the shorts and t-shirt. He opted for some grey camo and boots. Now not barefoot like he had been.

"Simple enough."

Ingwe tested the weight of the rifle in her hands. Not bad. She draped the sling over her shoulder so the rifle would hang on her back.

While waiting for the Amarathi to finish up his loadout, her gaze wandered over to a set of knives at the nearby desk. She lifted the one in the middle row, feeling the length and weight just right for her grip.

"Hey, can I take this?" She glanced over to Shaar-Jo.

Shaar-Jo looked over at the woman as he finished putting magazines in the front pouches of the carrier. Then sliding the highly customized pistol into the side holster for it. The pistol looked of human design and had a muzzle brake on the end to lengthen the barrel and direct gases as well as an extended magazine. He looked at the knife and nods his head, "Yeah. I doubt it would come into handy as far as a weapon goes and on a station...not much as a tool either. I don't see why not."

With that he slung his own rifle over his shoulder and moved to the door, "That vest will protect you from a few small arms shots, but up close rifles will puncture anywhere but that trauma plate...so don't get shot at."

Ingwe attached the holster on her belt, and then slid the blade in. The familiar feeling roused her pirate blood a bit.

"Don't worry. I'm good at not getting shot at," she quipped.

Well... Not really true considering the circumstances when they first met, but...

"So what's your purpose for landing in this station?" She asked as they exited the armory.

Shaar-Jo kept walking towards the exit. The two had to go through the bottom floor and walk towards the front of the ship for the exit. It was a bit of a walk, the freighter was a little large for its class and had lots of space. He looked over at Ingwe and gave a shrug, "It was near by, and I have come here before. I wanted to buy some missiles that aren't for sale to the general public of captains...When they hit they start to mess with electronic systems. So targeting gets weird. Communications gets weird. The doors act funny...that kinda stuff." He said, starting to decent out the ramp to the station. The two were met by a few guards who looked anything but official.

The station had lived up to Shaar-Jo's description.

Unlike the clean and sterile feeling of government-sanctioned space stations, it was rugged, with some visible rust that the 'officials' of the station didn't care enough to scrape off. The docks opened up to a large open area where numerous individuals had opened up shops, erecting their structures with whatever materials they could find. Woods, metals, plastic... the incoherent mess that resulted from such a violent clash of ingenuity and practical imagination was almost an art by itself.

"Fresh aquatic meat from Cardia! Grab 'em while they're still available!"

"Who needs spare parts for their ships? I have plenty! Good prices too! Better than the shop next door!"

"Don't listen to the stinky Drampian next door! Their stuff exploded after a few FTL jumps! Stick with our reliable parts!"

"What did you say, you filthy mud-drinker?!"

Somehow, a brawl had erupted in the middle of the shops, prompting visitors to gather in a circle and cried in cheers.

"...Lovely place," Ingwe snickered as she followed Shaar-Jo through the confounding maze of shops and crowds.

The aramathi moved passed the group, chuckling and nodding his head to Ingwe. The two would get a few stares from passers by and other shop keepers. Some wouldn't realize that Ingwe wasn't a known species, but some did. Very few actually cared. They either shook their heads in disbelief or didn't bother and minded their own business. While most people weren't packing any heat, there were a few. Some very rough looking groups packed rifles or sub-machine guns. Not bothering to hide them because who was going to stop them? Certainly no one here. "Oh the absolute best if you need a hacker. No cleaning crews or engineers that are certified to keep the place running...but it is kept running. Besides...you'd be asked a lot of questions at a republic facility."

"Hmm..."

Her gaze wandered around, soaking the frantic scenery around her. The chaotic atmosphere felt like home to her, no different than what she was used with back at home... albeit a bit safer in general. At least the people here had some decency to properly conduct business instead of shoot-and-loot on sight.

"Hey, that handsome cat over there. Why don't you stop by our shop?"

A human woman suddenly called out to Shaar-Jo from a shabby shop at one end of the makeshift road. She looked in the middle of her twenties, dressed in worn-out tank-top and cargo pants. When she had managed to catch his attention, she shot him a mischievous grin.

"Just kidding. It's been a while, Jo. What do you need this time? We have a good shipment this time. Some spanking-new warheads and assault rifles smuggled straight from the Central Republic Army's provisions. Take a look if you're interested, the master is checking them out in the back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back