• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rossarinya’s eyes drifted towards Razah as she observed her watching over Tomo. A slight pang of jealousy etched in her heart as she bit back a sigh, shaking her head of the thoughts of her own mother. She didn’t remember a time when her mother looked at her the way Razah looked at Tomo. Perhaps, Summenan Elves should learn a few things or two from other species, but that’s an idea that probably wouldn’t end so well. All her ideas were considered traitorous and treason. Rossarinya couldn’t risk the idea of getting. . . punished again.

Regardless, Rossarinya smiled softly when Razah’s attention turned towards her as she explained the celebration of the coming-of age ceremony to Ora and herself. Gasping softly at hearing the tradition, Rossarinya couldn’t help but allow a genuine smile to slip through. The heart? A part of themselves? Surprise still seemed to escape her expression and thoughts. The Priestess and Desrick seem to be influential entities and Rossarinya couldn’t have been more than grateful for being found by Desrick than another party. Nevertheless, just as Ora had stumbled for words, Rossarinya was left speechless. Razah would allow them to help? Summenans? It was. . . unheard of. Rossarinya couldn’t help but move her legs side to side, fidgeting with her hands as she nodded when Ora spoke. Another shy but genuine smile slipped towards Razah as she nodded in response to helping Tomo find a weapon.

Soon, Rossarinya’s attention drifted towards the Summenan warrior and light fae. “Are you sure?” She questioned them curiously, her head tilted to the side.

She didn’t want to make them uncomfortable but, it would be the first time they perhaps, could feel accepted, if not needed or wanted. If Rossarinya had to guess and with the mist along with the judgment, she could feel as if this merrily “men” weren’t chosen for no reason. Her company. Perhaps “Fate” was something no one could resist and here she was with people whom she never met but couldn’t help but feel more welcomed and accepted despite being in Cyndara.

But, as Rossarinya watched Tomo, Desrick, and Lohrithe, a laugh escaped her lips as she shook her head. They reminded her of her brothers and oh, how she missed them. Rossarinya believed they would have enjoyed being in Cyndara but duty also seemed to call to their hearts as well. Another slight pain etched her heart as she sighed, looking between them. Would this be okay? Getting attached? Allowing herself to feel a sense of solidarity with those of Cyndara? When the time came for her to choose. . . Rossarinya could only imagine chaos and heartbreak.

As Tomo ran to the stall with weapons, Lohrithe and Desrick followed behind. The excitement and cheer in the little one’s voice and behavior made her cheery once more. But, as the axe fell to the ground, Rossarinya almost took a step forward before Lohrithe stepped in to help. Soon, Ora piped in and Rossarinya couldn’t help but nod, listening to her soothing yet informative tone. Rossarinya wondered if Tomo understood but, a part of her knew Tomo would in some sense he could.

Walking towards the group near the stall, Rossarinya kept a small distance away from them to not overcrowd but close enough that Tomo and the others could hear and see her. Unhooking the straps from her shoulders with her bow and arrows, Rossarinya placed her weapons on the ground.

“I agree with Ora.” She started, “Although my bow and arrow may look similar to other elves in Summena, there are visual markings engraved on the bow and even the feathers of some of my arrows may differ than others.” A small smile slipped through.

"My brothers. . ." Rossarinya trailed off slightly before clearing her throat, "were with me when I found my bow. Although I wanted a big one like my brother, he told me just as I grow, so will my bow as long as you allow yourself to.” Rossarinya voiced out, her tone airy and gentle. “At first, I didn’t understand, but, my bow has been with me through my own stepping stones. We were together side-by-side and I trusted it. I hope you find a weapon that is suiting of your own measure and your own growth.”

tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight , Zazz Zazz , Flutterby Flutterby , Mythee Mythee , Nevina Nevina

AxSpSFn.png
Between their side-tracked guide and the rest of the party being swept up with the flow, it seemed that a bonding journey to the bar was no longer on the menu. Her disappointment was short lived, however, as the topic of weapons for the boy caught her interest. A strange concept.. the idea of a weapon calling to it's wielder struck her as odd; Song had never handled a weapon she liked, perhaps because she simply disliked brawls to begin with. They were just so peasant.

Regardless, in honor of the boy's apparent celebration, Song almost prompted Falsedge to pass over her own swords for the exposure to the unique blades, but quickly opted against the idea. She didn't want to risk her companion handing the weapons over pointed end first. "Perhaps you could share tale of some of the weapons you've trained with on the Summenan side. There could be styles that have not been seen here before." A verbal description might be safe, pending any graphic stories that might come with said description.. Mythee Mythee

Stepping up to the other group in an attempt to better learn of them, Song offered a light hearted tone of voice, "Were you decided on the type of warrior you wanted to grow to be at that age?" deer deer Flutterby Flutterby

At having the jabbing end of her elbow armor pushed away, Falsedge swallowed the urge to apologize, instead choosing to be annoyed at the light fae's fragility.
What Song said was coming to pass- the prospects were slimming every moment of getting to know their teammates in an adults-only enclosed space, where they could exchange information relatively freely.

"Rrgh. Are you freaking serious?" Falsedge's eyes shut tightly as she placed a thumb and finger against her own forehead, as if nursing a headache. Now Song of all people wanted her to give input to this kid's party? "Why the fucking not then." She gritted her teeth- you all want me to be a part of this, have at it. She turned back around, glaring down at Tomo, letting herself imagine being in his shoes with the rest of the adults crowding him and telling him what to do. "How about you all back the fuck off?" Falsedge chose not to address him directly, instead talking to everyone else with her head rolling back and her arms crossed, the image of impatience.
"He said he wants the axe, so forge him one that's more his size. Like the elf says, he'll grow with his weapon." A click of the tongue at Rossarinya, and then her gaze came to rest on the young half-orc. "Not very coming-of-age if you let other people tell you what you want, brat. You gonna stand your ground or what?" She spat out that challenge like an expectant drill sergeant.
Unbelievable. She was actually taking part in this nonsense. It remained to be seen how long this could last.

Nevina Nevina SilverFlight SilverFlight deer deer Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz

Ora listened halfway to Rossarinya's voice, from a few feet away. She had picked up a dagger, noticing how nicely it was weighted with a smile. Her attention sharpened when the elf spoke of her family, and she glanced over with a hint of curiosity in her eyes.
That curiousity faded, barred up behind a guarded facade, as the two new Sumennans joined them. Ora looked at the fae, with her freshly healed face, trying to decide how to answer her question. After a moment, she settled on saying, "At that age, I wasn't allowed to fight. I didn't receive a weapon until I could make my own. But my path was set, even then." The half-dwarf turned away, partially, intended to end her interaction then, when the other one spoke up rather harshly.

She looked at the warrior-woman calmly, her expression an odd mix of amusement and complete apathy. Her tone was similar to the one she had used with Tomo himself as she said, "His mother doesn't seem like the type to swear in front of him. Most would consider it proper to follow suit."
The half-dwarf dropped her eyes back to the table, and continued her browsing further down, away from the hostile one. The rest of her statement- about them needing to back off- was not a fight she was willing to pick. At least, not if Tomo seemed like he could handle it himself. Or if the light fae would handle her companion instead. And it was not entirely untrue- there were an awful lot of people suddenly involved in his decision.
Ora leaned forward, calling the smith over to her to ask a few questions. Most importantly, how long it would take to forge a more size-appropriate ax, if Tomo didn't change his mind. She kept her voice very low, so the boy wouldn't hear her and give up on any other option. She thought it might be premature, after watching how cleverly he had wrestled Desrick.
deer deer Nevina Nevina Mythee Mythee SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
As Rossarinya slowed picked up her bow and gently placed it behind her shoulders once more with her arrows, she slowly stood up off the ground, re-positioning herself as she slowly moved herself away from the attention. But, as Song appeared and softly asked both she and Ora if they had weapons at such a young age, Rossarinya shook her head as she listened to Ora. In a small agreement, Rossarinya nodded as she spoke after Ora finished. "My mother didn't allow me such a thought. It was only when my brothers secretly took me with them to train did I have a place in the world of weapons and training. It was because of them that I can wield a weapon regardless of approval." Rossarinya explained, before her eyes flicked towards the harsh tone of the djinn.

It was true that perhaps they were over-crowding the young orc and Rossarinya could only hope that Tomo would be able to make a decision based on everyone's different remarks. Despite the harshness and reluctance in the warrior's voice, Rossarinya could only smile slightly as Ora retorted in the same tone back. Tilting her head to the side, Rossarinya could only give the light fae a light-hearted, amused smile as she shrugged her shoulders.

tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight , Flutterby Flutterby , Nevina Nevina , Zazz Zazz , Mythee Mythee

Tomo let go of the axe handle and Desrick replaced the weapon upon its rack. By then Tomo had the swords in his small hands and stood back to swing them experimentally. He grinned at Lohr ( Zazz Zazz ), "I like these."
Ora ( Flutterby Flutterby ) stepped forward next and Tomo listened to her, looking up with round eyes. Desrick puffed out his chest when compared to an axe, it was a noble weapon. He missed the last comment however which had Tomo giggling conspiratorially with the dwarf maid. Tomo ran to find weapons similar to Ora's then to Rossarinya's bow, trying each carefully as instructed.
His brow creased at Falsedge's ( Mythee Mythee ) outburst.
Desrick crossed his arms and shook his head, as if he had read more into her than was currently being displayed.
"You do not understand the custom. That is all right." Despite his disappointed look his tone was as annoyingly calm as ever.
Tomo stared back up at Falsedge with all the defiance of orcish youth. "No one's telling me what I want, it's called helping. It's what tribes do! Ugly old hag."
He stomped back to the table and continued to browse without a single look back.
Desrick was trying not to smirk at the boy's back. Oh, he would be trouble that one.
Tomo's hands then closed about something that made his face grow serious. He lifted the weapon, holding up a small, bladed club. It was meant as a finisher for game, but the weapon fit like a glove in the child's hands. He stepped back away from the table and tried it. Desrick watched him with interest. He remembered that look.
Finally Tomo turned to them, beaming.
"This one."

The purchase was made and, though the merchant was a little reluctant to hand the blade over to a child, he complied as Desrick stood behind the gleeful boy. Despite the clerk's expectations however Tomo slid the weapon into his belt, making sure the blade was turned into it's leather sheath and away from the people he walked past.
"You know the code Tomo." Desrick said seriously, though he was smiling.
"Never be the first to draw, but once you draw, be ready to finish the fight."
Razah and Desrick nodded in unison.
"He's been taught well." Desrick said, "What else do you do now Tomo?"
The child thought for a moment before a light dawned on his face. He ran up to Ora, Rossarinya and Song ( Flutterby Flutterby deer deer Nevina Nevina ) one by one and thanked them politely.
Stopping at Lohr ( Zazz Zazz ) Tomo grinned and turned his hip to show off the weapon. "You have to spar with me when I get good." He said happily. Then he started back for his mother, sticking his tongue out at Falsedge as he walked by.

"I can't thank you enough for the help." Razah said with a bow of her head.
Desrick watched them go, Tomo bouncing happily, already pestering his mother for instruction with the weapon.

"Oi!" A shout from the outside tables at the tavern drew his attention. Crispin sat at an empty table, smiling triumphantly over a collection of tankards, each brimming with drink.
"You slowpokes better get here quick or I'll have to drink this all myself!"

Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina deer deer The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

The visible effects that Falsedge's rudeness had on the attitudes of those present were different from the fear she elicited when the war djinn had been a face of authority- it was a lot more like how Song acted toward her, and to tell the truth, getting some rebellious attitude out of citizens was music to her ears... if only it had been back in Summena. But over here, instead of spurring people into growing the guts to resist her, it was nothing more than the pointless natural consequence of her casually abrasive attitude, which was also, as she reminded herself again, aimless here.
Well, perhaps this was entirely casual to the warrior- but let's just say that normal social entities don't share her choice of language when they are as emotionally uninvolved as Falsedge.
The blood of innocents had crusted over her, an armor made of human suffering so that any of it that she encountered was neither new nor surprising. How many times had she witnessed, merciless and unflinching, a child's face coated in tears? She felt nothing in response, except a drive to change the world that made it happen.
No, there was no outburst, or anger, or anything of the like. Only a person who had been defined as a soldier since early childhood, not by choice, but by circumstance- and so, didn't belong outside of a military order. Yet here she was as a consequence of her shiny mistake over there, having to stamp out these expectations people had of her being a- you know what, she wasn't quite sure what they expected from her. Not what they should have around their kids would be a good start, except if those kids were being attacked by wolves or some other rare exception.

Though nobody could see it, Falsedge smirked at Ora. No swearing around children, is that so? "Maybe you're on to something, captain obvious." And you grown-ass lot of adults crowding and trying to steer his personal decision is good for him, is that what you want to say? If he comes to regret his choice, do you want him to have one of you to blame for it, or to learn to take responsibility for himself? She lifted her arms in mock defeat. "I'd make a phenomenally shitty parent, mind you, so wouldn't it be funny if you could hear any sense from me." This comment was meant to drive in that Ora's choice to draw attention to what language she was using was in poor retaliation to Falsedge pointing out that they were being too nosy. The short horned woman was Summenan- she should understand sarcasm, right?

She blinked at Desrick. Oh, so this was a custom, was it. She was about to tell him something like- screw customs, let the kid decide? But Tomo's own rude response made laughter ring into Falsedge's mask. Ugly old hag, was it. He didn't know just how ugly. "Oh no- I'm already a bad influence." She commented while chuckling, all the while the kid was being praised for his good code-following spirit right after he'd thrown the ineffectual insult. "That's a great code, love to learn more about it. Hey brat! Steel your grip, don't go dropping that on your feet!" She gave Tomo an enthusiastic wave and unasked for instructions as he left, not bothering to hide how welcome his departure was. "What? I'm participating in the custom. It's called helping, right?" She clapped Song on the shoulder and starting to walk toward Crispin and the welcome sight of that table.

Nevina Nevina SilverFlight SilverFlight Flutterby Flutterby Everyone Everyone with us hoiiii

Last edited:
Ora glanced up as Falsedge responded to her, but the look on her face bordered on disinterest. It would seem they had simply swapped one problematic being for another. At least this one wasn't trying to kill people yet. "I didn't say you were wrong about the rest." The sentence was spoken to the table, after she had already looked down. She didn't truly care if the warrior heard her or not- perhaps it was better if she didn't. The light fae shouldn't have dragged you over here, prickly woman.

But the sourness was chased away quickly, as Tomo had bounced between weapons and finally, with a determined face, picked up a bladed club. Ora recognised that that was the one an instant before Tomo said it, and was already fishing the gems his mother had given from her pocket. The boy clearly already knew how to safely carry, and Ora couldn't help but smile as he recited what sounded like an orc tenent. She smiled warmly, as Tomo and his mother thanked them all, and watched for an extra heartbeat as they walked away. She only turned to look at Crispin when Falsedge moved toward him, declaring herself helpful as she went. Ora's smile faded, her face settling back into the same passive expression she wore as she walked the streets of Dwerstand.

The half-dwarf paused, putting space between her and the djinn, before she followed to the outdoor table of the tavern. She grabbed a tankard as she sat down, lifting it to her face and draining a quarter of it before setting it back on the table.

Last edited:
Covering her face with her sleeve, Rossarinya bit back a laugh, trying to remain her composure as she watched the scene between the warrior and the young little orc. Tomo's insult and the warrior's brash tone seemed to mesh better than intended, despite the small tension in the air. Rossarinya couldn't help but take the small banter with a grain of salt, watching and listening on the sideline as she adjusted the straps of her bow and arrows. However, when it came to Ora and the Djinn, Rossarinya shuffled her feet together feeling slightly uncomfortable as she didn't want to feel the same tension she felt with their other company from before. If anything, she would rather avoid confrontation as she slowly moved her way towards Lohrithe, hoping his presence could ease her slightly.

Soon, her eyes wandered towards her ripped attire as she looked towards the silk in her bag. A small part of her couldn't wait to find down-time to sit and sew together another outfit - a calming source after the long road to get to the village. The other part of her was hesitate to write down in her journal with her quill in ink, not sure whether how the wood elves would feel if she were to write down her findings and adventure thus far. As Rossarinya glanced around, waiting patiently for Tomo to choose his weapon, Rossarinya wondered where the library would be in the village, perhaps she could learn other cultures while she was in Cyndara.

Nevertheless, at hearing Tomo's determined voice, Rossarinya smiled softly, gazing upon the bladed club. She observed in awe at the way Tomo was able to handle the weapon, safely keeping it by his side. As he thanked them one-by-one, Rossarinya shyly nodded, smiling at him gently. "Glad to be of help, Tomo. I can't wait to see what a fine Orc you will be." She softly whispered though her heart ached slightly as she looked on as Tomo ran towards his mother. Another smile escaped Rossarinya's lips as she nodded towards Razah, her hands reaching up as she gave a small wave. I wish you the best.

Feeling the need to find time alone for herself, Rossarinya sighed before realising their destination was to head to the bar. Thankfully, it seemed Crispin could have read her mind and called all of them over towards the bar. As she followed her company, Rossarinya looked at the tankards curiously as she slowly sat down, finding comfort under some shade. However, Rossarinya's eyes widened in surprise and wonder as Ora merely gulped a quarter of the drink before placing it down on the table.

Gulping back her nervousness, Rossarinya eyed the drink as if it was an enemy, tilting her head to the side. "I . ." She started, taking a deep breath as she hesitantly reached for a drink. "How does one. . . drink this? Is it. . . strong?" Rossarinya questioned, all signs of her prior confidence of wanting a drink seemed to vanish as she wondered what it would do to her.

tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight , Nevina Nevina , Zazz Zazz , Flutterby Flutterby , Mythee Mythee , The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Finally, time to learn about these Summenans and what they were doing here. And learn more about Cyndara, too. Falsedge sat on a chair for the first time in two weeks, grabbing hold of one of the mugs while giving Crispin a nod of thanks. She unhooked the strap of the left side of her half-mask, letting it hinge off loosely without losing the scar-covering half as she usually did when eating or drinking in public, then arched a brow at Rossarinya's question. "First time drinker, milady? Might want to go easy, then, regardless of strength. One little sippy at a time-" she demonstrated with sip of her own, "-then wait a few minutes. So, what's a noblewoman doing here? Also- the drink's good. Fruity." The latter part was addressed to nobody in particular. deer deer SilverFlight SilverFlight

She didn't miss how down the horned lady seemed after the earlier disagreement, which was no good. 'People-displeasing' was something she'd worked hard at over a lifetime to excel at, and bad habits weren't going to evaporate to nothing within a few hours of noticing how unnecessary they were. She took a gulp of the brew, figuring she's got room to maneuver this. If the horned woman's sociability was at rock bottom right now, things at least couldn't get worse. She wasn't a looker by Summenan standards, but wasn't it a great boon that there didn't seem to be the same prejudices here? "Hey you- don't think I've caught your name yet. Chin up. You see the way people looked at you? I bet you haven't had the chance to feel this appreciated before today. You can live a good life here from the looks of it. I think I even saw some other folks sporting the same features, and nobody bats an eye. Thinking of staying?"
It wasn't the best conversation starter, as it might remind her that she's not appreciated in Summena, but eh... baby steps, you know? Flutterby Flutterby

Last edited:
Once her tankard was safely back on the table, Ora set about the delicate process of getting comfortable. The table was far too tall for her. Not only did her feet dangle far off the ground, the distance between her seat and the table top was too great. Her chin would barely clear the top of her drink, if she sat it on the edge and leaned forward. It annoyed her to no end- it was the main reason that she limited her travels in Sumenna. The elves and humans very rarely made allowances for their shorter countrymen. While Rossarinya's glared at her drink like it would bite her, Ora huffed softly as she adjusted herself in her seat. Her tail flicked back and forth, but its movement was restricted as she tucked it around a leg to keep it from being stepped or sat on. Ora glared up once at the others, mostly Crispin, but didn't complain out loud.
SilverFlight SilverFlight

By the time she had settled into her seat, her mood had become rather sour, almost entirely because of her struggle with the table height, so when Rossarinya's spoke, she looked up without the friendliness that she had been giving the other woman recently. Watching her handle the giant mug like it might explode, Ora raised an eyebrow. She was surprised to find a Sumennan that didn't drink- it was a fairly common indulgance, at least where she was from.
"It won't hurt you. Have only one, you should be fine." Ora said, after Falsedge's recommendation that she sip instead of gulp.
deer deer
She had returned to staring at her drink when the warrior turned her attention to her. And went straight for the kill, so to speak, bringing up not only her Sumennan-ugliness, but also the difference in attitudes here. The exact thing she was struggling with most, and didn't want to think about more than necessary.

The half-dwarf's expression was a complete deadpan as she replied.
"Oh, yes, after barely a third of my drink, my wounded heart yearns to divulge my deep, secret pain and angst, brought on by the Sumennan caste system and my lowly place within it, and my unyielding desire to escape such a life." Ora's flippant response was delivered with a bored tone as she blinked at the warrior, holding silence for a second. You really are just that transparent, you dope. A mercenary with the social skills of a toddler just read your entire life story from your face. This time when the doubtful voice sounded in her head, Ora shoved it down with another sip, trying to wash her annoyance away at the same time.
"Most people chose to start with a lighter topic, like actual introductions." She indicated herself, and said, "Ora. Half-dwarf. From Dwerstand." She switched her gesture to Falsedge, adding a glance to the fairy with her, and said, "Your turn."
Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina
(and Zazz Zazz and The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye , who I miss dearly)

Last edited:
Ohh, she was a sassy one. This time, Falsedge's entertainment was visible, moving the corner of her mouth up where it was uncovered. "Well hey, good talk, glad I could get it off your chest." Accentuated by the lack of its sharp metallic undertone, her expressive manner of speaking actually sounded empathetic, though still no more apologetic. Perhaps she had failed to present an acceptable conversation starter, but they were already further along than they began and Falsedge was going to roll with it. "Oddly met and in a strange land, Ora. Falsedge, deserter from Evereach,-" Evereach had many in their employ; this was a vague enough description, without her true name, ex-rank and war band, to introduce herself without divulging more information than was wise until she knew how she and Song would be proceeding. "-'chaperone' to Song, and as you've seen I'm a real charmer, heh." The laughter was directed at herself. "Cheers." She lifted her mug at the table and took another swig. It was one to remember.

A woman approached the table, her compact face and squinty eyes granting it a felinoid look. Measuring in at 5 feet tall- no more intimidating thanks to her 1 foot tall silly hat, the short brunette tapped Ora's shoulder and with a nod of complete understanding for the trials of the small of stature, she serviceably scooted a taller stool-chair her way so that Ora could sit in comfort and at closer to eye level with the others. "I couldn't help but overhear you Summenans- you should come to the Boosenek inn sometime, we cater to every need." She near-whispered at her, hoping not to attract the attention of any other innkeepers that might compete with their business. If the Summenans stayed with them... oh, she could only imagine the delicious publicity! Flutterby Flutterby

((NPC JILAHAMICH REPASENT))
((I know everyones gonna stay at Desricks xD))

Last edited:
Bx6qh3T.png
Pale fingers gingerly rested at her temples, spreading onto her forhead; a demure sort of face palm as Song lowered her head upon Falsedge's interactions with the child and their party. The light fae nearly stepped in - multiple times - all the while telling herself to let things play out just this once. Surely her companion would manage to--nope. Okay, well maybe this time--nope. "We must address how you interact with others before we sleep tonight." Was all she managed to say, her voice lowered and laced with a mix of emotions.

Some amount of faith lost, it was with no small amount of relief that Song followed the herd into the bar. She separated momentarily to speak with the bartender, asking about the various selections. The noble fae took her time in sniffing each one, holding it up to the light to inspect its color, easily feigning ignorance at the annoyed twitch of the bar keeper's brow. Their drinks were certainly.. different. It was a small selection of hops and ales, where a classic wine would have been more than sufficient. With a resigned sigh of disappointment, she selected one at last and made her way back to the table, faith renewed as she overheard Falsedge giving a somewhat passable greeting.

Bubbling with renewed excitement, she swiftly chimed in to Ora and Rossarinya, "I would be pleased if you might call me Song." A polite nod of the head. Not wanting to interrupt what was clearly a lovely conversation between Falsedge and their tailed new friend, Song turned instead to the elf, "And how are you finding your drink, miss..?" deer deer

Mythee Mythee Flutterby Flutterby

Last edited:
Lohrithe bent at the hip to grin at the young one. "Only if you promise to be good to your mother." He rumpled the boy's hair and waved as Tomo ran off with his new weapon. The drow smiled with pride after him, until Rossarinya moved closer to him. It seemed they were going to the bar after all, what with Crispin already there.

Lohrithe walked with the light elf, taking a seat next to her. While the others bantered and introduced themselves, the drow pulled out the small chunk of dark wood he had started carving and took a swig of his drink. He took out his carving knife and continued on the half-dwarf's horns - not that it looked like horns yet.

Crispin watched in utter delight as Ora downed a third of her drink in one go.
"I think we're really going to like you." He raised his own tankard and drunk deeply. "Been that sort of day I think."
Desrick sat down too at length and just like Ora, downed more than a little of his own before clapping the mug back on the table.
"Indeed." Was all he followed up with.
Crispin noticed Ora's difficulties with the height of the table. "Should we ah, get you some books to sit on? Ey!"
Desrick had cuffed him over the head before getting up and acquiring a higher stool.
"We have dwarves in Cyndara, though most do not live here. We can accommodate all shapes and sizes." He set the seat before her to exchange for the one she had.
He listened to Ora's exchange with the masked warrior and couldn't help but give a laugh at the end.
"At least you know it." He shot at Falsedge, feeling a bit more agreeable after his first drink.
The party seemed to be doing a great deal better than Desrick had first envisioned. These Sumennans were more accommodating than a lot of Cyndarans and Desrick listened to the banter for a little while.
He caught Lohr carving and tilted his head this way and that to try and determine the object of the dark elf's artistic endeavour.

After a few moments of thought Desrick decided something. Slowly he took the broken arrow from his belt and placed it silently on the table. He would not interrupt the pleasant conversations, but instead would wait for the Sumennans to notice, and gauge their reactions as they did.
The arrow was long and made of a light-colured, hardwood. It's fletch was pure white and shone with a subtle iridescence. Desrick would never have known the origin of the arrow, but every Sumennan there would recognize it as the signature fletch of Evereach.
Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina deer deer The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Ora opened her mouth to say something back to Falsedge, along the lines of her making a horrible chaperone, when she was distracted by a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head, and was (surprisingly) face-to-face with another short being. This total stranger had not only touched her, but had brought her a chair and was trying to solicit her business. Ora stared blankly while she spoke to her, her ears growing red from being noticed by a stranger and then singled out. She looked at the giant, goofy hat on the woman's and at her cat-like face and said, "I believe our accommodations are spoken for," She said stiffly, glancing at the others around the table with obvious embarrassment. She turned back to the table quickly, without bothering to watch where to woman went.

As she turned back around, Crispin had the gall to make a comment. Ora's dark eyes fixed on the elf, narrowing to almond slits.
"Only if you want me to chuck them at your pointy ears, elf," Even though her expression didn't show it, her voice held a warm humor that was unmistakable. When Desrick brought her a stool, she accepted it with a happy nod, hoisting herself up onto it with a soft grunt. Now, she was at eye level with everyone else, and she took a haughty swig just because of it. She looked over at Falsedge and raised the mug, "Cheers, chaperone from Evereach. We can share secret pain when I'm a little drunker." Her eyes had a glint, as she looked between her and Song. Song was not from Evereach- she would probably be from Lambert. There was much, much more to that story.

Ora was taking another drink, getting herself down to half of her ale gone, as Desrick placed that same arrow on the table. She looked at it for a moment, then up at Desrick, and then at the other Sumennans, her gaze lingering on Falsedge, who would recognize it too if she had spent time with the House of Evereach. She looked back at Desrick, and cocked an eyebrow, taking another small sip of the fruity ale. It was actually a little better than her usual brew, not that she would admit that out loud.
Mythee Mythee SilverFlight SilverFlight

((OOC: replying to Song's part of the post which is in the Pasto))

Song's sober reaction to her quip had surprised Falsedge, earlier, when it had occurred. The typical Lambent would revel in the drama, but was she showing concern for the sensibilities of those she would call 'peasant'? Perhaps Song was even feeling responsible for having been the one to ask for the War Djinn's input. That was good and all if she was beginning to get off her high horse as see the concerns of lower castes of equal importance to her own. Fantastic, even.
Furthermore, Falsedge had gotten exactly the result she'd aimed for with the kid, despite Song's disappointment- as she'd hoped he chose his own weapon instead of letting someone tell him what to get. She'd only responded to his childish jabs with neutral acknowledgments whenever they occurred and asked him if he was going to make his own decision- what more did Song want from her? If she hadn't at least called him 'brat' instead of his name and sounded unfriendly, people might begin to want her around their kids- a terrible thought.
The only thing that didn't work out as she'd intended was the kid being praised for name-calling at a prickly stranger. She'd thought Cyndarans were not as judgmental when it came to looks, but apparently, 'ugly' was still an insult here. Though Falsedge herself wasn't insecure about her admittedly ruined looks, there were people who might flinch at hearing the very word. Having negatively influenced Tomo's growth left a bad taste in her mouth, but the moment had come and gone and she could get on the ball again.
"A talk before bed, Song? Sounds romantic." Was how she'd responded to the light fae, before occupying herself with her next task: to gather information on this possible Summenan operation.
Nevina Nevina

((Back to Present time))

"I see, I see... Do feel welcome anytime if you change your mind, and we- er, I, do hope you enjoy Cyndara!" The short business-minded creature left with a drag in her step, no doubt disappointed by the lack of fresh new clientele. Flutterby Flutterby

Falsedge raised a brow at Song, who hadn't said anything about herself save for her name during her introduction. Not that long ago, she had been talking the ears of their wood elf escort off. Perhaps she had yet to fabricate a story she felt comfortable to tell. Nevina Nevina
Crispin's question to Ora was great. She slapped her knee and drank to that embarrassing and hilarious interaction. Flutterby Flutterby
Desrick's laughter and comment made her grin. She thought he had good character. SilverFlight SilverFlight
"As aware as Shirtless McGuffin here's aware of his carving." She gestured with a jerk of her head to Lohrithe working on his statue. "Abrasiveness is an art, too. I encourage you to tell me off, can't gauge my success otherwise, heh!" Zazz Zazz

The arrow on the table put a quizzical look on her face, and her voice suddenly lost its playful tone. "An Evereach arrow, head to nock." Was this found here, in Cyndara, or brought over by the other Summenans? By the looks on their faces, the latter was... not the case. That wasn't good. Had she and Song been followed? But they had come by boat, and no doubt a proper search expedition would have had mounts and tracking animals to track them down quicker than they could move.
No, this might be something else.
"What's the occasion?"
She looked back up to Desrick, maintaining eye contact. SilverFlight SilverFlight

((OOC: Sorry about long internal exposits!
Also did I overdo tagging x'D))

Last edited:
Desrick's face was grim as he memorized the name Falsedge had spoken. "Evereach...A gift it would seem. I pulled it out of the heart of an orc, in the ruins of a village at the edge of the mists."
He thought for another moment before deciding to trust the table with the rest of the details. They had passed Cyndabrynde's test. It made him sure that they were not involved...not knowingly at any rate.
"There were obvious signs of struggle, but no other bodies besides my friend and his family, not orc nor elf or human. Killing a child is thought of as the epitome of weakness in my culture, as is shooting someone in the back. Whatever happened in that village. The attackers did not fight like orcs."
But there should have been bodies. "Orcs never flee. It is dishonorable. For the life of me I cannot fathom what happened there, but it is not the only orc village to just vanish. This arrow is the first real clue I have had."
Crispin, who has been brooding over his cup as his brother spoke suddenly added his piece. "You can see the people here are ah...a little less than sympathetic to anything that concerns orcs...Desrick's done his best to get to the bottom of it but support's been slow to come."
Desrick looked up imploringly to the Sumennan party, "What can you tell me about Evereach?
Flutterby Flutterby Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina deer deer
Zazz Zazz The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Ora glanced at Falsedge, glad that someone else had spoken the name first. Her gut felt weighed down with rocks, and her blood cooled like hot iron dunked into a bucket of water. Her mind replayed the walk past the orc village.. the bodies they had passed. She kept her eyes on the table as Desrick explained further, glancing up only at the sound of Crispin's voice, explaining why other Cyndarans were not outraged, like they probably should be. She snuck a drink, every few seconds, as if the alcohol would instantly soothe her nerves.

Ora cleared her throat and said quietly, "Evereach is the ruling house of elves, one of the three more powerful houses in Sumenna. They do.. magical stuff, weapons, train armies, mostly. Their city is basically the capital. She," Ora nodded toward Falsedge, "would know more of their inner workings, if she's been with them recently."
Ora's eyes returned to the orc, and she said, "But Evereach.. they're the reason we're here. Organized the expedition. They.." Ora paused, and looked at Desrick for a long moment before continuing. "There's a scroll, extremely ancient. Something about a great war." Ora shrugged, and took a swig. "Scared them enough to pull the houses together- and Dwerstand, the dwarves, hasn't been on good terms with the humans for almost a decade. Which is pretty long, for a single disagreement. Even they went."
The dwarf looked at Rossarinya, and then down at the table. Her face was clearly full of shame.
"We're the fact-finding mission. To find ways to win the coming war." She looked back up at Desrick. "You all were supposed to be savage, war-hungry beasts ready to kill us on sight. Not intelligent, and definitely not kind."
She took a deep breath. "I wasn't in the meeting, neither was my source inside the Dwerstand court. But whatever happened at that meeting, whatever they talked about, saw, whatever.. it made the dwarves want to hole up inside the mountain. And leave the rest of the summerlands to die, I guess." This time, when Ora raised her mug, there was only a single swallow left. She downed it, and the mug hit the table with a clunk.
SilverFlight SilverFlight
((was thinking maybe deer deer could give info on the actual meeting of the houses- since Ora isn't actually supposed to be on the expedition and wouldnt know))

Last edited:
Lohrithe, having missed Falsedge's shirtless jab, came around at Ora's explanation of why the Sumennans were in Cyndara. Or, most of them, at least. His thin, white brows pushed together. So, they had come to... to spy? Lohrithe set down the small carving and looked from Ora to Desrick seriously, and then to Falsedge.

"If they were here to spy, what were your intentions of coming into the Mystlands?" He had to remember, though, that the Goddess had welcomed them with open arms. With love and grace, in the Cyndaran way. Lohrithe could not fathom a land where one thought of Cyndarans as monsters. All monsters. Nay, his people were just wary of outsiders, was all. He supposed they looked different, but there was beauty in differences. The drow looked between the light elf and the half-dwarf and wondered what sort of people Sumennans were to call Ora and her ornate horns ugly and Cyndarans monsters.

When the Summenan warrior sat down, Rossarinya looked up and over towards her, able to get a good view of the djinn’s stature and features as she tilted her head to the side. She couldn't fully view her face, but she wondered how much she had seen and had gone through - through the terrors of war and pain. However, just as she sat, the warrior surprised her by directly speaking to her quiet musings. One sippy at a time? But, as Rossarinya heeded her advice on how to drink this foreign liquid, Rossarinya paused for a moment when the Djinn asked what she was doing in Cyndaran. However, just as Rossarinya was about to clear her throat and bring attention away from her reason of being in the expedition, the warrior's attention was back on Ora.

Rossarinya could only quietly observe both the warrior and Ora. A part of her noticed the struggle that Ora was having sitting near the lot of them, but before she could ask for assistance, Rossarinya's heart dropped momentarily finally hearing the warrior's name. Deserter from Evereach? As if she had been hit by an arrow, Rossarinya swallowed down hard as she took a sip of her drink, not stopping until her tankard was half empty.

However, before Rossarinya could swirl in her thoughts, the polite yet bubbling nature of the light fae next to her caught her attention. Rossarinya blinked slightly in surprise before a small smile made her way to her lips, remembering that she had mentioned all of them knowing each other by name. "It is nice to meet you, Song. I am Rossarinya, apologies that we have not formally introduced ourselves sooner." A small laugh escaped her lips as she felt herself going on auto-pilot, remembering her lessons in manners. "Oh!" She exclaimed, looking over towards her drink. "It. . is surprisingly delightful. I had never had a drink. And Ora had assured one drink wouldn't hurt and with Falsedge's advice, I am sure the drink will do me no wrong." Rossarinya smiled, "What of you?"

But, as the conversations brewed slowly, Rossarinya found herself slowly loosening up. Perhaps, it was the drink that was allowing her such, but her posture remained elegant and upright. Nevertheless, it seemed good times could only last for so long. As Falsedge's voice rang through the air, Rossarinya looked towards Lohrithe before her eyes landed back on the arrow she momentarily wanted to forget. It seemed that Falsedge and Song hadn't known about what has happened and with Desrick's explanation, Rossarinya could only grip her dress as she sighed.

When Crispin spoke of Cyndarans who wanted nothing to do with orcs or even come to aid, Rossarinya's heart sank, but even more so, when Desrick asked the Summenans what they knew of the House Evereach. A part of her felt betrayal slipping through her lips and another part of her needed to tell their newfound. . . friends, she didn't come here to harm anyone. But, with a look of surprise on her face, Rossarinya's attention went towards Ora would could so easily speak of Evereach without a thought

As Rossarinya sat there, listening to Ora, she felt shame, betrayal, and most of all her hope sinking. Something ignited anger and sadness in her soul and a drink would not help.

Once Ora finished, Rossarinya struggled. The Cyndarans have been nothing but accepting towards her and it would be ungrateful of her if she didn't warn the Cyndarans of what was to come. Both parties should be on the same playing field, shouldn't they?

"The first question would be to ask, what is good and what is evil?" Rossarinya furrowed her brows, looking amongst her company, her eyes softening as she looked towards Lohrithe's question. "It is subjective and the hatred between Summenan and Cyndaran has been nothing but tiresome and long-standing. Will there ever be an agreement? Or must the prophecy be foretold that only destruction can win?"

Looking down at the tankard in her hand, her reflection stared back at her dully as she sighed. Her eyes lifted up as her emerald green eyes glossed over everyone. "That arrow, by no means, comes as a surprise." She stated, her eyes glaring down at the arrow on the table. "House Evereach is a powerful house, one where others will look to for a call to action. They are proud yet fearful. The Elves are loyal but will have no trouble performing their duties, even if it means taking one of their own down. The end justifies their means, no matter the sacrifice, and no matter how dirty it is. The Elves will look up to the High Elf, heading His call much as you heed the call to your Priestess."

Hesitantly, Rossrinya took her tankard, not bothering sipping and gulped the last of the sweet liquid down her throat, preparing herself for the next reactions to come. "My brother Ander was suppose to have come on this expedition. But, I pleaded with him to allow me to go in his steed. Before I left, he told me of what has come to pass in the meeting of the Houses. She-Elves were not allowed to be there, but, he told me of a captive." She paused for a moment before her eyes fell on Desrick as she hadn't fully had time to think and put the pieces together until she had a chance to breathe. "They were searching for the truth to see if Cyndarans were indeed planning for an attack and caught someone."

A long silence filled the air as Rossarinya finished her last words. "He was green skinned, big and hurly, with a tusk that has just been broken."

tags: SilverFlight SilverFlight , Flutterby Flutterby , Zazz Zazz , Mythee Mythee , Nevina Nevina , The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Last edited:
zemc70Y.png
Pointedly ignoring Falsedge, Song focused her social energies on the elf who was actually capable of polite conversation, "Never had a drink? Oh my, I am sorry your first had to be such as this. Why, House Lambent's wines are the finest under the sun!" A pause as she realized she needed to amend the common phrase, "--And moon. That is to say, Lambent drink is the finest in the lands! If ever you go, please do try the vineyards there. What region to you hail from?" deer deer

Gold eyes turned at the word Evereach. While hearing such a known word among Summenans was of no concern, the subtle tone in Falsedge's voice is what caught her attention. Song peered down to the object in question, realizing the presence of an arrowhead would be cause for concern. She frowned, her brows briefly furrowed before she slipped into a more neutral expression. What did it mean?

Listening to the others explain Evereach, Song had to fight a particularly strong impulse to join in the topic. Gossip about houses, a classic pasttime! Oh she could tell you all about how the duke's cousin's nephew foolishly chose a green flower for a proposal once - it was entirely ludicrous and caused great shame, resulting in two families hurling insults across the street, according to the rumors. Why, it was even said their fashion was subpar to that of Lambent's, where even Evereach's greatest leaders only ever wore two colors at a time. Surely that was just a rumor and not truth, otherwise it would be a blasphemy against fashion! There was always talk of alliances and betrayals of course, but what did the rumors say of their policies and beliefs? What did they want for the country as a whole? She couldn't quite recall any rumors of such.

Besides, why would these Cyndarans need such information anyways? They were perfectly well divided and had to reason no change such things. The arrow was probably some plant to paint an ill picture of the illustrious Summenans-- a pause, then, as Song once more questioned how illustrious Summena was. She was angry at her own country, wary of this new country, and still hadn't had any time to consider her own thoughts on the matter.

And thus the ever talkative light fae maintained her silence, waiting to see where things would turn. Were they trying to turn against each other by sharing such information?

Last edited:
The ex-intelligence officer listened intently to both sides of the story- they had gotten the meat of the ongoing matters at last. It was a lot worse than she could have guessed. Leagues worse, from Desrick's account. In fact, this was bigger than anything she'd ever faced. So the great nobles have tired of only roping Summenans into their twisted rodeo, and are bringing their scourge to Cyndara.
Used to keeping her feelings hidden, her face held a stony, if serious expression. She hadn't heard of this- of either of these excursions into Cyndara, and neither had she heard of this prophecy despite the position she had held. Even though she had been Internal Affairs, and both the Orc raids and infiltration party sounding positively External Affairs, there would have been whispers.
But she hadn't been in Evereach territory for a month- this could all have begun after she had left for her mission in Emain Ablach, or even more recently in the past two weeks that she had stolen Song from the gallows. She leaned back in her chair.

Falsedge answered Lohrithe's question simply. "To evade pursuit and survive." More specifically, so that Song could survive, because Khudalch Ir would have been just fine and dandy- but let's not mince the details. No need to mention that they would have strong reason to pursue Falsedge, given how intimately she knew Evereach. And to think that -she- used to be the coordinating the hunt and silencing of those who carried such sensitive information out where it didn't belong. The heads of the house must have been thrown in for a loop by the unexpected betrayal of someone in her position.

Rossarinya spoke with the eloquence expected of a noble, admirably composed given her allegiance. Falsedge wouldn't be surprised if she was more shaken than anyone else over this matter. What is evil, she asks? People liked to needlessly complicate these questions so that they could choose inaction and still feel good about themselves. It's all grey, so I should do nothing- because if I do something it might be wrong! Falsedge scoffed at that attitude- the sheer hypocrisy of it. The abuse of power was evil, plain and simple. Not wrath, not pride, not selfishness; if so, wouldn't any innocent animal trying to survive be evil? No... evil was the realm of those who had choices, and the greater one's power, the more one's choices become catalysts for greater evil. But it wasn't time for a philosophical discussion.

Falsedge cut right to the chase.
"If the missing Orcs would not run, then they were taken. One of those could have been the captive you speak of, milady-" having learned of Rossarinya's name didn't stop her from using the nickname she'd already adopted for her- "-because evidence can be made, especially when you have as much push and pull as Evereach." She looked from Rossarinya to Desrick. "The question I'm interested in is what they needed that many of your people for. I'm going to hazard a guess. If they release them where they are seen at large, putting aside whether or not they would harm civilians or be forced to fight troops, that'll be more than enough evidence of an orcish incursion into Summena. The Houses will fall in line and march into your lands, because they sure as hell aren't looking to fight a war on their own precious territory. So yeah, orc-haters or not, all of Cyndara should be fucking concerned."
She placed her elbows on the table surface, curling her armored fingers to peer over them at everyone around her and gauge their reactions.

Flutterby Flutterby SilverFlight SilverFlight Nevina Nevina The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye deer deer Zazz Zazz

Ora stared at Rossarinya until she started to speak. It was clear that she was a lot more uncomfrtable sharing information with the Cyndarans than she was. But she had people to return to, brothers that would be called to fight in the war. Ora had no people, so her loyalties were up for grabs, so to speak. After seeing the wasted orc village, and walking through this strange land with the kindest strangers she had ever met.. well, she thought they at least deserved to know what was coming. In the end.. she would go wherever she was most likely to survive. That makes you a disloyal, opportunistic bitch. The voice in the back of her head wasn't wrong, but Ora found that she didn't care. This was war- there wasn't much time for morals.

Ora slowly lowered her eyes to the table, because there was something in Rossarinya's face.. anger? Distrust? It couldve been directed at something else, but Ora felt a flash of guilt when she realized just betrayed her entire country. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but what was more uncomfortable was the following flash of satsifaction.

At the end of Falsedge's speech, Ora sighed and looked up at the warrior, then at Desrick.
"So what we're saying is, the orcs were kidnapped by light elves to give Sumenna undeniable proof of an invasion, and an iron-clad reason to attack Cyndara before they attack us? The entire country of Sumenna is being manipulated, by an ancient scroll and those missing orcs, at the hand of Evereach?" It was a question, but she knew that was what they were saying. It didn't bode well for either side, the Sumennans being tricked, or the Cyndarans that may be attacked. Or anyone in between. The half-dwarf chewed on the inside of her lip, her expression like she had just swallowed something vile. "Well.. that scroll must have really been something."
More than anything, Ora wished she had another drink. Or ten.

"War?" Desrick stared at Ora in disbelief. "Cyndara?" The thought was so ludicrous he caught himself in a derisive laugh. "Cyndarans don't go to war. If your people are looking for a fight, they won't get one."
The thought of a potential invasion worried him greatly. "The fact that you were honest about this proves the Goddess' faith in you, if anyone here needed it. There was respect in his eyes when he cast his gaze on Ora again. "If it is any compliment, I do not think you are of a similar nature to your people, as you describe them."
Flutterby Flutterby
Lohr brought up an excellent point. Desrick moved on to Falsedge. "Why were you running?"
Mythee Mythee Zazz Zazz

It was Rossarinya that diverted his attention after that. The captive she described was orcish. "This house took an orc?" It was clear anger and outrage was warring with reason in his head. "Where was he taken? How long ago was this?" He reigned himself in at length, forcing his emotions back under control.
As he listened to Falsedge continue his hands gripped the table tightly.
"Orcs are not easy to capture." He rumbled darkly, but his mind was already working on ways they could have accomplished the feat.
"There should have been more of a struggle, but I don't know if that is my knowledge speaking...or my pride."
What the warrior described next was even more unsettling. "You've seen how orcs are regarded here, I can't imagine how the sumennan's would react..."
Bad. That is how they would react, and if Evereach wanted to galvanize their "allies", forcing a band of orcs into the sunlands would be a very good was to do it.
"I need to find them. The missing orcs." Desrick announced suddenly, but his expression bellied an uncertainty about confronting an enemy he knew nothing about...and one that apparently could snatch an entire orc village with only three deaths.
"But...I will need help."
deer deer Zazz Zazz Mythee Mythee Flutterby Flutterby Nevina Nevina

Users who are viewing this thread

Back