• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Set sail to shiner days! | CLOSED FOR NOW

Dooplighost

Freak Sheet
Hiya, this is an interested check for the rp I wanna host! In this rp, players will follow the Captain of a pirate crew that has had its reputation go down the drain recently and will work with him, as members of this dying crew, restore their power, fame and riches that they once possessed.

If we get the rp off the ground, I hope to integrate a more focused main storyline that goes beyond the Captain’s motivation. The events that create the main storyline will arise as we enact what I want the main thing of this rp to be: exploring the different islands of the world and finding treasure. Plenty of other pirate things like stealing/terrorising the citizens of other islands as well as battling rival crews and dealing with storms at sea will also come into play during the rp and probably will have main story events tied to them.

Just so the rp isn’t too linear I would encourage each one of you all, the players, to create a character that has their own motivation for helping out the captain. Be that finding a lost family member, looking for a particular or a revenge story on a different pirate crew, that will be up to you! In between events of the main story, I would like to integrate something similar to side quests into the rp, character arcs for your character if you will. In these side quests, we can explore an island created by you with monsters created by you in search of a treasure created by you, central to your character’s motivation. This will hopefully be a good way of developing them as a character, forming relationships with other characters as well as worldbuilidng in general.

I hope to have a small group of maybe 5 others (disclosing me) at most each with up to 2 characters. I also prefer posts that are at least a paragraph or two long, if you’re more into one-liners I don’t think this rp will be for you sorry!

Anyway, I will post the lore of the world and story so far below if you wanna read!...which I advise you do...
I look forward to role playing with all of you! : )

/|\
Welcome to the fantastical world of Oceanet! About eighty five percent of the planet is covered in ocean and the rest is filled with many different islands to explore- some civilised some, well, the opposite of that. Pirates are common in this world and they are exactly how you'd imagine them: thieving liars talented with sailing and sword fighting as well as greedy for treasure that'll give them status, wealth and power. But, despite their lack of rarity, they aren't very well liked among those who have traditional jobs and maintain the economy of the world through global trade. This is something that pirates often interrupt for their own wants and needs. Pirates often don't even get along well with each other if they're not in the same crew, many rival pirate crews often engage in conflicts- be it on land or sea for any and every reason.

Among these plentiful crews is a rather small crew that has outlived its glory days. This crew is the Dreadeus Crew. Once lead by Martin Dreadeus, the Dreadeus crew were some of the nastiest pirates you could come across, they were merciless and were said to be unbelievably skilled fighters. No wonder they were once amongst the most feared crews in Oceanet. That is they were until the current captain, Antonio Dreadeus the son of Martin Dreadeus, took control- his lack of an assertive nature led to the crew shrinking in size as less members of the Dreadeus Crew wanted to call him captain, this decreased the crew’s strength.

The lack of the power they once possessed invited rival crews, particularly the Pink Rose, to attack the Dreadeus Crew and kill off those who remained loyal as well as steal supplies and riches from them. The Pink Rose essentially stole all of what the Dreadeus Crew had and surpassed the Dreadeus Crew's status, power and wealth. Antonio was desperate at this point, his family's crew had sunk to the bottom of the food chain because of him- if he could not pull off something amazing to raise his crew up to the top once again then they would very quickly be destroyed and forgotten.

For a few years, this hope was nothing more than that- a hope. Until alas, the exploration of an insignificantly small and uncharted island in the middle of nowhere lead to a discovery that could save the Dreadeus Crew. For in a cave on this island Antonio discovered a being thought to be only of legend: a Djinni.

These beings were powerful and talented in the art of elemental manipulation- a practice that was recently becoming more common amongst more powerful pirates, although none of them could ever hope to match a Djinni in magical might. However, a Dijinni's power was limited to how much wealth it possessed, and this particular Djinni was far from wealthy- in fact her lack of wealth had rendered her unable to even float let alone manipulate elements. This lack of a basic Djinni ability left her stranded on this island. Though luckily for her, Djinni had the ability to sense treasures from far distances- tales told that pirate crews of the past used Djinni to find treasure, this lead to many conflicts over Djinni where many of the magical beings lost their lives. This was why there were very few left alive on Oceanet and many believed them to be extinct or nothing more than beings of legend.

Both the Djinni on the island, named Scarlet, and Antonio had a common goal: gain wealth- and a deal to help each other do so was struck. From that day forth the Dreadeus Crew had gained a new member who would hopefully spring them back to the top of the ranks of all the crews in Oceanet! That fateful meeting between Scarlet and Antonio was about two weeks ago and the Dreadeus Crew have been doing better recently, finding small treasures with Scarlet's help. Soon, reliable survivability of the Dreadeus Crew had been ensured thanks to Scarlet. In return for her help, Antonio promised they'd help her find something she'd told them that she's always wanted: The legendary Djinni treasure.

And as a member of the Dreadeus Crew, whatever your motivation be, finding it is your, and the rest of the crew's, quest!

When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation
My father said "Now, son, this choice deserves deliberation
Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier
My boy, why not consider a more challenging career?"

Theo713 Theo713 posting length will be like one paragraph of four sentences or above. There will be fighting segments so I expect there will be shorter posts for those.

Either way I only wanted about five people for this one, I am new to this and only want a small group to start off with, and I have five who’ve shown interest already. If they don’t respond on the OOC about if they’re still interested or not by Monday then I’ll notify you and you can join up then!

NyxDarling NyxDarling BFabulous BFabulous

... oh, also, I'm stupid and only JUST realized I've stolen NyxDarling NyxDarling 's name ... I can change that if you like! I swear it was the product of the word Nixie and not just direct theft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back