• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Set Sail for Serenity [Main]

Alex Cruz
Guilty Gear Johnny.jpgAlex waited for the other ladies to follow their captain before doing so himself. He tipped his hat at the gentleman as he passed by him. "Enjoy, senor." Once outside he took a deep breath of the sea air. "Today's going to be a good day for sailing," he said to no one in particular.

Suddenly a white ribbon floated past his face. He quickly looked up and noticed that it was not just a ribbon, it was also a red balloon.

"Somebody catch it!" he heard a girl's voice.

Springing into action, Alex ran after the balloon and jumped, catching the end of the ribbon. The chase only pulled him a couple feet away from the rest of the crew.

"Thank you, mister."

Turning to look at the girl, he could finally put a face to her voice. She looked to be around ten-years-old. She had red hair tied in pig tails, freckles, and the cutest smile. There was also a woman standing beside her. She looked like a more mature version of the girl; he assumed that she was her mother.

"Looks like I was in the right place at the right time, chica," he said as he handed her the balloon. "I'd recommend tying it around your wrist or something else to weigh it down. The sea breeze isn't going to be ending anytime soon."

He tipped his hat at the mother. "Have a good day, senoritas."

Alex walked back over to his crew. It looked like the captain and shipwright were having a chat. Alex flashed a smile as he turned toward the other women on the crew and the jester. "We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Alex Cruz. I'll be your navigator on this venture. I look forward to working with you," he said, politely bowing and tipping his hat with his thumb.

Interacted: MrBrown MrBrown Meredith Meredith Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Nearby: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Exanis Exanis

Wes Barker.jpg
Wesley Barker
He remained with his hands placed idly on the pommels of his swords with his head hung and took in the conversation around him. Perhaps he'd been a little to hasty in his judgment. Cecily seemed to have a fair idea of what she was doing, at very least when she spoke to her would-be crew. Mechanical, perhaps, but not ignorant. As far as the crew members spitting assorted tidbits of languages he couldn't understand went, if everything went according to plan he'd be left to himself in the wood works under the ship for most of this time anyway. He clicked his tongue and leaned his head back with a lax posture, looking down over his nose like he couldn't be bothered meeting people eye to eye, then tailed the captain as she left the tavern.

He slipped past everyone out into the street as they seemed to get caught up just by the doorway. Absentmindedly he moved his hand from his sword to place it on the wrench at his hip. Finally he'd be back in a ship. It'd been far too long. Behind him he heard a feminine voice mention that she'd been cooking at the bar, so he snapped his fingers and pointed at her over his shoulder. "Good fuckin' steak. Right on." He said, not caring much if it was loud enough to be audible before he looked back down the street towards the harbor.

He kept up with Cecily all the way to the harbor, shielding his eyes from the sun and generally not paying much attention. At least until he was asked a question. "Well..." He started, shoved his hands in his pockets, rocked back and forth on his heels and looked up at the long row of ship with one eye closed. "For a crew of our size, prolly a caravel or a polacca, 'less ye feel like ye got pockets deep 'nuff for a sizeable backup of quality planks. Best shipwright couldn't save ye from eventual decay or damage, 'specially in the pirating business." Still rocking back and forth, still with one eye closed he turned his head to face her. "White oak masts. Old keel, stood the test of time but well kept. No barnacles. Ash hull for speed, cypress hull for sustainability, or fir for toughness. God's sake, no mixed boards, or there'll be disproportionate damage and cracking everywhere. Metal plating or iron bolt repair work is a death trap."

Finally, he stopped rocking. "You're going to want one with a proper cabin, yeah? Cannons. Low bowsprit. Jolly Roger withheld." His words ceased, and he met the captain's eyes with both his own. The wrench at his side rustled as he suddenly shot out with his arm and pointed down the harbor without averting his gaze from her. "That's yer best bet right there, cap'n."
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Meredith Meredith

Scarface Pirates
“Please, oh please, let me help, T.T.!”

A young red haired woman with hair almost as long as she was tall was making her way through some of the shops in the harbor with a man in a black suit hot on her tail, white gloves on both hands that he held clasped together in a begging gesture. She didn’t even look back in the man’s general direction, though; instead, her hand grabbed her red ponytail and pulled it over her shoulder as she kept on walking through the streets until she came upon a clothing store that she entered without a second thought.

“T.T., I can pick out some fabulous outfits for you! You’ll be the most beautiful queen in all the seas! Please let me help!” the man cried out again.

Seeming more annoyed than anything else, the woman finally turned to face him, rolling her eyes as she did. “You do this every time, Wyatt and the answer is always the same. I don’t need you picking out my outfits for me. I allowed you to come with me this time out of the kindness of my heart. Shouldn’t that be enough for you!?” In reality, she had let him come with the hope that some of his annoying behaviors would subside more than for any other reason, but that didn’t seem to be working out very well now that they were actually out and about.

Seeing a flicker of the anger Titania was capable of, the man called Wyatt backed away one step before bowing his head in apology. “You’re right, of course. I’m sorry T.T. I’m sure you’ll pick out the most beautiful outfits to display all of your glory, as usual.”

With a temporary look of satisfaction, Titania turned away from him and started perusing the racks of clothing within the shop with great curiosity. She browsed through many things, grabbing some items to inspect them more closely before putting almost everything right back where she had found it. In the end, the red haired woman only held a single blouse in her hands to purchase, but in her mind, getting even one item made the entire journey worth it. Wyatt had continued following her for the duration of it all, although he had managed to be surprisingly quiet. He occasionally grabbed an item himself, obviously considering whether or not it would be worth it to recommend the item to her, but he always ended up putting it back and saying nothing.

Titania paid the shopkeeper in beli and then started heading back to the ship that both she and Wyatt were employed on.

“Miss T.T.?” Wyatt questioned hesitantly. “Would you like me to buy you a drink while we’re docked? They’ll have very fine wines here that undoubtedly would suit your tastes, unlike what I’m able to prepare on the ship.”

This time, when Titania turned to face him, she wore a subtle smile. “While that does sound delightful, Wyatt, we do need to be back to the ship because Stitches didn’t want to spend too much time here. We’re lucky he allowed this brief shopping venture of ours in the first place.”

Seriousness dawned on Wyatt’s face and he nodded without question. “Right. Stitches. We’ve probably taken up too much time already.”

“Which is why we should get back.”

The two of them walked down the harbor to where their ship was docked and they waltzed right on board. Right away, they could hear banging below deck which meant that Eli was hard at work making repairs with supplies Stitches must’ve been able to obtain on his own venture and Corven was waiting for them with his hands on the wheel as though daydreaming about actually being in charge - something that wouldn’t happen in a million years.

“Captain, we’re back!” Titania called out, not quite sure where Captain Stitches was at, but quite certain he’d be able to hear her nonetheless.

Meanwhile, Wyatt had bowed his head to “Miss T.T.” one final time. “Anyways, I should be getting back to the kitchens. I’m sure Stitches acquired plenty of supplies I can use to prepare us a fine dinner tonight. Visit me, please?” There was a subtle nod from Titania which he hoped meant yes, but he didn’t wait for confirmation before heading towards the ship’s kitchens. However, before he could actually get there, Corven had stepped into his path.

“I’d wait on the Captain if I were you. Some things went awry.” Corven had a silly and almost sinister smile on his face, as though he enjoyed keeping secrets from his crewmates and thought it made him look cool. In reality, the look didn’t suit him at all, though.

Stepping out of the cabin was their Captain then. “Corven, I’ll tell them. We didn’t have enough beli to acquire the supplies you requested, Wyatt.”

Wyatt’s expression was dumbfounded. “We won’t get very far without food, Captain,” he tried to explain.

“And I understand that. You don’t need to educate me. I have a plan.” Turning, he gestured to a tiny island with a single house that they could see from the dock. “There’s a farm there, and only one house so it likely isn’t defended. We’re pirates. We swoop in, gather the crops we need, burn the place and then head out from there. Fair enough?” He eyed each of his crew members who were on deck with him. No one objected, but Titania did start heading towards the barracks.

“I’ll have to change my outfit if that’s the plan. Don’t need this one getting stained.”

Stitches nodded and then called down to where Eli was making repairs to the hull. “Are we good to set sail, Eli?”

“Aye aye, sir!” came Eli’s reply before he continued hammering away.

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert
Cece had crossed her arms absentmindedly in front of her as she waited for a reply from her new shipwright, her fingers tapping in a very subtle sign of impatience. Luckily for everyone involved, there was no need for her to become frustrated again with her new crew because Wes was fairly quick to offer his insight and she could tell right away that he truly did know what he was talking about. Some of the things he mentioned she understood while there were other pieces that didn’t quite fit in with the knowledge she had about ships. She’d never studied the workings of a ship herself so it was only natural that some of her knowledge there would be lacking. Cecily didn’t ask about any of it, though. She just listened and nodded along.

Finally, Cecily’s gaze shifted to the harbor when Wes pointed out one ship that seemed to meet all of his requirements and expectations. Her eyes inspected it carefully at first, barely noting that there were two individuals walking onto the deck as she studied it. Her eyes instead were taking in the detail of it. It certainly looked nice. She didn’t necessarily see anything special about it, but they didn’t need anything special. They just needed a vessel that could carry them on their adventures.

“That looks like it’ll work quite nicely,” she agreed. Her eyes shifted to note that there were people on board and she considered the situation briefly. “Kinda hard to steal it when there’s passengers on board, though.” Well, not really, but it would be hard to avoid too large of a confrontation. The harbor wasn’t exactly built for any large scale battles and given she didn’t quite know her crew all that well yet, Cecily didn’t want to gamble on whether or not they would likely win anyway.

Her fingers tapped on her arm again, this time in intense deliberation.

There was no time to really formulate a plan, though, because as she stood there watching it, it became apparent that its current owners were about to leave the harbor for who knows what sort of destination. “So much for making a plan,” Cecily mumbled, more to herself than to anyone else. “Come on, guys!” she shouted to her new crewmates. “We’ve got to get on board that ship!” Her arm swung in gesture towards the ship Wes had pointed out and Cecily launched herself into an all out sprint.

For your reply, please do not have your character take any action that stops the ship from moving. Instead have them catch it and get on board. The whole point is for everyone to end up on Crescent Moon Isle, the island where Cecily was born. If you could kindly respect that, I would appreciate it!

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Meredith Meredith Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Exanis Exanis MrBrown MrBrown

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert = khaki
Mitchell “Stitches” Baester = royalblue
Corven Shearshew = lightpink
Titania Logos = crimson
Ellison “Eli” Jacoby = sienna
Wyatt Lingti = yellowgreen

6e2ac1ba1dbd8288ffa3bdb9e8a49e82d10a86bd_00.jpg

Nagata Mina

Mina watched with curious eyes the various people gathered there already. Apparently, she was one of the last ones, if not the last one, to arrive. The woman grinned slightly, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly as she smiled at the group. From the small dialogs she managed to catch it seemed this would be quite the crew if they did decide to stick together. Though unsure of it, she figured it wouldn't be odd for a crew to split if they weren't able to work together.

"I'm Mina, it's my honor to meet all of you." She introduced herself, taking a small bow, her left hand moving to rest on the hilt of the katana resting on her hip, tied by the sash around her waist. "I'm sorry I'm late, I lost track of time..." She apologized, turning to the blonde woman who seemed to be the captain of this soon to be pirate crew.

Mina's gaze moved to where Cecily and some of the others were looking, having been able to pick from the conversation that they were currently searching for a ship. From the looks of it, they'd be stealing it. Mina mentally shrugged her shoulders. If they were to be pirates, they might as well act like it. It made since the others were searching for a ship, something that hadn't crossed her mind up until that moment. Having lived underwater her entire life and having few difficulties in swimming wherever she wanted to go, Mina failed to notice the fact the others probably weren't Merfolk or even Fishman.

'Not being able to breathe underwater, I wonder what that's like...'

She had been about to suggest they could just swim, once more forgetting the fact the others weren't like her, when Cecily shouted and dashed forward after the ship that had started to leave the harbor. "Guess we're getting on that ship." Mina chuckled, running after Cecily, holding her katana so that the blade didn't bounce and disrupted her sprint.

Far from her speed in the water, Mina still moved fairly quickly on land, having based her entire fighting style on speed after all. She joined Cecily's side, running alongside her soon to be Captain, as she eyed the ship, considering her options. Mina considered diving into the water and from there simply propel herself higher onto the ship. She knew that would draw attention to her, as well as reveal her mermaid tail, something she didn't want to happen right now. Another option was to run as close to the edge of the harbor as possible and simply jump on top of the ship before it moved too far away. That, she figured, would be the safer of the two options.

"I'll be going on ahead," Mina warned, increasing her speed slightly so as to reach the edge before it was too late. The blonde-haired woman ran as close to the edge as possible, jumping at the last second, towards the ship. Some of her tail's strength resided in her legs and, still unaccustomed to running on land, Mina ended up putting more strength in her jump than what she had intended.

She flew through the sky, above the ship, up to the point the almost missed it. Mina landed gracefully on the side opposite to the harbor, her back facing the current occupants of the ship.
"Damn, I thought I'd miss the ship entirely." She chuckled to herself, standing up and turning around to face the others. On her lips stood a small seductive smile. "You don't mind if my companions and I join you, do you?"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Meredith Meredith Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Exanis Exanis

Alex Cruz
Guilty Gear Johnny.jpg“Come on, guys! We’ve got to get on board that ship!”

That ship was on the move and so should he.

"I'll see you on the ship, mi amigos," he announced to the rest of the crew. Pressing his hat down with his left hand, Alex started to sprint after his captain, taking the opposite side of Mina.

"What's the plan, jefe?" he asked. "Are we going to try to be sneaky or go all out?" The most famous pirates were known for their grand entrances. As if answering his question, Mina jumped high into the air, crazy high. Alex whistled, sounding impressed. "All out it is."

He couldn't let a woman go in alone, even if she did have a katana. Right now there was no telling how many people were on board that ship and it didn't look like a Marine ship, she could have just stepped on a pirate ship for all they knew. Rival pirates don't like their stuff being messed with.

With an adventurous smirk on his face, Alex picked up the pace. "Coming through!" he called out to any pedestrians. Once closer to the ship, he agilely jumped onto some barrels and crates, before making a grand leap toward the pirate ship. He chuckled excitedly as he grabbed onto the railing near the back of the ship. From under his shades, he quickly winked at Cece as if to say everything was going according to his plan.

He pulled himself up and planted his feet on the railing. He stuck a pose with his left hand on his hat, casting a shadow over his eyes and sunglasses. Spanish guitar played in his head. It was time for the dashing hero to reveal himself. "You better not be thinking about pointing your weapons at the senorita, muchachos. I would hope your parents taught you better than that," he said, right hand resting on the hilt of his rapier. It was more of a heroic line to turn the focus onto himself. Assuming he was about to deal with pirates, he questioned the civility he'd get in reply. The majority of them had a ruthless reputation.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock MrBrown MrBrown Exanis Exanis Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Meredith Meredith Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Last edited:
f6954e44201bb0ca45685ae4c6f091e1.jpg
Dirk "Mind Vault" Lowell
Dirk noted what seemed to be the final member of this ragtag crew step up and join them, she apparently being a chef that actually worked at the very pub they had just left. Interesting, but nothing to truly important to keep an eye on from the first glance. The issue, it seemed, stemmed from the jester-themed masked man, who's situational awareness and grip on his weapons seemed lackluster at best. A small shake of his head pushed that thought to the side, maybe this was just a one off, Dirk himself hadn't gotten to where he was by giving off a true impression of his abilities all the time either. Maybe it was all part of the clown act, however unlikely it was to be true. Dirk was never one to make a habit of underestimating those around him, not after that night. Still, it seemed that his new captain and doctor were just as unimpressed as he was as well. Things weren't off to a good start it seemed, though maybe that would all change when they actually started sailing and acclimating towards each other. Soon enough, they all left the pub, full crew finally gathered, and began making their way towards the harbor behind Cece. As they were on the move, Dirk made sure to keep an eye on the crew, noting a few things that began solidifying his impression of his crewmates. The most notable thing that he had spotted regarded the tall blond, Alex, and his immense soft spot and weakness towards females in general, which was problematic at best and fatal at worst. He seemed naive, overly trusting, and a tad too honorable to have an easy time out on the harsh seas, though maybe his personal strength has let him coast through it up till now. It'd likely change in the future, and not for the best.

Before he could delve too deep into his thoughts, Dirk picked up on the conversation between his captain and Wes. Listening in as Wes listed off the needed specs for a vessel to survive the upcoming seas that they were about to face, Dirk had to admit to himself that the rude man at the very least knew his given subject matter, though that didn't change his slowly growing distaste for the shipwright. Following his finger as he pointed out one specific ship that fit all the requirements, Dirk felt his body tense and his eyes narrow as he immediately spotted the two figures walking onto the deck of the ship without seemingly a care in the world. Before he could even bring himself to give a warning or suggest the slightest bit of caution in their approach, Cece had all but declared that they were going to do a full on assault onto an unknown ship in the middle of a public harbor surrounded on all sides by complete unknowns, ally and enemy. The blood in Dirk's face slowly began to drain away as he realized he was about to be put in one of the worst situations for someone like him. Grimacing ever so slightly as not only Cece, but Alex and Mina as well took off at a sprint towards the ship, he burst forward into action as well. The only chance he had to keep with his preferred style of fighting, as it was clear he was about to be forced into combat, was to take advantage of the two big distractions about to make their way onto their chosen vessel. Timing his travel time with Alex's, Dirk took a path bathed in more shadows and darkness, cutting around the side of the ship and nimbly scaling up its side, diving forward for a shaded spot while pulling his hood further down to cover his eyes, praying internally that there was no one that had caught his approach.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 MrBrown MrBrown Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Penelope Santos
a79690d2e4fb13fa11c2c9f821d95f97.jpg Eyes trail towards the captain and the shipwright as they walk away for a private chat. Penny's eyes lingering on the captain, as she thinks back to Cece's concerned body language. There was something traumatic which has lead the blonde to how she is. The willingness to give a person a chance said a lot even if it's a small excuse, the revolutionist concluded for the sake of venturing forward and gain any possible trust, is to expose herself. Worst case scenario is...well she couldn't think of one, but guaranteed there is a larger predicament. After all, if she plans to be the ships doctor and get anywhere, she would have to have her patients trust her as well. Alex had already given her a friendly ok. The rest were questionable as she takes a second glance at the crew she will have to get along.

Further thoughts perish as Cece calls out to the band to embark on their first order. To catch the ship before it leaves the docks. There was no time to second guess. Penny's feet started running with the others, hat held by a hand keeping it in place. Everything was happening so fast, yet it was nothing out of the ordinary from her line of work. The newbie, hollered that she would rush ahead. The doctor was left intrigued by the woman's speed. No doubt she was something else entirely, or just ridiculously fast. She will soon find out.

There were people on board the ship the closer she gets. The plan to steal a ship was underway with no way of looking back. The harsh decision Penny must accept that from here on out, she is a pirate and pirates live a life of chaos. Hopefully, these folks were not the baddest bunch given the little information on their introductions. She wouldn't hesitate to throw them off board or beat them to redemption. Catching a ship was as easy as 1,2,3. It was all about trajectory, and surroundings. In this case, the posts on the peer were a helping tool to boost her jump and landing beside Alex and Nagata. She squats the landing to keep her legs from breaking at a height and standing.
"Made it in the nick of time." She pulls out her pocket watch to check the time. "Not a mere second later either." She chuckled.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis MrBrown MrBrown Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Meredith Meredith Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back