• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Set Sail for Serenity [Main]

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Cecily “Cece” Eaggert
67b97193bd2eb3cf85cc23a80ffe25da.jpg

From the moment her feet had first set foot on Elephant Moon Harbor, it was apparent and obvious to anyone watching that her spirit wasn’t really there with her. The young woman’s gaze kept drifting to a far smaller island right across the channel, an island people in the harbor probably could swim to if they really wanted, though there was nothing there that would drive people to do that. The smaller island only had a single house upon it, after all. However, this wasn’t just any woman who’s eyes kept betraying where she really wanted to be. This was Cecily Eaggert and that smaller island had been the place that she’d called home for most of her childhood. She wondered if her dad still lived there. She wondered if he waited for her to come home like they’d always waited for her mom to come home when her mom worked in the harbor.

The obvious and easy thing to do given her preoccupation would be to go to the smaller island and learn the answers to all the questions racing through her mind at a million miles a minute, but that wasn’t the approach that the blonde woman decided to go with. She couldn’t go home, not yet, not when there was still so much she had to do at sea. If she went home now, Cecily wasn’t sure she would be able to bring herself to ever leave again, which meant she had other things to do first.

Wearing black shoes, black pants, a black button down long-sleeved shirt and a plain red half-jacket, Cecily was able to move through the busy harbor without creating much of a scene because nothing about her screamed ‘pirate.’ Even if something had, this was one of the few free harbors remaining. They had a law against calling in the marines - not a public law, but they did their best to enforce it. After all, pirates had money and they tended to spend it well which brought good business to the shops upon Elephant Moon Harbor. Sure, marines visited too, but typically they avoided causing trouble. Typically.

Cecily’s experiences with marines hadn’t exactly been typical.

Although she knew her destination, that didn’t prevent Cecily’s eyes from wandering through some of the marketplaces she walked through and she found herself stopping at a hat stand that seemed lacking in business. The woman running it… well, Cecily thought she was a woman, anyway… smiled at her. “Welcome to Elephant Moon Harbor!” the woman greeted her with a smile and cheerful attitude. “Did you know what you were looking for or would you like me to make a suggestion for you?”

It was hard not to return the smile from the business woman. “If you have a recommendation for me, I’d gladly hear you out.”

1a964c463861806.jpg
The hatter didn’t spare a moment to question further, instead just reaching under her little stall and letting her hands emerge with a pirate hat - subtle violet in color with a black feather on top. “You seem like someone who suits this hat.”

Nodding along, Cecily couldn’t help but be surprised that the woman had guessed she was a pirate. She didn’t think it had been apparent in the slightest, but maybe she was wrong. “I think it’s a perfect fit,” she accepted before reaching into a coin purse in her pocket and tossing some coins on the stall. “You can keep the extra.”

“I’ll make sure to put it to good use,” the woman smiled. “And if anyone asks, can you tell them your hat was created by Talone Hatters? It’s always a nice draw for business to get your name out there.”

“Of course!” Placing the hat upon her head, Cecily continued towards her actual destination. It was a little hidden gem of a pub further away from the actual ships that were coming and going. That meant it usually wasn’t a “quick stop” sort of place. The patrons it received were most likely planning on occupying the island for at least a night or two and that was perfect because the pub was situated right next to a family run inn.

Ashen Wolves Pub. That was the one.

Walking inside, Cecily looked around curiously, wondering if anyone who she’d sent replies to was already waiting for her. Though it was a little early in the day for drinking, that never stopped the types of crowds that Elephant Moon Island drew so it was bustling already and hard to tell who was there for what reasons. Not wanting to create too much of a scene by calling any names just yet, Cecily instead found herself an empty table and sat down, taking her hat off her head and setting it on the table in front of her. One of the servers made their way over and Cecily wound up ordering a pint of ale along with a ham and cheese sandwich. She’d missed lunch, so it was a good time to make up for it. The ale was brought out quickly and then she watched and waited, observing without questions.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Alex Cruz

Guilty Gear Johnny.jpgA small ship pulled into Elephant Moon Harbor. One of the passengers was dressed in all black and had a charismatic smile on his face.

"Thanks for the ride, mi amigo," Alex said to the head sailor, plopping a stack of coins in his hand. "Tell my father, I arrived safely." With a tip of his hat, Alex stepped off the boat and carried his small bag of belongings over his shoulder. The rapier at his side glistened in the sun.

Alex walked leisurely through the port, blue eyes peering through his sunglasses as he took in some of the sights. “That’s an interesting place for just one house...” he thought, seeing the nearby island across the water. “Maybe they don’t like neighbors?”

He hummed a La Rosan tune as he walked, smiling at the women he passed by. “Señorita,” he greeted the woman running the hat booth, tipping his own hat as he walked by.

“Bingo,” he thought once he found the Ashen Wolves Pub. He walked right up to the bar and took a seat on one of the stools. “I’ll have a sarsaparilla.” He slapped some coins on the counter and a bottle of the ordered drink slid over to him. “Gracias.”

Alex twisted the bottle cap off and took a swig. He rotated in his seat so that his back was against the bar and he began to gaze around. “Hmmmm....am I late or early?” He wondered. That’s when he spotted a young lady sitting alone with a captain-like hat on her table.

Alex walked up to her with his drink in tow. “Excuse me, señorita. Are you Cecily, by any chance?” he asked. “My name is Alex Cruz. It’s a pleasure to make your aquantence either way.” He bowed a little and tipped his hat.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock (interacted)
Exanis Exanis Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Last edited:

Wes Barker.jpg
Wesley Barker
He took a stumbling step backwards and steadied himself against the door with his elbow. He struggled to keep hold of his drinking glass with one hand while trying to latch his belts back together with the other. Yesterday he passed out drunk long after twelve; early this morning he woke up in some unfamiliar red-haired girl's bed, then managed to sneak out with all his belongings still safe just to go right back to drinking. If you wanted time to pass, nursing a good daiquiri and chasing every sip with a shot of tequila was great. If you wanted to reliably and steadily walk to the bathroom, it's a terrible idea.

Accidentally making his belt finally clip together, he did a little dance by his lonesome and downed the rest of his beer. With the mildest sense of accomplishment he headed back out into the bar, and it seemed more lively than when he left it. With a lazy posture he closed up on his stool by the bar, happy to see his daiquiri untouched; however very unhappy to see the wall of a man who was occupying his seat.

"Hey, could you move..?" He spoke, slowly and deliberately, like it was hard to get the words out of his mouth. The man didn't react, so he repeated himself and patted the man's shoulder. "Hey, I was sitting there, can I get it ba-" "You looking to start trouble, asshole?" The man suddenly said and spun around to face him. The stranger's face contorted in displeasure when he caught wind of Wes' classy sweat-alcohol-cigarettes-and-women's-perfume fragrance, but Wes stared back at him with a confused look, then continued "Nah, my drink's here and I just wanna-" The man threw out a muscle-bound arm and shoved at Wes' chest, sending him stumbling backwards but catching himself on the bar. "I think you should fuck off then, you drunk." The man raised a bottle to his lips and without really thinking about it put out his cigarette in the closest glass his hand found. In the background the bartender sent worried glances their way.

Wes looked on with disbelief and disappointment as his almost untouched daiquiri was ruined, then took a deep breath. Before he had the chance to react, Wes closed the distance between the two and buried his fist just under the man's rib cage. A weak gasp for air was heard as he involuntarily doubled over, only for his forehead to be met with Wes' knee. His friends looked on in shock as he collapsed onto the floor before the stool, while Wes calmly took his spot and threw his legs up on the unconscious body. Wes reached out with his hand and caught the bottle the man had tossed into the air after suddenly being attacked, then leaned backwards on the bar with his other arm and took a sip.

"Bartender, another Daiquiri, please." He muttered, then leaned his head over to lock eyes with his victim's friends slowly getting out of their seats. "I said I didn't want any trouble." He said dryly. They seemed to consider their situation, before they looked down to their largest companion in a pile across the floorboards. "Ah, to hell with this." One of them whispered before making his way over to start dragging their unconscious friend away, whereupon the others soon joined in. Wes was a little sad to have his foot support go, but he laughed as they bumped into and angered other customers on their way out. Behind him he heard the familiar scraping of glass against wood, and so he grabbed the daiquiri from behind his back whilst tossing the empty bottle over his shoulder. The bartender, at this point used to his antics, expertly caught it. "Thanks a lot, James." Wes said. The bartender started "My name is not James-" but stopped when he realized he wasn't being heard, so instead he just rolled his eyes and moved along.

---

Through the crowd of people Wes vaguely picked out the name 'Cecily' being spoken out loud, and leaned back against the bar again to search for it. Even this daiquiri was halfway gone now, but that didn't seem to stop him. He craned his neck to see where the sound had come from, and eventually his hazy eyes settled on a girl with a feathered hat typical for captains laid out on the table in front of her. She was being joined by some fairly big guy, who not only looked like he was pulled straight out of some cowboy romance novel, but was also drinking straight mixer. Wes furrowed his eyebrows, but slowly made his way off of his chair and started wading through the floor of people towards the table.

He seemed to appear out of nowhere as he squeezed his way past two larger men to reach the table, then he stood there, tired eyes looking between the two people. Then, without a word, he sat down and brought the drink to his mouth again. "Did someone say Cecily? I was wondering if I was early yesterday."

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

f6954e44201bb0ca45685ae4c6f091e1.jpg
Dirk "Mind Vault" Lowell
It was early into the night, two nights ago, when Dirk had set foot onto this island for the first time. It was all but in his blood at this point to be prepared and make sure that he was there before anyone else, lest he find himself in a situation he couldn't get out from. Suffice it to say, Dirk spent the following day scouting out the bar that he was supposed to meet this 'Cecily' person in, the surrounding area, and even an escape route into the docks. He held absolutely no illusion about his so-called safety anywhere he may be, even in a supposed "free harbor" as people liked to call this place. He's heard more than enough horror stories on his travels here to know that all it would take is one pissed off noble and this island could very well be glassed. A suppressed shudder went through his body as unwanted memories threatened to return.

Nevertheless, nothing suspicious, or at least beyond the norm of this place, had been found by him, so Dirk had used the rest of the day, and early into the following morning of the meeting day, to slightly indulge himself. There hadn't been any shops he was interested in, except one hat shop that had caught his attention, but all alas he wore a cloak, and he also couldn't just spend his money nonsensically in the first place, so he finally got to catch up on some much needed reading instead. Finally, seeing that it was two hours before the meeting time, Dirk put on his cloak, pulled up the hood, and slipped out of the room he had bought in the inn. Luckily enough for him, or maybe this was planned by the poster of the ad, the meeting location just so happened to be right next to an in. Dirk stood in front of the pub for a moment, eyes transfixed onto the name, or at least a singular part of it. Ashen. Unbidden, Dirk's fists balled up, but finally he just took a breath and entered into the not-quite-lively but not-quite-dead pub.

Silently striding to the bar, Dirk placed down a few coins and motioned for a mug of whatever happened to be on tap. Nodding once in thanks after receiving his drink, he scanned the room both for a dark, out of the way location to wait in, as well as to see if the person he was supposed to be meeting had arrived early. Confident that, no, the poster of the ad wasn't here yet, he strode to his chosen spot, a dark quiet corner of the pub, and began waiting.

This is how he spent the next two hours, sitting there silently sipping on his mug, eyes drifting between the door of the pub and the patrons sitting around, simply waiting for any clue that might indicate the person he was meeting had arrived. Finally after some time, a young woman with a captain's hat on stepped into the pub, ordered something, and then sat down. Dirk made to get up, but then hesitated. Slowly sinking back down the inch that he had rose, Dirk continued to wait, hoping that there might be someone else answering this summons that might confirm the identity of the woman who his eyes had locked on to. Luckily, soon enough a tall, well built blonde man had stepped up to seemingly introduce himself, and from his distance, he could just barely make out their names, internally relieved that one of them, the girl, is most likely Cecily.

Rising with mug in hand, Dirk started to make his way over to the two, only to pause as he watched a seemingly drunken man that had just caused a bit of a commotion at the bar stumble his way over to the two. Watching anxiously in fear of a fight breaking out and ruining on of his ways off the island, Dirk relaxed ever so slightly when it seemed that the drunk was also just responding to the ad. Gathering his nerves, Dirk finished making his way to the now group of three and, standing close enough for them to be able to hear him clearly but for enough for him to make an easy escape if necessary, made his presence known as well in his usual soft-spoken tone. "Is-um-is, I mean, are you, uh, C-captain Cecily?"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert

Even when she sat down in Ashen Wolves Pub, it was clear to many observers that she wasn’t comfortable and that there likely were very few things that could’ve possibly made her feel comfortable. Cecily’s eyes flickered towards the main door of the bar every single time it opened and whenever anyone mildly drunk smashed something against the table, her eyes were meandering in that direction as well. At all moments so far, Cecily had been prepared to defend herself and nothing would lead the young woman in the direction of dropping that carefully constructed awareness of her surroundings.

Not even the approach of a rather large blonde who despite his size seemed friendly enough. Her eyes shifted swiftly to Alex once he spoke and she started nodding before he’d even finished talking. “Cece,” she corrected him when he used her full name. Killian had always called her Cecily and she now didn’t think she could ever trust anyone who called her by her full name.

Briefly, Cecily searched through her memory for information she’d received about Alex before inviting him to this little meeting. Ah… yes. He was going to be her navigator. He knew maps and stuff. Cecily knew her way around a map, too, but she knew that the captain was supposed to be more focused on other things. What other things she wasn’t sure, but she knew she would figure it out in time.

Before she could say anything further to Alex, another individual walked over and her mind almost immediately flipped to the mental file she had on Wes because she knew this was him. His semi-drunkenness while still catching the bits of information that he needed to matched no other profile that she had reviewed. Initially, she hadn’t thought it would be too much of a problem, but seeing him now led her to potentially reconsider that. Could this guy really keep a ship in one piece or would he just wind up breaking it to pieces even faster than the waves of the sea did? There was a subtle aura of power to him, though, that made Cecily inclined to trust her initial instincts. However, that didn’t prevent her from her next action which was waving down a bartender. “Excuse me sir,” she called out before gesturing to Wes. “Can you get this man a pint, but instead of ale, make it water, please?” If they were actually going to be getting a ship anytime soon, Cecily wasn’t going to have it coated in vomit right away.

The bartender nodded and headed off to fetch Wes some water while Cecily turned to address the third male who’d approached her. Normally she wouldn’t be one for being so ok with being approached by so many men at once, but she had come expecting it this time around because hopefully they would help build her crew. Immediately upon gazing at Dirk, her eyes absolutely lit up. There was something special about this one. He was one of the individuals she would’ve told Killian to recruit in a heartbeat if they’d met him back when she’d been… when she’d been… in not the best of times. When she’d been being used. Shoving those thoughts aside, though, Cecily nodded at his question.

“Call me Cece,” she said again. Waving her arms in a grander gesture, Cecily invited all three of them to sit with her at the table which seemed as though it would comfortably fit six, but maybe manage to squeeze in eight if needed. “Everyone take a seat. As already stated, I am Cece. I’m no captain yet because a captain needs a ship and a crew. I think we’re working on the crew part and after that we’ll work on the ship part. Everyone meet Alex. He’s gonna be our navigator. Wes is our shipwright… hopefully. And this,” she turned to Dirk, “is the one person whose name isn’t coming to me. I’m certain you’re on my list, but with so many applications having come in, keeping names straight is difficult even though I only replied to a few.” The invitation for Dirk to introduce himself was obvious.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis

Dirk "Mind Vault" Lowell
Dirk cringed, visibly tensing underneath the large hood. Of course he'd be the one to be forgotten, why wouldn't he? A small, dark part of him whispered that maybe she had done it on purpose in hopes of him slipping up about his curse, but he dismissed the notion. No one, barring no one that was alive knew his secret and he would keep it that way. Taking a deep, shaky breath, Dirk looked from Cece to the newly named Alex and Wes, and then moved closer to the table, pulling out a chair and taking a seat, setting his mug on the table as he did so. Once he made himself as comfortable as he could in this situation, he reached up and pulled down his hood, revealing his shining blue eyes, dark hair, and relatively soft features.

With a soft exhale, he once again spoke, "I-I'm Dirk, Dirk L-lowell, and I uh... I have a pretty good memory... As in I-I, uh, don't forget anything... Ever." As he says this a haunted look flickers through his eyes for no more than half a second. "I'm here t-to be the record keeper, I g-guess? I u-usually tend to the f-financials and b-books on merchant v-vessels, so I guess there's t-that." With that Dirk releases another quick huff of a breath, and glances between the three other figures around the table, internally hoping that his introduction was good enough so he could get out of here soon. That hope in mind, Dirk picked his mug back up and began to once more sip on in, slightly curling in on himself while seemingly trying to use the mug to hide his face, though his body was tense, as if he were ready to spring at any moment, and his eyes were sharp, travelling from the faces of the group he was with, to the surroundings, and back every few seconds.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Wes Barker.jpg
Wesley Barker
And then there were four. Some guy with an aversion for light and a speech impediment closed up on the table and stuttered out something implying that he was also here for the crew. He'd noticed this fellow before, he had been in the bar for a while; long enough to see at least one of his daily scraps. This was looking like a worse deal by the minute. Complete sausage fest, not to mention they all seemed socially maladjusted in one or several ways. The would-be captain had made an ad of all things to recruit them, if they weren't going to be ambushed and robbed on the way out of this place he'd have to thank his lucky stars.

But he was desperate. Too many close calls with the navy, too many dangerous bounty hunting missions, too many enemies. The last place the navy would think to look would be aboard a pirate ship, and to be honest he really wanted to work with wood again.

He hardly caught what Cecily said to the passing waiter, but raised one of his furrowed eyebrows at the comment. He'd let it slip, this once, but who was she to refuse him his drinks on one of his days off? Well, suppose she saw it otherwise. They were being recruited after all. Wes sighed, and leaned on the table with his elbows. The mug came along, and without really offering it a second thought he splashed the rest of his drink into it and downed all of it before slamming the mug back down and letting out a strained breath.

"Then I hope ye don't write as choppily as ye talk." He muttered when Dirk introduced himself. Then he pointed his finger to Cecily, "You can keep that 'hopefully' crap to yerself. I'm the best damn ship wright on this island - no, in paradise - even if I was blacked out an' one-armed." His words were harsh, but he sounded completely confident. Then his heavy eyelids nearly closed and he hunched over the table. Pathetically he reached out and grabbed at the shirt of a passing waiter without looking. The waiter looked down at him, about to object when Wes just hissed out "Food, anything, quick. I'll pay double." and let go. His arm hanged lifelessly at his side while he used the other to rest his forehead on the table, as the waiter shrugged and head for the kitchen.

"I don't s'pose ye'll want me to get all sober now, too?"

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis

Alex Cruz
Guilty Gear Johnny.jpg"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Alex said as he took a seat at the table. He occasionally took sips from his sarsaparilla bottle as he listened to the chatter. "How many people are you expecting, jefe?" he asked, immediately calling Cece boss in his tongue. "Today's weather is perfect for sailing; It would be a shame to miss it. We won't know until tomorrow if the current weather prediction is correct, though in my experience, they usually aren't. Mother Nature is a very unpredictable senorita, but as long as I'm listening to her, I should be able to give a little heads up before a sudden storm."

Alex suddenly posed, using two fingers to make a V-shape and pressing them against his sunglasses. "Weather, beasts, nor ruffians will be a problem for the Black Rose." He grinned.

"I don't s'pose ye'll want me to get all sober now, too?"

Blue eyes peered under his sunglasses as he suddenly shifted his attention to the shipwright. Alex had been so wrapped up in the whole treasure adventure thing that he wasn't keeping a close eye on his surroundings like Cece had been, but even he couldn't be oblivious to how Wes downed his liquor. It was almost like he never had been sober in his life.

"What's wrong with being sober, compadre?" he asked, giving Wes a pat on the back that was too enthusiastic. "It's a lot easier rescuing senoritas, or doing anything for that matter, when you're not tripping over yourself." With that said, he took another swig of sarsaparilla.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Exanis Exanis

Last edited:

Penelope Santos
[Location: Pub / Mentions: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Exanis Exanis / Interaction: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ]

fae4b24573ea161b2e8b388afa9ae522.jpg On the docking bay, an elderly merchant had injured their arm while miscarrying a crate, dropping a prefect batch of produce of freshly, roped apples. Three of his larger employees had cried in alarm, scolding their boss for trying to do too much. Luckily, Penelope was around to help the group in distress as she wandered aimlessly for her destination. She checks her pocket watch for the time thinking to herself "I'm sure the captain will understand and wait, right?" Nodding to herself, the masked doctor rushes over to the ship with cane in hand and a messenger bag hidden under her black trench coat. She knees down baffling the merchants for her strange appearance. Before they could answer she said, "Don't worry I'm a doctor." They weren't sure whether or not to believe, but the boss has seen weirder things making it easy to accept. "It seems you bruised your arm, old timer. It's inflamed, but it will go away with rest and home treatment." She ruffles through her bag for some ointment as glass bottles 'clink' through her search.

A circular, silver container is pulled out with green slime causing the look of disgust on the group's face as she rubbed the ointment on the bruised arm.
"This is Salve and Cannabis ointment with a few other ingredients. This will soothe the pain and applied twice a day in the morning and evening with rest should do the trick." The elderly man sighs in relief. "That feels so nice~" The broader men smile bright, content their boss is alright. "Thank you so much doc. We keep telling him not to overdue himself, but he won't listen."

"I'll stop when I drop!" The old man huffed as Penny preoccupied herself with wrapping the arm in gauze. "That might be soon if you don't listen to your henchmen. They still need you to lead and it would be a waste because you were stubborn." She chuckled. The old man hummed reluctantly agreeing as he strokes his beard. "I suppose you're right. They can't even manage my business without me around." The boys nod in agreement, thankful some sense was knocked into him, even in a dark, blunt way. "I don't have any money at the moment, I came here to sell some of my-" Penny picked up an apple and wiped the dirt off with a handkerchief. "This will do. Remember to take it easy." She waved back as she stepped off the ship, but halts mid-way. "Eh, perhaps you can assist me? Where exactly is Ashen Wolves Pub?"

For the longest since her arrival moments ago, Penny has walked up and down in search of the meeting ground. She would get distracted, helping people here and there, but finally with the courteous instructions from her patients, Penelope found herself at the foot of the entrance of the pub. As she stares at the sign, she tips her hat with the beak of her cane. "Whelp, adventure here we go. I hope they are open for negotiation." Not a second later did she enter to find it swarmed in pirates. All of them terrifying. It did not faze her given her position as a revolutionary, accustomed to all shapes and forms of masks everyone wears. Her's being vividly clear and physical if they even had a brain. The beauty trudged forward searching for a woman that would soon be her captain. Some of the ladies were harlots under a man's arm, degrading themselves and praising them for a piece of gold they could snatch. 'Disgusting' She growled to herself. She shakes away the memories of her slavery days and walks up to every booth asking for in code of the letter she has applied for. The last booth in aside from the dark corner is next as she asked with a thick, Spanish accent as her eyes quickly stare at the faces. A broad brute in gold locks, a depressed looking fellow, cloaked person, a man of taste she can see, and a blonde with a pirate hat. "Pardon the intrusion, I'm looking for a young traveler that will set sail and embark on a dangerous journey to good fortune."

Last edited:
Théo Belyea
A6749286-71EF-4FA3-8D33-6BB464F22409.jpeg
Location: In his house before leaving to the Ashen Wolves Pub
Interaction: Preparing for the journey in his house, before leaving and playing on his lute when walking to the Ashen Wolves pub

This was the day, the day that he starts his journey for great fame, the person thought as an red gloved hand grabbed a satchel hanging on a hook near the door, settling it somewhere on a table and opening it, putting a small journal inside, the shadow of the figure turning to look at something, and after a few seconds, the shadow walked away as the sounds of searching for something can be heard, before the shadow returned and a red gloved hand holding a Silver engraved flintlock pistol, it going inside the satchel before leaving without the Silver engraved pistol it held as a pair of hands closed the satchel. The person had one more thing to do before leaving, as he went to his closet in another room, opening it and looking around a bit before taking out the only thing that gives him a sense of acceptance in the world outside, a white mask with four red markings as he slowly turned it around and began to put it on his face.

Outside of the Ashen Wolves pub after a few minutes, some sort of string like instrument can be heard, the sound getting louder and louder, seeming like it was heading for the Pub itself. And that was true..... for after a few seconds of it being heard, the door to the pub had been kicked open, and what entered would be the strangest sight if you were not from this island a couple of years ago. for a Short and frail looking masked man came in with strange clothing, clothing that Jesters usually wear, while playing a lute. On his hip was a belt that held two holsters, the one on his left holding a sort of knife while the one on the right held a sickle, and there was a small satchel on his left side that held something inside but there is no way to know what it truly was unless opened.

The man came in humming along with playing his lute while walking around in the pub, seemingly looking like he was performing but he was also looking for the captain he saw on the advertisement on the newspaper that he read. Before settling his eyes on a table with a young blond woman with a captain’s hat, a young man in a cloak, a guy in all black clothing, and finally a guy with spiky hair, there was also someone else entering but he mostly ignored them. He knew for a fact that this was the crew he was gonna be working with, for the recognize the lady as the same one at the advertisement and the one who responded back to his application, which he believed her name was ‘Cecily’, as he stopped playing his lute and made his way towards the table, the bells on his hat ringing with each step he made, before finally reaching the table as he lay the lute against the table and grabbed one of the seats and said “Greetings Monsieur’s and madam, I am Théo Belyea, I believe you received and accepted my application....” he said while looking at ‘Cecily’ before moving the seat back as he sat down on the chair, waiting for an response. On the inside however, he was not sure if the people here were too trusting of him.... since the fact that they still have yet to see his face yet and one in the group might try to ask about it, hoping that none of them would even mention it as he sat on the chair, picking up the lute from the side of him and began strumming it, making a small but pleasant sound as he slowly strummed the strings of it.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Exanis Exanis shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Pumpkid Pumpkid

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert

Cecily listened politely and attentive as Dirk introduced himself to the team that was slowly gathering around them; she found herself nodding as he spoke, too. The details of who he was came back to her as he said them and she tried to make sure they were things she wouldn’t forget anytime soon. Though she hadn’t ever placed herself in a role of ‘Captain’ before, Cecily knew that she wanted to be the kind of captain who knew her crewmates well, who knew which ones would have her back and which ones would require more supervision.

Actually, Cecily already had one name on her mental list of people to watch and that one spot belonged to Wes. Her eyes settled on him sharply as he commented on the position Dirk would be filling and on the stutter the man spoke with. “His writing is pristine,” she assured Wes. She would know. She’d reviewed his application, after all.

Then Wes asked if he would be expected to go sober. Cecily listened to Alex’s input on the issue, but was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Though her former crew had only been gone for a little while now, she’d forgotten how much she missed all the banter that could fill in the time without any effort required. However, she knew that the banter could go on forever without a captain to intervene and she was still trying to figure out how to do some of those things. For now, though, Cecily could go along with it. “No, you won’t have to go sober. I just don’t need vomit to be the first thing that hits the deck of my new ship.” She fully accepted that someone was going to throw up on her ship sooner or later, but she wasn’t ready to deal with that just yet. Hopefully, that was a satisfying answer for Wes to deal with and if it wasn't’, then he would have to deal with it anyway because that was all Cecily had to say in regards to the situation.

Her attention shifted once more as several more individuals joined them at the table.

The first wore a mask that immediately had Cecily on edge. Any calmness that had begun to wash over her as she enjoyed the banter between her first few crewmates was now gone and replaced with harsh suspicion that almost made it seem as though she would be drawing her pistol in a second if anyone gave her the wrong answer to the questions that were going to be coming out of her mouth. “The details I would normally reply with depend highly on what the faces behind those masks you two are wearing look like,” she said, her tone absolutely flat. “Faces I can’t see could very well be faces that would destroy this venture before it could even begin, as there are probably more than a few in this miserable world who would be glad to see us never make it to the seas.”

She tried to take a deep breath, but it didn’t work quite as well as she would’ve hoped it would’ve. She tried to process the facts of the individuals presenting themselves as members of the crew. Theo was one of the names on applications she’d accepted, though she had imagined him having a human face instead of a mask. That was something positive she could work with. And the other individual, a woman from the sound of her voice, wore the mask of a doctor. At least, it was similar to the style of mask she’d seen many other doctors wore. Chances were that these two were just people responding as she’d requested and not marines working for Killian… but Cecily’s fear wasn’t entirely gone.

Though it wasn’t intentional, her little change in demeanor and her flat words had revealed one little detail to the crew. It had revealed that Cecily already had enemies. She hadn’t been intending to let that get out, but it was too late now.

Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Penelope Santos
[Location: Pub / Mentions: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 / Interactions: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ]
fae4b24573ea161b2e8b388afa9ae522.jpg Penny had not realized a jester had popped next to her with the damn near same mask as hers. She respected another person with taste, no doubt. Back to the subject at hand, the blonde's posture, tone and deadly gaze was new answer. Out of everyone in the booth, this woman did not say no, nor did she give a definitive response. The subtle hints are enough to confirm her suspicions, but at the cost of triggering the dame's. Penny could speak her mind, but this was a good chance not to and see where this leads by playing along to the game. It took a good long minute to observe, and carefully reply.

"Unfortunately, I cannot remove my mask in public for I have a reputation to obtain." Not the right reply, but she managed to add more in hopes of redeeming herself and prove her identity. She gave a noble bow with one foot crossed by the other, a hand to chest and the other hand behind her. "They call me, Black Nightshade. At your service. I'm sure you may have heard of me, I made a name for myself to bring hope into people's lives. My name of course comes with a bounty." An idea popped up. She fumbled through her bag and pulled out a letter Cece had written to her. She pulls out a pen and writes her alias signature and hands it to Cece.

"This is your letter to me, underneath is my handwriting. If you have the letter you can compare it. I mean you no harm. Should you hold me captive and kill me is fine with me. I only wish to join under a condition. You may test me out to see if I suit your needs as a doctor, all I ask in return is a favor. That favor is to help me hunt down a target. A man who took everything from me." Her fist balled tightly making her gloves squeak. It was evident she was after revenge on a man similar to Cece. If Cece did not trust was fine with her. She had nothing to lose, and the one thing driving her is revenge.

Last edited:
Alex Cruz
Guilty Gear Johnny.jpgWhatever reaction his banter could draw out of Wes, Alex was no longer paying attention to it; it had been stolen by a woman's Spanish accent. The woman wore a plague doctor's mask, but mask or no mask, a woman was still a woman. His eyes smiled at her from beneath his sunglasses. Hearing her accent made him think of home and he wondered if she was from La Rosa too, or at the very least a sister island; it was a fun coincidence.

He was about to ask where she was from, but the captain spoke first. Reading the room, she seemed tenser than before. Everyone has their enemies; gazing at the two masked people, he could understand her suspicions. He wasn't sure what the jester's angle was, but as far as the doctor was concerned, she was a senorita, and senoritas always had his benefit of a doubt. Now he was glad that he didn't ask the question that had been on his mind.

"Jefe, I can vouch for the doctor. My father runs the port back home and once told me about an incident where one crew of traders were injured at sea after a bad storm. As luck would have it, they crossed paths with a doctor in black wearing a bird mask, a senorita. She helped them and then went on her way." He stood up and bowed toward Black Nightshade; one hand palm up, reaching toward her. "I wasn't on that crew, but I thank you again for helping, doctor."

It was all a white lie, but it seemed very plausible to him. His voice and face looked genuine as he went through his performance. The real question was would the doctor play along? Or would Cece see through it?

"In the end, I know it's your call, jefe. But it's going to be difficult finding another doctor of her caliber, especially if we want to sail out within the next few days," he added, still standing.

Interacted: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pumpkid Pumpkid
Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Exanis Exanis Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Wes Barker.jpg
Wesley Barker
"UGH"
Wes groaned as he had his chest pressed into the end of the table by a pat on the back from Alex. He coughed to clear his throat of any foam that rose from his stomach as a result, then sent a glare to the large man. "D'ya often lay yer hands on unsuspecting strangers?" He moaned and sat up straight, rubbing the center of his chest.

The conversation had flowed without him, and he didn't really mind. Rather, he was paying attention to the waiter coming back his way with a very appetizing rib eye steak. With no care for his behavior he pulled a handful of crumbled up bills from out of his pocket and shoved into the waiter's pocket and grabbed the meal out of his hands. In his periphery he picked up on all the people gathering around the table, but he didn't care too much. "Ah that's fucking good." He thought aloud, eating the meat directly off the bone with his hands.

Then he noticed the newcomers properly. "Wow, din't know we were at a masquerade!" He laughed, and turned to the one with the more pleasing feminine voice while still licking grease of his fingers. "So, what's with - damn, this is a good steak - what's with the gimp suit?" He seemed to be enjoying himself with the comments, and stifled laughter as he continued "Sorry, that joke mighta been too on the nose. Geddit? Because of the beak. Hahaha!" He shook his head, tore off another large bite of meat with his teeth and kept talking as he chewed. This time he looked towards his would-be captain and noted how bothered she seemed to be with the newcomers. "What, ye didn't get enough info out of their applications?..." He kind of trailed off as he tried to think back to his own application. Couldn't really recall ever writing it, but he had a strange picture in the back of his head.
wes application.png
He shook his head. No way.

But on her hint of suspicion and his sudden clarity of thought after a glass of water and a good meal, he placed down the now bare bone. He just wiped his hands off on his pants, then got up from his chair and leaned his hands against the pommels of his swords. "Well there's a point to made there, innit?" He added. "Ye posted it in the news, anyone of ye could be navy spies. Most of all yerself, cap'n." More serious now, he didn't even wobble when he stood and stared at her. He didn't actually think anyone of them were. Every marine this side of the seas would be eyeing his swords, looking to cash in on the massive bounty for them. They hadn't even offered a passing glance.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Penelope Santos
[Location: Pub / Mentions: Exanis Exanis / Interactions: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ]
fae4b24573ea161b2e8b388afa9ae522.jpg "Jefe, I can vouch for the doctor."
The man in shades spoke up, defending Penelope as he told his story. In retrospect, she actually did assist a few men in an unfortunate situation. Though, she had no idea that the gentleman was merely bluffing to save her skin. He thanked her, and under her mask, she smiled as she nodded. "I remember that day. You're welcome. I was doing my job. No wounded man will be left unattended under my watch and yes, I'm the best damn doctor you will ever have the pleasure of meeting."

Another fellow intervened, but this one was just a plain douche. He had no sense of mannerism compared to everyone else. Though she had to admit he was attractive in his own way. Everyone at the table seemed appealing to her, including the blonde beauty. Should she travel with these folks would be interesting. A chance to observe each individual from their strengths and weaknesses. That being said, she would have to do examinations immediately on the ship to keep track of their record from allergies to normalcy. Penny's attention is drawn back to the spiky-haired male. He had insulted her uniform as a 'gimp suit'. It was a unique costume tributed to her mentor. She had half a mind to knock him out had he not apologized. "It's not a gimp suit." She answered. "Though I don't mind that." She mumbled under her breath ignoring anything else he had to say. She has no time for banter if the captain did not accept her. The fool of a man mentioned the Navy. Her blood boiled. "Marines? I do not associate with rats like them. They're nothing but a contradiction. Heroes my ass. Anyone who is a marine is just simpleminded and selfish. Pirates seem to be decent compared to those swine."

Théo Belyea
CA25C24E-A90F-451B-A634-9A7C5D2DD4B1.jpeg
Interaction: Talking to the Cecile, the captain

As soon he heard those words from the captain, everything started going downhill inside his mind. He began thinking of ideas quickly in his panicked mind to find a way to salvage this situation. He then remembered he had brought the letter given to him which showed where the meeting was gonna take place. So he went to open his bag, and after a few seconds of rummaging, he took out the letter and placed it on the table. He then said out loud
“If you’re still not too trusting of me, I have the letter you gave me which told me to come here.” as he also listened to the other conversations of the people on the table.

He especially took notice about the rude man who began speaking about how the newspaper may have brought some ‘marine’ spies here. He responded by saying
“While I understand your fear that one of us here may be a Marine spy. I am not trying to cause any kind of trouble here. And I am not planning on trying to call the marines on you either since I despise them as much as you guys.” he said before thinking of something.

He just quickly disregarded what he just thought of and went back to playing his lute, humming along with the tune. He made sure to focus enough that he could hear anything else he would consider important. Inside his head however, he just hoped that they would accept him into their crew.

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert

The thought of working with people who always wore masks still did not sit well with Cecily despite the explanations they gave for things. She had nothing wrong with the concept of a mask. She had never before minded if anyone around her wore a mask. They had their benefits, after all. However, there was a fear that had played out in Cecily’s mind the moment they’d approached and made it clear they were intending on joining her crew and she couldn’t shake it out of her mind. A tremor ran down her spine and for a moment, it looked like the young soon-to-be captain might be going slightly insane. It looked like she thought there were bugs crawling all over her and she was trying to shake them off with little to no success.

In her mind, playing on repeat, was a video of either of the two newcomers taking off their mask only to reveal the face of Killian. And it was a vision that would forever now remain in her nightmares.

However, the doctor did voice some logic. Logic was helpful when dealing with nightmares, fears and terrors of the world. Cecily had learned that after her first fight with her former crew… or rather, the first fight that she had observed because at the time she’d been too young and inexperienced to really fight anyone without causing trouble for everyone around her. Logic truly saved many things. Scooting into the table slightly, Cecily still hadn’t snapped out of her daytime nightmare, but she was aware enough to look at the letter and follow the doctor’s train of thought. She didn’t even need to pull out any letters to recognize the handwriting. It most certainly wasn’t Killian’s and that had been her primary fear. Cecily found herself nodding softly.

“Trust needs to be earned… for everyone,” she added, glancing towards the others who hadn’t gotten her nearly as anxious upon their approaches. “Everyone needs to understand that here and now before we continue.” Then she addressed Black Nightshade directly. “As for your personal vendettas, I’m not against helping with them, but that’s not what we’re setting sail to do and I think I made our goal very clear in my initial advertisement. We’re heading up the Grand Line and anything we run into along the way is fair game to address as a crew. As a team.” If there was one thing Cecily understood about achieving a functioning crew, it was that teamwork was essential to everything.

Anxiety and shivers still tugged at her every nerve, and Cecily’s hands pushed up on the table as she rose abruptly to her feet. “It’s time we got moving,” she announced rather swiftly. “I won’t know if any of you are actually worth the cost to keep you around until I get you all on a ship, after all, and anyone who hasn’t showed up yet can find us on the way or find their own way through the seas. This is enough of a crew for me.” Quick hands that were becoming more steady scooped up her newly purchased hat and Cecily placed it onto her head with pride.

‘I wonder what my mother would think of me now,’ the thought ran through her mind. ‘A true pirate…’

Cecily promptly started leading the way out of Ashen Wolves Pub. “As I’ve previously mentioned to some, y’all may call me Cece. As I’ve also mentioned, I don’t have a ship so we will need to acquire one before we can truly begin our journey. Unless any of you has a large sum of beli that y’er willing to spend, this will demand an act of piracy… our first one as a crew. Does anyone have any problems with this, because if you do, you should leave now.”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze MrBrown MrBrown Meredith Meredith

6e2ac1ba1dbd8288ffa3bdb9e8a49e82d10a86bd_00.jpg
"Oh come on, I can pay for them later!" Mina exclaimed as she dug her sandals on the wooden floor as the library clerk pushed her, the woman's hand firmly planted on Mina's back. "I promise I'll get you the money tomorrow." The mermaid continued.

Mina wasn't trying to fight back the woman pushing her out of the library that also functioned as a bookstore. The woman was past her prime and there was no doubt Mina could take her easily.
"No money, no books." The woman said for what must have been the hundredth time. "I can't just hand out books for free, I'm running a business here! Come back with money and we'll talk!"

Just as the woman finished pushing Mina past the doorway to the library the door slammed shut behind her, multiple locks being heard from the other side. Mina turned around to see the woman through the glass on the doors turn the sign that said "Open" to "Close". She couldn't be sure but she thought the woman had a cocky smirk on her face before walking back into the store.

'Why the hell are you closing your shop, you old hag?' She thought annoyed. Mina took a deep sigh and let her shoulders fall as she started making her way aimlessly. She honestly didn't know what the big deal was, her word should have been enough for the woman right? Besides, it's not like more people were coming into the shop. All the time Mina had been inside she hadn't seen a single customer besides her. She would be doing the woman a favor. Plus, the books she wanted were so dusty she knew it had been years since someone even grabbed them.

With her mind focused on the books, an amazing edition of three volumes labeled "The History of the West", Mina found herself walking past many shops and civilians, ignoring them and going about her business. Then, like lightning, it hit her! She had come to this island to meet up with a captain looking for new members for their crew.

The mermaid dashed like the wind, searching for the correct pub. She knew it started with something like "ash" but nothing else was coming to mind. She was far too enamored with the books from before for her mind to work properly. Thankfully, a sign that said "Ashen Wolves Pub" caught her eye just as she ran past it, making her slide into a halt, almost knocking over an old man minding his own business.

Before the man could even attempt to protest and berate Mina, she was already gone, heading closer to the pub's entrance.
'This is it! My first step in exploring the world and learn its history. Are you watching? Mom? Dad?' A huge smile danced on Mina's lips as she pushed open the door. She hoped she wasn't too late.

Dirk "Mind Vault" Lowell
Dirk jolted ever so slightly when Wes slammed his mug onto the table, but the moment Wes opened his mouth in return to Dirk's introduction, Dirk felt a twinge of... Something... Jolt through him, but he pushed down the foreign feeling back down to wherever it came from, partially in thanks to Cece's backing of his writing, and shifted his focus onto Alex who decided to extol the virtues of being sober to what Dirk could clearly tell is a habitual, constant, unceasing drunkard with all the downsides that came with that territory. Cece apparently didn't think sobriety was a necessity with Wes, which Dirk supposed spoke of however much faith she had towards Wes' capabilities. Nonetheless, as Dirk continued to silently watch the unfolding situation, his eyes were near immediately drawn to the entrance of the pub where two masked figures entered near simultaneously, though it was apparent that they hadn't purposely come or entered together. Dirk had an inkling that these new strange figures may be potential crew members, a feeling that was almost instantly verified when both of them began making their way towards the table where they were all sitting. He continued his silent vigil as the two masked members proceeded to introduce themselves.

As he turned to look at Cece after the new introductions, he was struck by the subtly tense look that was on her face that differed from the previous expression she held when interacting with the three of them that were there previously. As he listened to her speak to the two potential new members Dirk understood one thing right off the bat, and that was Cece seemed to have just ask many demons in her closet and enemies hiding in the shadows as he did, and if he were to be honest he had the feeling that she had more waiting for her than him. Still, he more than anyone else understood the value of secrets, and it wasn't like he was going to give up on his ride further into the Grand Line, at least not this early on. As he continued listening, there was apparently some connection between this masked doctor and Alex, something that he found himself a bit skeptical of, but accepted it nonetheless. Wes continued with his interjections, Theo and the doctor further attempted to explain themselves and inspire trust in them, and then finally Cece spoke up once again. Dirk did appreciate the little speech she gave on working together, and how trust has to be earned, but at the same time he didn't see that happening anytime soon, at least based on the interactions this potential crew already had with each other. Neither did he think he would be sticking around long enough to even think of divulging some of his secrets, nevermind his biggest secret.

Seeing that Cece had stood up to begin leaving the pub, Dirk allowed himself to slowly uncurl from his defensive position, and quickly pulled his hood back up. He didn't really expect that he'd commit his first overt act of piracy this soon, but he was aware of what he quite literally signed up for when coming to join this crew. He could only hope that the others would shine brighter than him so he would keep the attention off of himself. With that thought in mind he quickly fell in line with Cece, and if anyone paid any attention to him they'd have noticed that he didn't make a single sound throughout this whole ordeal.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 MrBrown MrBrown

Alex Cruz
Guilty Gear Johnny.jpgWell...that was easy. Cece didn't even question his story, or even bring it up for that matter; whatever that meant. At least the doctor played along.

He stayed standing during Cece's speech. His eyes gleaming under his shades as he thought about the adventure that was about to unfold. The legend of the Black Rose, vigilantly pirate, and navigator of the...Cece's Pirates? What where they going to call themselves anyway? He shrugged at his own thought. "Ship first, then a name."

He gave the doctor an 'after you' hand gesture and waited before following Cece. He was heading toward the exit when the door opened in front of them. Someone was entering, a blonde with a big rack. He tilted his hat so that the shadow covered his reddening face. Thank God he was also wearing shades. He wasn't a pervert and was ashamed that he noticed her chest region first, but the way she was dressed made it hard not too.

"Excuse me, senorita," he said, now that he had collected himself. He thumbed his hat back to its original position. "If you're here about jefe...Cece's ad, you're just in time for the test run. We were about to head out."

Interacted: Pumpkid Pumpkid MrBrown MrBrown
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Last edited:
Théo Belyea

CA25C24E-A90F-451B-A634-9A7C5D2DD4B1.jpeg

Interaction: Preparing to leave the Pub with crew mates

He stopped playing his lute when he heard those words from the captain. He just smiled underneath his mask, finally having a chance to be accepted by others who are not his family. He then said out loud “Wonderful.... now that we have gotten much more acquainted with each other’s appearances, I believe we can hopefully work together as a loyal team in the future.”. He then got off his chair and put his lute’s strap on, finished with playing music. Hearing what the captain said about not having a ship and, unless someone had the money for it, they had to steal one. He looked at the captain and said “I do not have any problem with this. After all, why would I try to join this crew without expecting some sort of thievery or piracy taking place.” .

He then went to follow the captain, taking out his knife with his right hand, before tracing his left against the sides of the blade. He knew this was the correct way to check the sharpness of a knife, because running your fingers along the blades edges are just asking for your fate to be sliced on the finger. While thinking in his head about how to check a knife properly, he did not notice where he was heading and went near the door as it began to open. His ‘face’ almost slammed by the door as he jumped back in surprise, dropping his dirk knife.

He yelled out in French
“Qu'est-ce que c'est que cette merde ...! J'ai presque perdu mon masque par une porte sanglante!” (English translation: What the fuck.....! I almost got my mask ruined by a bloody door!). His heart was racing due to the little ‘surprise’ he did not see earlier, as he went to check who was the one who opened it. It was some sort of woman, probably another one who wanted to join the crew. He just sigh as he bent down to the floor and picked up his knife again, before putting it back into its sheath. He then faced the woman and said “I need to keep a better eye on my environment and not distract myself while walking. So.... I guess your also here to join the crew.?” . His heart began to calm down as, already over the incident, as he waited for the woman to respond. He also heard the other man in the shades and the hat also speak to the woman, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pumpkid Pumpkid MrBrown MrBrown Exanis Exanis Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert

Although Cecily wasn’t standing in the way of the door when it opened, she was aware of the effects it had when it made its wide arc through the room. Though it would’ve been polite to address the woman standing in the doorway right away, there was something else concerning that Cecily’s head turned to address.

Her eyes focused intensely on Theo and on the knife he’d dropped so callously on the floor. A deep huff of breath escaped her before she reigned in her expression and stated through gritted teeth, “As a members of my crew, I expect to see the decency of not playing with weapons as though they’re toys while we’re walking through obvious civilian areas.” Though the words were meant for everyone to hear because she expected her orders to be followed, it was very obvious that this specific warning was being issued directly at the crew’s new musician. If looks could kill, Cecily’s would’ve done just that. Already she had enough reasons to distrust the guy, but she knew her goals would require all the help she could get so she was trying not to do anything rash this quickly in the game.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Cecily tucked some of her blonde locks back behind her ears as her attention turned to the woman she was now standing in front of.

“Sorry about that. Would you by any chance be Jules or Mina? I thought it best to get moving sooner rather than later because our large crowd could quickly start to draw unwanted attention, but at the same time, I’m glad you made it. There are a few too many male hormones in this group right now.” Cecily knew that she would undoubtedly enjoy some female companionship and although Black Nightshade was indeed female, Cecily wasn’t sure someone who insisted upon wearing a mask at all times was the type of female companionship she had in mind.

Interacted With: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 MrBrown MrBrown

In the Area Of: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Pumpkid Pumpkid Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

s7KB4EWIiJyYNtcEy0Yit5lyGPprph2HO40EzgZFC8Df1nf8-nulxgy2wln5eHFPbSFw9_61YiecyN8pzDoW9oVGv4MkgH4Gm-BSfJQ9WiSy-8r7S_QFZBw5m4LxlWa9x_j4lyBW

Jules Martin Location: Outside of the Bar | Interactions: Cece Lady Warlock Lady Warlock , The Crew Assorted

"I won't tell you again. Shift's over, I'm done, and you can't act surprised about it. I was very clear about receiving a job offer almost two full weeks ago and it's not my fault you didn't look for a replacement."

Her eyes met the man's, and they stood like that for a moment. The chef squared her shoulders and raised a hand to her chest. She grabbed the apron's collar and tugged upwards, suddenly violent, fabric cascading over her head. The canvas crumpled, knitting around her similarly white knuckles, as shelowered the arm to her side. Her gaze persisted, but his faltered, neck rolling to briefly cast his gaze to the floor. A quiet tch echoed through the room.

"I don't understand," he snapped, irritation clouding his voice, "we have a good thing going here. I make bank, you make bank, my father makes bank. We go out on the weekends, we talk about starting a life together. Is there a problem with that?" His back was arching, both literally and figuratively; this was defensive and something she was absolutely not willing to deal with.

"There's a fundamental problem with that!"

He stared at her. She let out a soft huff. "This was never supposed to be long-term. You didn't engage with my opinions on that from the very beginning, and I'm not going to allow you to live inside this fantasy any longer. I'm going to go catch that ship, Jasper."

The woman turned away, dropped the apron, and stooped to shoulder her bag. Jasper did not stop her. She made her way up the road - towards the shipyard - and nodded to herself. The group was moving.

Jules was sure her face was flushed. She'd gotten quite heated, and dabbed at her eyes with her sleeve, but didn't allow tears to fall. She seemed to be joining the group along with some stragglers. She raised a hand, before a thought seemed to occur to her, and she dipped into a mock curtsy. It was hard to make it look legitimate without a skirt or dress. "
I would be Jules, actually. Julietta Martin. I was held up a bit with my, uh-" a long, awkward pause. "...former employer."

A forced smile as she examined the group. "I believe some of you have already tried my cooking. I just got off shift."

Last edited:

Penelope Santos
fae4b24573ea161b2e8b388afa9ae522.jpg
Penny was relieved the moment Cece believed her story, however, didn't totally agree on helping her search on her target. She convinced the girl so far with help, what was the harm in going along? She mentioned trust being an important part of their trip. There was no denying the fact. The doctor nods in agreement to Cece's conditions as she lead the recruits towards the exit.
Before following the crew, the kind man whom lended a hand insisted she goes she went first. Penny smiled behind her mask and thanked him with the tip of her hat and a half bow. The traffic ceased when Théo bumped into the door that was practically thruster onto him causing the sound of impact to reverberate. She gave a small giggle actually finding it funny. Stepping into the pub was an attractive beauty. She was just as formidable curvy as herself. Alex on the one hand, seemed to think so as well. He flushed and shifted beside her finding the reaction rather cute. She couldn't help but smirk. Seeing a man weak, let alone bow to a woman's beauty was amusing. A sexist thought, or perhaps confidence within her form. Had she entered the room in her casual attire, she would gain the eyes of everyone in the room. If only looks could kill, it would be easy as pie to sail the seas. Her moon eyes shift to Cece's advice. Penny clicked her tongue towards Théo. A clumsy tactic to reveal one's weapon. Especially in a bar. "Amateur." She mumbled with a shake of her head.

Another voice enters the establishment. A brunette who seemed to have been crying? She placed a perfect excuse for her tardiness. Yeah right. The pause was obvious that her excuse was fake. Regardless, it appeared she was one of the members Cece listed. More girls, exciting. She didn't have to feel so closed off with everyone anymore. By that notion is meant against the males. She was a tad scared to let her guard down given her past. They were perverted, easily manipulated mammals. The shipwright, stood out on the stereotype. Penny's mind wanders to the warning their captain made. Stealing a ship will be a peace of cake. This was nothinf new and was ready by all means.

Interactions: shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mentions: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock MrBrown MrBrown Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Meredith Meredith Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Exanis Exanis

Cecily “Cece” Eaggert

The young captain’s attention shifted to the newcomer who introduced herself as Jules. Cecily nodded and smiled at her briefly before commenting, “Wonderful! I’m glad you got off when you did otherwise we might have headed out without you. I’m Cecily, but you can call me Cece. In fact, I insist upon it while you are in my crew.” She really wasn’t fond of people who were familiar with her using her full name. That was a name utilized for business purposes only and although captaining a pirate ship was business in some senses, it was also something that was supposed to be fun and supposed to foster relationships that became friendships and even modeled family in some regards. Such a formal name didn’t match those purposes.

Her attention turned back to the woman who she’d very nearly run right into. “And that would make you Mina. This is absolutely delightful. In all my plans, I never anticipated our full crew would actually show up and be ready to go.” Her attention shifted to address the whole crew as she continued, “Congratulations! You’ve all already exceeded my expectations.”

“Excuse me, Ma’am and… guests? I’d like to get into the pub, please,” a gentleman who was now standing behind Mina spoke up, attempting to get Cecily’s attention and he succeeded.

“Oh. So very sorry about that. Yes, come on, we’ve got work to do.” Cecily promptly walked through the door and got out of the way, fully expecting each and every member of her crew would follow behind her without question. Her footsteps didn’t stop once they were out of the doorway of Ashen Wolves Pub, either. Nope, Cecily kept right on walking all the way to Elephant Moon Harbor’s docks and it was only when she was in sight of all the ships that she stopped and started inspecting them a bit more closely.

Her attention turned then to the one person in the crew who likely knew more about ships than she did. “Wes, what do you tend to look for in a good ship? I’d rather not steal one that seems like it’ll fall apart right away if that’s avoidable.”

Interacted With: Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze MrBrown MrBrown Meredith Meredith
Dragged Along: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Pumpkid Pumpkid Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

I am working on another post that I hope to have posted this weekend which will introduce our first antagonists. I just wanted to get one out in the meantime to fill in some time and to give at least a couple people opportunities to write again. If you would like to have your character interact with random individuals in the harbor while Cece talks with Wes, that’s fine. Just please don’t go making any pirates or marines just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back