• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Sengoku Jidai[Samurai RP][Accepting]

Sopranos

The Sop
d9aa3327f5b8aed6d496f1fceb27b131.jpg

A new age, an age of war is coming in Japan...

It's the 16th century in feudal Japan. For hundreds of years, the Ashikaga had ruled over the land, kept it in peace and harmony. But in their later days, the Shogun soon lost influence and control over the daimyos(local lord), especially those whose domains were far from the capital, Kyoto. The daimyos started to grow stronger in both influence and military, but most importantly they do show more and more freely. Many of these Lords began to fight uncontrollably with each other for control over land and influence over the shogunate. This situation brought Japan to a potential of a warring state.

1554, Ashikaga Ichiro, the current Shogun, was assassinated. There were rumors that someone poisoned his drink. The death of the Shogun left Japan without a rightful ruler. And soon there were many opportunists. Watanabe Clan of Tanba province, lead by Watanabe Yoshiro, marched into Kyoto. Watanabe clan was powerful and well-known to be loyal to the Shogun. Therefore it was shocking and unforgivable what they decided to do when they arrived to Kyoto. The Watanabe, in the name of loyalty under the Shogun, used their influence to quickly install the only child of the last Shogun as the new shogun, although that child was only 6 years old. It was a movement to use the Shogun as a puppet. With the Shogun in his hand, Watanabe Yoshiro seized control of the capital and his clan became the most powerful clan in the center. Yoshiro didn't take long before used his power to widen his territory. Yoshiro started attacking others clan for their territories and claimed it was the will of the Shogun to unite Japan. Weaker clans surrendered their territories to Watanabe Clan so that they could live. For those daimyos who refused, their lands suffered war. Not so many could hold again the powerful clan Watanabe and for those who couldn't, a merciless death await. Soon Japan was put into a warring state by the warlord Watanabe Yoshiro.

Meanwhile, the shogun family was kept in the capital, under Watanabe's control. The little Shogun was too young to understand anything while his mother's devastated to see her son on that throne, being used by a tyrant to take away lives of his own people. 1556, Yukihime (Lady Yuki), wife of the last Shogun and mother of the current Shogun, wrote a letter to encourage every daimyo to raise their armies again Yoshiro and stop this demon's mindless killing. With the help of many other Shogun's loyalists, the message was sent far to every clan in Japan, calling them for war again the tyrant Watanabe...

-------------------

So...um... this is a fictional history, samurai/feudal japan RP that take place in the Sengoku Era - The Warring Stage of Japan. The RP starts with the warlord Watanabe Yoshiro, uses the Shogun as a puppet and wages war again other clans. The Shogun family, powerless in Watanabe's hand, sends for other clans to rebel again the powerful clan and stop him. Every character in this RP would be fictional and surely OC (meaning they shouldn't have nothing to do with real history). Our characters will be daimyo or a province or a retainers for daimyo. They'll be the clan that receive the order from the Shogun family and join the army to fight again Watanabe.

Also here is the link for the discord group
The RP is officially open, the thread is right here

(Also, I want to tag a few old friends from the old Sengoku RP where I had a lot of fun SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi loyalwolf loyalwolf Dante Verren Dante Verren Alteras Alteras animegirl20 animegirl20 ChimpMan ChimpMan )

Last edited:
Count me in bud ^_^

I'm interested but I don't know if I have the time available for it. I'll stick around tho.

first of all, lemme say that I'm sorry that the intro post is so bad and full of typos, I was very distracted writing that thing.
Despite that, the interest for this idea is still higher than I expect. I've had this idea for a long time but was afraid that nobody would interested. Therefore, thank you guys.
I'll go prepare all the threads, the discord group and CS soon today and the same time we'll wait if there is anyone else interested.

Also
welcome back Elekta Kount Elekta Kount and Becker Becker , I didn't know you two are also interested in a feudal Japan RP xD
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi sup old buddy old friend old pal old cow, nice to see you're still around
Dante Verren Dante Verren Alteras Alteras animegirl20 animegirl20 thank you guys for being here, the last group was a lots of fun and it's a real bummer that we cant get all of them here now, but I'm looking forward to this as well and hope I can do half as good as HEAT did. Alteras Alteras It's alright if you cant post daily though since I don't expect that much, just stick around if you're still like this idea
adrian_ adrian_ T TrueMandalorian590 Pure Calcium Pure Calcium Nice to know everyone, I'm Sop and I hope you guys will have a good time here.
Pure Calcium Pure Calcium Nice I know, the pleasure of writing a scene of a heroic death of a brave general, or seppuku... Whatever it is, lets not be one of these:

I actrually have an rp that has more of that...actrually it’s more of a napolonic fantasy war like thing...with Japan as one of its factions. Plug plug!

Pure Calcium Pure Calcium hey you deleted your post you sneaky thing, now I look like an idiot Ò.ó
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount nice what are they ? Were you in an RP like this one before ?

I also want to mention that there is no phantasy element in this RP like the last Sengoku Jidai (so there is no demon, no superpower, no Oni, no Shikigami or anything from japanese supernatural myth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back