• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sehrli College for the Gifted (Astral_Ink + Xeppy)

The grand, rather imposing, facade of Sehrli wasn’t exactly what you would call welcoming.
However, it seemed so to Glass, pressing a small, pale hand against the cool grey marble of a towering pillar, letting it leech his heat. He certainly had enough of it, after the long trek upwards, thanks to those awful stairs. How could he be expected to climb them every day?
The school day hadn’t even begun yet, although he already felt exhausted, his body screaming for him to collapse onto his knees, there and then.
Doubled over, hands on his thighs, he surveyed his new fellow students almost jealously, who seemed unperturbed and perfectly capable of the climb up the stairs. He noticed a few of them were already throwing mild looks of interest his way: the proud emblem of the Ametrine family must have caught their eye. He closed his mouth, trying to stop panting, and straightened up, making himself look proud and regal, just as he had always been taught to do.

Mikayla had a spring to her step as she reached the front of the school, excited, twirling when she reached her destination. Wow, she was here! She couldn’t believe it! She was giddy, filled with it, until she glanced up at the rather fancy, huge school, wrinkling her nose. Although it was the first day for everybody, the school gave off a vibe, like it was yelling at her, “Back off! Only important students come here!” Was she one? She even started to doubt herself that she was in the right place. She walked up the flight of stairs, glancing looks at everybody around her.

Walking upwards, she slowly started to begin walking the stairs too at a time, fastening her pace. It was something she always did to make an entrance, as for some reason, everybody near her would at least glance at her when she was running up the stairs. Watching and concentrating where she stepped, she thought, What if I did three steps at a time?

She was near the top when she tried it. The first step of three stairs while running, looking up at the nearest person, seeing an emblem on somebody’s shirt that she noticed before. She looked up at the boy, wondering-

Dummy. Of course she wasn’t paying any attention. Staring up at the boy, she wasn’t paying any attention to her footwork. Right at the last few stairs, she tripped, face planting on the floor- luckily, not on a stair. She could already feel people’s eyes on her, and her terrible reaction time didn’t tell her to immediately change the way everybody saw her fail. She already felt the hot blood running down her face. Ugh, a bloody nose. Hey, that’s funny- she just got a bloody nose yesterday doing the exact same thing with the stairs! Must be a coincidence.

As Glass was preparing to take his first steps into the school, he was distracted by a great thunderous noise coming from behind him. Startled, he whipped round, and was greeted by a figure sprawled out most unceremoniously on the topmost steps. From where he stood, her long brown hair obscured most of her face, but he thought he could see the bright scarlet of spilt blood.
He contemplated what to do. if he just pretended he hadn't seen anything and just walked straight into the school... well, no more problems there. Surely someone would help her.
He cast a surreptitious eye around the front of the school, but no one had moved from their places, seemingly unruffled at this entrance. A few eyed her almost disgustedly.
He sighed.
He began to walk towards her, half reluctantly, although he wondered if it might improve his image around the school. And she did look hurt...
Quickening his pace, he reached her and crouched down next to her head. There was no way he'd be able to help her up, so he just asked, anxiously,
"Are you all right?"

Mikayla raised her head and laughed, ignoring the blood still streaming down her face and the great pain in her body. She raised up her hand to her nose, getting blood all over her hand, and nodded. “Yeah, I’m fi-”

She stopped right in her tracks, staring up at the boy in front of her, the one she noticed before. Her eyes, yet again, tailed to his emblem, then back at the boy‘s facial features. His pale white skin, his emerald eyes, his white hair, not to mention that he looked like he should be in middle school, Mikayla felt… something. As though she knew this one already. She knew that she knew him… or, at least, she recognized the emblem. Her brain apparently decided to take a break at that moment, as she searched the endless regions of her brain, looking for a connection to his face. Failing to remember, she just smiled at him, and got up herself.

”I’m fine,” she lied, having the endless pounding in her head and a really, really bloody hand. With all of her might, she desperately tried to get the boy to believe and “see” that she was fine, although with a trip like that, he probably wouldn’t believe, and see she wasn’t okay. “Just a little trip. Earth‘s gravity just decided to pull me in a little more.“ Without looking for his own reaction, she laughed at her own joke. “Anyways, thank you for asking, kind sir.”

She made a little one handed curtsy to him, smiling brightly at the boy. “Are you here for this school, too? Boy, is it fancy. I guess it is a gifted magic school, though…” She thought to herself for a minute. “What’s your name, mister? I feel like I’ve seen you before. Though I did just hit my head.” She chuckled sheepishly from that moment, still examining the boy, wondering who in the wide world he was.

Last edited:
He laughed awkwardly, and gave a small bow. She had seen him before? How odd… Perhaps it was just the emblem.
He dragged his thoughts back to her bloody hand and nose, and noticed the slightly awkward way she was carrying herself, as though she was in pain. Despite what she had said, she had to be some kind of hurt.
Introduce yourself first.
A voice said in his head, sounding rather like his father’s.
Of course, how could he forget his manners?
“My name is Glass,” He replied, “Glass Ametrine.” wondering if his second name would give the girl a clue as to who he was.
“And if you don’t mind my asking, who might you be?”

Mikayla’s eyes lit up as her mouth dropped. Right as he said the last name, his expression knowingly, something in her brain just clicked. Like the puzzle pieces connected. She squealed and stepped closer to the boy, although slightly limping to make the movement less uncomfortable, and awed, “No way! You-you’re apart of the Ametrine family! The nobles!”

Mikayla jumped up in excitement- well, she tried to, but ended up just doing this awkward, tiny leap- and stared at the boy, amazed that she was talking to him. She never met someone famous before, especially nobles. Mikayla figured that he would be here, though. It was a gifted school.

Mikayla gasped after a second or two, finally realizing that he asked for her name. “O-oh! I’m Mikayla!“ She extended her bloody hand, realized that he wouldn’t want to shake that, then replaced it with her clean one. “Mikayla Miller!” She smiled excitedly at the boy, anxiously waiting for his handshake.

He gave her a bemused smile as she did a clumsy, excited kind of jump, looking at him with a kind of… awe? Well, she was exciteable. And rather easy to please, it seemed.
“Indeed I am.” He said graciously, enjoying this. He couldn’t help but think that her surname was rather… plain. She didn’t look like she belonged somewhere like this, he thought, but then guiltily dismissed the thoughts. She seemed nice enough.
He accepted her hand, giving it a light shake.
“Nice to meet you, Miss Miller.” he paused, then asked, “ Would you like me to accompany you to medical?” The poor thing looked like she’d get lost the first chance she had. He didn’t want to be the one responsible for that.

She looked at him, confused, when he had a slight expression of… judgement? Was it her last name? She bit her lip, wondering if maybe she shouldn’t have used her mother’s maiden name and used her “new” one. No, no, he didn’t seem like the person to judge her for a name. She shook the idea out of her brain and smiled brightly when he took her hand, responding to him by saying, “Nice to meet you too, Glass!”

She looked surprised when he mentioned the medical office, as if she didn’t even know that was an option. “O-oh!” She shook her head no, her smile lowering. “I’m not hurt. I don’t need to go to the health office. I do need tissues, though…” She laughed lightly. “But what classroom doesn’t have tissues? I’m fine. I’ll just go to class and fix up my nose!” She then looked blankly into nowhere, muttering, “When’s my first class start?”

He sighed inwardly. Looked like he'd be stuck helping her for the rest of the day. She was clearly the kind of disorganised person who had absolutely no idea what they were doing, or where they were going, or-
Stop!! he told himself. This is a great chance to make friends, or contacts, just as mother said to do. Or... she'd just end up messing up his chances of any decent friends, and father would hate him for that....
No. He had to stop thinking like this. Who knows, she might be really interesting, or useful, when he got to know her.
Or a great friend, of course.
He shook his head subtly, trying to clear his thoughts.
"Did you not receive a timetable?" he asked, "Classes begin at 9:30. It's..." he glanced up to check the magnificent golden clock mounted high above them. "...8:50 now, so we still have a little time before they begin."
He paused to think for a moment.
"I assume we will be in the same classes together, as all the new students are. It's not a particularly large school, either."

Mikayla looked confusingly for a moment at the boy, wondering what he was talking about, when a lightbulb appeared over her. “Oh, the schedule!” The took the pink backpack off her back, biting her lip in pain at the movement, and placed it on the ground, sitting- well, kneeling- down with it, rummaging desperately to try to find it. She noticed a crumpled piece of paper and took it out, raising it high in the air with accomplishment, yelling, “Found it!”

She quickly scanned the piece of paper, ignoring the, “Mikayla de Persison” at the top of the paper. “Monday,” she muttered to herself, sliding her finger to the right, “9:30… a-HAH!” She looked up at Glass, as if she just discovered how to cure cancer. “Alchemy! At… A2!” She clapped her hands together, then registered what Glass just said. “We’ll be in the same classes together?” She looked up at him, struggled to get up, then clapped her hands yet again, more happily this time. “Yay! Now you have no choice but to be my friend!” She started walking towards the door, looking behind her, waving at him to follow. “Let’s go explore!”

Glass winced when she shouted out, hoping there was no one close enough nearby to hear her. But of course there was, and he stepped back as she did so, glancing elsewhere in an 'I-don't-know-you' way.
After she had finished delighting over her timetable, Glass followed at a safe distance until she reached the door. He caught up with her, muttering "I suppose I don't have a choice."
Then, when he was by her side, "Alchemy, huh? I've heard it's rather interesting."
Walking into the school, they were met by the grand sight of the entrance hall -quite dissimilar to the cold grey outside- which was tiled in shades of brown and dark green, rich brown oak planks lining the walls. A magnificent winding staircase stood in one corner, and a massive brass chandelier hung above them.
Unswayed by the magnificent hall, Glass asked, "Where to next?"

Mikayla payed no attention to Glass straying far from her, paying too much attention on the university. Despite Glass being neutral with the appearance of the school, Mikayla oohed and aahed, being fully impressed. She turned her head left and right, taking it all in, and perking up when she realized Glass was there to go on this adventure with her. She looked at him, confused, as he said something while coming up to her, before his comment about Alchemy. She turned her head and was about to ask him, but he already moved on.

She beamed at him when he gave her all the power to where they were going. Hmm, where to go? They could go visit the classes they have in the future… ehh. She wanted it to be a surprise when they got there. They could go visit the cafeteria, or go to the office to pick extracurricular activities. Right as she chose what to do, she raised her eyebrows and removed her hand from her nose. She smiled.

”Hey, my bloody nose is gone!” She laughed, but it cut off when her eyes trailed to her hands. Boy, it looked like she murdered someone! When she clapped her hands earlier, she just spread the blood to both hands. She already saw looks of alarm on others’ faces, but she just waved: ironically, with her hands, which just made them stare more. She smiled sheepishly at Glass, shimmying her hands at him. “Could we go see where the bathrooms are? I feel like someone’s going to call bloody murder on me if I don’t wash these bad boys.”

Glass laughed. "Of course, we don't want that to happen." He rummaged around in the leather satchel hanging at his side, and produced a detailed map of the school. He swept his gaze over it and quickly found the small square that marked where the bathrooms were. "Here." he said. "The quickest route would be down the corridor in front of the main auditorium, turning left and then it would be on our right. Not too far at all."
He stowed the map back in his bag and turned towards the main doors, which were wide open. "Come on."

Along the corridor stretched a dull reddish tapestry carpet, and the walls were painted a dark grey. They continued down the corridor, turning left after going past another set of double doors, marking the Auditorium. Soon enough, they reached two blue-grey doors opening on to the separate bathrooms.
"Here you are. I'll just wait outside." Glass said, leaning against the wall opposite the bathroom doors.

“Ooh!” Mikayla peeked over his shoulder when he took out the map. It took her a few moments to realize this was a map, from how fancy it was. Boy, it looked like the whole school was taken and just placed onto paper! Completely forgetting about the bathrooms, Mikayla’s eyes swept the map, looking for all the details: there, the cafeteria! Oh, there’s a classroom! She zoned back into Earth when Glass was explaining the directions to the bathrooms. Uhh… what? Mikayla turned her head, confused, like Glass had just spoken some foreign language. Before she could ask, Glass had walked towards the doors, talking to her to follow him. Obediently, Mikayla limped after him, her face still filled with confusion. Although she still limped, the pain had decreased, which was good- maybe she would barely feel it the time that her first class started.

Mikayla followed after Glass blindly, getting the distinct feeling that she would later, too. After passing a whole lotta doors and walls, they stopped. She looked at him curiously before him announcing they were at their destination. She clapped her hands together, and responded to him, “Won’t be long!”

As she went into the restroom, she wanted to aim directly for the sink, but she stopped in her tracks. Why were there so many boys in the girls restroom? And why was she the only girl in here? Did this school mix genders in bathrooms? Confused, she started walking towards the sink, but that’s when everybody noticed her. Everybody was frozen for a few moments before the yelling started. Yelling at her that it’s the wrong bathroom, yelling at her that she needed to leave NOW! Only after a few seconds of yelling did it finally click in her head, her cheeks flushing, her running out the door to the girl’s bathroom. While some girls gave her strange looks, it didn’t compare to how those boys looked at her! Her cheeks still bright red, she washed her hands for about two minutes, embarrassed to go outside. There might be a boy from the restroom out there, but even if there wasn’t, Glass probably heard the whole thing. If he didn’t hear, he would’ve seen her dash from restroom to restroom.

She smacked her now-clean hand on her head. Her powers! She could’ve just used her power to avoid this whole scenario! She sighed, yet again, about how she completely threw the advantages of manipulating people’s sight out the window. She could make herself invisible to other’s eyes… but Glass was waiting for her. She couldn’t just ditch him like that. She sighed, walking out of the girl’s restroom, standing next to Glass without saying a word, desperately hoping that he wouldn’t say anything.

Glass was reclining against the wall, idly gazing around him, taking it all in. Here he was. The school he had been so excited about, knowing that not just anybody could come here. For a moment he wondered if he’d still have been accepted even if he wasn’t from a family such as the Ametrines. How different would his life be if he wasn’t a noble? How different would he be? Would he have ended up like a version of Mikayla? Not that that was a bad thing… she was certainly more… well, free-spirited than him, and rather hilarious at times too, even though he’d just got to know her. He sighed, his head suddenly oddly heavy with so many different thoughts whirling around in his mind. This could be another side-effect, he thought. Or maybe he was just tired; he had stayed up late last night, studying. Did people sometimes feel like this? Was it normal?
His mind was just getting off track again when his brain registered a sudden burst of noise- shouts, it sounded like. He looked up just in time to see a blur of colour dart from one bathroom door to the other next to it.
What was that?
He suppressed a smile as he realised what it could have been.
Thinking back, he was sure Mikayla had gone into the wrong door, not that he had realised it at the time. He felt a pang of guilt, for not having been more alert. It was just the kind of thing she would do…
What seemed like ages later, Mikayla finally emerged, from the right bathroom this time. As she stood next to him, he tried to suppress a laugh, it suddenly seeming rather funny to him. Trying to pretend nothing had happened, for her sake, he asked, “ Where do you want to go now? I can show you the map again if you like, and you can see if anything looks interesting.”

Mikayla’s face filled with relief when Glass didn’t say anything, although her cheeks were still bright pink with embarrassment. She wondered if Glass even saw anything, but instantly forgot about it when he gave her the power to choose where they should go again. She put her finger to her lips, mind filling with ideas on where to go. They already know where the restrooms are, but they had no idea where the rest of the areas are. An idea popped into her head as she thought of what to do. At her old school, when she had no idea where she was going, she just wandered around during her free time, and soon enough, she knew it like the back of her hand.

”Who says we need a map?” She smiled mischievously. “C‘mon, let’s just explore! Go where the wind takes us!” She lifted her arms up to the roof for affect, wincing, then beaming at Glass. “Plus, we still have…” She paused, turning around and looking up at the wall, where a tiny clock was. It wasn’t one of those clocks where it just told you the times- you had to actually read the arms on the clock. She took a moment to read it, then turned around excitedly at Glass. “20 minutes! It’s 9:10 right now. Time flies. We still have a little more time before we have to go to Alchemy.“

Before walking to nowhere without him, she looked at Glass, waiting for his approval, staring at him with pleading eyes. “Please?”

Last edited:
“Hmm…” he said, looking into her puppy-dog eyes. “What if we run into a space that’s restricted for students? We won’t know about it.” He paused for a moment, then relented.
“All right, so long as you take the blame for anything bad that happens.” He returned her mischievous smile.
Stepping aside, he bowed and gestured to the rest of the corridor with a sweeping arm motion.
“Lead the way, ma’am.”

As Glass was double thinking about it, she put her hands into a praying gesture, saying, “Pleaseeeeeee?” Her face lit up when he finally caved in, her putting her hands in the air in accomplishment, although she was a little confused that he did. Until now, she was under the assumption that nobles and other high ranks were always good, never rule breakers, and Glass’s attitude before made her think that. Did his vocabulary just spook her? She felt guilty that she was categorizing him that way, having a determined expression as she promised never to do it again. Well, until she processed his condition. She bit her tongue, thinking, then her mischievous glamour came back. “Okay, but we won’t be caught. I’m a master at this sort of thing.” She smiled. “Plus, my power was made for this.”

She did a twirl that looked somewhat normal this time, and giggled at Glass’s gesture, walking down the corridor. “Why, thank you kind sir.” Assuming Glass was following after her, she started counting ideas in her head. “Okay, so first, we gotta find an area where kids aren’t gathered around. That usually means a public place isn’t near there, such as a classroom or library. That’s where all the interesting places are.“ She put her finger to her lip. “Or we could just turn this corner and go right-left-right-left until we find something. What do you want?” She smiled excitedly, memorizing to herself, “It’s like a choose your own adventure book!”

Glass followed after her, as she mused over what to do, subconsciously smiling at her antics. When she asked him where to go, he paused thoughtfully.
"The library would have been a pleasant place to go," he said, half regretfully, "but..." he shrugged. "I suppose your right-left idea is a good one. We'll do that, see what we find." That would be a good way to explore the school. rather fun, too. "And... what is your power?" he asked curiously. For someone like her, it could be any manner of things, he thought.

Mikayla stopped in her tracks when Glass asked, eyebrows raised up. He asked about her powers? She placed her finger to her forehead. How would she show him? Simply telling him would be out-of-this-world boring. She could make herself invisible, but that‘s not fun enough. She could make it seem like she had been hit by lightening! Eh, but he probably wouldn’t believe that. It’s not raining, first of all, and there’s usually a sound effect that goes along with it. She can only adjust sight- not anything else. She slowly smiled evilly as she wondered if Glass was afraid of bugs. Using her powers, she made it seem like a bunch of red ants were crawling up her skin.

Mikayla was grateful that her powers didn’t work on herself. She surely would’ve believed it herself if she saw a bunch of fake red ants on her arm. Trying to pretend like nothing happened, she smiled at Glass, wondering what is going on through his eyes.

Glass almost walked into Mikayla as she halted abruptly before him. He raised an eyebrow as a wicked smile soon spread across her face, thinking he was beginning to regret this.
He stood there for a few moments, waiting, feeling more tense as each second passed. Eventually, he sensed movement near his eye level and glanced down. Glass almost jumped in shock. There, crawling along both of Mikayla's arms, were several strings of red ants. Weren't they venomous?
Horrified, he stepped away from her, saying, "I-I think there's-" but then broke off, seeing the look on her face, and realising what it must be. It couldn't be a coincidence that this had happened right after he had asked about her powers. "Do you control bugs?" he asked, still keeping well away from the ants.
He couldn't help thinking that that was a rather odd power to have, let alone not too useful. Unless you wanted to get away from someone who had a fear of ants.

Mikayla burst out laughing at Glass’s reaction, not being able to hide her amusement any longer. The horrified expression on his face made her wish that she did control bugs. The way that he immediately decided that he would rather stay a good distance away from her was too much for her to handle. She wiped away the tears that had spilled out from laughing so hard, her face tomato red, as she tried to take deep breaths, still bursting out giggles. “No- no,” she gasped out, biting her lip for a few moments to regain the ability to talk again. “Do you think I got into this school from controlling bugs, Glass?” She giggled again, making the ants disappear from his view. She walked up to him and made eye level with him, making her eyes emerald green for a second before having them hazel again, making her hair color black before adjusting them to brown again. “Got a guess now?” She smiled, knowing that he had to guess her power, as she was never going to simply tell him.

Glass just stood there, watching her as she laughed, bemused. Was it really that funny? As she came up to him, he stood awkwardly staring at her - he wasn't used to anyone coming this close - as her eyes shifted colour to match his own. He barely had time to react before they turned back to their normal colour again, leaving him wondering if he had just imagined it. But even as he thought that, her hair this time changed to black, and he gave a little gasp. "That's quite amazing." he said. What could her power be? Shapeshifting? But where had the ants come from? Self-manipulation? Same as shapeshifting. Hmm...
"I'm not really sure." he admitted eventually. "Some kind of shapeshifting?"

Mikayla grew anxious when Glass was taking forever to guess what her power was again, hoping that he would get it right. She got out of his face and slumped noticeably when Glass guessed it wrong again, groaning, “You’re killing me here, Glass!” She wanted to just give him the answer, but at the same time, she didn’t. Wondering to herself, she knocked her head and decided to give him a hint. “Well, how do you know if the ants were real? Or if I really changed my eye color or hair color?” She looked for clues in his face that he understood. “Maybe I manipulated something…? A sense of yours?” Mikayla raised her eyebrows, so desperate for him to guess it that she might as well have blurted it out to him.

As she thought about this, she instantly wondered what Glass’s power was. Probably something powerful. She shook her head again as she assumed - again- that since he was a noble, he was these certain traits. Her doing that was just as bad as Glass assuming that she had a terrible power because she wasn’t a noble. Desperately trying to get out of that way of thinking, she blurted out, “What’s your power?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back