Segregation [Inactive]

Aliah continued to run, not turning back or even considering to go back. She didn't know or trust them, and it wasn't something that was likely to change. After a while she came across a stream. Pausing by it for a moment before bending down to wash and bandage her wound.

Joe had been clever enough to anticipate her and had swung left on a much larger curve. Because of this he came out behind her with her back to him. He approached her gently and quietly, without making a sound. He then promptly jumped on her, holding her tight to him so she couldn't break free

Aliah grasped her chakram from the ground and ran the bladed edge along his flesh in an attempt to get him to let go. Struggling against his grasp, she clawed at the skin she could reach her anger flaring and fuelling her movements as her heart pumped the adrenaline around her body.

He winced but was used to the pain "please" he muttered "I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to know if we could work together. I can help you with that wound, you're not dealing with it properly"

"Get off," she growled, still struggling, as she pressed the blade deeper into his wound. "I don't want or need your help," she spat out angrily, shifting in his arms so she could move more. Driving her elbow into his gut and pushing her body away from his, she gripped her metallic circular blade as her whole body began to shake in fury.

Grace followed the figure that had followed the arrow. The light had shone faintly on the figure's face; it was a boy. The face was so different than she imagined, she just had to see it close up. She followed him to the stream where she saw a girl who she had seen around the camp. She put Aspen inside her cloak, lowered her bow, and watched with fascination.

"You do" he muttered, falling to the ground "that water is dirty, it came from an old pipe downstream" he winced at the pain "if you don't come with me your wound may go septic"

Aliah spun around, landing on her heels and falling into a crouch over him. She poised the bladed edge of her blade against his neck and glared. "I'll take my chances," she said bitterly, her injured wrist moving to a dagger by her hip bone and slowly moving it to by his rib cage. "Now leave me alone, or I will kill you. It's a very simple choice. Understand?" she said, pronouncing each word carefully. Her golden eyes were fixed on his as her hair blew gently in the wind.

"Kill me then" he mumbled "I'm the only one who can help you. Unless you want to go back to where you came from"

She growled, her eyes narrowing. "I don't want either of those things," she said sliding her dagger back into her belt. A bright, innocent smile spread across her face as she slipped the chakram away and slid off of him, hurrying back to the stream and picking up her other chakram. "I'm Aliah," she said blowing a speck of dirt off of the blade. She slid it back into her belt and stepped back towards him.

She rolled her eyes. "An observant one. Tell me, are all boys that intelligent or are you just special?" she asked sarcastically, washing the blood from her hand as she had been before he had attacked her.

"I'm more intelligent than most" he looked away from her, not wanting to stare and seem rude

Aspen squirmed in her cloak and Grace held her in her hands. "Shh," she whispered. "I want to hear this." The marten almost frowned and kept squirming, trying to get out of her hands.

"Well that doesn't bode well for the rest of your gender," she said rudely, moving up to wash the dirt and leaves from her wound. Once she was done, she ripped a portion of her tank-top off and tied it around her wrist. "It'll do for now," she muttered to herself and stood back up. "Don't know where to look?" she asked him, noticing that he had turned away.

He blushed "our trainers told us stories about girls and the other gender" he looked down and started to mumble again "they never mentioned they looked like you"

"Right," she said running a hand through her hair. "Enjoy the freedom," she continued simply, before beginning to walk away from him, one hand on her sword.

"Wait" he called after her "can I stay with you? I'm good with plants and shelters and things. I'm just not as good a fighter as you" he blushed and looked down surprised at the animal

The marten rubbed against his legs and almost purred, its eyes closed. Grace glared. "Come back here you little monster," she whispered.

Daniel followed Joe's command and had followed them for at least a quarter mile by tree. After he found the two, he watched the confrontation between them closely with his bow aimed at the women's temple the entire time. If she had made a move that threatened his friends life, he would have pierced her with his technological arrow. He had many different kinds of arrows since this was what he was brought up to be. A thief. A rogue. An archer. He had arrows tipped with poison, regular arrows, explosive arrows, hacking arrows, electronic disrupter arrows, etc. He would have chose one to fit the situation obviously. After the two returned to mono-syllabic conversation and civilized behavior, he heard Joe say that he was, "more intelligent then most." He thought this was a perfect time for an entry. He did a graceful dismount from the tree down to an area just a few yards behind the girl. He came up from one knee and smiled underneath his hood. Of course you couldn't see that with his mask up. "You may be smarter then most, but you aren't as intelligent as some," Daniel said, referring to himself. He stood in a strong presence near the lake; waiting for the girl to turn around and react to him. He was ready for the worst reaction as well as the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back