• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Seems a lil OFF, Don't It? (OFF RP)

truthofself

resident problem child
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
>About OFF<
OFF is a French Indie RPG about A Man called the Batter, his sole goal is to purify the world he inhabits of the sick, and the sinners. He's guided by someone everyone refers to as 'the puppeteer' the player of the game, someone who isn't actually in the game, but controls the batter down the paths they think are right. Along the way you both meet interesting other characters and work on hi goal together.

However, we're not following the basic story line completely. Sure we keep the same characters, and add in our some of our own. But, in this world, everything a lil OFF.

>Prompt<
In this world, you have the same dream every night. Sometimes you struggle to sleep because of it, other times you're fine. In your dreams you're in a whole new worlds. You breathe out thick black smoke, and everything's black and white. You see monsters running a muck. And nothing is similar to your real world. And yet the second you wake up, its normal, and you carry on your day like normal. Ignoring whatever might've happened the night before in the dream world.

But as time goes on, you notice people in the real world, are the same as people you've seen in your dream, except you don't actually remember the dream during the day. You can remember someones face, and the fact you've had a reoccurring dream for weeks, but you cannot actually remember what the dream is about, all you remember is the faces of people and some interactions you'll have with them.

>Premise<
So, once you recognize everyone, what then? At that point, some will share that you've met them prior in a dream. But not everyone will speak out about this dream you've all been having. And even then, what then. We play the game. The batter with start his quest to purify,, the player with guide him through and act as his ADD-ON for the fights. They'll play the game in their dreams. And Be functioning humans in real life.

>Need More Information<
> Every Character is Playable. Feel free to even create an OC to play as if you want. ^^
> The Judge/Pablo doesn't need to be a Cat in the Real world, it would be kinda funny if he were a human with a cat counterpart.
> The Judge/Pablo will be able to remember the most, along with the Queen.
> The Batter, and the Player will remember the second most.
> Everyone else will remember just the faces of people and some of their interactions.
> Any OC made for the RP would have to be an Elsen. (The workers of the OFF World)
> Feel free to ask anything.

>Finale<
Once/If this gains enough traction, I'll create the OOC and the Character Sheet Section. (5+ people)

>Interest<
>Interested: 3
>Maybe: 2

Last edited:
Well I'm here if you needa ask anything! ^^
So are the characters from the game seeping into real life? If so, what's the reason for?
Also, is the game only in the dream?

So are the characters from the game seeping into real life? If so, what's the reason for?
Also, is the game only in the dream?
Yeah! Everyone's stuck between real life and the game. So The Batter, Zacharie, the Queen, and everyone else had a real world counter part, with actual names and history to them. In this everyone is naturally from the real world. The exact reason for the shared dream is still mostly in the works, but I have a rough idea that i still need to work out of the issues for. *sweat drop*

I'd be interested as well! (: I'd love to play The Judge for this, preferably still as a cat rather than a human, if it'd be alright? If it wouldn't be alright bro ask for characters at this point though, then that would be completely fine, and my apologies if I'm being a bother by asking or anything.

I'd be interested as well! (: I'd love to play The Judge for this, preferably still as a cat rather than a human, if it'd be alright? If it wouldn't be alright bro ask for characters at this point though, then that would be completely fine, and my apologies if I'm being a bother by asking or anything.
Whoa! Hun you're being purrfectly fine! So don't fret.
And Its fine to ask to a muse right now, since the main cast is so limited in OFF.
Plus an actual cat in both worlds? that would be pretty sick. ^^

And Its fine to ask to a muse right now, since the main cast is so limited in OFF.

Ah alright, thank you! (: I'm glad that it's okay to do so then. Also, may I ask, would The Judge still be a talking cat in the real world then, or will he just be a seemingly "normal" cat? Either way would be fine with me; I was just wondering about this!

So I was thinking.. Could I be the ADD-ONs? Like one or two of them?

Ah alright, thank you! (: I'm glad that it's okay to do so then. Also, may I ask, would The Judge still be a talking cat in the real world then, or will he just be a seemingly "normal" cat? Either way would be fine with me; I was just wondering about this!
He'd most likely keep the appearance of just a simple cat in the real world.
However if i go with the most complex plot idea he could talk in the realworld but would probs keep it a secret

So I was thinking.. Could I be the ADD-ONs? Like one or two of them?
Actually, I was going to make the Player the ADD-ONs. So instead of the Batters actual Ring ADD-ONs He's have the Player next to him fighting as well. (Since I was gonna be the player, i thought it'd be easier that way,,, *sweat drop*)

However if i go with the most complex plot idea he could talk in the realworld but would probs keep it a secret

Actually, I was going to make the Player the ADD-ONs. So instead of the Batters actual Ring ADD-ONs He's have the Player next to him fighting as well. (Since I was gonna be the player, i thought it'd be easier that way,,, *sweat drop*)
Okay, I was just thinking it'd be interesting playing as one of them. Could I be a player then? If not I could be maybe the Batter? I'm not bet good at him though

However if i go with the most complex plot idea he could talk in the realworld but would probs keep it a secret.
Ah alright, I see! That's fine with me then, as I'd love to be able to perform the character in any case. (: I do like the idea of him keeping his ability to talk a secret, but if the more complex plot would be too complicated to do or anything, then that would be okay too.

Okay, I was just thinking it'd be interesting playing as one of them. Could I be a player then? If not I could be maybe the Batter? I'm not bet good at him though
You don't need to be good at being a character to be them, so you could be the batter,, since I rather keep the Player role,,,?

Ah alright, I see! That's fine with me then, as I'd love to be able to perform the character in any case. (: I do like the idea of him keeping his ability to talk a secret, but if the more complex plot would be too complicated to do or anything, then that would be okay too.
It wouldn't be too complicated of a plot, it just would make the story more believable in a way. it's just more complex in terms of explaining and such. ^^

Would take the Batter if he ends up being needed. (Just finished this game a few months ago 10/10 time)
But no pressure if someone else wants it.
I'm just intrigued by the prospects of this as an RP currently ^ ^//

Users who are viewing this thread

Back