• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern SEEKING MODERN-REALISM ONE-ON-ONE WITH AN EMPHASIS ON WRITING.

sverance

Purveyor of Miserable Characters
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My name is Damien, I've been happily concocting stories now for well-over ten years and have recently migrated here (as recently as yesterday evening) from another community in lieu of pursuing even more writing. I am in my late-twenties/early-thirties and while I would much prefer writing partners in or around my age, will welcome anyone over the age of twenty. I would consider myself a consistent writing partner; you'll likely receive anywhere from two to four replies on any given day during the week. Admittedly, I am away from my computer most weekends. The length of my replies is dependent solely on the context of the story. For any given bout of dialogue, I average about 200 to 300 words; posts involving heavy exposition or narrator intervention, roughly 800 to 1k. My preference is MxF, with myself heading the male perspective. Other original characters would be preferred. I frequently utilize NPC's and other extraneous side-characters to further enrich a story.

A mutual passion for writing and wordsmithing would be preferred in a writing-partner! Specifically, someone who also enjoys a long-term novella role-playing style would be ideal. I am a lawyer who is also a hobbyist writer and when I'm not typing away for work or leisure, I'm spending time with my wife and our golden retriever (do excuse my sudden rhyming). I am a self-confessed anime and video-game enthusiast who also loves to read.

At the moment, I keep a default character whose story is steeped in modern-realism. He is a retired neurosurgeon and acting CEO of a medical infirmary and research company headquartered in Manhattan. His brief description can be read below:

"doctor vallieré is a former neurosurgeon in possession of a caustic misery, plagued by a virulent blend of severe existential ennui and cynicism, and whose sterile universe conceals a black apostate underbelly. his choleric temperament betrays the very clemency of his profession."

The focus of this character would be romance with sparse hints of drama and a certain rom-com-esque quality. I would be delighted to divulge more if any interest is garnered. Certain elements of tragedy and religion do revolve around this character, so I would kindly ask that any interested party be accepting of these.

It is worth mentioning that I harbor a secret soft-spot for general fantasy or medieval fantasy-based plots. If the aforementioned premise doesn't interest you, I'm very open to discussing other ideas and characters! My hobby has always been writing regardless of contents. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back