• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Seeking long-term partner

Dov

People Eater
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, I'm Dov. I'm 25 and I've been rping for about 12 years. Rp is my primary social outlet, so I'm looking for somebody who can post many times per day, every day, or fairly close to it. I'm not a fan of apocalyptic settings, I generally don't like fandoms, though I'm open to playing in certain worlds associated with them (Pokemon, Dresden Files... actually I can't think of any others off the top of my head). I'll play pretty much anything else. I absolutely do not play or interact with canon characters. To be completely honest, I'm really over dark, high-impact mental illness characters right now. I'll play with them but I'm looking for a break from them at the moment. Mild depression or some manageable social ineptitude is fine but I'd like to stay away from the manic schizophrenics, manic depressives, acute bipolars, stuff like that.

I want consistent literacy. I'm not looking for florid language, avid thesaurus.com users, or 5 paragraphs. I want at least 95% correct use of the yours and theirs, correct capitalization and use of apostrophes, and accurate spelling. Artful sentence structure is fine within reason. I rp in 3rd person and expect my partners to do so as well. I do not want a single line of dialogue nested in 2 paragraphs of details we've already established, dialogue gets one-liney and that's fine. There's a time and place for long, descriptive bits. I want to read information that you feel is relevant to the moment, not a reminder that your character's hair is brown.

I use many characters for one rp, I expect my partner to play several characters. I don't want them all at the same time, of course, I just want them to be available. I don't want to play with somebody who only plays one gender or one kind of whatever. I don't force pairings or romance but I'm looking for somebody who is open to all kinds of pairings (mxm, fxm, fxf, anythingxother) and mature themes where they may organically occur. I like romance a lot, I don't want to do without it.

I don't intend on laying out potential plots. I prefer to build plots around the characters or muses or whatevers you're feeling strongly, whatever settings they're gravitating to, and build plot from there. That being said, if you're interested in playing with me, I'd like to hear about 2-4 characters who are mentally jumping for you right now. I'll play on pms here, discord, or skype. If I don't sound like exactly what you're looking for, then I'm not what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Interested! I'm often very cautious about rping with people who portray "mentally ill" characters, mostly because it's often a really poor and offensive representation of real people. I know and have grown up with people who have schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and I always give side eyes to people playing "schizophrenic" characters, it's just hurtful nonsense. I've been rping since 2012 and up until this year, I've run multiple characters at once. I recently lost my long-term rp partner (same person from 2012) and I've been out of the scene a little bit. A little forgiveness for one-liners during dialogue goes a long way so I appreciate that. I do a ton of romance stuff, but I get people not being too into that.

Only difference is that I do tend to do a bit of planning so that's what I'm used to. If you don't wanna do that we don't have to.

I'm interested! This all seems very similar to how I tend to rp, except that I use almost exclusively dragon characters and am not very experienced in playing as humans or in modern settings... However, I do have some human characters I could use as long as you're ok with me being slow to start with them.

I'm interested! This all seems very similar to how I tend to rp, except that I use almost exclusively dragon characters and am not very experienced in playing as humans or in modern settings... However, I do have some human characters I could use as long as you're ok with me being slow to start with them.
I'm looking for something a little more broad, but thanks for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back