• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Seeking a Kindred Spirit (Detailed)

Proficiently Awkward

Professional Cynic
There’s no way to not make this sound like a singles ad – I’m searching for my RP platonic life partner. I’ve been in the RP game a long, long while, and as time goes on, I find it more difficult to form lasting ‘RP-lationships’. It’s been years since I’ve found a partner who was committed enough to stick around and create multiple, varied RPs. So, in an effort to ditch the one-night-stand feeling RPs…here comes my pitch.

I suppose I ought to start off by saying that I’m looking for a good match – a person who loves character development, world-building, and plot discussion just as much as I do. If you couldn’t already tell, I’m a bit of a mouth-piece. There is nothing I like more than dissecting the possibilities of a RP and shaping it to suit the specific wishes or needs both parties are looking for.

I want someone to give me richly developed characters with room to grow. I’m not into the Mary/Gary-Sue type. Nobody is good at everything. Nobody knows it all. Neither should your character. But if you give me what I want, I will give you the same. I’m an addict for character creation and development. I like creating multiple characters in any given RP. You don’t have to have more than one character, but I just might!

Clichés, no thank you. Person x Person and You x Me set ups cheese me off, some. If you have predetermined my role before the RP has even started, then you might as well be writing fiction on your own, not RPing. I already know what I want to get out of my RP ideas – it’s my partner’s job to fill in the blank spots with their own, richly crafted character.

I spend a good portion of my life adulating- I’m a grown-ass human with responsibilities. However, with that being said, I will attempt to post once every day or two. If life spirals out of control and my reply is going to take longer than expected, I will keep my partner updated. I expect the same things in return. Also, I’m more than willing to IM via Skype and construct ideas, since that’s typically faster than PMing and spamming each other’s inboxes.

Below, I’ll list off I’ll list off my requirements. Requirements. I hate calling them that. Still, this is an overview of what I am looking for.

· Detailed RP – I want to be challenged, but that does not mean that I expect my partner to write a novel every time they sit down to reply. While I am a multi-paragraph guru, I don’t expect a simple conversation between characters to be 600+ words, or what have you. Quality over quantity. Keep things descriptive and literate is all I ask.

· Romance – Not necessary. If you need romance to be able to drive a plot, I am not the partner for you. That being said, a relationship developing naturally throughout the course of the story is always welcome. I’m just not one for setting up or ‘shipping’ characters before the RP has even started. I’m also not squeamish – M/F. M/M. Whatever. Sometimes boys like boys. Sometimes girls like girls. Sometimes, people aren’t attracted to anything. (The majority of my main characters are male).

· Only Original Characters Need Apply – ‘Nuff said. Even though I am rabid about fandoms.

Genres! At this moment in time, this particular list would be what I’d be most interested in RPing.

· Dystopian Society/Post-Apocalyptic

· Fantasy – No vampires/werewolves/angels/demons. If I can find another poor soul as obsessed with Drow or the Underdark (Dungeons and Dragons/ R.A. Salvatore-style) I might shit a literal brick from excitement.

· World Building – Never for the faint of heart, but if you’re up for the challenge, so am I.

Fandoms! I am foam-at-the-mouth rabid about some of my fandoms. *’s will indicate which I’d be most interested in. Again, this is just what I’d be most interested at the moment – I’ll ever be adding and subtracting items on this list. Please do recall that ‘only original characters need apply’ bit from before. Really, it’s the universe my fandoms are from that’s my real passion, not the individual characters.

· Mad Max * - Specifically Mad Max: Fury Road or Beyond Thunderdome.

· The Foxes of Firstdark/Ratha’s Creature * - Out of print books. Because I’m old.

· Dinotopia

· MLP:FIM – Somewhat embarrassing to admit…but I’d RP that.

· FMA: Brotherhood

· Studio Ghibli

· Clan of the Cave Bear

If any of this has struck a chord within any of you – if there is another soul out there genuinely searching for the same – shoot me a PM.

I am a Mad Max: Fury Road junkie. Hah. Junkie. Junkie XL. Composer of this movie's soundtrack. Haha. He's Dutch, just like me. The coincidences in this life.

Ahem, right. I'm shooting a PM your way asap! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, I found another reader of the Earth Children Series. I might faint. PMing you immediately.

I am always interested. I usually give what I receive in postings, so that isn't a big issue. One role play I did on another site we were posting like six or seven paragraphs each post. I am also big with character development, so yay, someone to relate with lol. Anywho, I could tell you more if you have any questions and tell me if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back